Start by marking “Flesh Eaters” as Want to Read:
Flesh Eaters

Read Book

Flesh Eaters

It's a human eat human world out there. Can Adrienne protect herself and the young boy she befriends from both the dead and the living?

Awaking from an apparent fugue to find herself in a world populated by the undead, Adrienne quickly learns that, in order to survive, one must eat the dead -- before they eat you. Embarking on a hunt for survival and meaning, Adrienne stru
Nook, 188 pages
Published March 18th 2012 by Rhapsody in Lime Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Flesh Eaters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flesh Eaters

Kayla Eklund
Flesh Eaters was an interesting zombie novel. It was different than any other zombie novel I have read. If you are squeamish or don't like books about cannibalism, I don't recommend picking it up. However, for the hardcore zombie fan, I think this will be a great addition to your collection.

The plot of Flesh Eaters was wonderfully written. I ended up devouring the book in one sitting, which is easy to do because it's not very long. It's still unusual for something to hold my attention that long
Danilo DiPietro
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Proxy for Book VIII, The Lestrygonians, of Joyce’s ULYSSES. Great description of gluttony. We see Bloom as an empathetic man (Mrs. Purefoy, the blind man). Bloom is haunted by the death of Rudy, his son, and the imminent liaison between Molly and Blazes Boylan.
Dale Pearl
May 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Bizarre, disturbing, unique, grotesque, haunting all come to mind with this one. Not sure if I liked the story or not,however, it disturbed me enough to stay with me long after the reading part was done. That I believe is the greatest compliment that I can give to any writer.
The story breaks apart in places. for example, the immediacy to get to the point of eating zombie flesh when 1) a person has at least a couple of weeks of starvation in them before human flesh would be considered a sane opti
Julissa
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, own
Definitely a dark and disturbing read, this story grabbed me and didn't let go until the very end. That bleak, hopeless feeling crept in and (I suspect) will remain with me for a while. I was intrigued by the main character, Adrienne, and really wish we would have known more about her past life and how she ended up in Britain.

Adrienne wakes up to a post-apocalyptic world full of zombies and the rare living person, also trying to survive at all costs.I could feel her anguish and conflicting feel
Jaime
Jul 17, 2012 rated it liked it

This was a good read, definately kept my attention. The message in the ending was very strong, Adrienne's words were very moving. It makes you see life and human beings in a very different light. Over-all seems like your typical zombie apocalypse story, but it was moving and brought out many emotions during the read.
Richard Berry
Jan 05, 2018
Darren
Oct 17, 2012
Alisha
May 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: zombies
BlushedBindings
May 27, 2013
Dana
Jun 05, 2013
Alisha Adkins is a native of New Orleans and has also lived in Dallas, San Francisco, and Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan. She holds a B.A. in history and a Masters in education from the University of New Orleans. After working as a high school English and history teacher for ten years, she eventually escaped, and now works as an educational consultant for a major publishing company.
Written in 1998, F