Start by marking “Sinner's Heart (The Hellraisers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Sinner's Heart (The Hellraisers, #3)

Sinner's Heart

(The Hellraisers #3)

DEMONS OF THE PAST

Abraham Stirling, Lord Rothwell, was a fighter once, a soldier in the Colonies. But Bram returned to London with more nightmares than tales of glory. Now he drowns his senses in the arms of countless women, while his friends, the Hellraisers, ensure he needn't sin alone.

Mass Market Paperback, 370 pages
Published April 2nd 2013 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Sinner's Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sinner's Heart

The Window Seat
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sinner’s Heart has been a truly anxiously awaited book for me ever since I finished reading Zoe Archer’s previous title in The Hellraisers series last May. In the final scenes of Demon’s Bride the line dividing the former friends was drawn, with those who fully embraced the Devil and the gifts he had bestowed against those who would fight to defeat the evil they had unwittingly unleashed on England. Where my anticipation grew from was in the last actions of the ghost Valeria Livia Corva; how she ...more
Barbara
Jul 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
The last in the Hellraisers series. Bram has seen Leo and Witt find love and leave him. Edmund is dead and John is gaining more power. The world is becoming darker as evil is winning the war. Into this comes Valera, a ghost who knows what the evil is. She has gone up against evil before and lost. When the Dark One was released so was she. Bram and Valera are linked, their power is stronger together than apart. Along with Anne and Leo, Witt and Zora, they wage battle. The ending to the series was ...more
Cinzia
Mar 24, 2013 rated it really liked it

This time I'm very startled by myself for my cunning ... I started the book without notice that it was the third book of the "Hellraisers series, foxy is my second name. However, after a first moment in which I did not understand very well why Bram and Livia are related to each other, going forward in the reading I was clarified everything, thanks to the author's references to small events in previous books.

E_bookpushers
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2013/05/20/...

Publisher: Zebra
Publish Date: Out now
How I got this book: ARC from the publisher via Netgalley

DEMONS OF THE PAST

Abraham Stirling, Lord Rothwell, was a fighter once, a soldier in the Colonies. But Bram returned to London with more nightmares than tales of glory. Now he drowns his senses in the arms of countless women, while his friends, the Hellraisers, ensure he needn’t sin alone.

Until, that is, the Devil himself grants them
Kim Schellin-Rog
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
This was the third book in the series. I didn’t read the first two so I was a little lost. This book had a lot of filler. Nothing good happened until page 300 when there were only 338 pages.

Not my favorite book by far
Jessica
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Not a bad book at all. Different from what I usually read so I enjoyed it quite a bit for someone who doesn't read paranormal romance books.
Mrs Giggles
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Zoë Archer's Sinner's Heart closes her Hellraisers trilogy, and I would suggest everyone new to the series to start with the first book, Devil's Kiss, before tackling this one. This is because the story in this one is basically the climax of the story arc built up in the previous two books. If you haven't read the previous two books, you may get lost when things become a free-for-all party with many characters showing up later in this story.

In fact, go read the review of that book first if you w
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

SINNER’S HEART, the third installment in The Hellraisers series, has one of the most unique heroines I have ever read in a romance novel- a ghost. While this gave the book an original feel, it didn’t help the rather lackluster romance plot line. Readers who are familiar with The Hellraisers will most likely be satisfied with this book, because it offers a very clear and gratifying conclusion to the trilogy. Ends are tied up, bad guys are vanquished, an
Ginny Lurcock
Ever have one of those moments where you start a book with trepidation because you sort of know the author (meaning you interviewed their husband once and he wished you a happy birthday) and what if the book isn���t good? What then? You���ll have to quit reviewing Ginny and live in a cave feeding on berries and probably kill a bear because how can you post a negative review when they literally just made you a birthday gift?

