Start by marking “Fairytales Slashed 4” as Want to Read:
Fairytales Slashed 4

Fairytales Slashed 4

(Fairytales Slashed #4)

Sometimes taking a chance on a stranger is worth the risk …

The Fairy's Assistant is a stranger wherever he goes, except to the knight determined to capture him once and for all.

The Prince of the Moon desperately seeks to break the curse on his kingdom, but will the stranger who arrives to help him prove to be only a hindrance?

In Learning to See a man saves his family by
ebook
Published July 4th 2012 by Less Than Three Press LLC (first published June 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fairytales Slashed 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairytales Slashed 4

Cole Riann
I read a couple of these as they were released as serials, but I hadn't yet had the chance to go back and read "The Fairy's Assistant" and "The Prince of the Moon", which in reading them now are definitely to favorite stories of the anthology. I suppose, being the gay man I am I'm not yet brave enough to read f/f, no matter how much I love JL Merrow, so I did skip that story.

I have to say, though, that the opening story (more like novel) of this anthology, Sasha Miller's "The Fairy's Assistant"
L-D
Sep 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth in the Fairytales Slashed series and I enjoyed it as much as the previous three. While I have an eBook cutoff of $7.99, I did pay $8.99 for this book because I enjoyed the previous ones and with the number of works in this anthology, I think it's worth it.

The Fairy's Assistant: [4 stars] I enjoyed this story about Hayden, a man who travels with his fairy, Lily, while doing good deeds. In this story, magic and magic users are banned and illegal. Hayden is pursued by a knight of
Deeze
Jun 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Overall 5 stars as I enjoyed each tale, although some suited me more than others.

The Fariy's Assistant

A new look at the Cinderella story with the added bonus of Sidney and Hayden.

I enjoyed the beginning and end of this story but felt the middle dragged a little. I would of liked a little more back ground on how Hayden and Lily bonded, but apart from that this was a very satisfying read. 3.5 stars

The Prince of the Moon

Megan Derr's worlds never fails to enthral me.

A wonderful twist on t
Sofia~
Leí The Fairy's Assistant, y Cinder-Elle, y los dos fueron "aaawwww❤" Muy lindos.

Hayden me simpatizó mucho, especialmente por su inseguridad al no saber leer, escribir, o el idioma de las hadas.
You're not stupid, baby (his insult), you are amazing and wonderful and sweet and nice and good and just because you don't know those things, doesn't mean you're less or "stupid/ignorant", you are far from that, I love you Hayden, cuchi.

Y Elleron, tan fuerte y valiente y good and nice and beautiful. Su
Kira

The Fairy's Assistant by Sasha L. Miller- 4 stars (Cinderella)
This has to be one of my favorite twists on Cinderella.

The Prince of the Moon by Megan Derr- 3 stars
I liked the idea and up until the ending, which I felt was rather disappointing, it was a really good story. It's not it was a horrible ending, just it didn't sit well with me

Learning to See by Julia Alaric- 2 stars (Beauty and the Beast)
I don't really have much to say about this one.

Cinder-Elle by Mell Eight- 3 stars (Cinderella)
Lov
blub
4 m/m stories and 1 f/f story. My favorite stories were "Learning to See" and "Cinder-Elle". The MC's and the storyline for "Learning to See" was a bit similar to Amy Lane's Truth in the Dark. Very entertaining perspectives on well liked fairytales.
Li-li Smith
Jul 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent bar norm for less than three. I can't say I had any complaints, nor a favorite for the volume.
Josephine
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
The Fairy's Assistant - Sasha L. Miller: ★★★★★
Cute story with nice relationship development; my favourite of the bunch

The Prince of the Moon - Megan Derr: ★★★★
An angsty take on Snow White. My only complaint was that I found the ending to be a little lackluster since it felt like one of the characters pulled a behavioural one-eighty just to conclude the story

Learning to See - Julia Alaric: ★★★
Personally, Beauty and the Beast has never been one of my favourite fairy tales. While I liked this story
Teeny
I read/skimmed all of the fairytales except the last one. They are nice enough but their length was daunting that for me resulted in losing steam thus skimming ensued.
TS
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Cinder-Elle - Dude, you don't have to get the guy in a dress for us to understand that he is playing Cinderella!!
Mercedes
Mar 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-romance, fantasy
Now all the stories worked out for me. I fact only one I really enjoyed. Here are my quick thoughts.

