Start by marking “Snatched (Will Trent, #5.5)” as Want to Read:
Snatched (Will Trent, #5.5)

Snatched

(Will Trent #5.5)

A gripping, action-packed short story available only as an eBookfrom a master of character, crime, and urgent suspense.

Will Trent, a dedicated agent with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation for fifteen years, knows that theres definitely such a thing as a cops intuition. Which is why he should have listened to his own.

While in an airport restroom at Atlantas
Published May 14th 2012 by Dell

To ask other readers questions about Snatched, please sign up.
JKR Maybe because it is a novella and not a novel, Snatched was only released in the ebook and audiobook formats. I have never come across a paperback…moreMaybe because it is a novella and not a novel, Snatched was only released in the ebook and audiobook formats. I have never come across a paperback edition not even at the Karin Slaughter website.(less)

Start your review of Snatched (Will Trent, #5.5)
Beverly
May 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Riding high off of the brilliant book, Criminal, I just finished the short story "Snatched" which was included with my copy of Criminal on my Kindle. It is a stand alone story of Will Trent's time in the Atlanta airport doing bathroom duty. He is assigned there to try and catch guys having sex in the restrooms which he hates. It is a punishment from his boss for having his hair too long. Will doesn't care about consensual sex between men, he doesn't want kids to witness it though. He does post ...more
Selene
Okay, so I'll admit that my heart was in my throat while reading this story!

photo IMG_5407_zps990lufwf.gif

Written in third-person with a singular POV, it centered around Special Agent Will Trent's thrilling adventure and investigative search into finding a missing girl who was last spotted at Atlantas Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

▲ This short story is part of an eight-book series that I haven't read, but it was easy to latch on to the characters and enjoy the ride. Looking forward to reading more from this
*TANYA*
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Although this was a short read, it was still very intense.
Jonetta
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GBI Special Agent Will Trent did something to annoy his boss so he's relegated to monitoring the toilets at the Atlanta airport to trap potential sexual predators. What he inadvertently stumbles upon is a possible child abduction.

It may be short but it is riveting. Will races against time to find the little girl whose face he can never forget as he beats himself up for ignoring his first instincts. I enjoyed following him and the team of agents working the situation. There's no fluff or filler
♥Rachel♥
It's scary how some people have no regard or compassion for children. This novella is frightening, because I'm sure it happens more than we know.

Will is on airport duty looking for sex offenders in the bathrooms. I guess this is a thing? Men go to airport bathrooms in search of a random hookup? I've never noticed this happening in women's bathrooms, and I fly pretty frequently, but maybe it this is common for men. Who knows. This wouldn't be a problem if said hookup didn't happen when anyone,
Mo
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Will has pissed Amanda off ... again ... He is on "toilet duty" at Atlanta airport. He hears the voice of a young girl. Something is not right but Will gets there too late.

Honestly, I didn't get this book. I mean it is not really a progression from the previous books. It is like a filler that Slaughter threw out there to make a bit of money before the release of Criminal.

Of course Will is in it so I am not complaining but I hadn't read it, I wouldn't have missed much. Anyway, onwards and upwards
Marnie  (Enchanted Bibliophile)
Another action packed read!

Slaughter knows how to capture your attention and hold it so tight you forget to breath at times.
I can't find if this short story is connected to the next book in the series or not, so I just went with it.
It is after all Karin Slaughter, one of my top authors.

Snatched is exactly what the title suggest. And Slaughter used it to show us how Will's mind works and of cause to teach us a bit about the Levis Call.
As always I couldn't get enough.
Hollis
I'll never walk through an airport the same way again.

SNATCHED started out hilarious and adorable and quickly turned into a heart-pounding slice of fright and horror and uncertainty. Well done, Slaughter, well done. Extra star for the sweet sweet ending though.
Freda Malone
Oct 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This short story has many good things about it. My favorite being that Angie wasn't in it and Will Trent, the smart man that he is, saves a little girl. If I were ever a little girl lost, I'd want Trent to save me.
Jean
Jul 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Karin Slaughter. Will Trent. Need I say more? Probably not, but here goes. Snatched is labeled as number 5.5 in the Will Trent Series. Previously available only as an e-short story, I read it as a print supplement to a paperback version of number six, Criminal.

