Start by marking “Evertrue (Everneath, #3)” as Want to Read:
Evertrue (Everneath, #3)

Evertrue (Everneath #3)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  7,353 Ratings  ·  1,065 Reviews
Now that Nikki has rescued Jack, all she wants is to be with him and graduate high school. But Cole tricked Nikki into feeding off him, and she’s begun the process of turning into an Everliving herself... which means she must feed on a Forfeit soon — or die.

Terrified for her survival, Nikki and Jack begin a desperate attempt to reverse the process using any means possible.
Published January 21st 2014 by Balzer + Bray

To ask other readers questions about Evertrue, please sign up.

Claudia Honestly no, the amount of drama and fillers they'd need to invent to keep the TV show running would take from the plot. It would be interesting to…moreHonestly no, the amount of drama and fillers they'd need to invent to keep the TV show running would take from the plot. It would be interesting to see their interpretation on the Everneath and the Tunnels though(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,459 books — 15,830 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,531 books — 8,979 voters

More lists with this book...

Emily May
He took my hand and pressed it against his chest. “Do you feel that?” he said. I blinked and nodded. “This heart is yours. It belongs to you. It beats only for you. And somewhere out there is a heart without a home, and it beats for me; and we’re not giving up until we find it.”

There are some times when the final installment in a series disappoints you and it's a pretty devastating experience after you've devoted so much time and emotional turmoil to the characters and story. Then there are thos
Ornella (Nyx)
Jan 23, 2014 Ornella (Nyx) rated it did not like it
Biggest freaking book disappointment EVER. I'm so pissed I'm incoherent.

1. Nikki is the stupidest MC I have ever had the displeasure of coming across. And the most selfish. (view spoiler)
♥ Becky  22
Update (06/12/13): In the German synopsis it says "Nikki realizes that she only has one chance to destroy the Everliving: She has to become Cole's Persephone."

__________________________________
__________________________________

At the end of Everbound, I was all:

Then I checked to see when the next book was coming out.

And it said:
....
2014.

Horror! Disbelief! Sadness! *cry cry cry*

Well, damnit. All I can say is that I love Cole despite EVERYTHING and I don't want him to die in this one. Please
Navdha
Pre-review
*tries to control the rage*

Rant coming up when I stop seeing red.

Review

Sometimes a book pisses you off because of that one certain event you can’t seem to wrap your head around. Other times, it’s the characters that make the book a complete drag for you. But unfortunately, Evertrue has both of these factors going on for it simultaneously, with varying degrees of suck.

To be honest, I’ve never been much of a fan of this series. Admittedly, the second book had me super intrigued because o
Blythe
This review may hint towards what happens in Everbound, so keep that in mind. However, it is spoiler-free for Evertrue.

Evertrue doesn't feel like the end; while final installments in trilogies tend to be the darkest of the three, I found Evertrue's tone to be far different than the two novels preceding it. Obviously, the stakes in Evertrue are high, arguably at the series' highest, and lives are at risk. So yes, the underlying plot of Evertrue is dark, harrowing, and emotional, but it's how the
Grace
Jun 27, 2013 Grace marked it as to-read
description

The girls dress on this cover reminds me of one thing and one thing only.

description

Beautiful hell dress or jam stirred in cream?

Who knows.

Whispers: Still love it though
Summer
Mar 08, 2013 Summer rated it did not like it
Out of the entire series, Evertrue is probably the cheesiest of them all. I shit you not. As if the series couldn't get any more idiotic.

If I read this novel about, oh, a year and a half ago, I would've loved it. I read the first before I became a blogger, and I’m pretty sure I gave that one four stars. I read the second, and abhorred it. Less embarrassment for me.

At about 10% in, I encountered this sentence…
”I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.”

…And knew that this book and I wer
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

When the early reviews of Evertrue started to roll in, I was rather appalled to see so many disappointed reviews. But now, I can totally see why. Everneath and Everbound were some of my favourite novels ever--but I cannot say the same for the last instalment, Evertrue. Here were my main issues in order from most infuriating to least:

1. Jack.  A sad fact, but true. I was Team Jack ALLL the way till about 50 pages into this book.  What changed? This happened:
He
ֆǟBʀɛɛnǟ
Aug 25, 2013 ֆǟBʀɛɛnǟ marked it as to-read

description

I juST WANT COLE TO BE HAPPY. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!

