Start by marking “The Breast of Everything” as Want to Read:
The Breast of Everything

Read Book

The Breast of Everything

The Revelation won't be televised. It's one thing to say that you hold God in your heart. But what if the body part in question were a little more conspicuous? And what if it started to talk back? Ordinary New Yorker Susan Roth checks into the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for a routine lumpectomy, and checks out with a new bosom buddy. Mam, as her suddenly articu ...more
Published April 26th 2012 by 978-0-9853840-0-5

To ask other readers questions about The Breast of Everything, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Breast of Everything

Madge Patterson
Aug 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My curiosity piqued by the book description and initial reader reviews, I downloaded The Breast of Everything to my kindle and was immediately drawn in. From the opening chapter I was in Susan’s head and seeing through her eyes as she and those around her are transformed by the miracle that is Mam. Ms. Berhon provides a visually rich narrative that sets the scene and creates a mood that makes her characters and their surrounding both familiar and accessible. These are ordinary folks…who could be ...more
Felicia
May 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Very well written and pulls you in. Very different concept. I am not sure how I feel about it in my life personally, but I loved the fact that Mam got the world questioning their beliefs. I like books that question the status quo. The end made me cry (that happens a lot when I read a good book). I am recommending it to my friends. I received this book free from GoodReads First Reads.
Debra
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Debra by: Author
The concept was quite shocking to me, and it took me quite a long time to come to grips with it. The book was very entertaining, and well put together. Fought back tears at the end, at the same time felt uplifted. It's great when a good book can do that for you. I was lucky to have won this book in a Goodreads Giveaway.
Janet Isenberg
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I hesitated for a year to read this book. I felt obliged because Lori is a dear friend. But it turned into a book that I read at all the rude times - out to dinner with my husband and son, on breaks at work - and my eyes were wet at the end. The concept of a talking breast was just too weird, but Mam became a friend and an inspiration. Definitely a must read. You'll love it!
Amanda J. Wood
Oct 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the themes the most and Lori is a descriptive and entertaining writer. As I grew up in Canada and have lived in Europe, I am particulary entertained by the dig at America's puritan, archaic, and ridiculous ban of the human form while not blinking about the violence allowed on those same channels. Well done Lori.
Sue Dubrovich
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The story is very original and thought provoking. The characters were all so wonderful and completely three dimensional. The story was full of surprises and I had no idea where the story would take me next. This was a wonderful journey to take with Susan and Mam.
Mary-Marcia
Kerry
Elna
Lynsey Buchanan
May 21, 2012
Novelist, playwright and sometime-actor Lori Berhon lives in her home town of New York City where, technically, she makes her living writing. She is actually taller, slimmer and far more elegant than she appears to be. While her contemporary fiction is written under her own name, Lori also writes ripping Alternative History yarns under the name Merle Darling.