Start by marking “Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)” as Want to Read:
Pure Healing (Pure/ Dark Ones #1)

Pure Healing

(Pure/ Dark Ones #1)

In the world of Pure Ones, where sexual intercourse with anyone other than one’s Eternal Mate leads to a slow, painful death within thirty days, love comes with the warning label “fall at your own peril”…

Rain: the Healer

From the first time she beheld him, she yearned to sooth his pain and torment and nurtured a secret, selfish desire – to have him for her very own…

Valeri
Published May 4th 2012 by Amazon Kindle

Princess under cover
There's only so long I can hold off finishing this book, because my head is already deep into Book 2!!! And because this book tees up so many different threads, my head has also dived in books 6.5 and 7 - SETH!! I'm coming for you!!

People, GET OUT THERE AND GET THIS SERIES - I promise you won't regret it. It's just sooooo addictive - and you know what - no pain no gain. It's complex, it's mesmerizing, it's NOT EASY! Enter this world at your own risk, but ENTER. I'm now salivating (have been sin
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Now that I figured out how to link my kindle notes, I can track everything that goes on in this book so much better! And boy! A LOT FREAKIN GOES ON@!! I love it!! Makes me want to dive right into the next book! This series just pulls u in and doesn’t let go!

description

It was slower for me this time around, prob because I'm so used to the accelerated pace of the books starting from 30% of the way through book 2. This series flies! And because this one is also longer, to lay all the world-building foundation
Penny
Actual rating: 2.5 stars

I can see the appeal for this story. I can see why so many people loved this book. But I didn't feel it.

This book has many different characters perspectives being told. We have the two main characters from whom we get the romance (Rain and Valerius), we have another main-ish character that seems to be an important one (Sophia), and then we have many others. Sometimes, I can find this technique interesting and productive, like I do with the Black Dagger Brotherhood books.
Gavin
Oct 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: paranormal
My feelings for this PNR are a little all over the place. I really liked some of the stuff we got but the flaws held me back from truly being able to get lost in the story.

The basic premise of the story leaned heavily on a PNR trope I hate. Pure Ones, basically just vampires with a superpower added into the mix who protect humanity from evil vampires, are only able to have sex with their Eternal Mate. If they break that rule it is death within 30 days! I do hate the old magic bonding trope with
MG
I'm a big fan of Christine Feehan's Dark Series, and this reminds me a lot of that. I always find it interesting to discover different authors' takes on similar folklore concepts, especially in the supernatural realm with respect to Vampires/Immortals. I liked the concept of this book and where Ms. James took it, especially with the depth she was able to achieve in terms of the MCs and their back stories. I like the complexity she achieved without getting long-winded or "over-explaining" things ...more
Jen
*** 3.5 Stars!!!***

This is going to be be an interesting series! I did find this first book to be a lot of information to be taken in at times... plus there are many POV’s which was distracting at times; but once I got the characters figured out, I enjoyed it more.
I have got to get some sleep, but will try to do a review when I can keep my eyes open! Lol!
Mamacita wants a Bedtime Story

5 Eternal Healing Stars

This. BOOK...

The world building...

The characters (and there are alot of them) ...

Would I Recommend this book...

What did you first think about this author when starting this book?

Did I Absolutely Love the start of this new series??

*Trigger Warning ~ Dark content contains flashback scenes detailing rape & abuse

Favorite Quotes...

Oh she knew she was playing with fire, but how delicious was the burn.

“And when a Pure-male falls in love, hell, when any male falls in lo
Silvia Drascall
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav, re-reading
F*cking F*cking LOVE IT... thx so much for sharing your Amazing Universe with us, Mrs. Aja James. One of the best story I've ever read. EVER. You blew my mind with your fascinating, creative and f*cking well written plot... There is nothing boring or monotonus throughout the story...NOTHING...
You know, I'm can't help myself... I just fell in love for your characters... ALL OF THEM - pure ones, dark ones, vampires... blah, blah... Perfect play!!!
Now, my only problem is that I'm addicted and can
chandler ainsley ❁
Jun 18, 2018 marked it as to-read
no, i don't want to read this. but for the poor souls who get spam recommended this book, i will read it. i'll be ur paranormal martyr <3
Alaina
Holy smut gods!

Pure Healing was so freaking good. I'm happy I finally dove into this book because I'm pretty sure I was supposed to read it months ago - sorry buddy! Anyways.. this was such a great start that I can't wait to dive into the second book of this series!

I loved everything and anything about Rain and Valerius. Even thought I first though Rain was a stupid name that maybe a celebrity would name their child (or something). Eventually I fell in love with their instantaneous love because
Candace
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rain and Valerius

Rain is the Healer of the Pure Ones race. The Healer takes a Consort "every ten years to draw strength from his blood and body to heal severe wounds." Valerius is the Protector. He hunts and kills rogue vampires who harm humans. One day Valerius decides to apply to be Rain's Consort. Rain knows Valerius doesn't like to be touched. How can they become a mated couple for thirty days with this lack of intimacy between them?

