Start by marking “The Mystery of Banshee Towers (The Five Find-Outers, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of Banshee Towers (The Five Find-Outers, #15)

The Mystery of Banshee Towers

(The Five Find-Outers #15)

Librarian's Note: This ISBN was also used to publish a 3-in-1 collection of Find-Outer series that can be found here

Ern is back visiting Mr Goon, which gives him and the Find-Outers the perfect chance to explore Banshee Towers. But there's more secrets to the towers than the screaming banshees. Fatty, Larry, Daisy, Pip, Bets and Buster the Dog have one last case to solve..
Published September 1996 by Mammoth (first published 1961)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of Banshee Towers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mystery of Banshee Towers

Start your review of The Mystery of Banshee Towers (The Five Find-Outers, #15)
Lady Clementina ffinch-ffarowmore
Findouters challenge: Book 15. The final book of the findouters series, this marks the end of my findouters challenge which I began last October. This one opens a little differently from the rest as while the children are setting out to receive Fatty as usual, this time around he comes by bus rather than train. There is no mystery waiting for Fatty to solve at the start, and as the childrens’ parents want them out of their hair, they suggest the children go on expeditions to different places aro ...more
Kavita
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery, uk, children
The last book of the Five Find-Outers series, The Mystery of Banshee Towers has a slightly different tone. For one thing, Ern figures prominently in this book. He is the person who discovers the mystery and insists that they find the solution. This is also mostly a Fatty show. The others are pretty much in the background, except Ern. The children also seem to be more grown up (probably because they are)!

Long holidays stretch ahead and the children's fathers are already tired of them. So they su
Abigail
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Completists Who Want to Finish the 'Five Find-Outers' Series
The final installment of Enid Blyton's fifteen-book Five Find-Outers and Dog series, in which a group of British schoolchildren spend their holidays playing detective, The Mystery of Banshee Towers sees Fatty, Larry, Daisy, Pip, and Bets involved in a case of art forgery and fraud. When the children, together with their friend Ern Goon, go to nearby Banshee Towers to see an exhibit of sea paintings, they have no idea that they are stepping into a mystery. But when Ern notices a slight change in ...more
Suyash  Gupta
Aug 28, 2015 rated it liked it
ENID BLYTON NEVER GETS BORING!!
Reading an Enid Blyton's novel is like revisiting the childhood days. Every time i delve into Enid Blyton's world,i feel a longing to be one of her characters.Even after having read so many authors,i still feel she is among the most vivid authors i have come across.
Even this recent novel of hers that i read,didn't disappoint me a bit.It was enthralling from the beginning to the end.This is about five kids apparently headed by Fatty,who has recently returned from
Kirsti
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was a book I bought a few months ago and never read before putting it away. I always enjoy stories about Fatty and the others, but I guess I assumed I'd already read this one when I in fact hadn't. I liked how quickly the mystery was wrapped up, and the story behind it all. Ern is a delight, with his Coos and whatnot. Goon is as loveable a bungler as ever. The Mystery of Banshee Towers, like all Enid Blyton books, five stars!
Aman
Dec 10, 2010 added it
i like this book i want read once more !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alex
Dec 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of the series, Enid Blyton fans
A great story (well, all the books in the series are). One of my absolute favourite Enid Blyton stories. Ever.
Vivek Padiyan
May 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The first ever novel that I read. This one sparked my interest in reading fiction. Nothing like a nice warm Enid Blyton novel, when you're in high school!
Ishita
Jun 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Mystery of Banshee Towers was the best novel in all of the five find outer series...worth reading..cheers!!
Fatema Danyal
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
last part
noooooo
i want more
Cynthia Rodrigues
Jun 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Read Full & Detailed review: https://cynthology.blogspot.com/2020/...

The last and only Five Find-Outers book by Enid Blyton I read was when I was 10. Back then, I’d been quite impressed with the book, even more so than her Famous Five and Secret Seven series of books, which tended to display a certain sameness after a while. But I hadn’t managed to lay my hands on the other books in the series. We just didn’t have access to many books then. Very soon I moved on to Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys and l
Lynne
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
The last in the Five Findouters and Dog series and sadly, it seems that dear old Enid has run out of plot. Nothing really happens. Ern is over visiting Goon again, the crew are bored so determine to visit local attractions (they're that type of child) and settle on Banshee Towers as it has a 'great collection of sea art'.

