Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Volume 8: Nati per soffrire” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Volume 8: Nati per soffrire

The Walking Dead, Volume 8: Nati per soffrire (The Walking Dead #8)

4.47  ·  Rating details ·  22,949 Ratings  ·  785 Reviews
La resa dei conti con il Governatore e i cittadini di Woodbury. Campo di battaglia: la prigione. Qualcuno si salverà, qualcun'altro no. L'ottavo capitolo della più famosa zombie-saga che sta tenendo con il fiato sospeso i lettori di qua e di là dell'Oceano.
Published 2010 by Saldapress (first published June 25th 2008)

Alejandro
The war is here!

This is the eighth volume of the softcover editions of "The Walking Dead", collecting the comic book issues from #43 to #48.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Eight

MADE TO SUFFER

I don’t think we can do this.

This is it!

The showdown that you all have been waiting for, during eight TPBs!

Every step of the story has been channeled to this very moment.

Woodbury’s people versus Rick’s group!

Now we
Bookdragon Sean
Sometimes The Governor just knows how to make me laugh. He's nice like that:

“There is evil in this world and not all of it is the form of those undead monsters clawing at our fences”

description

Has anyone ever uttered a more fucking ironic line in the history of the Walking Dead?

Well I suppose he has to manipulate his followers into believing in him. But I think if any of them actually buy into his lies at this point, they have a serious, serious, problem. Sometimes I wonder if he is actually delusional.
T.W. Brown
Sep 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The eighth installment of The Walking Dead should be titled: Santa ate the Easter Bunny, then raped the Tooth Fairy and hung himself. Robert Kirkman chose to go with Made to Suffer.

In case you didn’t get it…this story is all bad. I challenge you to have an ounce of happiness left in your soul after reading this chapter. I couldn’t smile for a week. Suffice it to say, set this one down and find a quiet place and get all your cryin’ done before trying to be around other people.

No I won’t even giv
Dec 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great volume of comics. This one didn't have as much character development as the comics usually do but I can forgive that because this volume had a lot of action and by action of course I mean death. It was quite slow to get to the conclusion though and there's still a lot of questions to be answered so maybe it was a teeny bit dragged out. I loved learning about the governor. He's such a sick dude but I love that crap. Lots of characters I liked and disliked died *sigh* but that's just the way ...more
Becky
Oh man... So brutal. So fucked up.

It really shouldn't be, but it's still surprising to me how naive people are, how willing to blindly follow anyone in a position of authority, no matter how obviously fucking psychotic he is.

Wow.

I don't even know what to say about this volume.

Just... Ouch.
Raeleen Lemay
DID THAT JUST HAPPEN? JEEEEEEESUS. After watching the show, that was way more shocking and like DAMN.
[Name Redacted]
Gabby
HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED. This was so brutal and crazy and wow I can't even fathom what just happened. I'm so upset that I don't have the next volume with me at the moment so I'm left with a cliff hanger of sorts. I know I've seen the show so I have an idea of what happens next but the comics are so different form the show. It's different but also the same. I just aksjdlajsla I CAN'T.

SPOILERS BELOW
The Governor is alive and he's a ruthless bitch. They really should've taken the oppor
Anthony Chavez
Speechless... I don't really know what to say. Walking away after this end was hard. I wish I had the next volume right here to dive in to.

Made to suffer was a fitting title... So much happens, this was like a season finale right here. This volume has the knock down, drag out fight that was promised in the last volume. The last volume was more sensitive and slow focusing on rebuilding and preparing for impending doom. Well its here and it comes in a big way. The Governor of Woodbury is ruthless
Ayman Gomaa
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
what just happened !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i read some pages twice to believe that this actually happened
what an amazing terrifying shocking volume :O
of course after we saw the last volume "the Calm before " we should of known that this one will be mind blowing , i knew that but not like this :(
yea its a big different than the show and that's what makes us who saw the show and reading the comics live in it and still shocking
One of the best volumes <3 so sad and bloody but was so good
people
Michael Hawk
Jul 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
On the top of this review box it says "what I learned from this book." What I learned from Vol. 8 of The Walking Dead is not to fall in love with characters. In a series where the cast is introduced and killed off on a fairly regular basis, this collection is absolutely brutal to the regulars. Seriously, when you get to the final panel, the series as you know has wholly and completely changed for good. This story is about battle and loss and a writer who has the guts to destroy his own creation ...more
Sam Quixote
May 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book marks the end of the first act of The Walking Dead - and maybe even the end of the series for some readers! Each volume in this series has gotten progressively darker and more gruesome but Volume 8 is challenging you to stick around because it’s so outright disgusting. I’m thinking of one page in particular near the start where you get necrophilia, incest, and paedophilia all at once! I know, just one of those elements would be sickening to see - but all three? Wow.

And it’s completely
Dominic
Dec 01, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trade-paperbacks, dom
Lucy
Nooooooooooooooooooo

In the immortal words of Anakin Skywalker, DO NOT WANT!

Augh.

Way to find a bad guy more terrifying than zombies, Robert Kirkman. And way to take away any false sense of security you ever created.

