Start by marking “Senshi (Katana, #2)” as Want to Read:
Senshi (Katana, #2)

Senshi (Katana #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  172 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Is Rileigh’s only hope for salvation to team up with her sworn enemy?

Rileigh Martin just wants to do normal teenage things, like go on romantic dates with Kim, her boyfriend and past life soul mate. Although that seems impossible when she’s the reincarnation of Senshi, a fifteenth century samurai warrior. After a ninja ambush leaves her unable to control her ki powers, Ril
Published March 8th 2013 by Flux (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Senshi, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Senshi

Marie
Oct 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shenshi is a fantastic follow-up to Katana! In the second installment of the Katana series, Rileigh Martin has embraced her inner warrior making her a force to be reckoned with. I especially love Rileigh's internal monologue and one-liners; her general attitude and demeanor make her a very relatable and lovable character. I pray there is more to Rileigh's story, I need to know what happens to her and those she loves!

I would like to thank Net Galley, Flux Books, and Cole Gibsen for giving me the
Nicole Wang
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
if you've been with me for a while, you know that I absolutely loved Katana, so when I hear that book 2 was on NetGalley? Of course I rushed to get it! I admit, I had my doubts. Would it go through the Sequel Syndrome? Here's the answer: It really didn't. Senshi was just as intriguing and hilarious as Katana and I loved every page of it!

Rileigh (or as I like to call her, Riley) is probably somewhere in my Top 10 Heroines list somewhere! She's hilarious to the nth and she has some seriously aweso
Grace
Jun 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO CLOSE TO A HAPPY ENDING!!!!!!!!!! there better be a third book where Kim regains his memory other wise I will find Mrs.Gibsen and kill her!!!! WAIT I WILL TAKE HER HOSTAGE AND FORCE HER TO WRITE A THIRD BOOK!!!!!!!!I love Whitley though!!hehe
Laura's Book Addiction
Jun 21, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-wishlist, 2013
OMG soooooo f-ing happy that there will be 2nd book =)
Soumi
Jul 31, 2012 marked it as to-read
I want, I wan, I want
Jade Walker
Mar 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had quite a few complaints when I read Katana last year and I ended up giving it a slightly lower rating than I'd wanted to (B- is still a good rating but it's kind of on the border between great and okay). When I picked up Senshi I hadn't had amazing hopes for it and it actually was a little better than Katana in my opinion, I really enjoyed it.

It's no secret that I love books about samurai or with an East Asian/Oriental tone, so I really am enjoying this series simply for that, but on top o
Arianna
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Finalmente riusciamo a leggere il sequel di Katana, un libro che mi aveva appassionata molto. In Senshi Rileigh accetta il suo passato da guerriera, che ormai si è fuso con i ricordi della sua nuova vita, ma quello che vuole è avere una vita normale con il suo ragazzo, anche lui ex samurai, Kim. Ed era quello che (cof cof) avrei voluto anche io, peccato che di drammi ce ne sono parecchi e di Kim poco. Infatti la nostra erona resterà senza di lui per parecchi mesi, infatti questo secondo libro fi ...more
Geillis Shadow
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelley
*Genre* Young Adult Paranormal
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Senshi is the sequel, or middle book in the Katana series. Time line wise, it has been FOUR months since Rileigh Martin was nearly killed by her nemesis Whitley aka Zeami, and learned that she's the reincarnated fifteenth century samurai warrior known as Senshi.

Rileigh now wants a normal life, with normal dates with the boyfriend, Gimhae Kim (aka Yoshido), who had been the love of her life in a previous life. She still has no desire to do
Ashley
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG! KIM!!!!!!!!
Iori
Aug 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't fucking believe it !! But whatever it's awesometacular read
Janus the Erudite Artist
Being introduced to Rileigh Martin in Katana [book one of this series] didn’t exactly leave a memorable impression on me. I enjoyed reading the book but I voiced out a lot qualms about it in my review of Katana. The thought of having fun reading it was enough to make me give Senshi [book two] a try.