I feel it���s important to point out that yes, I know that���s not a logi
Book Reading Gals
Jul 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Title: Sinners Heart

Series: Hellraisers bk 3

Author: Zoë Archer

Genre: Historical Paranormal

DEMONS OF THE PAST

Until, that is, the Devil himself grants them each a wish, undoing their camaraderie as they explore their wicked powers.
Kimberly
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Blue Ribbon Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Original Review Link

Once, Abraham Stirling and his closest friends reveled in being known as the Hellraisers. However, that was before the five of them managed to sell their souls to the devil in exchange for power. Haunted by his time as a soldier, Bram doesn’t want to give up his ability to persuade women to fall at his feet. Yet he can’t ignore the fact that London is literally going to hell around him. Especially since his unwanted companion won’t let him forg
Stephanie  G
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok

Bram came back from war a broken man. He became one of the Hellraisers, with his childhood friend Whit, and together the group got up to debauchery all over London. That is until the Hellraisers made a deal with the Devil. Each of the Hellraisers was bestowed a gift in return for their souls. For Bram it was the ability to sway others, which he used to get all kinds of women in bed with him. Along the way other Hellraisers broke from their deal with the Devil, fighting for their souls.
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
3.5 Stars
Review also posted at

“Sinner’s Heart is the last of the Hellraisers series and Ms. Archer did a fine job closing off the series.” ~Under The Covers Book Blog

I have been following this series from the start and I have to say that this story was my most anticipated story out of all the Hellraisers. Bram is the play boy of this group and his pastime activities intrigued me. Ms. Archer delivered a hot hero of this time, no doubt about that. In addition, I knew this was going to be the las
Toni
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

The final battle is to be fought. Can the Hellraisers be saved or are they lost to hell because of their countless sins?

Livia initially brought the Devil to our realm centuries ago and she paid the ultimate price to return him, death. She has been a constant nuisance to the Hellraisers from the very beginning. She has saved James, the Earl of Whitney and Leo Bailey from the Devil’s trap, but will she be able to save Bram, Lord Rothwell? And will it be enough to send the Devil back to he
Karen
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Slightly spoilery if you haven't read the previous books (Devil's kiss, Demon's Bride)

I had no idea what to expect with this book. The heroine is a ghost! And Livia, although helpful to the Hellraisers cause in the previous two books, seemed a little unhinged to me. But she ended up being awesome as was the romance.

Bram is the hero in Sinners Heart and he's the rogue/ladies man of the group. He needs to seduce woman and have an endless stream of sex to feel any peace in his life. To be honest I'
Michelle Leah Olson
Our Review, by LITERAL ADDICTION's Pack Alpha - Michelle L. Olson
*ARC Received from the Author in exchange for an honest Review

Sinner's Heart is the 3rd installment of Zoe Archer's HELLRAISERS series, but can easily be read as a stand-alone thanks to the author's subtle way of catching the reader up when needed throughout the story.

After the events in Devil's Kiss and Demon's Bride, we are down to our last 2 Hellraisers and world full of chaos. The evil is being felt far and wide and John - our
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Abraham Stirling, Lord Rothwell, sold his soul to the devil for the power to seduce any woman with a word. He and four friends were the toast of London. Self proclaimed Hellraisers with powers that made their vices pay off, Bram and his friends have become as corrupt as the city they call home.

Once a Priestess of Hecate in the last days of the Roman Empire, Livia knows how destructive the quest for power can be. It was she who first unleashed the Dark One from his prison. Now she has twice defea
R J Mckay
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: top-shelf
Abraham Stirling, Lord Rothwell, or Bram to his friends, is a member of the Hellraisers, a small group of friends who were willing to sell their souls to the devil if they, in return, would be granted a special power. For Bram, that power was the ability to seduce any woman into his bed.
Valeria Livia Corva , a Roman priestess, also once sought the power of the Devil. However, when she realized the evil she had released on the world, she gave her live to trap him. Her actions left her caught bet
Jaime
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
I have not read the two previous books in this trilogy and although I would say that this is a stand alone novel, I would recommend that you read the the books first. I was never lost, and most of the beginning of the book was spent setting the stage, so as a new reader I was completely caught up. Unfortunately I never connected with the character’s. Bram was an ok hero, but for me there was nothing outstanding about him and his brooding. And although Livia has literally been through hell, I nev ...more
Mamta
Mar 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
On the whole it was a twist between a romance between the paranormal and historical elements, but the book failed to hold me riveted and get to that state where I would be unable to put it down.

