Start by marking “Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2)” as Want to Read:
Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2)

Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno #2)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  100,755 Ratings  ·  3,537 Reviews
Professor Gabriel Emerson has embarked on a passionate, yet clandestine affair with his former student, Julia Mitchell. Sequestered on a romantic holiday in Italy, he tutors her in the sensual delights of the body and the raptures of sex. But when they return, their happiness is threatened by conspiring students, academic politics, and a jealous ex-lover. When Gabriel is c ...more
Published May 22nd 2012 by Penguin Berkley (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Gabriel's Rapture, please sign up.
Sandy
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kolleen No, you HAVE to read Gabriel's Inferno first. It's the beginging of the journey and lays the foundation for book 2. Without reading it you won't be…moreNo, you HAVE to read Gabriel's Inferno first. It's the beginging of the journey and lays the foundation for book 2. Without reading it you won't be able to appreciate the relationship between Gabriel and Julia and what they are fighting for.(less)

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
*4 Stars*

A very enjoyable sequel to one of my favorite romance stories!
Rapture is filled with the angst and longing between lovers who've been unfairly torn apart. Its storytelling is elegantly seductive and powerfully poetic. This series is a truly refreshing and classic representation of forbidden love in its sweetest state. Will review properly at a later date. For now...on to Redemption!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Book Stats:
▪ Genre/Category: Contemporary Romance
▪ Steam Caliber: Maximum and generous
▪ Romance: Sweet
Christy
5 Sticky Leaf Stars!!!

photo 504b8f7b-d85e-47fd-8ed5-3faad993dfb8_zps7affc661.jpg
“She is not my equal; she is my better. She is my sticky little leaf.”
Just like the first book, this one was better the second time around! What is there not to love about Professor Gabriel Emerson??? Gabriel’s Rapture picks up right were Gabriel Inferno leaves off. Gabriel and Julia are happy, in Italy and in love. When they return back to Toronto, there are things that come up that make things much more difficult for the pair.

photo e330f941-4ed1-4648-9bcd-7af8eceab3a5_zps226e1c2f.jpg

Nothing can keep these two apart.

photo 37b82e02-e74b-4a50-b62b-6461ceb5562b_zps224984f0.jpg

So be
Pearl Angeli
description

"I wandered in the darkness looking for something better, something real. I found you, and I'll be damned if I'm going to lose you."

4 Stars!

The angst and drama in Gabriel's Rapture amazed me. In this sequel, we get to experience Gabriel and Julia's relationship in a much deeper level. The book picked up where Gabriel's Inferno left off. Everything seemed perfect when it comes to Gabriel and Julia's relationship but unexpected situations suddenly came out which led their relationship to a d
Sylvia
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 - I liked Julia much better this time around. :)
Lisa
Shelves: loved
I am so glad that Mr. Reynard was nice enough to give me a copy of this a week before it’s release so I good devour it before going into the hospital. I waited for its release for months and let me tell you I was not one bit disappointed by it. I could write pages just on my favorite quotes; the writing is superb and extremely sexy without having to be erotic!

The book starts out the morning after their first love-making experience in Italy that occurred at the end of Gabriel’s Inferno. I loved t
Lucia
My Julia and Gabriel:

Wow, Sylvain Reynard did not disappoint! This sequel is at least as good as Gabriel's Inferno. The book is full of thoughtful ideas about life, sin, forgiveness and love. In Gabriel's Rapture, the author connected love and sex in most beautiful way and the way he sees marriage is absolutely wonderful. The book has a very substantial effect on me. It made me cry and it made me think a lot about the life. I don't remember feeling such a strong compassion for main characters as
Geo Marcovici
Oct 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
A very good book in my opinion , and I believe that my review says everything! A pleasure reading this book!
Recenzia mea completa o găsiți aici:
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ReynardGabriels2TitebySueBee_zps041a4ad6.jpg
 photo Gabrielsbysb_zps3bdff9b8.gif
★★★★★! Gabriel’s Rapture, book 2 of 3. Professor Gabriel Emerson’s courtly seduction of his chaste student Julia!

