Start by marking “Chiens perdus et coeurs solitaires” as Want to Read:
Chiens perdus et coeurs solitaires

Chiens perdus et coeurs solitaires

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  4,127 Ratings  ·  459 Reviews
Le sort semble s’acharner sur Rachel Fielding. En l’espace de quelques jours, cette jeune Londonienne de 39 ans découvre ses premiers cheveux blancs, perd son travail, son appartement et se fait plaquer par son petit ami !
D’autres auraient sombré. Rachel n’en a pas le temps. Elle apprend dans la foulée qu’en mourant son excentrique tante Dot vient de lui léguer un refuge c
Published November 2nd 2011 by L'Archipel (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Chiens perdus et coeurs solitaires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chiens perdus et coeurs solitaires

Tanja (Tanychy) St. Delphi
This is one really sweet and readable story, so 4 stars from me. Just for the record I'm not chick-lit fan at all, so when I give it 4 stars it's really good. Besides I'm dog-lover so I couldn't give it any less. I guess people who like sweet, chick-lit stories will love this one.

This is story about people who try to live their everyday life, but they still don't know that their lives will be changed. It's about women, Rachel, in here late 30's who loses everything and gets everything in the sa
Chloe
Dec 04, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel is a bit horrified when she finds out that her Aunt Dot has died and left her entire estate to her. Dot’s legacy is a boarding kennels in the middle of nowhere, a huge house and a lot of debts to go with it, and Rachel doesn’t much fancy moving and becoming at one with the dogs and their owners. However, when she arrives, she finds the people are nice folk with hearts of gold, and that the dogs quickly grow on you as well. Rachel soon begins to make friends with George, the dishy local ve ...more
Rosie
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
** 3,5 estrelas **

Por vezes uma situação drástica na nossa vida é que nos salva e afinal aquilo que temos como certo acaba por ser demasiado redutor, insípido, insuficiente e superficial, a ponto de se tornar gritante a mudança. Há que ter o arrojo para deixar de se apiedar de si próprio e ir ao encontro de algo mais substancial, mais honesto, mais rico em emoções que nos enchem e preenchem a alma.

O livro trata disso mesmo, de recomeços, tendo como pano de fundo os ditos corações sem dono, cãe
Melodie
Nov 09, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The world of canine rescue is the foundation for this sweet story. There are three main vignettes with some minor characters revolving around them. A couple dealing with infertility, a divorced mom of two with the ex from hell and all the attendant heartache and a single career woman, suddenly finding herself without a job.
All find each other when they become involved with a local rescue kennel. Friendships aren't immediate but start slowly, with each so absorbed with their issues that they ca
Blodeuedd Finland
I am a bit torn. I liked it, but at the same time it felt...well I just did not really connect. Maybe the book was just ok after all. Or ok bordering on good.

Rachel is the main character as it is she who inherits a house and a kennel. And she does not like dogs. And she spent her 30s on a man who dumped her. But as we get to know her the book becomes about 2 other women too.

Zoe who has an idiot ex husband, who gives the boy a puppy and leaves it to Zoe to care for it.

Natalie and Johnny who is tr
Tânia
Jan 25, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dog lovers
“Until one has loved an animal a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.” - Anatole France

What a pleasant, nostalgic read! These lost dogs were the perfect companionship to my lonely heart and they totally stole the show. Don’t get me wrong, I love’em crazy, independent felines, but I’ll always be a dog person at heart.

Oh yes, it’s a slow burner but those are often the best because somewhere along the line you get caught up in the story and you don’t let go till it’s finished. For me it was when
Monika
Dec 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I hur många år som helst nu (känns det som) har jag hört talas om denna Lucy Dillon och om hur mysiga hennes böcker är. Av någon anledning så har jag ändå inte läst den här boken, som stått i hyllan i nästan tre år. Nu blev det äntligen dags, efter att jag satt upp den på boktolvan. Läs mer på min blogg.
Nessa
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love this author, as I always know that when a read one of Lucy's books, I know that I'm in for a treat.

