Start by marking “Sengoku Basara Samurai Legends, (Volume 1)” as Want to Read:
Sengoku Basara Samurai Legends, (Volume 1)

Sengoku Basara Samurai Legends, (Volume 1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  47 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
During the Sengoku era of feudal Japan, mighty samurai armies battle all across the land of the rising sun. The sudden murder of the powerful lord Nobunaga has sparked a mad dash for power. Warlords from every kingdom have charged their soldiers into combat, each hoping to enact their own personal vision for the future of Japan.
Paperback
Published February 2012 by Udon Entertainment Corp

To ask other readers questions about Sengoku Basara Samurai Legends,, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sengoku Basara Samurai Legends,

Carter Peterson Antin
It was ok... It felt too short and a little bland. It had great artwork, but at a lot of times it was a little hard to depict what I was seeing. The characters felt a little hollow, and the action felt underwhelming. And the whole story was a little hard to follow, but at the same time, too plain. I dunno, aside from that it was ok.
Mrs Giggles
Dec 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Turning Japanese historical figures into martial artists and swordsmen with near-superhuman powers is not a new concept by any means, but the Capcom video game Sengoku Basara and its subsequent sequels take things to crazy new heights. In those games, Oda Nobunaga is basically a demonic entity, Honda Tadakatsu is a giant robot wielding a huge drill, Toyotomi Hideyoshi looks and fights like an anime villain with superhuman strength, and more. Historical anachronism on crack is the name of the gam ...more
Brandon
Feb 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of the Samurai Warriors series by Koei. I recently stumbled upon this manga when there was a sale on Rightstuf for the publisher Udon. I bought both volumes.
I really liked this series! It's a tad different from the SW series cuz this series is based off Sengoku Basara series made by Capcom. I have not played the series but I do know most of the characters.
This series follows the characters Keiji Maeda, Yukimura Sanda, and Masamune Date.
It shows Masamune's campaign for taking o
Sophie
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I may admit to a certain bias due to my *cough* enthusiasm for the game and the story, this really was a genuinely enjoyable manga with good and fitting art. Ever since discovering the game, I've been complaining that I want to read more about that time period, that I just want more and why isn't there anything? This book took care of that wish, although I want to read more and I hope there'll be another volume.

I don't know how much sense it makes to people unfamiliar with the game or the
Adriana
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This manga is the tale of the Warring States period of Japan’s history and it reads like an action packed history book. There are battle names and locations galore (which confused me a bit but I’m guessing would be obvious to Japanese readers) and all the major characters of the era make an appearance. If you’ve ever watched a classic samurai movie or read anything set in that time period, then you’re familiar with at least the character’s names.
Kind of like an old school samurai movie where al
Stacy
Mar 09, 2013 added it
Shelves: 2013
I work for the publisher, so I don't feel comfortable giving this a star rating, but it's one of my favorite manga which we've published recently! The focus is on interpersonal relationships and the nuances of historical Japanese warfare, but the complexity of both topics is well-handled by the author.
Rizki Andriadi
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-and-japan
A great way to remember the historical figures of the past. Even though sometimes a bit too far on the powers, but it still gives an awesome thrilling to each action. The storyline and events that happens may sometimes inaccurate to the real history. The series has its own plot and storyline. Which is quite good and exciting. That's why i gave it a 5 star rating.
Olivia
May 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This is my favorite manga as of late! I love the anime too! The story is interesting and I believe based on actual historical people of Japan. Also the art is beautiful and I am a big fan of beautiful art that contains beautiful men! The fighting scenes are beautiful and it just all around great for me! I totally recommend this to anime fans and just art loves in general!
Keiran Thegreat
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Both the artwork and story are excellent, but I found they led an unreal and fantastical aspect to a manga about historical figures.
Worth getting for the beautiful artwork alone. A good manga with a lot to enjoy.
Niche