A lack of pace, intensity or binding plot, and I had to push myself to finish it and post a review.

At some places, it felt like an elaborate plot created to merely provide for the mills and boon element of "romance and sex" scenes. I thought I was going to read a fantasy adventure, and this was certainly
Vi
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
This ARC was provided by the publisher via NetGalley.

I've been waiting for Bram's story since his appearance in Devil's Kiss. There is no better story than the one of redemption. Bram stumbles but finds his way, aided by his friends, former Hellraisers & their wives.

Equally as compelling is Livia. She's another kick-ass heroine that only Archer can write.

This sexy, action-packed book is the last in a trilogy. It is highly recommended that you read the first 2 in the series to see story arc
Lisa
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done-done
This was the last book in the series! I thought it had a very good ending and I mean who couldn't love this book! It had so many good quirks about the ghost and everything! I mean it turns into something way bigger than I thought it was going to. I thought this book was different than any other book that I have read.
Viv Ross
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: must-have
First off, I won my copy of this book via a giveaway hosted by Goodreads.

An interesting plot where nothing is really impossible. A rake falls in love with a ghost and they are faced with the task of saving London from all-hell breaking loose, literally. I give this 4 stars because some parts were a little cheesy. I like romance...but cheesy romance not so much unless I'm watching a rom-com.
Kimmy
May 15, 2015 rated it liked it
This book was so out there in the realm of love and the Devils doing. I was surprised by some of the events but I feel compelled to say that I wanted something more - I don't know the romance was there but I needed more as a reader ...not sure exactly what however.
Samantha Brody
2.5 stars: Not nearly enjoyable as the middle book, alas, for mindless fun. Too much convoluted plot & mediocre writing/rushed romance. Le sigh.
Natalie
Nov 13, 2012 rated it liked it
liked the way this ended not all could be saved but still a happy ending!!!!!
Candace
Jun 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a satisfying end to a great series! I love that the female characters are strong but not unflawed. I also like the attention to detail!
Olivia Waite
A great conclusion to a stunning trilogy, and one of the most sophisticated uses of the Band of Brothers tropes that I've seen. Highly recommended!
Kaitlin
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series and the couples. Definitely not your typical historical romance. No damsels in distress here! Loved it!
Keri
May 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
A good ending to the series and my fav couple of the three.

• Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • Trust In Me (Rancho Del Cielo, #5)
  • No Turning Back (Hanover Brothers, #1)
  • Blood in the Valley (Vigilati, #2)
  • Bare Knuckle (Vegas Top Guns Book 5)
  • Consequences
  • Wayward One (Waywroth Academy, #1)
  • Slow Ride Home (The Grady Legacy, #1)
  • Rogue's Possession (Covenant of Thorns, #2)
  • There All Along
  • Blood of an Ancient (Beri O'Dell, #2)
  • Unforgettable (The Dalton Gang, #3)
  • Hidden Passions (Hidden, #7)
  • Miss Molly Robbins Designs a Seduction (Sydney Dovedale, #4)
  • A Breath of Winter (Araneae Nation, #4)
  • Rumors that Ruined a Lady (Armstrong Sisters #4)
  • Risk & Reward (Bedroom Games, #2)
  • Hearts of Chaos (Deadglass, #3)
Zoë Archer is a RITA award-nominated romance author whose stories are about smart, capable heroines and the heroes who love them. She is the author of the acclaimed Blades of the Rose series, as well as the Hellraiser, and Nemesis Unlimited series, among others. She also writes Regency-set romances as Eva Leigh. Visit her on the Web at http://www.zoearcherbooks.com/

The Hellraisers (3 books)
  • Devil's Kiss (The Hellraisers, #1)
  • Demon's Bride (The Hellraisers, #2)