Start by marking “The Most Boring Book Ever Written” as Want to Read:
The Most Boring Book Ever Written

The Most Boring Book Ever Written

BUYER BEWARE!
Do NOT purchse this book if you are looking for any of the following:
 -A plot
 -Interesting dialogue
 -Romance
 -Action and/or adventure
 -Zombies
 -Insight into the human condition
 -An underlying message
 -Complex characters
 -Comedy
 -Symbolism
 -Gunplay
 -A point
Do you hit snooze or turn off the alarm? Do you take a shower or run the bath? Do you h
Published April 26th 2012 by Bowness Books (first published March 16th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Most Boring Book Ever Written, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Most Boring Book Ever Written

David Santos
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
One star for being honest in the title.

One thing that stuck out for me was how long the guy spent in the store. I was almost expecting him to take the cashier home.

Some of the pages didn't continue correctly. Like a paragraph or three were cut out.

Interesting this book was under the "Humor" category. The fair thing to do is go back and read every scenerio, but the first one I chose took such a dull yet interesting turn. It was interesting to see how much the store delayed, but at the same time
Jeff
Apr 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had quite a different view of this book from most others. Frankly, I think it's quite brilliant. On the surface, it's a choose-your-own-adventure parodying the vacuity of modern suburban life. Many of the plotlines take hilarious deep dives into minutiae, transforming tiny events of routine into a commentary on the nature of workaday existence. To me, the exchange at the cash register, in particular, was incredibly funny.

But the book also has a darker edge just below the radar of the quick rea
John Finckley
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YOOOO the irony is so #deep, because the book is called boring but its actually FUUUN, yo thats RAD bro af yooooooooooooo. thank you for reading my review, i am also writing a book about this EPIC new avocado diet if anyone is interested, please buy. THANKS SISTERS!
-john HInckley
Tyler Bosma
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was so entertaining and I was glued to the book. There was at no point where I was bored at ALL. Must read.

Join Isopod Central email pyreswrath@gmail.com
Matt (Tower Junkies: A Dark Tower/Stephen King Podcast)
This review originally appeared on ObsessiveBookNerd.com

There isn’t a whole lot to The Most Boring Book Ever Written, so this review will most likely be relatively short. This book is a free ebook available wherever you get your digital literature. It’s a “choose your own adventure” book that uses the mundane nature of everyday life as the driving force of its narrative. For the right demographic, it’s a unique blend of nostalgia and adulthood. I was laughing like an idiot at the simple brillian
Kevin Hammond
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
I don't know what rating I was going to give this. usually I come to the end of the book knowing how much I liked it which is why I settled with a three. that's not a bad three, its just a three because I still have no idea. Its something different which should absolutely be welcomed to the kindle. There are a million romance books and horror books and young adult whatever. This is both welcome and daring and I would say well done to the writers for putting it together
Is it entertaining? sort of
Teresa
Ummm...well, the title sums it up pretty good. I guess I'm UBER boring, because my story was over within 5 minutes, but I went back and re-chose several times and some of the scenarios are just weird, but kinda entertaining. Like, who the HELL contemplates the effects of conditioner on brain activity? Or even reads the damn conditioner ingredients 3 times (THREE TIMES!!!) And yes, the ENTIRE list of ingredients was repeated in the text 3 times as well. THAT, in itself, should tell ya how boring ...more
Nicagirl
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is very timely... Yesterday I was so down and I just decided to read this to occupy my mind. It made me laugh so hard I almost piss my pants. Well... almost. Thank you Rudolf and Daniel for cheering me up in one of the darkest moments of my life...

We'll be singing

You're never going to
Keep me down

Pissing the night away
Pissing the night away

Yes, I'm one of those who stays on the line and don't just hang up.
Sue  Pilski
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
7-Up anyone?

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I initially read the reviews, but I did read it. And, well, this is probably one of the most quirkiest novella's I've ever read!
It's interactive, which is a cool approach, and it's a thinking story. Will you shampoo again, go to the conditioner, or dry off and move on? That's just one pondering question you'll come across. I didn't "buy" this book, I am an Amazon Prime member and "borrowed" it. Even though it's an interesting novella, I wou
Paola Piliado
Apr 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book gets a star because the author is very honest, the title of the book is exactly what you get. The most boring book ever. After 8 or 10 pages of -waiting in line at the grocery store for my tuna sandwich to be purchased - i thought it was going somewhere but it wasnt. I thought changing my story would be good but it appears I got the longest one, and I couldnt get to a better future. God, this was awful
Casandra McCann
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is actually quite interesting. It's like 10 different books in one. This is the first ever interactive book I've ever read and I am highly enjoying it. I've read through it 3 times now and got a different story each time. I would have have it 5 stars, but the endless 7-up references are really getting on my nerves.
Jess Mountifield
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very amusing free ebook I came across while looking at choose your own adventure book structures. It is a rather boring account of going to work, but the decisions are funny and there's some great dialogue with the family.