“You’re the closest thing to an angel I’ll ever touch.”

Books in Gabriel’s Inferno trilogy should be read in order:
Book 1: Gabriel’s Inferno
Book 2: Gabriel’s Rapture
Book 3: Gabriel’s Redemption

Rich on symbolism, depth, history and divine message the Gabriel’s Inferno trilogy is set against the backdrop of Dante’s Devine Comedy. The ingenuity of using Dante’s journey in professo
Ramona
Sep 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
" Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no, it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wand'ring bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken."
(Sonnet 116)”- William Shakespeare, Shakespeare's Sonnets

description

I am truly devoted to this series and to Sylvain's penmanship. God, you can feel how dedicated he was in every aspect of this book, from the plot, to the characters and other details
Jill
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it

This was the joy that the world sought - sacred and pagan all at once. A union between two dissimilars into a seamless one.

Julianne and Gabriel are together at last. Holidaying in Italy, Gabriel is lovingly guiding Julianne into the pleasures and intimacies of a sexual relationship. She proves an apt student. But with their return to the university, both Gabriel and Julianne are caught up in the administration's investigations into misconduct and inappropriate behaviour between staff and student
Aly is so frigging bored
Buddy read with Maru

Gave up at the 30% mark. Review for books 1 and 2.
The 2*(actually 1.5*) are for the hotness on Gabriel(I am very shallow) and for the movie references

Rant starts here:
I can't keep reading this book, it's nicely written(just not for me) and researched but it smacks too much of a low budget soap-opera. He said-she said behavior are getting on my nerves and all those people conspiring to keep them apart or to break them up were too way over the top.

Gabriel really is a big A-hole
K
5 Sticky Little Leaf Stars!

“When you love something, you don't see its flaws.”

Quoting Julia here, my thoughts for this sequel can be summed up in just 6 short words: 'Professor Gabriel “Overprotective” Emerson strikes again'. Just like I said after finishing the first book, this one was better the second time around as well!

"Your love makes me beautiful."
"Then let me love you forever."

Gabriel’s Rapture picks up right where Gabriel's Inferno left off. Gabriel and Julia are happy, in Italy
Kate ♥
Aug 25, 2017 rated it liked it
3 Stars

I feel so conflicted about this book.
The beginning 40% of the book was boring as hell and I felt as if I was forcing myself to keep reading. There were wayyyy to many religious references and conversations going on and it made me sorta uncomfortable (because religion is not something I like to read about).
Once the disciplinary trial occurred I was hooked and couldn't put the book down! It went from extremely mind-numbing boring to angsty and drama-filled! There was absolutely no transitio
Shurrn
Behold! A snarky review by a sorely disappointed reader...
Is this a curse of the sequel? Or is it possibly the product of an Author who was given an offer he couldn't refuse to produce a followup to an amazing book? I (still) love Gabriel's Inferno (you can read my review for that book HERE) but I am overwhelmingly disappointed by this follow up.

((Some Explicit Language... Be Warned...))

This was a re-read for me... That's right, I read it TWICE...
I don't remember being so dissatisfied with it w
Serendipitous
(Warning: Spoilers ahead!)

There’s a longstanding belief that sequels don’t live up to the original, “The Godfather Part II” notwithstanding. That makes it all the more pleasurable to read “Gabriel’s Rapture,” because the book disproves that axiom so thoroughly. It takes the superb groundwork set in the first book, “Gabriel’s Inferno,” and builds upon it to give the reader a rich and rewarding continuation of Gabriel and Julia’s story.

We meet up with the couple where we left them at the end of
Natalie
Dec 11, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Shelves: 3-stars
★★★★ ! Gabriel's rapture, book 2. The Professor and his beautiful student's forbidden and dangerous love affair continues in this poetic and profound sequel to Gabriel's Inferno.

