Start by marking “Legacy (The Mystic Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legacy (The Mystic Saga, #2)

Legacy

(The Mystic Saga #2)

Published April 27th 2012 by Superluminal

To ask other readers questions about Legacy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legacy

Kat Shriver
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
A few random typos but otherwise a thoroughly enjoyable story. The Mystic Saga is up there with Battlestar Galactica as one of my favorite sci-fi mythologies. I'd love to see Joss Whedon make it into a TV series.
Michael
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
To start off this review, if you haven't read the first novella in the series, Indentured, I would recommend you read it prior to picking this one up: while this novella could stand on its own, it will make a lot more sense as book one plugs the background information.

Similar to the first in the series, this is a short and fun little novella. I will tell you I was a little disappointed there wasn't a continuation of the characters from book one, but what you have here is a real continuation of t
James Groenestein
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, kindle, action
Another fantastic installment from this series.

I got a little lost in the beginning as the pov changed to completely new characters and settings, but I within a few pages I was back in the thick of it!!

Now on to part 3....
Norm Davis
May 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Science fiction fans.
Recommended to Norm by: Extension [prequel] of Ice and Fire series
Legacy, Scott McElhaney [The Mystic Saga #2]

Ok, scorn coming towards the author. It starts in a fashion somewhat familiar and possibly linked to the previous offering, Indenture. I don't know what to call it... perhaps a hybrid prologue? The “1” “Braxton” “Blaze continent” chapter which has infinitely more content meaning than anyone could be expected to grasp. Then “Cortalilly patch...”, really? Not in any dictionary anywhere. After giving up and restarting to read I run into several other 'sur
Kathy
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Sequel!

I recommend you read the previous book in the series (Indentured) prior to reading this book.

I was expecting this sequel to grant me some much needed answers to questions I have concerning the first book. To my chagrin, the plot thickens and what's more, I am left with more additional questions than answers.

The story takes up right where the last book leaves off and has a completely unexpected fresh approach. This story keeps you guessing and every nook and cranny of the plot is
Adam
May 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I loved the first part of this book. It's a complete departure Indentured, no recurring characters. But the first half of this book was great!

The second half lost me a little though. It felt like the ending was rushed and too quickly thrown together. However, I still really enjoyed this book, and the world that McElhaney has built, I just wish that in the next book we could take our time getting to the end, and enjoy it. It felt like a hectic rush to finish.

I did enjoy this book.
Scott Wozniak
Feb 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This sequel is in the same world as the first book, but doesn't follow the same characters. It's enough of a departure that it took a bit to catch up. And the first large section of the book didn't have the same discovery and surprise that the first book did. But just when I worried the book took off. The ending on this one was much better. But note that this book doesn't truly end. It's a total cliffhanger, setting up the next book in the series. Fun read.
Nathan Hurst
May 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: science-fiction
Better. A more coherent story and characters that you could engage with. I enjoyed the presentation style of this story, flipping as it did between characters and historical back story. The time travel angle does move the plot all over time but so far its not left me to cold as other time travel stories do.

Now reading Violation.

Arturo
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fearless and amazing :) Scott introduces mind-blowing sci-fi concepts without a flinch or pause, taking you along in a crazy but highly enjoyable ride along light years, centuries and a stream of characters without becoming overwhelming or dull. Quite an interesting combination. The next books of the series are also all really imaginative and great.
James
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Another great easy read that was very different from the first but also twisting. I quite like the pacing of these books although it does accelerate to light speed towards the end, but great nonetheless.
B K
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
I like this a little better than the first. Wish I had read all three of the first books in a row. Characters don't necessarily go together between the books, but the story does carry on. Can't wait to read Violation!
Chad
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
While being a sequel to Indentured, it has a new feel, with new characters. Legacy does indeed get a little better than Indentured, and I am started to really feel where he is going with the Mystic Saga. Good job Scott.
Chad Dotson
Jun 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting 2nd book to the series. It kinda began a separate storyline from the 1st book. I'm curious if the 3rd book is going to tie the two together.
Albert Ririe
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
great had me wanting more had to go buy the other books darn you
Joshua
Jul 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Gah, another great one. Really changed the mood and overall plot of the story, but kept me on my toes. Lots of fun to read, and Scott's good story telling really keeps you interested.
Gary Proctor
Jul 12, 2012 rated it liked it
A fairly quick read and an interesting book, but I was not completly happy with the ending and have not yet decided to pick up the next in the series.
Joe Oligny
Aug 22, 2014
Joanne Jacobs
Jun 09, 2014

• A Larger Universe
  • Crown of Ash (Blood Skies, #4)
  • Gabriel's Redemption
  • Moon Mask
  • Diary of the Displaced - Omnibus (Books 1-3)
  • The God Killers
  • Balance of Fate (Delver Magic, #3)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
  • Reversion: The Inevitable Horror (The Portal Arcane Series, #1)
  • Autobiography of a Werewolf Hunter (Autobiography of a Werewolf Hunter Book 1)
  • Inhuman
  • Intoxicating Magic (Crescent City Fae, #3)
  • Vampire Apocalypse: A World Torn Asunder
  • Far From Home: The Complete Second Series (Far From Home #13-15)
  • The Goddess of Dance (The Spirits of the Ancient Sands #2)
  • The Sands of Karathi (Lacuna #2)
  • The Seeds of New Earth (The Silent Earth, #2)
  • Judgment (Alien Invasion #5)
Scott's first novel, Mommy's Choice, was originally published in paperback under the pseudonym Scott Curtis. In under a year on the bookshelves, that novel won the National Christian Choice Book Award for romantic suspense. When Scott moved to a different publisher and started making his novels available to Kindle readers, he returned to his real name and reduced the prices to the absolute minimum ...more

The Mystic Saga (5 books)
  • Indentured (The Mystic Saga, #1)
  • Violation (The Mystic Saga #3)
  • Judgment (The Mystic Saga)
  • Convergence (Mystic Saga Book 5)