Start by marking “Wacky Wednesday” as Want to Read:
Wacky Wednesday

Wacky Wednesday

(Wacky Wednesday #1)

Things have been rocky lately for brat Jayk and his dominant partner Amon. Jayk, a college dropout, recently returned to school, while Amon, the HR director at a major financial firm, faces pressure at work. Their D/s partnership suffers as Jayk deals with his stress by acting out, and Amon deals with his by cracking down.

When Jayk and Amon wake one morning to find they’ve
Published May 22nd 2012 by Loose Id

To ask other readers questions about Wacky Wednesday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wacky Wednesday

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Bratty, adorable, hot, and super cute. I adored this.
Emma Sea
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: dd
This is a well-written book, with great characters, in a believable relationship. Nice secondary characters throughout.

I find JA Rock is pretty much the only writer I know who can make domestic discipline scenarios hot.

Ami
Aug 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Ami by: Chris
I picked up this book after reading Calling the Show by the same author. While the light and humorous tone is fun, the BDSM content is still a bit too much for my taste. Thus, I like it less than "Calling ..."

Let's see, what do I like? The idea of learning your partner's life by body switching. ALTHOUGH, I must say that I'm a bit baffled with how easy breezy both characters are when they realize they are switching bodies. I will FREAK OUT that's for sure. This one, they take it lightly,
Lisa Henry
You know those books where you're going to read just one chapter before you fall asleep? And suddenly it's 3 o'clock in the morning and your alarm is going off in 2 hours because you're on an early start, and hell, there's no point even trying to go to sleep now because you'd rather know what happens, and you'll deal with the no-sleep-zombie fallout when it happens? Wacky Wednesday is one of those books.

The premise isn't original at all -- two people who sometimes fail to see eye to eye are mag
Trio
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this, it was so creative. A good laugh-out-loud, feel good story with a really great dynamic between the MCs. Alternating pov's which was even more interesting because of the fact they were in each other's bodies. I know JA Rock had a great time with that when it got around to them having sex, very funny.
Heller
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This book made me laugh. A lot.

Jayk Parker is a college student and a brat. He lives in a domestic discipline (DD) relationship with Amon Monterey a 40 year old HR Director and his top. They've been together for two years but things have been a bit shaky since Jayk has been struggling at school and Amon distracted and overwhelmed at work. After a blazing fight the men go to sleep and wake up the next day in opposite bodies à la Freaky Friday.

Part of the charm of this story for me was the simpl
Debra

This book was a lot of fun, but not just full of fluff. I enjoyed the use of the body switch for the two MC's to spend a day in each other's shoes and the fact that they just accepted it and moved on.

Bratty sub Jayk's POV was hysterical and reading about the older, dominant Amon struggling to get through a day at community college was a joy. While the premise is nutty, the actual story was full of emotion as the couple, who have somewhat lost their footing with each other, work to gain
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Straight to the favorites list. Yep. This one's a keeper!

Wacky Wednesday is hilarious and heart warming at the same time. I was seriously LOL'ing all over the place. The reactions the guys had to being in different bodies were funny, not over the top, and so dead bang on you could completely picture it in your head. What they learned about the other while in the switched body changed the relationship and gave new perspective.

I liked how the DD was portrayed and the fact they incorporate some re
DaisyGirl
4.5 Stars

Jayk is a twenty-something college student and a brat. His dom, Amon, is a soon-to-be-40-year-old executive at a major financial firm. The stress and pressures of life have taken their toll on their relationship. Jayk deals with his stress by acting out while Amon deals with his by cracking down. One morning, they awake to find that they've switched bodies. As each spends a day walking in the other's shoes, they learn to better appreciate each other's struggles, challenges, wants, and n
Tina
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Tina by: Tharayn
Shelves: romance, bdsm

This book is a recommendation of my lovely friend Tharayn. Thank you girl!

When Jayk wakes up on a Wednesday morning - all excited for a Dungeon Party - it’s not in his own body, but that of his partner and Dom, Amon and... vice versa.

After the first shock they think it's refreshing to step in each others shoes for some time. Jayk and Amon both think the others life is so much easier. But in the course of a day, with many hilarious and sometimes serious situations, they don't believe that anymore
Td
Light, fun, easy, sweet, sexy, add in a true brat and I couldn't stop grinning.
Natalie
May 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Unexpectedly funny and charming. Amon and Jayk are in a domestic discipline relationship but they've been miscommunicating more than usual lately. After a particularly rough day, they wake up in each other's bodies and hilarity ensues. The story is told in alternating first-person point of view, and Jayk's narrative is especially delightful. He's a cheeky brat, whereas Amon is the strong, dommy type. I really liked that the story drops us in the middle of an established relationship; the main ch ...more
Mandapanda
Jul 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: various-romance
Very well done adaptation of the Freaky Friday - type story to a BDSM relationship. Things have been rough lately for D/s couple Amon (a stern HR executive) and Jayk (a young wayward college student). But one morning they wake up in the other man's body and much drama, soul-searching, and hilarity ensues.