It really is crazy how much I love and this series. I find myself wanting to re-read these two book at least once a year. I think that this time make it the fourth time in total I have devoured this book. I dont think I have re-read any book that many times. And every time, they get better. Crazy, I tell you. For me, Sy
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
Gabriel and Julia are off to Italy thinking they can finally be alone and get away from everything but sadly it's a small world.

We get a lot of answers in this book which made me really happy. Surprisingly, we even get some chapters from Christa's POV and what her reasonings are. Unfortunately, we know where things are going with her.

And this leads to the huge drama that there was just no escaping. It was interesting how things were handled but I was surprised/not surprised at what Gabriel did.
Carmen de la Rosa
No puedo describir todos los sentimientos que me causo este libro. Y tengo una encrucijada conmigo misma ya que no logro decidir si este libro es mejor que el primero, ya que este me rompió el corazón.

Fue un libro tan intenso que no podía parar de leerlo hasta que muchas cosas se resolvieran. A mitad de la historia tenia el corazón en un hilo, creo que ha sido de los libros que más me ha provocado sensaciones, entre ellas la tristeza.

En el libro anterior la historia siempre fue evolutiva y en es
Richa
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you...

"I breathe you," he whispered. "You're everything. You're the air."

Could he be more romantic?

"I want to be your first and your last. I love you, Julianne. I offer you my heart and my life......Say you'll be mine. Forever."

Oh yes.....*ahem ahem* So yup, he can be.......

Gabriel's Inferno ended with Gabriel and Julia makin love for the first time. He introduces her to the pleasures of love making and she introduces him
нυgѕαи∂¢σσкιєѕ
Jul 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
I will post my review when I get around to reading the last book, since I'm doing a reread.

However,I'm just going to say *oh my ovaries* how can you not love Professor Gabriel Emerson, he just keeps growing more and more on me.
Catarina
4 Passionate Stars!

description

In this second book Julia and Gabriel’s story continues, and this time they will have to fight everything.
Since people in their past that are decided to not let them be together to a “anonymous” complaint about their forbidden relationship that will put them both in trouble in their academic and professional life. This are not looking pretty for them.

description

But the most difficult thing they’ll have to overcome is themselves, their pasts and their ghosts.
And eventually… all that i
Lovmebaby1
Oct 30, 2012 rated it did not like it

Horrible. Just horrible. I have a very high tolerance for fluffy books, predictable books, cheesy books etc. I only say this to stress what an easy book rater I am. In fact, I don't think I have given a book one star before. I rolled my eyes so much during this story I had to take medication for the pain.

Julia's naïveté and stupidity in this book overshadows any possible saving grace the story may have had. That paired with the constant attempts at *fishing for compliments* or constantly beatin
Amy (Foxy)
I read this book in August of 2012 and just re-read it in preparation for book 3 which will be released on December 3rd. It’s just as good the second time around. I love Gabriel's swoon worthy moments.
My Dearest Julianne,
Thank you for your immeasurable gift.
The only thing I have of value is my heart.
It’s yours,
Gabriel.

description
"I want to be your first and your last. I offer you my heart and my life."

December 3rd, I'm ready for you. BRING IT ON

SERIES:
Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1) by Sylvain Reynard Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2) by Sylvain Reynard Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3) by Sylvain Reynard
No cliffhanger. Continuing story.

195th b
Z
Jun 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
I feel bad leaving a negative review as my first review, but this book annoyed be so much I had to get it out.

The only reason I finished the book was because I need to know the end of something once I have started it, no matter how bad it is. I found myself skipping loads after awhile, just to rush to the end so I could get it over and done with. I read both books together and the first one was by far better.