I expected nothing special from Senshi. In fact, the first parts were rather annoying to me that I was beginning to feel like I didn’t want to continue reading anymore. I question a lot of Rileigh’s d
Sophia (Bookwyrming Thoughts)
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
Original Review posted on http://bookwyrming-thoughts.blogspot.com/2013/11/review-senshi-by-cole-gibsen.html
Original Rating: 4.5 out of 5 Owls

Note: Formatting may be lost due to copy and paste

Well, I'll admit Katana felt like a stand alone – with the "oh, hey, they lived happily ever after! There's no more!" And I actually did think Katana was a stand alone.

But then Goodreads spoiled everything. -_- I can't believe you would do that to me, Goodreads.

Well, not exactly. I really wouldn't have k
Pippi Jackson
Dec 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: female-pov, favorites
GO RILEIGH!!!!!!
This book was amazingly fantabulous. With a cherry on top.
My favourite book moment EVERRRRR (view spoiler)
Rileigh is so amazing. She has failures and flaws instead of being a Bella. And I laughed at her when (view spoiler)
Deniz
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it

This was fun and cute, lots of action and a revisit of all the characters from Katana.
There were parts of this book that were better than in the first book, and others that didn't work for the second time around.
But in my opinion it was too similar to Katana. Around halfway I was rolling eyes at Righley's snarky comments rather than laughing about them- they got old!

The charter building this time around was definitely better than Katana. While in Katana all of the characters were very cliche and
Jamie Krakover
May 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-books
Rileigh might finally be mastering her samurai skills and even fine tuning her ability to use her ki. Things are finally returning to normal and she's even excited to spend time with her boyfriend and soul mate Kim. But that doesn't stop a band of ninjas from chasing after her or her ki from going crazy. And to make matters worse, Kim suddenly leaves her for another and none of her friends seem to be around to care. Whoever said being a reincarnate fifteenth century samurai would be easy? As the ...more
Charli
Jan 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Booklist review:

Skater girl Rileigh is coming to terms with being awakened as Senshi, a reincarnated samurai warrior, by learning about her powers while avoiding being drawn into a shadowy government organization. Then her soul mate Kim’s former betrothed is awakened, throwing everything into question. Gibsen jumps right in with little backstory (Katana, 2012), which could be confusing to new readers. Alternating time lines—Rileigh battling ninja in contemporary St. Louis and Senshi’s journey to
Cyp
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of Alyson Noel's The Immortals series and YA Time Travel Romance
An action-packed, heart-wrenching sequel that emulates it's predecessor! There were more characters from Rileigh's ad Kim's illustrious and dangerous past that came into play (mainly enemies and nemesis) and more plot curves. With Rileigh finally fully-transcended, we get more glimpses into Senshi's intriguing beginning and how she met the mysterious samurai, Yoshido; LOVED it! (I'm not a fan of the cover though...)

Read this awhile back but didn't have the time to review it, sigh. Full review to
Shirley
Jul 29, 2012 rated it liked it
This second book was ok. I think Riley is just more annoying. I don't know. It had some great action scenes and I love Q but I just hope the third book is better. PS....Sumi is a crazy you know what.
Ariana
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I did really enjoy this book but it just did not seem as memorable as katana.
Emily
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, own
i thouight it was a great book and i loved how it tided in with the first; But there is 1 thing i dont understand: if Q cat take away Kims memories cant he bring them back?
Kelly Vance
Apr 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Like the first, an entertaining, light read, though the plot twists got a bit absurd...
Charley Joe Weaver
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it
This was a really good book. It kept me guessing as to what would happen next. I loved it. The end was kind of a bummer though....I hope there's another book.
Kelly Duque
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Can't wait for the next one!
Amy
Nov 12, 2013 added it
I really liked Katana, but I had a hard time getting into Senshi. It's the same thing but less interesting the second time around.
Tiffany
Sep 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ohmigod, this is INTENSE. I loved it!!
Kirsten Mortensen
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Read this book from my teen daughter's TBR pile. I think it will appeal to readers her age, so strong caveat as regards my stars: the book simply isn't for me. I'm too old! ;-)
Chin-Ning Chong
Jul 24, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a great sequel. Way better than Katana. I'm glad the protagonist finally got some guts and accepted her life.
Alicia
May 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Another good book! The second half of the book really picked up for me-- action wise. I liked the glimpses of the past lives throughout the book. I cannot wait to read the 3rd book!

