Start by marking “Clamcake Summer: One Man Eats Every Clamcake in Rhode Island (Or Dies Frying)” as Want to Read:
Clamcake Summer: One Man Eats Every Clamcake in Rhode Island (Or Dies Frying)

Clamcake Summer: One Man Eats Every Clamcake in Rhode Island (Or Dies Frying)

3.38  ·  Rating details ·  34 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Clamcake Summer is the story of one man's attempt to eat every clamcake in Rhode Island in one summer (or die frying). It is a funny, informative and voracious story of marathon eating and the seashore foods we crave, and of the joys and traditions of summer in New England. This is the first book entirely dedicated to the clamcake. A blend of memoir and history, Clamcake S ...more
Published April 5th 2012 by Fry Pots Publishing (first published March 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Clamcake Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clamcake Summer

Bonnie Felingiere
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved the book. For me it brought back so many wonderful memories. I grew up at Rocky point and had my share of clamcakes and chowder. Several of the places in this book I have been to but nothing will top Rocky Point. I worked there many years ago with David and I still miss the shore dinner hall.
Hikes in Rain
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quirky and fun. Not sure why this fascinated me so much, but I found this book to be funny, informative and made me hungry. One of those unsung little gems of literature.
Eileen
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I dared to read this in landlocked Colorado, 2000 miles from the nearest clam cake, but it made me dash out to get the next best thing, a lobster roll. A very fun, quick and informative read. Next trip I'll have to try the clam cakes at George's. My favorite has always been Jimmy's Port Side, but then the author is undoubtedly right, everyone's favorite is simply the place they've always gone, and you can't get closer to the BI ferry than the Port Side. I just wonder if there is a definitive spe ...more
Susan
May 21, 2012 rated it liked it
What a fun little book to get me in the mood for summer. Perfect beach reading, especially if you're in Rhode Island. I now know what a clamcake is, and will be on the lookout for them if I ever get to Rhode Island!

Note: This book was received for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Jasana
May 27, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
*Won on Goodreads First Reads*

I had never read a memoir before this, so it was interesting to read it. I don't remember what I was expecting, but this was fun! Short and a very enjoyable read.
Ande
Jun 11, 2012 rated it did not like it
This was really disappointing, and it sounded like so much fun at first. It was really very randomly organized and didn’t talk much about clam cakes. I did learn about the origin of May breakfast in RI. It’s a good idea though. Maybe I should try it and write about the adventure it could be.
Alice Honey
Jun 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Very light reading with everything you ever wanted to know about the clam cake! Funny with lots of substance.
Nancy A.
Sharon Davidson
Sep 14, 2015
Karen
May 30, 2013
David Norton Stone is a graduate of Bishop Hendricken High School, Yale University, Navy Officer Candidate School and the University of Connecticut School of Law. He lives in Warwick, Rhode Island. He is the author of Trial of Honor: A Novel of a Court-Martial and Clamcake Summer: One Man Eats Every Clamcake in Rhode Island (Or Dies Frying).
More about David Norton Stone...