(I'll admit I skim read as some of it is descriptions of mundane stuff but the tongue in cheek sort of humour still makes it an interesting read)
Alyssa
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it
Okay, I didn't finish it. I barely read what I did "read", but if the author really wanted to write the most boring book, he succeeded. I have enough dull moments in my life to not need to read about someone else's conversation about tuna sandwiches with a supermarket clerk. 3 stars for succeeding at the goal of the book, but only 3 for being, well, boring.
B.L. Teschner
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
It was boring. So it lived up to its name. I liked how you could choose what to do in it. To be fair I didn't read all of the possibilities but I'm sure they were all boring anyway :-) It was a funny concept and I give the author props for that.
Rich Meyer
May 14, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2014
This one lives up to the title. It is a poorly thought out and extremely dull choose-your-own-adventure. It really has no reason for existence and I discovered the hard way that yet again another five minutes of my life was stolen by a horrid book. Don't even bother with this one if it's free.
Chris
Apr 10, 2014 rated it did not like it
Boring

Let's just say the title of this book fits it. I try two different times to read this book and both times I could not get into it. So sad I was just hoping it's title was a joke and the book was actually humorous instead.
Katherine Bergey
Aug 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
It is how it is

It is how it is

The book's title is a bit more as leading, but the content of the sorry is simple. I some how found it funny the way it was written, because it wasn't what I expected the Most Boring Book to be about.
Tina
May 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
Honest to the title. This is truly the most boring book.I thought there would be some crazy twist but no, nothing.
Colton
Jul 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014, indie
Pointless. Don't waste your time.
Amanda Cowher
Apr 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
This is a choose your own adventure book. It's just life choices, no adventure. I only tried one story, but it really was boring.
Kevin Wight
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Well the title and the blurb warned me. I thought it was using reverse psychology. I was prepared for all sorts of craziness to unfold. Read the title again and understand the author is not joking.
Amy
Dec 24, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012, kindle
Well, I didn't realize it was a choose your own adventure book. I have "read" it three times and it really is the most boring book ever written, but it made me laugh, so that says something.
Nathan Boxall
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
The title doesn't do justice. It is a funny book :) People should read it :D
Christi
Sep 11, 2016 rated it it was ok
It had great reviews on Amazon but I was not impressed.
Brook
Mar 07, 2014 rated it liked it
As a "story" there is nothing to it. As an experiment, or even just a hypothesis, it is a success. As others have mentioned, it is quick and easy, and then you're in on the joke.
Steven
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is at once very boring but so well written that it's enjoyable. I need to read through it again to see if I'm missing something, because it seems as though maybe I did???
Christiana Pearce
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
this book is really boring, but for a boring book, it's incredible
FabulousRaye
Mar 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2014, own-it, ebooks, omg-lol
I'm amazed at how banal and boring the authors made this.
Tamala Stuckey
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was boring. But amusing in an odd way lol Great book for reading before bed when you dont want to really think about anything too deep. It is a choose-your-own-adventure book, btw.
Kim Lo
May 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Review coming soon...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Emily's House (Akasha Chronicles, #1)
  • Wine in my Sippy Cup
  • Happily Ever Before
  • Villains
  • Killing Hitler With Praise And Fire: Choose Your Own Horrible History
  • Mom Con
  • Unknown (The Elements Trilogy, #1)
  • Ice and a Slice
  • Mommy Had a Little Flask
  • Lucky Number Six (The Fortune Cookies Chronicles #1)
  • A Family Reunion  (Charon Family, #1)
  • Shadows Falling (Shadows #2)
  • What's French for WTF? (Broads Abroad, #1)
  • The Dragon Hour
  • An Irishwoman's Tale
  • How to Remodel a Man: Tips and Techniques on Accomplishing Something You Know Is Impossible but Want to Try Anyway
  • Maggie: The dog Who Changed My Life
  • Monsters (The Bloodless, #1)
“You wonder if that really constitutes being ‘a coincidence’ but don’t press her on the issue, instead sticking your hand down your pocket to pretend to look for something when really just scratching an itchy testicle. ” 1 likes