I found this novel to be intriguing. I have read Christine
Paola
Jun 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal
Sexy paranormal romance, ideal for fans of this genre, this was about a tormented hero and a brave heroin, they both needed each other to heal, but their love is forbidden...
She's a healer and she can't be with the same male for a long period of time, he's a warrior with a terrible past.
Do yourself a favor and read this book!!!
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
3 stars. Very interesting start to a promising series. Everyone knows that when it comes to vampires Ward’s BDB series is the end all be all for me but I definitely see the potential in this series. It’s so different and unique and feels like a a great mixture of classic vampires and modern vampires. The writing was really good and the characters were complex and interesting.

I feel like the second novel and forward is where the series really takes off because this is definitely a set up/world bu
Cécile Smits
WTF did i just read? I need to find my breath....
This was an introduction to a world that doesn’t simply have vampires in it. No,this is a world that has Pure Ones. And Dark Ones. And,yes,they’re different. And they don’t get along,as in at all. Even though they’re two sides of the same coin. This first story introduces the people that live in this world,their background,their place in this world and the people they love.

But the couple this story revolves around? Those 2? Valerius the Protector
AlwaysV
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If the blurb didn't perk up your interest so high that you just had to pick up this book, here's hoping my review might help too. This book was one of the best opening books of any series! The world of the Pure/Dark Ones was intriguing, fresh, compelling, and yes, sensual. The Glossary of Terms might seem daunting. I even wondered if the world would be too complex to enter, to enjoy. That wasn't the case at all. I did need to check out who the Pure Ones and the Dark Ones were, then it was a capt ...more
Bunnycore
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can see why this was compared to JR Ward's BDB, I love me some Brotherhood. This had the same feel for it. I am more trying to get through all of my Freebies but I been seeing this on my feed a lot lately so I thought I would give it a try and I am so glad that I did.

Here is a little hint I love the insta-mate thing but I am such a hopeless romantic it is not even funny. I love the Vampire but not vampire thing I love the angst against love when people start to figure out that they are meant
Debra Johnson
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of Adult Fantasy & Paranormal Romance, Lovers of Adult Mystery & Suspense.
Recommended to Debra by: Star Rivers
Pure Healing by Aja James
Genres; Adult, Fantasy, Mystery, Paranormal, Romance, Suspense.
4.5 Stars

This is a very complex story. A mixture of the old ideas of vampires and goddesses with an original concept of the 'Pure Ones'. The pure ones themselves are layered with mystery. How they came to be and come to be. That may sound confusing, but it is an accurate statement. There is so many different elements and layers to them. What I think is the most fundamental truth of what a pure one is, is thei
« Court (Take the Read) »
Beautifully written, but it wasn't my style. A bit historical-feeling, due to ancient vampires being the main characters, but in a modern Boston. I was intrigued by Sophia and Dalair's storyline but I they're individual story is still unreleased, which is a shame. She was a young Queen of the Pure Ones and talked like a modern person. He, however, had the smoldery protector thing down pat. I'll most likely pick this back up for that release.
The Drowsy Bookworm
Pure Healing is an elegantly written dark fantasy novel about a vampire-like race called the Pure Ones. They’re different from vampires in many ways however; there’s no feeding off humans in dark alleys or anything like that here. The Pure Ones are a more refined group of beings, and the tale of their origin is just one of the many unique elements that add to the book’s world building.

The world building is what I really enjoyed here. Even the ages-old vampires were given an interesting twist tha
D.M.
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pure healing is essentially a vampire true mate read available on Kindle Unlimited. It's aimed at the adult audience.

The Pure Ones are a species similar to vampires. They feed from their mate. They only have sex with their mate or the consequences are high, death within a month. Rain is the exception to the rule. She is a healer and needs strength to do her job. Every ten years she takes a new mate and the time has come for a choice to be made. She has always had an attraction to Valerius but ha
❄️ Patty ☃️
Wow!! I heard from many friends that this was going to be a great book, but had no clue how much I would love it!! I loved the stories of all the characters and the depth of their lives. The glossary in the beginning was a great addition as it allows you to dive right into the book. Though this is in the romance genre, the world building in this book is fantastic and I would consider it more of a fantasy novel than purely PNR. No doubt, I'll continue this series. Aja James has herself a new fan! ...more
Liz
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm really into paranormal romance, but to actually find something new in this genre is almost impossible. And then I found James. She managed to put a whole new spin on immortals and vampires. But what really managed to get to me, is the reversal of roles. Instead of the woman being damaged and having difficulty to open up, it was the male lead.
While reading this book it will be difficult predicting what happens next. Would happily recommend this book if you love paranormal romance that has a r
Kayla
I was struggling between four and three stars because I connected to the story so much but for FUCKS SAKE the smut was so weird and cringey...like how I'd imagine someone in a cult would describe sex... "staff" "nourishment" (gag on that one btw) like heeby jeebies man

Besides that I think if you can move past the SUPER ODD language choices the story itself is really good and I formed a very concerning attachment to all of the characters involved 😂
Neha Singh
Nov 09, 2018 rated it liked it
3.25 stars!