I loved getting to know all of the different characters and there own individual stories which you get to discover as you progress through the book.

If you haven't read a her books before, then I highly recommend that you do.
Linda
Mar 20, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one, sadly.
Woman goes to take over dead aunt's dog rescue legacy, woman meets dog, woman meets vet. Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts is well-written and incredibly predictable - which isn't terrible, in a book that is meant to be tear-jerkingly heartwarming. People who like dogs and love stories will inevitably enjoy this.

However, the nature of the mystery at the core of the book -- why her aunt lived as she did -- makes me see red. (view spoiler)
Maria
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um livro fofinho tal como demonstra a capa. Com muitos cãezinhos e muitos momentos amorosos, ideais para sonhar com finais felizes. Não é o meu favorito de todos os tempos mas é uma leitura agradável e descontrarida
Melanie Mole
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
What a genuinely lovely book this is.

I hadn't read any of Lucy Dillon's books before, but I will now!

The story centres around Rachel who inherits a large house, kennels, friends, and the responsibility for her rescue dogs from Dot, her unusual aunt.

Prior to this Rachel had only know the trendy London scene where her job in PR, her interest in fashion, and hours spent networking left little room for anything else, except the odd evening spent with a man who turns out to be married.

After her mov
Valen
Oct 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-read-again
I L.O.V.E. this book!!! It's cute, it's quirky, it's funny, it's real; it's the kind of book that tugs at your heartstrings and with all the D.O.G.S. involve, it's just plain amazing!

First character we meet is Rachel. She just inherited her Aunt Dot's estate where a kennel is included along with rescued dogs. She just got out from a bad relationship and lost her job at the same time.

Rachel had a 10-year relationship with her married boss, Oliver, who in my opinion tricked her into having a r
Tania
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Um livro apaixonante que junta a história de uma londrina solteirona, a recente divorciada e mãe de 2 filhos, um casal desesperado por ter um bebé, um veterinário grosseirão e o médico giraço da aldeia, em volta de uma herança que inclui um canil de boxes cheias e cofres vazios.

Todas estas personagens, e muitas outras, vão-se unir em prol de fazer os pares mais perfeitos: o cão abandonado e o seu novo humano ideal, com muita emoção e romance à mistura.
Cata
Apr 18, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013, blog-ring
Corações Sem Dono é o meu livro de estreia com Lucy Dillon.

Apesar de não me ter deixado fã, foi um livro muito agradável de se ler. É um livro que contém várias histórias pessoais que se interligam por causa dos cães e que enfatiza o quão bons companheiros estes podem ser em troca de um pouco de amor, carinho e atenção. É bastante interessante ver acompanhar a evolução das personagens e a maneira como enfrentam os dissabores da vida na companhia do ‘melhor amigo do homem’. Além disso Lucy Dillon
Mafi
Aug 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pt, emprestados, blogring, 2012
Desde que este livro saiu no ano passado que tive curiosidade em lê-lo! Adoro animais domésticos e gosto principalmente de ler sobre relações entre humanos e animais e lendo a sinopse este livro pareceu-me o ideal. Digo já que a sinopse engana um bocado pois eu estava à espera de o livro se focar apenas na Rachel, uma mulher trintona que se vê sozinha a gerir um canil e uma casa cheia de dívidas, ambos deixados pela sua tia Dorothy, uma grande admiradora de cães. O livro não é apenas isto, é mui ...more
Sandra Bašić
Dec 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel nasljeđuje kuću od svoje krsne kume, tete Dot, zajedno sa prihvatilištem za pse. U nasljedstvo dobija i Gema, škotskog ovčara, s kojim uopće ne zna što bi radila. Kad prvi put posjećuje kuću, upoznajući se sa Megan, šeficom prihvatilišta, prisiljena je razgledati boksove sa psima, nakon čega njena crna dizajnerska suknja postaje najobičniji dlakavi komad odjeće, kojeg će dati očistiti u kemijskoj čistionici, ako bude imala sreće.