GBI Special Agent Will Trent is whiling away the hours playing Minesweeper on his cell phone in one of many mens restrooms at the Atlanta airport as he sits as bait during his not-so-special assignment for a hair-length regulations
Amanda
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-reads
Todays review will be a short one. Snatched by Karin Slaughter is a novella and technically book number 5.5 in the Will Trent series. Karin Slaughters books are already fast and suspenseful reads but I finished reading this book in just over an hour. This book begins with Will Trent hanging out in an airport bathroom trying to catch sex solicitors. Soon a man roughly drags a girl to the bathroom. Something doesnt sit right with Will but the man could be her father. The man proceeds to drag the ...more
Gary
Jul 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Book (Novella) 5.5 in the Will Trent series by Karin Slaughter. I enjoy this series and decided to read this novella which is only available as an eBook. I have to be honest I am not a big fan of short stories as they often lack depth and are just a little too convenient but this book was a decent read perhaps helped by the fact I was already familiar with some of the characters. Plenty of action and full of suspense that keeps the pages turning rapidly. A decent novel by an excellent author ...more
Robin
Feb 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, 2016
As punishment for not keeping his hair regulation length, Georgia Bureau of Investigations Special Agent Will Trent is stuck in an Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport restroom looking for illicit sexual activity. Bored and ready for a break, a small voice coming from the next stall catches his attention. It is a little girl saying she wants to go home. The man with her is in no mood to listen. Is he her father? Her Grandfather? Will's intuition tells him something is wrong as he ...more
Amanda McGill
Dec 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A really good short story!

Sometimes I'm really hesitant on short stories, but Snatched had everything that I wanted. I got to briefly connect with my favourite characters (with the exception of Sara, who was only mentioned once) and I was on a roller coaster of action.

From the opening chapter I was hooked and it felt like my heart was racing when Will was running through the Atlanta airport. From there, the novel didn't let go until the very final chapter.

If you are reading the Will Trent
Heather
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-5-star-reads
Loved it!
Samantha
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent short story to supplement your Karin Slaughter reading if you are an addicted fan. It is starring Will Trent who notices a suspicious man with a little girl who gives off signs of not being the parent and not being a good Guardian either. So of course our hero will Trent doesn't ignore his intuition when it comes to crime involving children. It is a super quick read with only 7 chapters and should be noted as a short story not a full book or novel. Definitely worth the hour ...more
Brenda
Agent Will Trent of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation was on restroom duty at the biggest and busiest airport terminal in the world; he found himself bored enough to have run his phone battery almost flat playing Minesweeper. But when he heard the door open and a plaintive little voice saying she wanted to go home, Wills cop antennae immediately spiked. Something was very wrong

Suspecting the worst, Will followed the man and the little girl, while all the while arguing with himself that it
Lauren
Snatched
4.5 Stars

A gripping page turner from the start. It is only a pity that it isn't a full length novel as one can never get enough of the incredible Will Trent and his huge heart.

The investigation into a child abduction and possible human trafficking scenario at Atlanta Airport is eye-opening. The details on the airport itself and its procedures for dealing with this type of even are very interesting and I will never look at the airport in the same way again.

In sum, a short yet wonderful
Pop
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like a 4.5 star. Dont like to give any book 5* unless it blows me away. Probably should give it 5, it really was good. Almost missed a turn off the Interstate on the way home listening and had to drive around the neighborhood to finish before coasting into my driveway. I almost had tears running down my cheeks at the end. Heck, I did, whom am I trying to fool. ...more
Jaela
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
So cute and adorable. The ending I mean. I liked it. On to the next one.
Kim
Jul 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: crime-fiction, kindle

I didn't know about this novella* until very recently, when I read and reviewed Karin Slaughter's latest novel, Criminal. It's described as #6 in Slaughter's Will Trent series, although given its length and its tangential relationship to the rest of the series, it would probably be more accurate to think of it as #5.5.

