Start by marking “Wheels” as Want to Read:
Wheels

Wheels

Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover edition
ASIN: B007RGPGH2

For McKenzie Wu, discovering she has a superpower is anything but super! Molecules rearrange themselves to suit her slightest wish, but only at the most inconvenient times. If that weren't enough, she’s been dreaming about an accident; one she’s had no memory of until now and, if true, means McKenzie is re
Published April 3rd 2012 (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Wheels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wheels

Beth
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Wheels is one of the most imaginative books I have ever read. The world-building here is phenomenal, with attention to every detail, alien names for alien things, and not one but two entirely imagined races. It's clear that Lorijo Metz was drawn into the world she was creating. And to be honest, I was as well.

She addresses a lot of things that aren't often put in books:

The main character is female, and disabled, and a sports star.
The main female and male characters are bound by friendship and a
Anna
May 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult
Full review and author interview posted here: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/...

The world building and imagination that went into the creation of this book is astounding. The author creates a whole new planet with two alien races and a whole host of colourful characters! There are alien foods, alien sports, alien foliage, alien customs and even an alien religion. The aliens believe in the Great Creator who, instead of living in the sky, lives in the Lapis Sea. They call their creator 'Conc
Kimberly
This was another one of those surprisingly good reads that I've been encountering more and more frequently lately and I absolutely love that. Nothing is better than going into a book interested and curious then finding out that you're enjoying a book more than you thought you might.

What impressed me the most about Wheels was the extreme amount of details that the author Lorijo Metz was able to incorporate into her novel. Since this is a sci-fi novel I knew going into it that there would be a fai
Priya
Nov 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've really only got one thing to say: I'm completely wowed. The summary seemed promising and the book completely satisfied my expectations. It is a quick, humourous, action-packed read, and I loved it in spite of the fact that I'm not the biggest fan of science fiction. The only problem I had with the book was the editing (or the noticeable lack thereof.) That's something that can really turn me off a book and I wish there were no overlooked errors.

That being said, this is one of the most innov
Annie Fyfe
After being sent to the principal’s office, McKenzie Wu is snooping where she shouldn’t be and the next thing she knows she is being sent on a whirlwind adventure involving some long lost ancestors of hers.
I thought this was a very enjoyable read. The beginning was a little tough, I had trouble figuring out what was going on and who thee characters were and a lot was happening very fast. But once I got into the meat of the story I really stared enjoying it. I wasn’t a huge fan of the interviews
Darlene
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Kimberly Boehm, Yvensong, Cheryl in CC NV, Ralph, S. Michele Smith, Tom Smith, Chris
Recommended to Darlene by: Kindle freeby followed by Tweet from Ms. Metz
What a wonderful book. I do hope there will be more in this series. It was a delightful universe that Lorijo Metz created. It was superb that Ms. Metz could bring in wheelchair bound high schooler and make her the savior of a planet. A couple planets, really. And not only was the handicapped girl more than capable, she fit in with a gusto! Because of all of this, and especially the world building, this may be my most favorite book ever. It may equal or surpass Tangleshock by Steve Games.

I think
Emily (Heinlen) Davis
While it doesn't usually bode well when the author has to provide a disclaimer at the beginning of the book so that readers don't get confused, I just loved this book. I thought that the writing was great and the story excellent. It just sucked you in right away and wouldn't let you go! I highly recommend it.
Stephy-jay
Jul 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Ok This book has such an amazing story! I loved the different yet similar language the Circanthian's used! The characters are totally likeable! A great read! :-) (-:
Carmen
Aug 19, 2012 marked it as to-read
Sounds intriguing. Sci-fi.
Shawn Wickersheim
A truly good and entertaining YA sci-fi with some of the most imaginable world-building I've read in a long time. The main character is a 14yr old handicapped/wheel-chair bound basketball star who is smart and witty and yet flawed in such an interesting way. I enjoyed the author's deft, light-hearted and humorous writing style and I look forward to reading her next sci-fi/fantasy novel.

Allen
Aug 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: proofed
An interesting Sci-Fi story weaving H. G. Wells' time machine into the plot. Unfortunately I detected 6 errors, half of them homonyms which keeps this book out of the 5 star category for me. I can forward the errors to the author upon request.
Traci
May 14, 2012
Les
rated it it was ok
Oct 05, 2012
Lorijo Metz lives with her husband and little brown dog in the great state of Indiana. Though she has a degree in acting and directing, she much prefers the anonymity of the keyboard, allowing her characters to revel in the spotlight while she sits quietly sipping tea or coffee, nibbling on cookies, and dreaming up ways to complicate their lives.

WHEELS, Lorijo's middle-grade, Science Fiction, Adv