Lucille
Jun 23, 2012 Lucille marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2014-to-read
OMG. That is the best cover I have ever seen in my entire life. *freaks out*

EVERTRUE? Oh man, I wasn't expecting that. EVERFREE is so much better!

I kid, I kid. Maybe.

I hope she calls it EVERFREE... coz you know, they'll be "forever free."

Okay, I know... I came up with a pretty lame name. But whatever. All I can think of was Everfree or Evermore.. and Evermore's been used at least a thousand times.

UPDATE 7 December 2012: I've thought of more! EVERMINE

Everedeemed (one of my favorites), E
Trista
May 05, 2013 Trista rated it liked it
Shelves: mythology
January 2014. It seems so very far away.
 photo giff3_zpsfba19893.gif

Update: March 2014
Now that I've stopped crying all I can say about this final installment is "no". Just no. The end to this series is completely unacceptable and I'm going to pretend that things happened differently.
Rachel Reads Ravenously
2 WTF HAPPENED?? stars

The Mockingjay Effect strikes again!

"What is the Mockingjay Effect?" you ask. Well, it's a theory I came up with after the release of Mockingjay, in which the first two books in a trilogy are awesome, amazing, wonderful... and then the third book blows. Usually this only applies to YA dystopia, but I think that this book applies.

Where do I begin? Well, after Nikki rescues her love Jack from the Tunnels of the Everneath, she finds she is transitioning into an Everling. Wh
WitchyKilljoy

I don’t really hate this book. I NOTHING this book. Hate suggests emotional reaction that can stem from the heart or mind and neither my heart nor mind was in it. I can imagine majority of the readers enjoying it, but it simply did not work for me in ANY way.

Characters:

For the most part, I was on board with Nikki. She owned up to her mistakes, looked for solutions in ANY way possible, didn’t sulk and brood in the corners looking for self-pity and the love for Jack felt real and honest.
Gillian

Originally posted at Writer of Wrongs

Rating: While satisfying in some aspects, this series finale left me mostly underwhelmed and disappointed.

My review of Everneath | My review of Everbound

Oh, Evertrue. I was so looking forward to you. Everbound was one of my favorite sequels ever, and it ended on such a bang. I always have such high expectations for series enders, and sadly this one fell short.

I still have a lot of love for this series, and there are some excellent things going on in
Natalie Monroe

"He stopped walking and grabbed my shoulders. 'You are my peace and my home. You are the everything.'"

I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with YA male love interests these days. It seems like we've finally managed to conquer the Bechdel Test and have gotten YA girl protagonists to show an interest in something other than that smouldering supernatural creature. Or homework, housework and that other friend-zoned guy. But now we have a new problem: the table-turning of the Bechdel Tes
Irena
Jun 24, 2013 Irena rated it really liked it
This book wasn't as good as it's predecessor but it was still enjoyable.
Most of the time characters spent in Everneath, providing it's plan to destroy it.
I have to admit, in this novel I rooted against them.
I didn't want for Everneath to be destroyed.

While reading I was thinking about rating it 3,5 stars, but then came an ending.
And what kind of ending was that? Let me tell you. An epic one!

I think this series has one of the best series conclusions I've read.
Everything came to place and if only
Al Astronomo
Feb 24, 2013 Al Astronomo marked it as to-read
Edit 06/23/2013:
So I just realized that if Evertrue continues following Persephone's story, it might mean that Nikki will eventually learn to love Cole.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

TEAM JACK FOREVER AND ALWAYS. UNLESS SOMETHING HAPPENS THAT'LL TURN JACK INTO A VILLAIN.

Edit 06/13/2013:

Honestly? I don't know what to feel about this cover. It IS amazing (especially when you look at it from afar and realize its overall impact is actually great, especially the swirl at the bottom) but I think it would have lo
Taschima
Jun 23, 2012 Taschima marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

I NEED YOU IN MY LIFE.

description

my precious I NEEDS IT MASTER, NEEDS IT!

shady
Jun 21, 2012 shady rated it really liked it
Shelves: covergasm, 2014-faves
Solid ending. Great series overall.
Lisa RC
Jun 20, 2012 Lisa RC rated it it was amazing
Official January 2014 Review
Okay, so the story starts off shortly after the ending of Everbound. Total recall of the story: Nikki had went to the Everneath in hopes in freeing Jack, only becoming an Everliving herself because she fed from Cole three times. Cole intends for Nikki to be Queen, but regardless, she only has hopes of destroying the Everneath.