David Lucas
Feb 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 05
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 8 (Wild Ones, #8)
  • Curves & Courage (Future Alphas, #2)
  • The Hour of Dreams (The Pace #4)
  • Slack Tide
  • Broken
  • Transcendence (Transcendence, #1)
  • Alight: The Peril (Pyxis, #2)
  • The Emerald City (Osland Trilogy, #1)
  • Kissing Jamie Baker (Jamie Baker, #1.5)
  • Perigee Moon
  • The Chosen (The Nine Lives of Chloe King #3)
  • Before You Go
  • Interred (Chronicles of the Interred, #1)
  • Tempus (Tempus, #1)
  • Beginnings (The Guardians of Vesturon 0.5)
  • Student Bodies (Poltergeeks, #2)
  • Rapunzel Untangled
Growing up, Cole Gibsen couldn't decide what she loved more--dogs or books. So she decided to devote her life to both! Dog trainer (wrangler) by day and author by night, she's the author of over ten books with more on the way.

She would love to connect with you on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/ColeGibsen

and Facebook at www.Facebook.com/ColeGibsen
More about Cole Gibsen

Katana (3 books)
  • Katana (Katana, #1)
  • Shinobi (Katana, #3)
“Go ahead, you guys. I'm not done with Kim yet."
Braden made annoying kissing noises while Michelle giggled.
"Fine with me," Kim said. He pulled his shirt over his head and threw it to the ground. Sweat glistened on the tight muscles of his chest. Standing under the orange glow of the setting sun, he looked like a golden statue brought to life.
"That's not fair." I struggled to swallow past the sudden dryness of my tongue. "That's distracting."
He flashed me a grin that ignited a fire low inside me. "That would be the point. Call it a tactical move."
Braden used the tree to pull himself up. "Well, boys and girls, I think it's time we moved along. This fight is about to lose its PG-13 rating."
Michelle nudged him in the side. "I think it's cute."
Something prickled on the back of my neck and I turned to find Quentin staring at me with a look between confusion and pain. As I tried to decipher its meaning, Kim used that moment to snatch my wrist and twist it behind my back. He pulled me in, pinning me against his chest, and lowered his head to place a kiss just below my ear.
"I may need to take notes." Braden pretended to open an invisible notebook. "So, what do you call this martial arts style, Kim? Kung fu-ling around? How about jujits-you-some?”
4 likes
“After he'd gone, I slammed the door shut and, after the day I had, wasn't the least bit surprised to see my closet door open and Whitley stick his head out.
"Son of hibachi," I muttered. Now I would have to add burning all of my clothes to my list of things to do.
"What?" He exited the closet with a smile. "I don't even get a hello?"
I held up a finger. "Wait right here."
He shrugged.
I shut the door behind me and marched back into the living room and pointed at Dr. Wendell. "You. Come with me. Now."
Wide-eyed, he rose from the couch and followed me to my door. Before I opened it, I turned to him. "You said part of your job was to protect me, right?"
He nodded, his brow knit in lines of confusion.
"Just to prove how bad you suck at your job, look at this."
I swung open the door and Whitley waved from his perch at the end of my bed.
Dr. Wendell's mouth dropped and he took a step back. "Wait. What is-who is that?"
"That"-I gestured to the boy on my bed-"is Whitley, aka Zeami, aka the psycho who tried to kill me, steal my powers, and burnt down my house."
Whitley smiled. "Guilty as charged."
I folded my arms and glared at Dr. Wendell. "If you're supposedly protecting me, how could you let my past-life murderer walk right into my bedroom and hide out in my closet?"
Dr. Wendell shook his head, his skin a shade paler than it had been moments ago. "But I-I didn't-how-" He looked at Whitley. "How did you get in here?"
Whitley rolled his eyes. "Through the door. Duh."
Dr. Wendell pushed me behind him, bringing his shaking fists in front of his face. "It doesn't matter. If you want to kill Rileigh, you're going to have to get past me.”
4 likes