Start by marking “The Mystery of Holly Lane (The Five Find-Outers, #11)” as Want to Read:
The Mystery of Holly Lane (The Five Find-Outers, #11)

The Mystery of Holly Lane

(The Five Find-Outers #11)

Who stole the money that the old man in Holly Lane had so carefully hidden in his cottage and where is it now? Why did his furniture disappear in the middle of the night? Fatty and the other Find-Outers have a long list of suspects, and a few clues, but this latest mystery just won't be solved! Mr Goon, the policeman, is hot on the scent too and he is sure that he has the ...more
Published January 29th 1988 by Armada (first published 1953)

To ask other readers questions about The Mystery of Holly Lane, please sign up.

Ad Rocks Socks (semi hiatus)

Enid Blyton was one of my favourite authors growing up. My parents grew up on her books, as did many from my generation — all private school libraries in India would boast of a mix of all of Blyton’s serial works — a remnant of our Colonial past.

Some time last year, my mother and I were engaged in a conversation about books from my childhood, and my mother asked, “Have you ever noticed how there’s racism in Enid Blyton books?”

Thinking back, it was easy to spot them — the Scallywag doll
Kavita
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: uk, mystery, children
Without a mystery to solve, the Five are reduced to playing wild pranks to pass their time. One of these pranks was Fatty disguising himself (obviously!) but what really brought a mystery into their lives again was Larry's prank. Disguising himself as a window cleaner and cleaning windows of random people, Larry chances to see an old man feeling around for his money. When there is a theft in that very house, Fatty gets involved somehow!

