Start by marking “Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)

Destroy Me

(Shatter Me #1.5)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  64,241 ratings  ·  6,586 reviews
Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafis Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warnerand then
Published October 2nd 2012 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Destroy Me, please sign up.
Riley You don't need to read this in order to read the next one, it is just a novella. And the order of the entire series, including the two novellas is:

#1…more

#1 Shatter me
#1.5 (Novella) Destroy me
#2 Unravel me
#2.5 (Novella) Fracture me
#3 Ignite me(less)

·  64,241 ratings  ·  6,586 reviews

Start your review of Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
Christine Riccio
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DAMNIT WARNER. couldn't put this novella down... THAT NEVER HAPPENS WITH NOVELLAS.
The Burning Rose (Jess)
5/5 heartbreaking stars.
This novella is a must-read for anyone reading the series.
While reading, you may feel how much you cannot contain Warner's feelings. This person is a mess of disappointment, bad influence, abuse and anger from the world around him. So much pain, shame, hatred- all in a 19 year-old boy. Many readers hated Warner in the first book. I wasnt. I knew -felt- how many walls were around him, walls he had built. I noticed that his behavior was a red light. In this novella you see
Lucille
Update 06-19-15: Tahereh Mafi has just announced that Shatter Me is going to be a tv show! OHMYGOD. I have so many feels! We are finally going to see a physical manifestation of Warner! WHY ISN'T EVERYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT?!

It would be a huge mistake if they don't cast Hunter Parrish because he looks perfect as Warner!

-----

SHE WILL CHOOSE ME.

October 16, 2012! I watched Tahereh Mafi's video of this saying that Destroy Me is written EXCLUSIVELY from Warner's point of view!

Tahereh Mafi, you've
Lola
*3.5 stars*

description

Possibly, the reason why I am not loving this as much as everyone else even though I still enjoyed it is because Ive finished the Shatter Me trilogy weeks ago and only now decided to pick this #1.5 novella up.

It may not have been the most intelligent thing to do, but, in my defence, novellas are not my favorite types of reads and I prefer to leave them be, so they dont risk ruining characters orsome scenes for me. Like it happened somehow with Roar and Liv

This was good though. Not
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of bad boys with a softer side
...from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner.

But I don't hate Warner. I looove him.

I didn't thought I could possibly love Warner more but I was wrong. My God,he is such a sweetheart. That scene with the dog killed me. I recently saw Equilibrium and something similar happened over there.

I don't usually rate novellas/short stories but in this case I will make an exception.

Full review to come.
Ninoska Goris
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
English - Español

In Shatter Me Juliette seduced and then wounded Warner with his own weapon to escape and help Adam, but Warner is still obsessed with her.

For people who do not like spoilers, I suggest to leave this supplementary book to the end because it gives way too much information. It is written from Warner's point of view and for me it is as wonderful as I thought.

✨✨✨

En Shatter Me Juliette sedujo y luego hirió con su propia arma a Warner para escapar y ayudar a Adam, pero Warner aun esta
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

Re-Read : (13/02/2018)

I love Warner so much !, I've possibly already mentioned in my old review down here, but I'll say it again. This book is so necessary if you're reading the Shatter Me trilogy, I think that will give you a new perspective of Warner and his personal story, you can't miss this one, of course it's a 5/5 Stars for me, always

description

Original Review: (26/06/2016)

I almost forget that she still hates me, despite how hard I've fallen for her.
And I've fallen.
I've hit the ground.
Regan
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
I honestly i thought i was with Adam all the way. But reading this has completely changed my perspective on everything, i am so TORN. I cannot wait to read unravel me now..

Also the new perspective was refreshing an allowed more insight on what was happened. I almost cried twice when i found out various truths while reading this..
C.G. Drews
This is actually so so important to the series?! And I'm mAD. I should've read it years ago! But I always feel like novella are "oh you can read it or not it doesn't matter"...but this one is a "YOU GOTTA READ IT AND UNDERSTAND WARNER." So I hereby say: I think Shatter Me should've been dual narrated between Warner and Juliette! heh. It would've made him seem like slightly a less creepy controlling sadistic cauliflower patch.

