Start by marking “Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul: Inspirational Stories about Love and Relationships” as Want to Read:

(Chicken Soup for the Soul)

From the creators of the bestselling "Chicken Soup" books comes a new addition to the series that focuses on the universal need to love in 101 true stories about love, commitment, intimacy, family, overcoming obstacles and keeping a relationship alive.
Audiobook, 0 pages
Published January 20th 1999 by Health Communications (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul

Tahera
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this book a couple of years back....beautiful, heartwarming stories full of love 💖.
Shahirah Loqman
I was in need of some real life true love stories that would make me celebrate my relationship with my boyfriend, and I remember coming across this book on one of our first dates, which conveniently was in a bookstore ha! So I picked it up the next time I saw it in MPH Bookstore, and so glad I did! This book is filled with so many wonderful stories of true love, marriages and overcoming life obstacles as a couple. It really did inspire me knowing that no two relationships are the same and we eac ...more
Maria
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think everyone should read this at some stage in their lives. It makes you really believe in love and appreciate what you have. I'll be keeping it close so I can dip back into it when I'm feeling lost.
Nings
Jan 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: couples
"Pesan Terakhir"

Kamar rumah sakit tampak tenang dan remang. Waktu berjalan lamban. Aku melihat saudara2ku duduk membisu memandang ibu yang duduk di samping ranjang ayah, mengenggam dan berbisik lembut pada ayah meskipun ayah tidak sadar. Pagi tadi ayah kami kehilangan kesadaran, setelah bertahun2 menahan penderitaan karena penyakit yang tak bisa disembuhkan. Kami tahu ajalnya sudah dekat.
Ibu berhenti bicara pada ayah, ia lalu memandang cincin2 di jarinya sambil tersenyum. Aku tahu ibu sedang mem
Melissa
Apr 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I am currently not considered part of a couple. But I once was, so I feel qualified to review this book. Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul is all about relationships. Filled with short stories, it is meant to inspire and move you.

This book was filled with short stories over a variety of topics involving couples. These topics include: Love & Intimacy, Finding True Love, On Commitment, Understanding Each Other, Overcoming Obstacles, On Family, The Flame That Still Burns, & Eternal Love. S
Jan Leslie
I read this book hoping for some uplifting love stories that would want us to just sigh and dream. But alas, most stories were depressing! I didn't want to read about death and separation. I wanted the in-betweens of the happily ever after and the till death do us part. But overall, this was a nice little something for some light reading. :)
Airi
Sep 19, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Why have I read this even though I've never been part of a couple? Because deep down, I'm a hopeless romantic.
Oscar O
May 01, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok, so I'm gonna get a lot of flak for adding this to my collection (being a male and all)....But, what can I say? I'm a sucker for love stories and this one has plenty!
Heather
What can I say? I'm a sucker for the "Sap Factor" of these books. Sigh...
Brittany Parks
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I started this book after I read "Looking for Alaska."I have not finished it yet but I knew that this would be a good book to choose because these books generally have inspirational poems or songs that move the reader. I have read a lot of these books and I am always moved by poems people have written so I knew this would fit the criteria needed for the Reading Portfolio well. I am still in the process of reading it but pick it up every now and then for a few quick stories. These books are alway ...more
Soni Watts❤
If you are looking for inspiring romantic stories, look no further! I could not get enough! Not only were the stories very well written, but I found that they were very relateable. This book put me in a place where I was truly able to self reflect and uncover true appreciation for the beautiful love I have in my life. I truly feel that for these Chicken Soup books, that is the kind of emotion the authors initially wanted to evoke in their readers, and they did a fabulous job of doing just that.
Lisa
Apr 02, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read several books in this series and enjoy them. Some of the stories are better than others, but there is definitely inspiration within the book. The books are just relaxing, easy reads, and most of the stories are short, so it is easy to put down and go back to.
Aruna A
Jul 27, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I usually love the chicken soup series..it makes me think, cry and rejoice. That was not the case for this one. It just made me depressed and listless. Too many stories of death and tragedy left me feeling disturbed rather than happy.
Cynthia  Sanders
I enjoy the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, but this one didn't seem to have the "spark" to it I just wasn't left with the inspirational uplift I have gotten from the others. Perhaps the previous ones left me with higher expectations for this one. Cjs
Julia Schulz
A couple of really nice stories in here. Though, most of them were not well written, and being an early edition of Chicken Soup, most are antiquated.
Maia
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved the range and collection of stories!
Most of the stories made me cry!
Only drawback, it got a bit monotonous as it reached the end!
Micke Sandlin
Som alla de olika "Chicken soup-böckerna" en bok full av berättelser men här om kärlek. Ojämn nivå på texterna gör att det blir en 3:a.
Ненад Јованов
Why isn't Barbara De Angelis' name written as an author, too ???
Rebecca Cecil
Jan 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THESE STORIES LET US KNOW AS A COUPLE WE ALL HAVE ISSUES, AND LOVE AND WE ALL NEED GOD IN THE MIDST OF OUR RELATIONSHIPS. LOVE THE STORIES AND AS A MARRIED COUPLE I CAN RELATE TO A LOT OF THEM.
Suzanne Meek
Some stories touch your heart. Great to read 1-2 a day for reflection.
Hayley Shaver
This book of stories just for couples is very special. They'll make you laugh, tear up, and make you realize just how special loved ones are. If you are in a relationship or have been, this is the book for you.
Kristin
I read this book simply because it is a Chicken Soup book, and I enjoy the brevity of the stories in this series for my workouts at the gym. Otherwise, the subject matter isn't terribly relevant to me, as I've yet to find the man of my dreams, but the happy couples here give me hope that he is out there. Having just lost my maternal grandparents and my mother within the last 2 years, I did enjoy reading the stories and picturing either my parents or grandparents as the main characters. It has be ...more
Alejandra Ramirez
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I recommend this book to all the couples out there that love to hear other couples stories. I honestly don't like to hear other couples problems, but this book twist the stories around and makes them more interesting. It just something about the love life should know. It has poem for you to read also many amazing loving stories about couples and married people.