I picked this up after enjoying another of J.A. Rock's books, Calling the Show. This book (Wacky Wednesday) is so well written! Sparkling with humour and loaded with affection for the two MC's
Bev
Jun 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Absolutely loved this one. 5 stars and and huge

This was a really funny book. I loved snarky brat Jayk and domineering Amon, and what happens when they body switch for the day. Highly recommended.
Simsala
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
It would have been easier to simply talk to each other than switching bodies....
but then this surprisingly sweet (but without the dreaded Disney-effect) and lightly written, funny BDSM romance wouldn`t exist...
Recommended!
Heather C
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Heather C by: Jayhjay
I really loved this story even though D/s is soooooooo not my kink. I even had to look up the meaning of a DD relationship. Anyway, this was a fun read with a lot of laugh out loud moments.
Anke
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Although I'm no fan of paranormal/fantasy - this was simply wonderful. Give me this kind of fantasy anytime:)

Justin Nova
Dec 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Even though this scenario has been done many times, I've never seen it quite like this. Loved the humor and there was a lot of steam and feeling as well. One of my favorite authors does it again!
Smith Barney
Mar 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: M/m readers that think laughing is underrated
I want to confetti-toss as many of these f'ing ★stars★ around like an indulgent-inebriated-f●ck-tard because that's how much I treasure humor in my life.

This made me laugh. I appreciated that.

Outstanding not to mention impressive characterization because it's not easy to do with such a short story (150+ pages) but J.A.Rock gets it done. And it's all engaging material. Even if BDSM is not your thing it won't matter much..because it's just that charming.

Some Favorite Bookmarks: (view spoiler)
Dreamer
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Amusing shortish tale about hunky 39 year old top Amon swapping bodies with his svelte 24 year old brat Jayk. A sweet engaging story told alternately in the first person from Amon and Jayk's pov. Moving on to the sequel directly.

'He held out a hand.
I clambered across the grass to him.
And damned if he didn't squeeze all one hundred and seventy broad-shouldered hard-chested pounds of me onto his lap.'
Anke
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-read
February Challenge, re-read

Still love it as much as the first time that I read this . Today, I especially liked the description of the change of attitude towards each other , the more insight they got about their daily lives which they spent separated from each other , the more understanding they won .
Page Crusherz
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars....

I thought this was going to be a piece of fluff, but it was SO much more. I really was so pleasantly surprised. This was a greta read, fun, heart warming, and engrossing. I loved the MC's and secondaries. Loved!
Chris
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012, bdsm, ebook, gay, romance, done
4.5 stars. Very good kinky m/m romance about a dom and his younger sub who haven't been connecting very well recently... and then they wake up to find they've switched bodies, which definitely gives them the chance to understand each other better!
V
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm

This story was very cute and some parts were so funny.
The BDSM wasn't hard core at all, quite vanilla indeed, and it pleased me very much because I'm not very fond of D/s.
Shelby
Here’s the thing, I hate awkward…like really hate it. Anything that’s puts someone in that incredibly uncomfortable position where you just know they’re going to put their foot in their mouth or something equally as unpleasant, yeah it all makes me cringe and want to hide my eyes. The moment I started this book I knew I was going to be getting heaps of awkward. I mean heck that’s the entire premise of these sort of body swapping stories, round after round of awkward until everything works itself ...more
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Retro Read Spotlight review on Prism Book Alliance®

So, ya know how I like to include examples to demonstrate an author’s writing? Well, if I did that here, you’d be getting the first six pages of this story. Instead, here’s a passage from the middle of that sixth page, from Jayk’s point of view:

I thought I’d put age five almost twenty years behind me but apparently not. Apparently I was such a piss-poor excuse for an adult that Amon didn’t think twice about humiliating me in front of my newly sw
Hannah
3.5 stars. Rounded up for Goodreads, because it was so much fun.

This short novel kept me smiling the whole time I was reading it. The body swap plot device is hardly new, but its execution in Wacky Wednesday is clever, heartwarming, and often laugh-out-loud funny. Less adventurous readers should be warned that this book features a domestic discipline relationship, but the BDSM elements are fairly light and fit both the characters and their relationship very well.

Both of the characters are wonder
Jane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm, m-m
This is a plot I love and it was handled very well here. Neither of them show much surprise at their predicament and we never find out how it happens, but there's no real need for it; the focus is quite rightly on what they can both learn from the experience. Peppered with enlightening flashbacks and sizzling interludes as well as a good deal of tenderness and humor, this is one I'm looking forward to rereading.
Lady*M
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it

Not very original, but surprisingly well-used theme. Sweet, funny, with two great characters that learn to walk in each others shoes and learn more about each other and themselves. Great mood lifter. I really enjoy it and I plan to pick up author's other works. Well, maybe Calling the Show first, which will be published in a month, before I venture into By His Rules, because it's BDSM lite. ^^
Shannon
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved the concept of this book. The way the two MCs fumbled their way through a day in eachothers lives was so funny. For some unknown reason, I didn't feel the emotional tug I like when reading about two people so in love. I did feel something, just not as intense as I was hoping for. Super entertaining with two very likable MCs.
Romance Readers R...: October M/M Buddy Read: Wacky Wednesday 19 34 Nov 30, 2012 12:58AM
  • More Fun With Dick And Shane (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #2)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • The Boy Who Belonged (Boy, #2)
  • Gathering Storm
  • Be Brave (Angel and the Assassin, #2)
  • Under Contract
  • At His Throat, A Promise
  • Before He Cheats (Perfect Timing, #7)
  • Screwing the System (Screwing the System, #1)
  • Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1)
  • The Condor (Condor #1)
  • Forever (From Thirty Days to Forever, #2)
  • Leather+Lace (Opposites Attract, #2)
  • Chaos Magic (Gods and Chaos, #1)
J.A. Rock is the author or coauthor of over twenty LGBTQ romance, suspense, and horror novels, as well as an occasional contributor to HuffPo Queer Voices. J.A. has received Lambda Literary and INDIEFAB Award nominations for MINOTAUR, and THE SUBS CLUB received the 2016 National Leather Association-International Pauline Reage Novel Award. J.A. lives in Chicago with an extremely judgmental dog, Pro ...more

Wacky Wednesday (2 books)
  • The Brat-tastic Jayk Parker