Although tbh his obsession with Juliette is still creepy. When a girl
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Warning: Do not read if you didn't read "Shatter Me" and don't want to be spoiled?! *lol*

I'm not quite sure if an additional short story to a series can really spoil you, but I thought I might warn you just in case! ;-P
But then again the only people who will read this will be people who loved the series so umm.... We're good?! *lol*

Anywayyyyyyy!

First of all: I already liked Warner in Shatter me and to read his POV in Destroy me only caused me to love him even more! XD

I L.O.V.E. Warner and I want
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

Sometimes I wish I could step outside of myself for a while.
I want to leave this worn body behind, but my chains are too many, my weights too heavy.
This life is all thats left of me.
And I know I wont be able to meet myself in the mirror for the rest of the day.

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is a novella in Warners point of view where we see whats going on in his mind after Juliette shot him. We get to meet Warners dad who is the real monster in the family.
We see Warners true and deep feelings for
Saniya
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: WARNER FANS.
Shelves: favorites
UPDATE! FUCKINGAWESOME UPDATE!♥
Official BOOK TRAILER and an excerpt of this book.^
Lets just say, I died after watching the trailer. Like.seriously. <.<
My reaction: OMG OMG OMG! DYYIINNG, DYYYYIIINNG! EEEE! AAAHH! OMG! ♥__♥
Warner is good, not great, and love when the soldiers and all are there. It just looks so real. I want the freaking movie. :(

Me right now.^
Oh. Lord. I think I am in Heaven.
My mind is still processing what I have just read.
After
Booknut
Everyone! Quick! IT'S A BOOK FULL OF WARNER AWESOMENESS!!

This book is amazing. Poor Warner - he's feelings for Juliette are so beautiful (and often screwed up, but who doesn't love a good-looking and witty psychopath, eh?!!). He's all like:

And I'm like:

And I still am. Yeah, Adam is a winner (no arguing there) but Warner has my heart! As does Kenji, the brilliant and foul-mouthed lad he is :D

So let us have a moment to appreciate the genius that is Tahereh Mafi...

Can't wait for Unravel
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡
❥ 4 / 5 stars

Im sorry I misunderstood you, Warner. Im sorry that I thought you were a monster. And Im so sorry for not realizing that there is always a reason behind every action and of course, you had your own reasons for your actions.

This novella might not make me completely team Warner (because Im team no one at this moment.) but it made me understand him much better and I might like him a little bit more now.

Shatter Me (#1) : review
Destroy me (#1.5) : review
Unravel Me (#2) : review
Ignite Me
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4.25 SHE WILL CHOOSE ME. ★'s

Watching her talk to someone else made me crazy. I was jealous. Ridiculous. I wanted her to know me; I wanted her to talk to me. And I felt it then: this strange, inexplicable sense that she might be the only person in the world I could really care about.

I can't believe I did not read this before now! In all honesty, I usually don't enjoy these short filler story's all that much. They usually bore me, there for I usually just skip them unless, I want a quick read. I
Soumi
Update : 03/10/2012, my psycho lover has blow me away, making my lips trembling and anchoring a dull ache in my heart. Of Warner.....I love you. Review to come

Update : 6/26/2012 : I'm disappointed on the cover, I really had high expectation to see Warner on the cover :/

What???????? Perspective of Warner..Fuck yeah. I want this right now...my psycho lover Warner, here I come.
Mariah Rossebo
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WARNER MY LOVE.

***Contains Spoilers***

I HAVE NEVER READ A NOVELLA SO QUICKLY AND INTENSELY LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE.

The whole entire 109 pages were from Warner's point of view and made me love him more than I already do. And he thinks about Juliette a ton, which may sound a bit obsessive, but it still makes me all happy inside. The ways in which he thinks about her though are so, like, I can't even put it into words. Even though Juliette hates him, I still ship her and Warner together.

That this girl
*.) Reveal Me [★★★]
6.) Imagine Me [ON TBR]

-----------------------------------------------

2019 - still shook at the difference between this warner and shatter me warner

original review - I really didn't know how Mafi was going to convince me to like Warner, but alas, she's done it. I don't like him, I just kind of understand him now, which I really
Angelica
Warner, my baby, you deserve so much happiness in this world!
Christy
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
4 stars
Love is a heartless bastard. Im driving myself insane.