I couldnt get over the level of cheese in this book, if they werent having stupid figh
Morgan
May 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, 5-stars

Gabriel's Rapture, the sequel to Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard, was absolutely brilliant. Written by an author with a fresh and passionate voice, Gabriel's Rapture was a beautiful, artistic novel that explores "suffering, sex, love, faith, and redemption". Gabriel's Inferno intertwined Julia and Gabriel's past with their present, but Gabriel's Rapture took things a step further and intertwined Julia and Gab
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
May 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: AMY J
Quick review:

Cover:Still Cute
Rating: NC-17
Steaminess Scorching
Overall: Better than the first by far.
Characters: Awesomeness
Plot: When you love someone, you let them go.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.???? (Series ender?)
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Gabriel

SUMMARY (60 words or less)

Gabriel showed us what love is and Julia grew a backbone. There was some predictability but I loved reading it all unfold. I read the first book back in Nov 11, so I didn’t remember much. Yet, as I re
Sissy's Romance Book Review
'Gabriel's Rapture' by Sylvain Reynard is book two in the "Gabriel's Inferno" series. This continues the story of Gabriel and Julia. Some people might be able to read this as a standalone book...it can be done but I really think you should read the previous book 'Gabriel's Inferno' that started their love story. This book does catch you up on some of what happened it the last book but I personally like reading this series in order.
We find that Gabriel and Julia are away on their trip which also
Virginia
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book one started of slow, introduced the characters. Book two I couldnt put it down. It was drama after drama, I loved it. I think as far as "love" story goes this is the best so far. Professor Emerson is so in love with Julia you can feel the emotions. At the end of the book I was on cloud nine.. Really good book.
Emily ~Social Butterfly PR~
May 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Intense, heart-breaking and emotional. Their love, compassion and trust is something people dream of achieving in life. This is a story that will forever be close to my heart.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
3.75-4 Stars :)

My beautiful sticky little leaf...

Alright, as far as writing this review, I really don’t know what to say. I love Sylvain Reynard’s writing and totally in love with Gabriel’s Inferno. I love it, I love it, I love it. It’s one of my all-time favorite stories off all time. With that said, I had severely high expectations on the sequel and maybe that's why I didn’t love this sequel as much as I expected to. I liked it, but didn’t love it.

The obvious positive in this sequel is that w
SRFansPortugal: #2 O Êxtase de Gabriel 1 1 Mar 17, 2017 06:18PM
Please refresh my memory. *SPOILER* if you have not read the book 7 99 Jul 23, 2014 11:14AM
The Happy Housewi...: Gabriel's Rapture (Gabriel's Inferno, #2) 4 15 Mar 25, 2014 01:31PM
Last Sex Scene in Rapture Question 20 471 Feb 15, 2014 07:39AM
Buddy Read Zone: Gabriel's Rapture 38 39 Dec 01, 2013 04:51PM
Gabriel's Inferno...: Group re-read of Gabriel's Rapture 18 77 Nov 24, 2013 09:09PM
Gabriel's Inferno...: Pictures from Gabriel's Rapture 19 244 May 21, 2013 01:51PM
  • Love Unrehearsed (Love, #2)
  • Don't Forget to Remember Me (The Remembrance Trilogy, #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
  • Down to You (The Bad Boys, #1)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • The Angel (The Original Sinners, #2)
  • Avoiding Commitment (Avoiding, #1)
  • All In (The Blackstone Affair, #2)
  • Honor and Obey (Honor, #3)
  • Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #1)
  • Love Left Behind
  • Futures and Frosting (Chocolate Lovers, #2)
  • Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3)
  • This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
  • Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)
  • Insufferable Proximity (Insufferable Proximity, #1)
  • Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4)
My New York Times Best Selling Gabriel Series has been optioned for film by PassionFlix. You can read the announcement here: http://sylvainreynard.com/film-series...

Huffington Post Books ranked "Gabriel's Inferno" as the best teacher/student romance novel. Currently, I'm writing the fourth novel in the series. More details will be announced soon.

My latest book, "The Man in the Black Suit, (#TMitBS
More about Sylvain Reynard

Gabriel's Inferno (3 books)
  • Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1)
  • Gabriel's Redemption (Gabriel's Inferno, #3)
“Love is doing a kindness for someone else, not expecting to receive anything in return.” 352 likes
“She is not my equal; she is my better. She is my sticky little leaf.” 288 likes