No Fatty in disguise, no real winding up of Goon, nothing really apart from Fatty and Ern decide to investigate a painting that seems to have a small boat in it one day, and no
Jenny Cooper
Jun 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
I read this as an adult, over 50 years after my obsession with "all things Enid Blyton" and it was fascinating to see the book through an adult's eyes. It was a lot shorter than I remembered and achieved the size of a normal paperback only because of a large font and double spacing between lines. There was also a lot of moral instruction built into the story, with children being encouraged to respect their elders, be kind each other etc. Also, and somewhat bizarrely there is the occasional use o ...more
Nadette Xuereb
Jan 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A brilliant end to a wonderful series!

Okay, the mystery was a bit weird, but I really enjoyed this. I loved going back in time and reading all these books. I will surely miss this. These books are classics and I will surely go back to them one day.

Enid Blyton is amazing.
Natasha ⚡️
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I will miss reading these, I really wish there was more. I would of love to have read when Fatty was older and joined Inspector Jenks.
Catherine Ryan
Oct 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet another enjoyable Blyton mystery
Shameen
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Curiousity and childhood times... Lovely
Aastha Oza
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you are a beginner (for 10 to 14 years age group) and are confused about which author's books to start with, Enid Blyton is definitely a good choice.
Mariyum Patel
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is wonderful. A great read and a fantastic , realistic ending.
Beth
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
I am sad to get to the end of this series again. These are truly some of my childhood memory books and I will probably read them again in my life at some point!
Leena Altaf
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One thing you have to do when you read the book is concentrate, because it is very hard to understand the story otherwise. It is sad that this is the last book of the series, but it can’t be helped.
Shaambhavi Pathak
"What's happening now? How is it something always happens when that fat boy is about?", he grunts. "Pooh, what a smell of mint. One of these days, Master Frederick Trotteville, I'll get the better of you! You see if I don't!"

I always get nostalgic when I read Ms. Blyton's books. Her books make me transcend into my childhood days and the beautiful, fragrant memories I grew up with. I remember, I used to sit outside on the cot during winter holidays and read her books. Sadly, here in India,
Rohan
Oct 15, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: mystery lovers
A nice book but was of lower standard than the fine normal standard enid blyton has.I would recommend this book to 10-12 year olds.It does not have the same gripping action as the hardy boys has but it has more of thinking and new tricks in it.
Shashank Sm
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whenever you get bored or out of books 'ENID BLYTON' is the best author to keep ourselves thrilled no matter how old you might be but you just cant stop reading,loving the 'FIVE FIND-OUTERS AND THE DOG."AS USUAL FATTY IS AT HIS BEST.
Jake Collins
May 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This seems more like an extremely watered down Famous Five adventure than a Find-Outers mystery. The characterisation is poor, the pace is too slow and the plot is weak. As with other Blyton books from the '60s, this one is inglorious, verging on unreadable.
Heriyani
Oct 01, 2007 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: read
Recommended to Heriyani by: My sister
I like it... adventures but funny
adisti
Nov 12, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
there is too much secret in this bad world
Astha Agrawal
this bookm is too good!!!!
Eunice
Aug 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Why are there 'Famous Five' but also 'Five Find-Outers'? Hell I don't even remember this series being called the 'Find-outers' when I first read it. I iz confused.
Kkushal98
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was one of the first fiction novels series I read but not as good as the other five- find outer books
help 2 7 Aug 01, 2014 08:02AM

• The Naughtiest Girl Collection 3: Books 8-10 (The Naughtiest Girl Gift Books and Collections)
  • Tom Gates is Absolutely Fantastic [at Some Things] (Tom Gates, #5)
  • Esio Trot
  • The Daughter from a Wishing Tree: Unusual Tales about Women in Mythology
  • The Upside-Down King: Unusual Tales about Rama and Krishna
  • The Heroes of Olympus Boxed Set (The Heroes of Olympus, #1-5)
  • The Serpent's Revenge: Unusual Tales from the Mahabharata
  • Flat Stanley (Flat Stanley, #1)
  • Grandma's Bag Of Stories
  • The Throne of Fire: The Graphic Novel  (The Kane Chronicles: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • Suppandi Volume 8—Employee of the Year
  • Still William (Just William, #5)
  • The Ghost of Golconda: Indian history based children's detective story for boys and girls age 9-12 (The Sen Kids Book 2)
  • Crocodile Tears (Alex Rider, #8)
  • Lost: When the Dream Turns To a Nightmare
  • Suppandi Volume 6: Who's the Boss?
  • William The Good (Just William, #9)
  • The Mystery of Smugglers Cove (The Mystery Series #1)