Start by marking “Lucy and CeCee's How to Survive (and Thrive) in Middle School” as Want to Read:
Lucy and CeCee's How to Survive (and Thrive) in Middle School

Lucy and CeCee's How to Survive (and Thrive) in Middle School

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  17 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Time to put the freak-out on pause because outgoing, boy-crazy Lucy Pringle and shy, studious, bespectacled CeCee Cruz have the goods on how to make middle school the best three years ever! Lucy and CeCee-the official self-proclaimed Madison Heights Middle School experts on how to deal with haters, hormones, and hot lunch dilemmas-are ready to demystify swirlie urban legen ...more
Published April 5th 2012 by iUniverse (first published April 1st 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about Lucy and CeCee's How to Survive (and Thrive) in Middle School

Lisa Mccombs
May 04, 2012 rated it liked it
Lisa McCombs review for Readers Favorite
Middle School…the worst years of your life…or are they? Lucy and CeCee, seventh grade experts, have devised the perfect handbook for middle school survival. Everything from honing in on the types of teachers and how to handle them, to planning the perfect sleepover, foolproof tardy excuses, and the importance of maintaining social decorum…these gals advise even the most socially handicapped in a humorous, yet realistic guide to succeeding in middle school.
Stacy
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Thanks for giving me a copy of this to preview. It was a perfect book for my daughter, who is very close to starting middle school herself (just one more year!), so I asked her to read it and let me know what she thought. She told me how much she enjoyed it. She also said that while she considered some of the diary entries dumb, some were drop-dead hilarious. All in all, my daughter found the book a great read - she even asked me to find more books written by Ms. Dana! You can't get a better rec ...more
Sarabeth Ong
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arr-copy
While reading Lucy and CeCee's How to Survive (and Thrive) in Middle School, I have come to realized how much I missed my best friend in high school and how much time I’ve missed when I have the chance to enjoy those days. I love how Ms. Kimberly Dana wrote this book. It’s hilarious, page-turner and fast-paced. Lucy and Cecee are funny, intelligent, and responsible enough. I love their kind of friendship that they have for each other.
Valerie Caraotta
Sep 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Those roller coaster tween years we may have already faced or are now there in full force middle school throttle-this is a book delightful for all ages. As mothers and grandmothers, it will get you up to speed in this modern age where language has changed during this time frame and "real" priorities need to be better understood.

Middle School girls-this book rocks! One of the "gotta have" items needed on your list. Led by Lucy and CeCee's tween expertise, it's a survival handbook that lets you in
Marie
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was ok
The lay out and setting of this book in my oppinion wasn't great. The first few pages had me stuck in but the setting and jumping back an forth from Diary entering to tips on lunch line etc kinda dragged.
Overall this book was very humorous and made me laugh and giggle a lot but aside from the occasional funny sentence and the bickering between two close friends there's nothing really grounding your interest. I drifted from being interested to bored to being entertained and then bored again.
I g
Denice
Jul 16, 2012 rated it liked it
First I want to thank We ♥ YA Books! and the author for a copy of this book...

When I first read this book I was really shocked cause I was expecting a novel... But I had fun reading this book... Though there were some chapters where I got bored 'coz I can't really relate to whatever they were saying that's why I had to jump pages... But overall, this was a very cute book... And I like how it was written...
Lindsay
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads-wins
I won this book in a goodreads giveaway.

I thought this book was fun and interesting in it's own way. It's a quick read. I hope to be a middle school teacher in a few years when I am done with school and it was fun to read this book and put myself back into the days of my middle school years. Yes the book is corny and at some points dumb, but that's kind of what makes it interesting. Some of the suggestions are off the wall!!!
Author The World
Jul 01, 2016 rated it liked it
This book was a cute little guide for middle school kids. It had a story going for it, as well as the tips and advice. So that was nice. I think it was a little forced at times to sound like "kid talk," but overall I think some kids might like it.
Noelia
Jun 25, 2012
Paola
rated it it was ok
Jun 11, 2013
Grant Kauffman
Aug 07, 2013
Annalese Whyte
rated it did not like it
Jun 28, 2012
The Ultimate Twee...: Tween Book Gifts 4 17 Apr 14, 2014 08:57PM
Young Adult Book ...: New Young Adult Giveaway 1 14 May 15, 2012 09:28AM
Goodreads Authors...: New Young Adult Giveaway 1 8 May 15, 2012 09:24AM
My YA Obsession: New Young Adult Giveaway 1 24 May 15, 2012 09:17AM
An award-winning author and teacher, Kimberly Dana enjoys teaching writing to middle school students who give her much inspiration and insight into the world of tweendom. She is published by the National Council of Teachers of English and the recipient of several writing honors from Writers Digest and the Pacific Northwest Writers Association. Other affiliations include the Society of Children’s B ...more
More about Kimberly Dana
“Middle school is kind of like Middle-earth. It’s a magical journey filled with elves, dwarves, hobbits, queens, kings, and a few corrupt wizards. Word to the wise: pick your traveling companions well. Ones with the courage and moral fiber to persevere. Ones who wield their lip gloss like magic wands when confronted with danger. This way, when you pass through the congested hallways rife with pernicious diversion, you achieve your desired destination—or at least your next class.
-CeCee, Lucy and CeCee's How to Survive (and Thrive) in Middle School”
10 likes