Start by marking “Museum of Terror, Vol. 3: The Long Hair in the Attic” as Want to Read:
Museum of Terror, Vol. 3: The Long Hair in the Attic

Museum of Terror, Vol. 3: The Long Hair in the Attic

(Museum of Terror #3)

Museum of Terror volume 3: The Long Hair in the Attic is the third volume in the Museum of Terror series. It was released by Dark Horse Comics in 2006. Unlike the Horror World of Junji Ito series, it presents the stories in chronological order. The works in this volume were originally released from 1987 to 1990.

Collected Works
Bio-House
The Face Burglar
Den of the Sleep Demon
Published November 21st 2006 by Dark Horse Manga (first published December 1st 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Museum of Terror, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Museum of Terror, Vol. 3

Emm - Stories for Ghouls
I have a strong wish to review (ie - rave endlessly about) the entire, supermassive collection of this artist's work. However, to do that in-depth would take months and an unsafe amount of coffee.
So, here is a short, sweet story-by-story review. I'll give brief synopses and thoughts of the stories included because I don't want to spoil anything. It's better to go in not quite knowing what to expect, trust me. If this isn't your first Ito manga, you'll probably agree.

"Bio-House" - 4/5 A woman get
أحمد
Jun 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
A nice collection of short stories. I expected a little Lovecraftian but I got something more like Goosebumps. The last three stories were the best: "The Village of Sirens" (Yes, a bit Lovecraftian!), "The Bully" (A bit childish yet it was fun) & "A Deserter in the House" (Not scary at all but I liked the twist).
rob
Aug 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: comix fans
After oh 700 pages of Tomie cutting up her boyfriends' parts, this third volume in Ito's Terror series (sadly, the last as well) is kind of refreshing in that it focuses on stories where gore & shock isn't the focus. Most of these stories are from the late 80's to 1990. "Den of the Sleep Demon," and "The Long Hair in the Attic" are here because they're expected; typical stories of a characters myopia becoming their demise. The freak-out stories with blood and flesh. "Den" is especially grues ...more
Eli
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Pretty good.

This was an anthology of manga horror stories by Junji Ito for various magazines collected here in a book. The artwork is about average, but looks a little old school. All of the stories were at least remotely interesting. Some were amazing, though. "Heart of a Father" was my favorite, but not by a huge margin.

This doesn't need to be read in context of a series because they're all unrelated stories. These stories are pretty creepy and some were a little nasty. Overall it's pretty goo
Concertina
Nov 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
La historia del bully, omfg .-.
Kaylee
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great standalone stories. Reading them in bulk maybe retracts the individual impact of them. Still very enjoyable. Manga is one of the better mediums for horror definitely. I love Junji Ito and the feelings he is able to create with his work. He creates this certain feeling of unease I haven't experienced outside of his work.
Christian
May 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Where can I buy an affordable copy of this? Prices online are shooting up all over the place.
Abigail
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish the ending had been stronger, but damn it if I didn't love this series! Such gory twisted fun!
Suneha

The Devil's Logic
Orrin Grey
Oct 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, favorites
Someone (Jesse Bullington, I think) suggested I check out Junji Ito ages ago, and I just now got around to it. Sad that I put it off so long, because this collection, at least, was pretty great. I'll definitely be tracking down the others.

It's a combo of fairly typical horror stuff, fairly typical J-horror stuff, and totally weird stuff, but it all has a pretty unique feel, and it's all carried off really deftly, pulling out some seriously disturbing images, scenes, and transitions, while still
Aaron Nugara
Aug 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
A splendidly entertaining collection of early Halloween specials/one-offs from the awe-inspiring Junji Ito. The stories here have much more in common with Goosebumps/The Twilight Zone than it does to weird or cosmic fiction (perhaps best exemplified by Hellstar Remina and Uzumaki). My personal favourites: "Den of the Sleep Demon", "Love as Scripted", "The Village of Sirens", and "A Deserter in the House".
Robotribble
Sep 05, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Those who like ghosts and goblins, comic books.
The third (and final?) installment of the Museum of Terror series, it was the most saddening of all. Tomie is, for some reason, absent from all of the short stories, and that upset me greatly. The first story, and a few others, sparked a bit more fear and morbid fascination in me than did in the second book, however, which is why it gets a higher rating. While it's still got a bit of that gorey charm present in the previous two stories, it lacks Tomie, and reads more like a traditional Japanese ...more
Marcel
Mar 20, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: j-horror-manga
The horror fare in this anthology is imaginative, centered-it seems-on one or two vivid, memorable images in each tale. Though the short-story genre is riddled with these gimmicky hooks (as opposed to stories that are well-planned and satisfying throughout rather than centered on a single experiential hook), in the graphic format these images provide substantial foundation around which the exposition quivers uneasily. Tense, fun, indulgent late-night horror reading!
Tyler Banks
Oct 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Out of the entire series, I thought that this one had the weakest stories. There was no central theme this time, so it was just a completely different story without any basic united theme. The stories were ok, with one or two that really stood out (unbearable maze was pretty great). A good way to kill some time randomly, but not something that is that hard to put down.
Sydney
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Story ~ 4/5
Art ~ 4/5
Originality ~ 5/5

Overall ~ 4.3/5

I found this to be a fitting end to the Museum of Terror series, if not a little too long. I found that once the stories got lengthier about halfway in, I started to dislike the stories, though the last two were phenomenal and perhaps my favorites in this volume.
Mikael Kuoppala
Nov 03, 2011 rated it liked it
A somewhat hit and miss collection of short horror stories from master Junji Ito himself. There are many really innovative ideas here, but somehow even the most original ideas have turned into stories that are too easy to forget. The collection is an interesting one, smarter than the average horror outing but still nothing that really stands out.
Sae-chan
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: scanlations
When junji met scary. Does it rhyme? May be not, eh :-)

Suima no heya was my all time favorite. The way the two of them trying to pull the fingers back out was so hillarious.

Yane ura no nagakami was the creepiest. The way the rats entangled in the hair. Yeouw.....

Chichi no kokoro was....sad.

Ryan
Aug 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent collection of short horror stories by Japanese horror-manga master Junji Ito. Definitely one to have if you enjoyed Uzumaki.
Emily Brown
Nov 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
interesting and creepy stories, the first ito comic i've read. can't wait to read more. illustrations are fantastic and scary.
Dr Tealove
Kari
Jan 06, 2014
Melina
Mar 20, 2012
  • The Drifting Classroom, Vol. 8 (The Drifting Classroom)
  • Pet Shop of Horrors, Vol. 6  (Pet Shop of Horrors, #6)
  • Le Portrait de Petite Cossette 1 (Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, #1)
  • Hideout
  • Parasyte, Volume 11
Junji Itō (伊藤潤二) Born in Gifu Prefecture in 1963, he was inspired from a young age by his older sister's drawing and Kazuo Umezu's comics and thus took an interest in drawing horror comics himself. Nevertheless, upon graduation he trained as a dental technician, and until the early 1990s he juggled his dental career with his increasingly successful hobby — even after being selected as the winner o ...more

Museum of Terror (10 books)
  • Museum of Terror, Vol. 1: Tomie 1