The action takes place over a day, at HartsfieldJackson Atlanta International Airport, where Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent Will Trent has been given an unpleasant
Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

I also grabbed the two novellas in the Will Trent series ,  from the library.  I was lucky they were available immediately.  These were short cases with Will being the primary character.  He had minimal contact with Amanda, Faith and Sara.  They were narrated by Kathleen Early, though. Other than minor details, they could fit in anywhere in the series. I like the additional perspective they give me about Will.

Snatched was a heart breaker
Jim
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Karin Slaughter's novella "Snatched" hooked me immediately, for two reasons: (1) Georgia Bureau of Investigation Special Agent Will Trent was possibly witnessing an attempted child abduction, and (2) The events of the story took place in Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, my home town airport where I've been dozens of times in my life, either flying or meeting people.

Will Trent wouldn't have been stuck policing the airport restrooms looking for illicit sexual activities if he
Wendy
May 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved re-reading this novella that is part of the Will Trent series!
Kathy Davie
Mar 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller
A short story, 5.5 in the Will Trent thriller series and revolving around Special Agent Will Trent. The focus is on Will's worry that he's seeing things.

My Take
That Will, he's stubborn. Through third person point-of-view, we learn that Sara likes to run her fingers through his hair, so he ain't a'gonna cut it. Even if he spends the rest of his career on toilet duty, lol.

He does indulge in a terrible diet...don't mind me. I'm jealous.

I do feel for Will. Our justice system gives too much weight on
Louisa
Mar 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great short story, of Will on the dreaded airport bathroom job, and of the child who didn't seem to want to be with the adult that she was with and Will having his gut tell him something was wrong!
Jodi Kauble
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good quick read.
Mimi
Feb 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short but suspenseful novella. Will Trent follows his intuition and saves the day!
Claude
Aug 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Much too short, of course, as it's a novella. But otherwise perfect
Sophie Rayton
Feb 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is a brilliant example of what a short story can be. It's short but had be hooked and kept me there until the end. Very impressed.
J.D. Robb : Snatched by Karin Slaughter (Will Trent #5.5) - August 2018 10 25 Sep 02, 2018 10:17AM

• PALABRAS ROTAS
  • Alone (Detective D.D. Warren, #1)
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
  • Someone We Know
  • Hide (Detective D.D. Warren, #2)
  • When You See Me (Detective D.D. Warren, #11; Gardner Universe, #20)
  • The Neighbor (Detective D.D. Warren, #3)
  • Live to Tell (Detective D.D. Warren, #4)
  • The Better Sister
  • The Wolf Within (The Wild Side, #1)
  • The Survivors Club
  • Broken Silence (Romantic Suspense, #14.5; Baltimore, #3.5)
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Say Goodbye (Quincy & Rainie, #6)
  • The Perfect Husband (Quincy & Rainie, #1)
  • Beneath The Skin (The Wolf Within #1)
  • The Dark Side (The Wild Side, #2)
  • The Family Upstairs
Karin Slaughter is one of the worlds most popular and acclaimed storytellers. Published in 120 countries with more than 35 million copies sold across the globe, her nineteen novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated COP TOWN and the instant NEW YORK TIMES bestselling novels PRETTY GIRLS, THE GOOD DAUGHTER, and PIECES OF HER. Her most recent book, THE LAST ...more

Will Trent (10 books)
  • Triptych (Will Trent, #1)
  • Fractured (Will Trent, #2)
  • Undone (Will Trent, #3)
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
  • Criminal (Will Trent, #6)
  • Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)
  • The Last Widow (Will Trent, #9)
  • The Silent Wife (Will Trent, #10)