The Fairy's Assistant: a bit too long, but Good story.
The Prince of the Moon: Could have been a good story but too short.
Learning to See: Awkward time jump of 1 year that encompasses how the MCs get to know each other. That's unacceptable! How are we to believe in their HEA if we don't even get to see how they get to know each other!
Cinder-elle: Cute I liked. The story that worked the best for me.
Erin
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
The Fairy's Assistant by Sasha L Miller - 4 stars (Cinderella slashed)
The Prince of the Moon by Megan Derr - 4 stars (Original from what I can tell)
Learning to See by Julia Alaric - 4 stars. Best of the set. (Beauty and the Beast slashed)
Cinder-Elle by Mell Eight - Skimmed. (Cinderella slashed)
Capture the Moon

There were two Cinderella-slashed stories in this collection. Cinderella is not my favorite fairytale and it's one that's way overdone for re-working. The multiple Cinderellas is the reason
Hoa
Prince of the Moon is good, but the rest is not for me. Especially Learning to See, I don't understand why there's always this motif: not until "beauty" rejected the beast and gone home did he realize his family was not for him and he treated the beast so terribly- then he regretted and went back to the beast. Does that mean if his family welcomed him back he would never realize he had mistreated the beast??? Sorry, Brannin was such a jerk and I couldn't come to sympathize.
Morgana

Cinder-Elle by Mell Eight - tbr

Capture the Moon by J.L. Merrow - tbr
Sadaharuhi
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
i love me some fairy tales

photo original_zpsi6vzfy8j.gif
Marlobo
The Fairy's Assistant by Sasha L Miller - 3 stars
The Prince of the Moon by Megan Derr - 4, 5 stars
Learning to See by Julia Alaric - 4 stars
Cinder-Elle by Mell Eight - 3 stars
Capture the Moon by JL Merrow - Skipped
RJ
MY only wish is that the last story focused on the friar and the guard, and not Adrien.
T Silver
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-fantasy
Thuly Tran
Oct 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Read all but the last story. F/f is just not my taste eventhough I really like the author O_O;
J.D. Ruskin
Dec 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-fantasy
I loved The Fairy's Assistant and The Prince of the Moon. They felt like complete stories. The other stories were enjoyable, but not as compelling. Overall, it is a fun collection.
Alan
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
One of the better anthologies I have read so far. Beautiful stories all around.
A
Cannot wait for this one, I absolutely adore these anthologies.
Alison
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it. One of the stories had me in tears, another close. And the lesbian story was done in a way that I enjoyed reading it, which I don't usually.
ms.beau
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: series
"Prince of the Moon" a strong 4+ stars, "Capture the Moon" a decent 3 stars; everything else barely readable.
Omega696
I had a grand time reding those retold fairytales. I'll surely look into other volumes of Fairytales slashed.
AG

• Fairytales Slashed 3
  • That Famous Happy End
  • Seeing is Believing
  • Cleanly Wrong
The discovery at age five of her mother’s typewriter lurking the bowels of her basement inspired Julia’s first story, a moving, multi-chaptered, twelve-sentence masterpiece about a blood-thirsty blob. Since then, she’s gone on to write many vastly better spelled stories with much happier endings.

Julia finds absolutely everything completely fascinating, which is why she spends most of her time in a

Fairytales Slashed (8 books)
  • Fairytales Slashed Volume 1 (Fairy Tales Slashed, #1)
  • Fairytales Slashed 2
  • Fairytales Slashed 3
  • Fairytales Slashed Volume 5 (Fairytales Slashed, #5)
  • Fairytales Slashed Volume 6