After reading Destroy Me, I am completely softened to Warner. I wasnt sure if I would like him, but there was something in the first book that intrigued me. After reading this, I can most definitely say I understand him much better and I truly do like him. Warner isnt perfect, but hes not the man I thought he was. Hes so much more. I loved being in his head and seeing his thoughts about Juliette, and his relationship with his dad. I
Claudia Ramírez
Yes Warner, yes, I will marry you.

I really liked this novella, and I'm glad I read it after Ignite Me, because I was discovering these great things about Warner at the same time Juliette was <3. And I just knew it! I knew Warner had so much more inside of him and this just made me love him more if that's even possible.
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Love is a heartless bastard.

This book definitely intrigued me. Being able to see the world through Warners eyes was not at all what I thought it would be. The world sees him as a detached, heartless, cruel, and obsessed monster when the truth is much more complicated than that. His life is a deadly chess game and the playing board is a landmine.

Juliette turned his life upside down but also gave it meaning and hope. Shes his saving grace. And she sees him as a monster... which sucks.

I almost
Ari
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shorty
Oh, my dear Warner, I love you so much it hurts. (4.5 stars)

I saw right through him.
You see, I love it when my heart is right.. and right now it still loves Warner to pieces.
Yes, hes the bad guy.
No, he doesnt need to convince me otherwise.

If I liked this amazing and complex character in Shatter Me, well now I feel like Ive been bewitched by him, his dark mind, his fears, and his struggle. I repeat, Warner is not a good person, the world didnt make him good, the world was not good to him
Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Reread.
Some days I wonder why I insist on keeping myself alive...
I will give no one the satisfaction of my death.

So i am a huge Warner fan and this book was a sweet sweet treat! This explains his beyond creepy behavior in Shatter Me. Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with him being creepy and evil but it was still fun seeing his vulnerable side. I mean, come on! Who doesn't want to know what goes on in that psychopathic head of his?

"This girl is destroying me. A girl who has spent the
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
 photo giphy_zps1aunpcv9.gif

God damnit Warner, you little bastard. Why'd you have to go and make me like you?

I almost forget that she still hates me, despite how hard I've fallen for her.
And I've fallen.
So hard.
I've hit the ground. Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.
And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible,
☼ ☄︎ Anneli✩ ☽
Destroy me
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wow, I was not expecting it to actually destroy me. Give me the boy with a devastating past and a crushed soul!
Anne
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anne by: TO PEOPLE WHO HATE WARNER. MORE FOR ME
THIS IS NOT A REVIEW. THIS IS A STORY. A TRAGEDY.
Years ago when I was only but a young - and fairly impressionable too, fairly- girl, I met a boy. Dark and beautiful he was, intense too, and I unwittingly fell in love with him. Abominably madly, completely in love with him. That chapter of my life's been over for almost 4 years now, almost 4 years the story's been over, and still I can't forget him. I never will.

Reread. Again: Jan 31st/2016.
Every time I reread this, I become more and
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, z2016, ya, novella
I love Warner, he is adorable. Getting to see that there was a whole different side to him was good. I loved plain old evil Warner but knowing Warner has another side to him made me love him even more. I do believe that he loves Juliette and I want them to be together because they're actually exciting. Warner is my favourite character and he's the main reason why I love this series as much as I do.

I preferred the writing in this because Warner's POV isn't as annoying as Juliette's but I still
Jessica
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reread Feb 2017 -- 4/5 stars after rereading it

First Read June 2014 This is a first. I just gave this novella 5/5, but it's prequel (the 1st book in the series) a 4/5. So weird.

Really excited for book 2!

• The Queen of Nothing (The Folk of the Air, #3)
  • The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • The Lost Sisters (The Folk of the Air, #1.5)
  • The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
  • Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • A Curse So Dark and Lonely (Cursebreakers, #1)
  • Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3)
  • A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Shadow and Bone (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • Finale (Caraval, #3)
  • A Court of Frost and Starlight (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3.1)
  • House of Earth and Blood (Crescent City, #1)
  • A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
  • Chain of Gold (The Last Hours, #1)
  • Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
  • Ricochet (Addicted, #1.5)
Tahereh Mafi is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Shatter Me series. She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Santa Monica, California with her husband, fellow author Ransom Riggs. She can usually be found over-caffeinated and stuck in a book. Shatter Me is her first series, with television rights optioned by ABC Signature Studios; ...more

Shatter Me (6 books)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)
  • Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)
  • Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6)