Mjesni veterinar George jedva čeka da bivšu službenicu u age
Lilyth
Mi dispiace dare solo tre stelline a questo libro che, per il tema affrontato, ne meriterebbe cinque ma purtroppo non mi ha convinto fino in fondo. Alcuni refusi, non troppo gravi, ma comunque fastidiosi e alcune scelte nella traduzione hanno reso, secondo me, poco scorrevole questo libro.
La storia ruota attorno ai tentativi di Rachel, neo proprietaria di un canile ereditato dalla zia Dot, e di Megan la sua dipendente di trovare una nuova casa ai cani abbandonati e la star del canile è Bertie i
Lisa
Dec 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent feel good book that will renew all your faith in romance and love!

Rachel, nearly 40, and fresh out of a long relationship as mistress to the love of her life, has come to the country to sort out her inheritance from Aunt, a dogs home!!
Just wanting to pay the tax and run with the rest to sort out her complicated life, Rachel finds herself not only getting involved with the rehoming of such delightful doggies as Bertie the Basset Hound and Lulu the Poodle, but with the locals too...an
Sanhita
I am a dog lover, so the title attracted me instantly.
The book talks about a dog rescue and re-homing place and does a wonderful job of it. I loved reading about the various breeds of dogs and their behaviour and how they are paired up with new owners rather how they select their owners. The interview with the author at the end of the book was an interesting reading.
I must admit that I could relate and enjoy a lot the Lost Dog part of the book, the Lonely Hearts part made an average reading.
The
Aleviuss
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I chose to read this book because I love dogs and I thought this would mostly be about dogs and theire destinies.. It started well but in the middel I feelt like it was a Kinsella novel and to my suprice it concentrated on..Children! 3 different women.

1 has children and find it difficult.

2. waaaants children sooo much but cant get pregnet and is obsessed about getting pregnet.

3. dosent want children but gets knocked-up anyway.

No I didnt like the outcome of this book and got very disappointed.
I
Lene69
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Definitely not my cup of tea. I found it boring, too sentimental and too predictable.
Jayme(the ghost reader)
I loved this book. Rachel inherits her aunt's house and dog rescue after she loses her job, her boyfriend and her apartment. She has nothing more to lose. As she figures out what to do with the rescue, she has a fresh start rehoming dogs to the right owner and hopefully finding some romance of her own. I loved all the dogs in this book and the main characters felt like real people.
Gabriella Kjeilen
Älskar alltid Lucy Dillons böcker, och det här var inget undantag!
Meowpoff Moony
I would have liked to get to know more of the dogs and it felt a little rushed. But, i liked it even though it went a little too fast for my liking.
Johanna Juntunen
Mar 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Ihana herttainen harmiton romanttinen kirja jossa oli onnellinen loppu niin ihmisillä kuin eläimilläkin. :)
Tempo de Ler
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review: http://tempodler.blogspot.pt/search/l...

Um excelente livro, não só para quem gosta de animais mas simplesmente para quem gosta de ler!

É certo que a história começa por se desenrolar de forma bastante lenta, mas quando Dillon encontra o seu ritmo o livro torna-se encantador, seguindo numa passada agradável. A familiaridade com as personagens também é difícil de adquirir de início já que somos apresentados a diversas figuras aparentemente aleatórias,
Jessica (novelcravings)
If you need a happy ending, laughter inducing, doggy loving sort of story I highly recommend you try Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts.

