Start by marking “Lui ou rien !, Tome 2” as Want to Read:
Lui ou rien !, Tome 2

Lui ou rien !, Tome 2 (Zettai Kareshi #2)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  6,806 Ratings  ·  101 Reviews
La période d'essai gratuite de Night est finie. Riiko l'a acheté malgré elle mais doit payer cent millions de yens ! En échange d'une réduction de prix, Riiko doit fournir des "données sûres". Night, qui va désormais dans la même école que la jeune fille, a son fan-club parmi les lycéennes. C'est alors que Mika, l'amie de Riiko, tente de lui ravir Night!
190 pages
Published December 2nd 2005 by Kana

To ask other readers questions about Lui ou rien !, Tome 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lui ou rien !, Tome 2

Mariℓina
Aug 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story proceeds with ease and our favorite characters get themselves tangled into more trouble. Every girl at school is crushing on Night and Riiko feels jealous, and if that wasn't enough Mika her best friend hides a terrible secret..

But the worst has yet to come. When Night finds a somewhat weird job and tries to learn more about humans so he can be better for Riiko, an unexpected situation will occur. Will Riiko be able to win Night's 'heart' again? And what about Soshi?

THOUGHTS ABOUT THE
Nick
Sep 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Overall Rating: A
Summary: A romantic comedy manga with a splash of science fiction created by Yuu Watase. Absolute Boyfriend is six volumes long and is the story of Riiko Izawa. Riiko is a high school girl with an addiction to buying things online, and has never had a boyfriend. In fact, she is rejected by every boy she asks out. The manga begins with Riiko asking out her current crush, and being immediately rejected.

After the rejection, she is wandering in the park, and finds a ringing cellpho

Samantha Tolleson
Apr 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Shojo fans, Manga fans, Anime fans, J-drama fans
Recommended to Samantha by: previous volume
This volume starts off with Chapter 7: Off-Campus Homeroom.

I'll write more when my editing mode hits.
Happy Readings!
Fly my Pretties! Fly!
Megan M
Sarah Lafleur
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah, shouldn't you be studying instead of rereading stuff?
Holly Letson
Riiko is so dense she cannot tell when her next-door neighbor has had a crush on her for years. As we saw in V1, even Soushi's brother can tell this. Riiko is only finally starting to see this when she feels like she has lost Night.
I feel for poor Soushi. In that aspect, it must be really hard to keep seeing the woman you love every day (within your grasp)...especially when you have to keep watching her blantantly throwing herself all over another "man". What makes that even harder for Soushi
Michelle
WHAT A CRUEL WAY TO END THIS BOOK!

I have such mixed feelings now. Despite this being a small book a lot happened in it! Between Mika and then NIGHT AND SOSHI AND HOW THIS VOLUME ENDED OH MY GOD.

I don't know if I want Soshi or Night with Riiko. But I really do hope all three get a happy ending by the last book in this series. I kind of agree Soshi seems more fit for Riiko and Night is after all, not human but that's besides the point; Night is the dream man. And the fact that he wanted to be mo
Iwona
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best manga ever!! : ) When I was younger I read all Yuu Watase's mangas which I could found in internet ; )) In my country was published only one : (

Really good story - about love between human and android. About feelings, that the mechanical thing can feel. And sad ending :<
Kathleen
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A school trip and trouble with an old friend - classic bits, handled well. Riiko keeps trying to earn money, which leads to Night getting a job at a host club - a fatal error as one of his clients tries to steal him away!
Ceejay
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This very enjoyable rom-com manga from Yuu Watase continues in volume two. Riiko and her boy android Night attend a class trip which ends with an unexpected twist with Riiko's best female friend. Soshi, Riiko's best male friend since childhood, and Night have an important conversation about her. Riiko decides to get a job to help pay for Night! Night decides he should work, too. What can a Nightly Love figure do to make money? AND, Riiko discovers a way to stop Night's uncontrolable devotion to ...more
Ginger Woods
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Do girls like this actually exist? Making fan clubs, calling guys Master, what a creepy bunch of chicks. & to attack a girl brutally for the guy being with her, effin psychos.

Also her friend is a horrible person, and I'm glad the truth came out in volume 2 right away, she's psychotic.

I'm sad that Night has been... well reprogramed, but I really think Riiko should get her head out of her butt and date Soshi.
Victoria Newman
Aug 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is a great book to read
Taylor Morris
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Michelle. D.
Emile Mirra
Sep 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Summary:
This series follows the main character, Riiko Izawa, a girl who just wants to find the ultimate boyfriend. After a series of many rejections, Riiko hits a low point and signs up for a 3-day free trial for a mysterious company called Kronos Heaven, who sells "lover figures" (basically a mix between a robot and mannequin). Riiko naively orders a figure, picking out qualities or "personality features", that she considers to make for an ideal boyfriend. When the order arrives, Riiko's skept
Sarah Hayes
Meepelous
Mar 08, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Once again, I'm not sure that my two stars might come across as a bit harsh. This story is fulfilling everything that it's set out to do, the art is nice and it did make me laugh a couple times. Despite the presence of some annoying and sexist cliches (namely girls fighting other girls and nothing happens that isn't about the love interests somehow) the author is not doing so out of malice but rather because she is doing what comes naturally to her. In the author's note she talks about how the c ...more
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I read the first volume of this series a while ago and couldn’t find the rest, so I was really pleased to find that the Uni manga library had them all.
This volume throws one surprise after another at you which is great. Firstly it turns out that (view spoiler)
Emy
Jun 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shoujo-manga, 2013
Fed up with rejection, heart-broken Riiko signs up for a free trial of the Nightly Lover 'figure'. The next day, a cute naked guy is delievered to her apartment. Riiko finally has a boyfriend - one who will cost her a million dollars if she fails to return him on time.