The book has an emotionally crippling ending. It was quite obvious what was to happen, but the way the author describes it...well, I was in
Rosie Arteaga
Jan 15, 2014 Rosie Arteaga rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mythology, fantasy, i-own
Kadbury
Jun 14, 2013 Kadbury marked it as to-read
Usually I say I want THAT book!!

But THIS time I say

I WANT THAT DRESS

It's so PREEEEEEEEEETTY

Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Series endings are seriously tricky to get right. Tying up a world and the lives of characters if not entirely but satisfyingly is incredibly difficult. This explains why so few series endings are the strongest books in the series. Tragically, Evertrue is a case where the series ending kinda went splat. The more I thought about the book, the more issues I had with it, even though initially I was waffling on whether I liked it or not.

Read the full review at A Reader of Fictions.
Lindsay Cummings
Jan 04, 2014 Lindsay Cummings rated it it was amazing
amazing ending to a super fun trilogy. it ended how it needed to end. and of course, I'll always be team cole!

Check out full review here! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com
Maria (highinthebooksky)
3.5
to be honest this was my least favorite book of the trilogy ... I don't know why ... maybe because it wasn't as depressing and sad as the previous ones but overall it was ok and.a good conclusion to the series
Jodi Meadows
Nov 05, 2014 Jodi Meadows rated it it was amazing
A fantastic conclusion to an amazing trilogy.
Bonita Rebel
it could be "Ever Yours" like his tattoo
Dana
Jul 02, 2013 Dana marked it as to-read
I really hope she picks cole
Sabrina
What a disappointing way to end a great book series

puke gif photo: agonia tumblr_ly7z0n174y1qb9pa3o1_500.gif
So after a long time of wondering if I should write a review of this, I decided that I would. It's always interesting for me to write a review of a book that made me want to gauge my eyes out with a pair of scissors. So lets begin shall we?

Let's start with the characters. If you can even call them that. In books, it's actually rare nowadays to see NO character development. You get a little snippet of Nikki's possible character development in bo
Una
Jan 16, 2013 Una marked it as to-read
I can't wait for this book already.

SQUEEEEEEEE.

Too much emotions, hopefully more Cole!
thoughts 9 105 Dec 30, 2015 08:39AM
Possible mistakes about the physical description of the characters? 1 8 Jun 25, 2015 03:57AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 05, 2015 07:51AM
Cole 1 55 Nov 27, 2014 07:38PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Evertrue by Brodi Ashton 1 2 Feb 04, 2014 07:13PM
The Lost Challenges: [February] PNR BOM - Evertrue 1 11 Feb 02, 2014 09:43PM
The Wide Web of F...: Evertrue 4 29 Jan 25, 2014 04:14PM
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Infinite (Newsoul, #3)
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Strange and Ever After (Something Strange and Deadly, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
  • Perfect Lies (Mind Games, #2)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Vengeance (Fracture, #2)
  • The Offering (The Pledge, #3)
  • Eternal (Winterhaven, #3)
  • Dance of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Descendant (Starling, #2)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
I write Young Adult novels. I eat cinnamon bears. I love me some Diet Coke.

My debut book EVERNEATH (the first in a trilogy) comes out Winter 2012 with Balzer and Bray (Harper Collins).

I'm represented by Michael Bourret at Dystel and Goderich Literary Management.
More about Brodi Ashton...

Everneath (3 books)
  • Everneath (Everneath, #1)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)

“Give me your heart,” I said.
He tilted his head, leaned forward, watching my eyes the entire time to make sure it was okay, and kissed me lightly on the lips. "You already have it.”
61 likes
“I want my heart. I'll trade you for it. I'll give you anything. Almost anything". He tilted his head forward in a challenging way.
"Give me you"
"Anything else". Cole raised an eyebrow.
"You think I care about anything else?"
I looked down at the floor.
"Where's my heart" I said.
"You're always asking the wrong question.”
29 likes