What a well told, heart-warming story! I wasn't sure in beginning, but it quickly became the story I was hoping for. The one you reread on a rainy day when you need a pick me up. Something easy but fulfilling. The best part was that I listened to it as an audio. If I had started reading a physical copy, I would have picked up from the lingo that it took place in Engla
Benedikte
Feb 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rachel mister sit job og sin kæreste gennem 10 år. Da hun står midt i krisen arver hun et hundeinternat efter sin moster – og Rachel er slet ikke hundemenneske! Hvad skal hun med et sådant internat, hvad skal hun gøre med sit liv, og hvordan kommer hun videre? Måske er der alligevel meget hun skal lære om sig selv og hvad hun egentlig ønsker og vil…

Jeg smilede igennem store dele af bogen, ligesom dens meget følsomme beskrivelser af hundene og deres situationer kunne få mit til at knibe en tåre.
Rea Cobb
May 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts is the first book I have read by Lucy Dillon. I was given this book to read by a client and on first glimpse I liked the look of the book, girly pink and white with glitter snow balls on the front. It looks like your typical chic lit book and then came the title of the book and this put me off. I am not really what you would call your typical animal lover and I would defiantly not put a book about dogs on the top of my to read list. All this aside I had run out of boo ...more
Bookaholics
Mar 04, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts by Lucy Dillon
Contemporary Romance – March 1st, 2011
4 stars

Rachel is heart-broken and disillusioned. She has just had a break up with her boyfriend and lost her job. In addition, she inherited her aunt’s house in the suburbs, a dog rescue operation, and a kennel full of unwanted strays including her aunt’s border collie. When she goes to stay at her aunt’s house to sort out the mess and attempts to sell the house, she ends up delaying her return to London. Before she
  • A Winter's Tale
  • The Lucky Dog Matchmaking Service
  • Wrapped Up in You
  • Alma Rebelde
  • Over You
  • All I Want for Christmas
  • A Winter Flame
  • Pastures New
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • Free to a Good Home
  • Our Wicked Mistake (Notorious Bachelors, #2)
  • Recipe for Love
  • Molly's Millions
  • Semi-Sweet: A Novel of Love and Cupcakes
  • Welcome to My World
  • The Wag's Diary (WAGs Diary, #1)
Lucy Dillon was born in Cumbria, worked for a while in publishing in London, and now lives in the Wye Valley with her husband and their Border terrier. She has written eight novels set in the fictional Midlands town of Longhampton, which looks a bit like Hereford, although the inhabitants tend to sound rather more Northern than that.

More about Lucy Dillon

$7.49 $1.99
  • The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success
  • The Little Giant of Aberdeen County
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Her Sister's Shoes (Sweeney Sisters #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • A Thousand Tomorrows (Cody Gunner, #1)
  • Shoeless Joe
  • Death in Venice
  • Blonde
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Ever After (Lost Love, #2)
  • Rescue
  • The Lords of Discipline
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Sheltering Sky
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
    $14.99 $3.99
  • Remember Tuesday Morning (9/11, #3)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Scavenger's Daughters (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters #1)
  • Under the Udala Trees
  • The Streets Have No King
  • The Passion
    $11.00 $1.99
  • The Language of Hoofbeats
  • Not Perfect: A Novel
  • The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Seekers (Kent Family Chronicles, #3)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Half a Heart
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Keeper of Secrets: A Novel
    $9.24 $1.99
  • A Garden of Earthly Delights (Wonderland Quartet, #1)
  • The Golden Notebook
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Life of Christ
  • The Good Mother
    $5.74 $1.99
  • The Palest Ink (Tales of the Scavenger's Daughters Prequel)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
  • As Close to Us as Breathing: A Novel
  • The Child in Time
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Lowcountry Stranger (Sweeney Sisters Series Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Man in 3B
  • Save Me
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
  • Time Bomb
  • Heat and Light: A Novel
  • Reunion
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Summer of Jordi Perez (And the Best Burger in Los Angeles)
    $16.99 $1.99
  • Stay Up With Me
  • The Loser
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P.
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Map and the Territory
    $8.99 $2.99
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Father's Day
  • Skeletons at the Feast
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Even Now (Lost Love, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sackett's Land: The Sacketts (Sacketts, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Bright Beauty
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Intervention (An Intervention Novel)
  • Star Sand
  • The Birth House
    $9.49 $1.99
  • Open City
    $12.99 $1.99
“I always say my biological clock must be digital, because I've never heard it ticking.” 3 likes
“All it took was one person, telling you one thing, and everything could stop.” 1 likes