This book has to many characters to name it would be impossible to name them all. Because there is to many people out there that share
Sha
Aug 31, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who wants to read a relatively heart-wrenching romantic fiction book.
1) Some stories were really cute but unfortunately most of them were moderately depressing since a lot of them were about losing a loved one.

2) I was also under the impression that this was going to be a Christian book as the Chick Soup Series is sold in a lot of Christian Bookstores. However, some of the stories inferred that the people had other religious views. So, just so everyone is clear this is not a strictly Christian worldview book.

3) Most importantly, I gave the book two stars becaus
Mistydawn Thrash
Aug 24, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The irony of this book is that I received it over ten years ago as a gift as a newlywed. It's traveled from boxes to closets and when it was pulled out again to be perused by yours truly, I was on my way to get married again.

I flipped the initial pages with a chuckle but was soon depressed in seconds. This book is supposed to represent eternal love and growth as a couple but most of the stories are that of death. Some stories are well written with an artistic flair but most stories are written
Kristin
Nov 09, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
-I did not really care for the stories, to be honest. Most of them were depressing and about losing someone.
-The Eternal Love section was awful and it wasn't a nice way to conclude the book. Here are the first sentences of two of the stories :
"Gretchen and her husband, Fred, had had a long and happy marriage, but Fred had recently died."
"Death lay heavy on Sarah."
OK...

-Most of the stories were not romantic or inspiring.
+The stories I did like: 'My Sergei' about ice skaters Ekaterina Gordeeva and
Publisher: HCI
How many pages: 350 pgs
How long it took me to read: 8 days
Category: non fiction
I learned about this book from: the others in the series

This book was purchased at: G Books
This book is: for anyone who likes a little awwww in their day
Other books by this author: Other Chicken soup books
Favorite characters: n/a
Least favorite Characters: n/a
When and Where the story takes place: n/a
Plot in a nutshell: This is a co
Joanna Cabot
I enjoyed this book for the most part---I enjoy this genre and have fond memories of reading my mother's paper copies as a teenager, so I was thrilled to pick some up for cheap in a Kindle sale. I found the book fell a little short for me; there were enough typos and editing issues to distract me, for one thing. And, as I often find with anthologies, some of the stories were fantastic and others were dreadful. I like the first-person ones best because they seem less contrived and made-up. I felt ...more
Keisha Montoya (keisha_reads)
Chicken Soup for the Soul are my standard go to easy/take your time read. I really enjoy that I can read the stories at my own pace. I never feel like I'm in a rush since there are not really chapters to finish. There are always great stories in each book that give you unique outlooks on other peoples lives, and make you appreciate what you have in yours. I will forever be a Chicken Soup for the Soul fan, keep them coming!!
Dhwani Swadia
Mar 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, read-in-2016
Read full review here: https://thereandtheir.com/2016/05/10/...

I have read a couple of other chicken soups, this book somehow did not live up to those. While some of the stories were heartwarming like ‘My Sergei’. But sadly not all stories in this book are true ones and some are quite hard to believe. This book lacks the brevity of the chicken soup series that I have been accustomed to.

• Mars and Venus in Love: Inspiring and Heartfelt Stories of Relationships That Work
  • Hadiah Terindah (Chicken Soup for the Soul Graphic Novel, #1)
  • Andy's Corner: Kumpulan Curahan Hati Andy F. Noya
  • Chocolate for a Woman's Soul: 77 Stories to Feed Your Spirit and Warm Your Heart
  • Chicken Soup
  • Moments Together for Couples: Devotions for Drawing Near to God and One Another
  • Love Life for Every Married Couple: How to Fall in Love and Stay in Love
  • Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled?: A 3-Step Program to: Beat Hormone Havoc, Restore Thyroid, Adrenal, and Reproductive Balance, and Feel Better Fast!
  • Setengah Isi Setengah Kosong "Half Full Half Empty"
  • Woman Power: Transform Your Man, Your Marriage, Your Life
  • Ganti Hati
  • Tired of Trying to Measure Up
  • Living Well with Hypothyroidism: What Your Doctor Doesn't Tell You... That You Need to Know
  • Iodine : Why You Need It, Why You Can't Live Without It
  • Boys Will Put You on a Pedestal (So They Can Look Up Your Skirt): A Dad's Advice for Daughters
  • The Complete Idiot's Guide to World Religions
  • You Can Be Right or You Can Be Married: Love-Based Solutions for Couples
  • Notes on Love and Courage

Canfield received a BA in Chi

Chicken Soup for the Soul (1 - 10 of 49 books)
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul
  • Chicken Soup Unsinkable Soul (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul at Work
  • Chicken Soup for the Scrapbooker's Soul
  • A Chicken Soup for the Soul Christmas
  • A Second Chicken Soup For The Woman's Soul (Chicken Soup For The Soul Series)
  • A Cup of Chicken Soup for the Soul
  • Condensed Chicken Soup for the Soul
  • A 6th Bowl of Chicken Soup for the Soul
  • Chicken Soup For The Soul : Think Positive
“You never lose by loving, you lose by holding back.” 78 likes
“Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible—it cannot be seen or measured— yet is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession ever could.” 3 likes