Of course, Mr Goon is baffled and goes after the wrong pers
Abigail
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Determined Fans of the 'Five Find-Outers' Series
The eleventh title in Enid Blyton's fifteen-book Five Find-Outers and Dog series, in which a group of British schoolchildren play detective on their holidays, The Mystery of Holly Lane sees Fatty, Larry, Daisy, Pip and Bets (together with Buster the dog) stumbling upon a puzzling case involving an old man's missing money. When Larry's pretense at window-washing leads the children to Hollies Cottage, they discover the owner calling for the police. Naturally, the Find-Outers hope to catch the thie ...more
Lady Clementina ffinch-ffarowmore
Findouters Challenge: Book 11. It’s Easter holidays again, and Bets and Pip are preparing to meet Fatty at the station as Fatty’s school breaks a week later than their own. Quite sure that Fatty will be in disguise again, the children get into a bit of a muddle when they mistake a Frenchman who is in Peterswood to visit his sister for Fatty but when the real Fatty turns up and is able to placate him with his impeccable French, he soon enough befriends the children. Meanwhile having no mystery at ...more
Tom Seward
Mar 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: enid-blyton
Enid Blyton is an amazing childrens author, bestselling in the world. Although almost undiscovered by Americans.
This series (The 5 Find-outers) Features 4 friends who search out mysteries like detectives, often foiling the local constable while doing so. Fatty- The leader of the children, often dresses up in hilarious disguises as he solves these mysteries... Enjoy.
Top Notch reading... Introduce your kids to Enid Blyton today!!!
Tanti Rahmalia
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enid Blyton selalu berhasil membuat saya ingin bertualang dan memecahkan misteri-misteri. Buku yang menarik, karena bisa mengembangkan imajinasi pembaca :)
Nadette Xuereb
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love how these books seem to stand the test of time, but I got a tinge of annoyance when reading this. First of all, it seems that the children are becoming more of "pests" with each book, disrespecting grown ups and meddling. Secondly it feels like it's only Fatty who does the work, with his friends acting as spectators. It feels like the stories are losing a bit of their charm at the end of the series. However, I still do enjoy these books... They're an important part of my childhood... But ...more
Lynne
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Not read since I was about eight, and still great fun.
Payton
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
amazing
Catherine Ryan
Aug 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The usual enjoyable Blyton fare now available on a e-reader :-)
Daniela Soplantila
Another mystery to solved by The Five Find-Outers. This time, it's about robbery.
Sean Harding
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: blyton-enid
The story of Penny's long lost sister Holly. Nope not quite this time Ethel, but that would make a humorous addition to mixed up books anyway I am not just digressing but in the next suburb, this one is book 11 of the Five Find Outers (and dog!) and surprise they solve a mystery whilst another surprise annoy Goon and they also have the Fatty and Bets show going on, well no surprise their either. By the numbers now as we get to book eleven, you know what to expect and yet here we are again - such ...more
Kirsti
Nov 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
How strange! Who could have stolen all that money from a blind man? The Find Outers have a list of suspects, but Goon is on the case as well, and it will be a race to the finish. They will of course, show him up before the end, but that's part of the fun. A few new friends and glad people by the end, the Find Outers just go through life helping others and solving mysteries. A great, great book!
Daniel
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Akan selalu ada soft spot bagi saya untuk para anggota Pasukan Mau Tahu. Pip, Beth, Larry, Daisy, dan Fatty barangkali yang sudah menemani saya semasa kecil, tetapi mereka masih terus berumur dua belas tahun, sementara saya akan terus bertambah tua. Meski demikian, saya tidak akan pernah melupakan mereka.
Jake Collins
Feb 04, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Pathetic nonsense. The ridiculously ill conceived and unlikely ways that the gang has been getting involved with the "mysteries" lately has really started to annoy me.
Sakinah
Aug 31, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all friends
The story is about someone stole money that the old man had so carefully hidden in his cottage and it dissapear.The furniture is dissapear in the middle of the ninght to...Fatty and the other Find-Outers have long list of suspects and a few of clues.
Kathrieba
Ok read
Noora
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nuortenkirjat
Samaa salaisuus-sarjaa ja samaa tyyliä kuin aiemmatkin lukemani sarjan kirjat.
Alma
Feb 24, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
Read this as part of a 3-story compilation of Enid Blyton's Five Found-Outers and a Dog. I still have that thing somwhere.
Vaijayanthi
Feb 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: -
Recommended to Vaijayanthi by: -
Very nice one.
Debbie Sally
Oct 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Rasanya saya juga ikut bertualang bersama Fatty, Pip, Larry, Bets dan Daisy untuk memecahkan misteri di pondok Hollies. Menarik!
Clara Lestari
Jun 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another old fashioned book that filled up my childhood.
Primadonna
Jun 30, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: children, mystery
Reread it again for the... I don't know. I know I've read this more than five.

sherry george
Jul 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Obviously awesome! :D
Bavani Priya
their mysteries are always awesome. the book is is so cool
Fay
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A nostalgic tale that takes me back to my childhood.
cool 1 6 Jan 08, 2009 03:14AM

• Lima Sekawan: Menaklukkan Agen Rahasia (2)
  • Jennings Goes To School
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's
  • The Mystery of the Dead Man's Riddle (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #22)
  • South Sea Adventure
  • The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators #14)
  • The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot (Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators, #2)
  • Madita (Madicken, #1-2)
  • The Kiss of Death
  • The Self-Preservation Society
  • The Four-Headed Dragon (Hardy Boys, #69)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192

The Five Find-Outers (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • The Mystery of the Burnt Cottage (The Five Find-Outers, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Disappearing Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #2)
  • The Mystery of the Secret Room (The Five Find-Outers, #3)
  • The Mystery of the Spiteful Letters (The Five Find-Outers, #4)
  • The Mystery of the Missing Necklace (The Five Find-Outers, #5)
  • The Mystery of the Hidden House (The Five Find-Outers, #6)
  • The Mystery of the Pantomime Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #7)
  • The Mystery of the Invisible Thief (The Five Find-Outers, #8)
  • The Mystery of the Vanished Prince (The Five Find-Outers, #9)
  • The Mystery of the Strange Bundle (The Five Find-Outers, #10)