After the setting up of last volume, this volume feels a lot deeper and engaging. It's a little less silly, and a little more serious (though the silliness is still there in places).

There is a lot more drama in this volume, and the
Lauren
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
When you want a boyfriend none are around, that is just how Riiko feels. On the path of desperation she signs up for a free trial for a robotic boyfriend. What can go wrong right? Nope, wrong! Riiko receives the extravagant Night, a hot and sexy man that only wants to please her.

Seriously this is one of the best manga I have ever read! It is filled with romance and comedy and enjoyable characters. I fell in love with every aspect of this series right from the beginning. There is an interesting l
Mithrandir
Oct 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Review of Absolute Boyfriend volumes 1-4:

For some unknown reason I'm not a fan of Watase's manga.

This is a sad thing because it's hard to find a manga author so prolific as to write so many different series' to like, love, or something in between. I have read volumes of her Alice 19th,and Ceres and in each series there is something...missing. I can't define it really, but it feels like if the book had a head, legs, or arms it would be missing one of them.

Watase has written a lot, and I wish so m
Angela
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Riiko and Night go to an overnight school trip, when Riiko's "bestfriend" turns her back against her and tries to go after Night. Riiko gets badly beaten by the girl group that are all inlove with Night. Soshi, Riiko's friend from grade school, comes to her rescue. Rikko got a job that just so happened to be the same place that Soshi was woking at, which is where he confessed his love for her. Night ended up getting a job too, which turned out to be a male esscort club, and he ended up kissing a ...more
Shadow Phoenix
Dec 15, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Although the characters are very goofy, which can sometimes get on my nerves, it was still very good with the drama, and the drawings of this manga is very detailed. I especially like that this author isn't afraid to draw heavy make-up scenes, with half-naked guys and girls, although only periodically. And you do need the goofiness to balance out the drama in this book. It's pretty good, one of the few mangas that i've found that i like, with a good cliffhanger ending, so have the third book rea ...more
Dani - Perspective of a Writer
Ultimately this is total fluff. You care to a point but its about the fun journey, the outcome isn't important at this point.

I liked how much Soshi was in this volume. How he's really trying to put himself out there with Riiko about how he feels. Her reaction is actually quite funny after she's had to deal with a frank Night. I like how we learned that all is not final with Night and quite ridiculous hilarity ensues.

BOTTOM LINE: Fun, fluffy, no thinking involved!
Valerie
May 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TT.TT what the hell!! this can't be happening!! well let's go with Riiko, I love her, she's so cute and funny and I'm happy Mika is not her friend anymore, she and Goku Namikiri are hilarious, and Knight! I cry for him, he's the boyfriend all girls would love to be with and he's why I don't like Soushi, I know she will end with him. I know it! but he won't ever be like Knight, he's so careful and kind with her needs and feelings, yes, he's a machine but he's every girl's dreamed love
Kaitlin
GOD DAMN TEEN LOVE TRIANGLE

I'm terribly sick of reading about girls who have NO idea that their cute guy friend has a crush on them. Such a tired cliché!

GAAAAHHHH!

I hate myself a little right now.

Ok...Ok...I think I'm good now...

*cough* anyways...

All that being said, I still find the story ridiculously adorable! It's got a lot of laugh-out-loud hijinks. I can't wait to read more.
Amy M.
Okay, I tried to read the next book in the series but I can't read any more. It's just not for me! Beside the ICK factor of a boyfriend-to-order, if you throw in the tired cliche of evil best-friend/all-forgiving heroine, it's all over for me!

Maybe I've just grown up since my FY days. Then again to this day I would still love to punch Yui in the face!
Gabby
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
*WARNING: This review may Have spoilers in it...but i hope not.*

Again, this was an excellent manga from Yuu Watase. I'm still a team Soshi and the cover looks great. This volume was from chapter 7-12. And, unlike the first cover- this one isn't awkward! :) A quck, cute read, I highly recommend it.
Amanda
Jun 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
All is not well in paradise as the 'perfect' boyfriend reveals a possessive streak and becomes more persistant than our heroine is comfortable with - yet the tables are turned with Night loses his imprinting and falls for another. Compelling stuff - made me rush straight into the third volume with such a tease of a cliff-hanger!
Dexter
Interesting, but nothing too special. Originally I was a fan of both Night and Soshi, but now I'm definitely leaning towards Soshi. Night is interesting and all, but I find it hard to care. Riko's funny and cute and pitiful and all, but equally boring.

I'll keep reading of course, but this series is not destined to be one of my favorites.
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 22 (Hana-Kimi, #22)
  • Full Moon O Sagashite, Vol. 3
  • Hot Gimmick, Vol. 2
  • MeruPuri, Vol. 3 (MeruPuri, #3)
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 3
  • Fruits Basket, Vol. 19
A Japanse shoujo manga-ka. She is known for her works Fushigi Yūgi, Alice 19th, Ceres: The Celestial Legend, Fushigi Yūgi Genbu Kaiden and Absolute Boyfriend. She likes all music, except heavy metal and old traditional music.

She received the Shogakukan Manga Award for shōjo for Ceres, Celestial Legend in 1997. Since writing her debut short story "Pajama de Ojama" ("An Intrusion in Pajamas"), Wata
More about Yuu Watase...