It was an okay read. I really liked the romance between Val and Rain. But the other chapters in between, especially Sophia's, really distracted me from the main plot. Her chapters read too much like teen/YA paranormal romance books, which I usually do not like. I did not like her and the possibility of love triangle (another trope I hate with passion) in her story arc, these things really lessened my enjoyment. It also made me less invested in our main characters. But I really liked o
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
This was an extremely addictive book that I couldn't put down and stayed up way too late to finish reading. I had to finish it in one go. Just had to.

Loved all of the characters in this book. Like others said, there's a bit of a Black Dagger Brotherhood feel to this series, but it is very different and definitely stands on it's own. I also got a bit of a Dark-Hunter feel from it considering the whole rebirth thing, only these guys get to keep their souls whereas Dark-Hunters do not.

I was not ent
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
My rating: 4 out of 5 stars

"You will take me," he said resolutely. "You will accept me into your body."

~Valerius

**Please note, this book was gifted to me by the author**

It isn't often that I suggest a book to a friend before finishing it, let alone long before I even hit 50%. Yet with Pure Healing, I did just that. I will say that early on, I wasnt sure. Sophia, our young Queen rubbed me the wrong way initially. I wasn't sure I could tolerate how juvenile she seemed to be. Thankfully, I was a
Vondetta Carter
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sophie is the Queen and this begins her saga to overcome the Vampire Kingdom and find her Mate. The Healer is a special person loved and worshipped by many but in her time of replenishing that happens very 10 years a candidate with a sordid past steps in to feed her his Nourishment but he has never been intimate with a woman he has chose.
The Vampire kingdom has some sinister characters that plots to take down the Queen and her kingdom by any means necessary.

This story introduces you to key playe
Lučka
3.25*

description
The writing style was weird and gave me a headache. I couldn't connect with anyone as I couldn't tell who's the real main character. The language reminded me of historical romances. Prologue and Epilogue were written in 1st single POV while the rest of the book was in 3rd multiple POV.

You'd think that the main character is the one who narrates Prologue and Epilogue. Right? Well, you are wrong. This character is not even mention in the blurb. I don't get it.

At the very beginning we have 16
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ammp-challange
wow what a great story, unique and in a league of its own.

We are dropped in the middle of a battle between the Pure ones and Vampire - dark ones, all while Rooting for a remarkable couple to recognize each other and attempt to uncover ongoing mysteries about the race itself and the nemesis its facing.

The story starts off slow, giving information gradually leading to more questions but at the same time delving deeper into the real issues and secrets of individuals and the oncoming villain.

I love
Isabelle Morebooksthanlivros
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 STARS, VERY CLOSE TO 5

Paranormal romance with multiple-POV.

First book of a series.

War between the pure ones(sort of a vampire) against the vampires.

Amazing world-built; great characters; beautiful romance!!!

Addictiveness: This was an impossible to let down type of read. I couldn't let go.
Character: hero 5/5, heroine 5/5, secondary characters 5/5, growth 5/5, real 5/5  Wow! All characters are multi-dimensional with amazing storyline. They are easy to love, connect and understa
  • Siren Song
  • Erotic Deception
  • The Devil's Masquerade: The Remedy (The Devil's Eyes, #5)
  • A Deadly Whisper (The Watchers, #1)
  • Seeking Justice
  • Degrees of Wrong
  • Blood Before Sunrise (Shaede Assassin, #2)
  • Haunting Beauty (Mists of Ireland, #1)
  • In The Flesh
  • Seductive Secrecy (Shadows, #2)
  • Indestructible Desire (Savannah, #3)
  • Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)
  • Born to be Bound (Alpha's Claim #1)
  • Her Ex Next Door
  • Visions of Magic (Awakening, #1)
  • Enemy Lover (L.O.S.T #1)
  • Walking On Air (Valance Family, #1)
  • Baby Love (Baby, #2)
Hello readers!

If you like JR Ward, Christine Feehan, Shannon Butcher, Anne Rice, Bram Stoker, as well as epic fantasy authors (George RR Martin comes to mind :)... check out my new series the Pure/ Dark Ones:

Book 1 Pure Healing:

Free excerpt! https://dl.bookfunnel.com/8hym4xhvjd

Book 2 Dark Longing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

Free excerpt! https://dl

Pure/ Dark Ones (8 books)
  • Dark Longing (Pure/ Dark Ones #2)
  • Dark Desires (Pure/ Dark Ones #3)
  • Dark Pleasures (Pure/ Dark Ones #4)
  • Pure Rapture (Pure/ Dark Ones #5)
  • Dark Redemption (Pure/ Dark Ones #6)
  • Pure Awakening (Pure/ Dark Ones 6.5)
  • Pure Ecstasy (Pure/ Dark Ones #7)
“If you want blood, come and get it. If you're here to fuck me, just name your place and position. Otherwise, get out.” 10 likes
“Not for his people, not for the world he protected, but for himself. He wanted to matter. To her.” 9 likes