Augh.
Lesincele Viaja gracias a los libros
Me ha parecido una bestialidad. Aquí ya ocurre casi todo de forma diferente a la serie y sobre todo de una forma mucho más violenta e impactante. Es un tomo con mucha más acción y se nota, teniendote todo el rato en una tensión continua.
Mindy
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! That was the best/gnarliest volume yet! Not much I can say with out spoilage. I am also somewhat speechless after that ending. I wish I had the next volume right now and my fucking library is closed on friday!!

One of my favorite moments:

latest (620×911)
Alondra
5 Stars

Wow! I really don't know what to say. All of the sh*t hit the fan, at once.

This graphic novel covers the Governers attack on the prison.... much worse in the graphic novel, much worse.

Read this during lunch and mildly ignored those sitting around me..
☣Lynn☣
Aug 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Basically every dies lol and I still rated it 4 stars. There's something wrong with me...
Lou
Dec 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The pace does not let up in this volume. I must say there is one bad ass femme fatale with a sword in this story. She takes it to the Governor and oh boy some real torture ensues a real gore feast. But she rocks!
They return eventually to the Prison with one person missing a hand and the zombies are still popping out of the woodwork. Loved to hear more from the brutal Governor.
For 2012 there is this help from CDC on being prepared on a zombie outbreak!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
CDC has a fun new way of teaching about emer
WrensReads
WrensReads Review

No, big guy, he isn't dead. As we saw in the last volume, The Governor is very much alive and just needs a few bandages before he charges his people on false facts to attack the group he loathes for no apparent reason. Well, he has a reason to loathe Michonne, but it isn't anything he didn't have coming. You get what you give out PHILLIP!

This was a great volume. Michonne and Andrea showed the world that girls can give as much as they can take and more. These two girls are the w
Darren Hagan
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**SPOILERS**

This one is so good, so action packed, and it changes the dynamics of the group (mainly cos they are nearly all dead but still...). Literally everyone at the prison apart from Rick and Carl die. Even the freaking newborn baby :(

It is a sad one but no one is safe in this world. Feels yo, feels!
amy
Jun 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, 2015
I know you shouldn't compare books (comics) to the TV version but HOLY SMOKE that was so much better than the TV version of that show! So many things were happening at once and they were all so much more shocking than what I was expecting! Probably my favourite volume of the series so far!
Yolanda Sfetsos
Brad
Aug 10, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This book is brutal, but brilliant. I had to read it cover to cover in one sitting. At first, I had the same quibbles I often do with new volumes of the book--there are too many almost-anonymous characters and a bit too much grisly violence--but Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard keep up their gritty storytelling. This storyline pays off the build-up from the last two volumes where our Rick and his band of prison-dwellers face off with another camp that watches zombie fights. I thought the Govern ...more
Crystal Dawn
4.5-5 Stars.

There are a number of issues I'm finding as I read these comics, and against from what I see is popular belief, the show is doing it better. This volume earns its stars because stuff happens in an entertaining way that seemingly covers all of my boxes, sitting around waiting for stuff to happen doesn't count for good entertainment, so until now the previous issues have been so-so.

I love the television shows version of The Governor. David Morrissey did a fantastic job as him, and th
Canavan
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
✭✭✭

This volume (June 2008) brings together Issues 43-48 (October 2007-April 2008) of the series.

As with the titles for previous collected volumes, this one isn't exactly subtle and gives ample warning of the carnage the reader will encounter between the covers. Kirkman brings to a rough conclusion the story arc pitting Rick Grimes against the Governor as the latter finally manages to locate the prison site and brings the Woodbury forces there for a final showdown. The end result is a cast list
Ryan Buckby
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This issue of the comic was brutal and sad i was literally on the edge of my seat throughout the whole issue it was crazy!

The comic begins with governor where he was left after the brutal attack that was caused by Michonne in a previous issue. The governor is on the war path after recovering from his injuries and gets Woodbury to prepare for an assault on the prison, So the first assault doesn't go to plan Andrea takes out a few of the Woodbury residents which makes them retreat and in result t
Nayeomi
Feb 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's amazing how different the fate of Rick's family is from the actual tv show. But! I really love both platforms, really. I actually like the comic book a tad more than the series just because it is so gritty and unapologetic with its black and white panels.
Also, it's a treat to read Robert Kirkman's replies to fans all over the world. It's like THE WRITING DEAD (but, you know, with the author himself.)
He's really kickass. He just drops out of nowhere that he has never been to college when a
Jonathan
Wow. Are you kidding me!?!

Reading this volume was like being tied down and repeatedly punched in the kidneys. Relentless and without mercy.

Jeeeeeeeeez.

Great ending to this whole Governor business though, I must say.
Kimberley doruyter
that was very very dramatic.
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 5: Ring of Truth (Y: The Last Man, #5)
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games
  • Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé
  • Revival, Vol. 3: A Faraway Place
  • Preacher, Volume 8: All Hell's a-Coming
  • Sweet Tooth, Volume 3: Animal Armies
  • The Walking Dead Survivors' Guide
  • Fables, Vol. 7: Arabian Nights [and Days] (Fables, #7)
More about Robert Kirkman...

The Walking Dead (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye