Start by marking “Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Blood Awakening (Blood Burden, #0.5)

Blood Awakening (Blood Burden 0.5)

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  475 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 33 pages
Published January 7th 2011 by Wenona Hulsey

To ask other readers questions about Blood Awakening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Awakening

Giovanni Gelati
Jul 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YA paranormal fans out there? This is an author you need to have on your radar regardless of what genre you read. I have been fortunate working for Trestle Press to come across some really good reads from Werner Lind, Laurie Bowler, and B.R. Stateham to name a few. Wenona Hulsey has an amazing narrative and a knockout punch of a character here in” Blood Awakening “ the digital short story prequel to her upcoming full length release “The Burden of Blood” . The full length work should be released ...more
Joey Butcher
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Awakening is a short story that works as a prelude for Wenona Hulsey’s upcoming novel Burden of Blood. The silly banter between Nichole and Kat is hilarious, their friendship is one that you can admire and relate to. There is so much foreshadowing! Between the stranger in the dark, Nicole’s dream and the intriguing ending, the story does a fantastic job of building as you go. Did we mention the love interest? For a small vacation crush, the relationship was done tactfully and not pushed to ...more
Stephanie
Dec 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a short story that left me longing for more. I love Nicole and Kat. They are a few ladies that you'd love to hang out and hit the beach with. This short story has alot packed into the pages. With a road trip, a set up for a love story, and a stranger lurking in the shadows, all makes for a good tale. After reading this one, I downloaded and read the next two two in the series as well. This is a great series!
Stephanie Nelson
Although this was a short story, it didn't feel like it. There's so much going on that i was pulled into the story. Wenona Hulsey did a wonderful job and i'm very much looking forward to reading Burden of Blood, her novel that goes along with this short.
Darlene
Apr 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicole Keenan is best friends with Kat. The girls are getting away from Alabama for a weekend of fun in Panama City, Florida. On their first night, they meet Nick Read and his friend, Matt, at a beach bar. Nicole becomes filled with a sense of fear, and her eyes scan the room to find what is causing her to feel this way. She sees a man sitting at a table in a dimly-lit corner. That night, Nicole has a dream about a castle. She sees a woman on a balcony who warns her telepathically that, "They ar ...more
Rae Sontheyon
Warning This is A Prequel or Novelette Not A Whole Book

So big heads up this is not a book it's a short novella prequel for the Blood Awakening Series. When I first downloaded this short story a couple years ago it was just listed as a book, so reading it now and getting through the story only to find it end so abruptly was a downer.

The story is about Nicole Keenan and her crazy weekend in Panama City, Florida with her BFF, Kat. Nicole just wants to get away and let loose. Drinks, rest and party
Melinda
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goodreads-
Nicole, a small town Alabama girl, and her best friend Kat take a weekend trip to Panama City, Florida. Kat looking to have a good time and Nicole hoping to escape the pain of losing her mother for a little while. Little did Nicole know, the escape would awaken a ancient power that is hidden in her blood. A power that evil wants for its own and will do whatever it takes to have it.

Great short story! Flowed beautifully with no rushed feeling, which is unusual for short stories. Its a gr
Ronda
Feb 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Awakening is a prequel to Burden of Blood and it gives us an insight to Nicole and her best friend Kat... The short break that these girls take is the first steps to Nicoles hidden secret (even hidden from her!) that she does not want to know.

Usually, short stories and prequels are rarely a good find, this book, however, was really well worth the read and it has given me the incentive to look further into Wenona Hulsey's books.

Anino
This was just enough to whet my appetite, but it wasn't enough to make me want to pre-order book 1. Other than that it was decent, but it felt like the author took one of her deleted chapters, and passed it onto her readers for 99 cents... Fortunately, I was able to get it for free via Kindle...(LOL!)...

Anyhoo, I'm giving this one 2.5 stars...
Emme
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm looking forward to the further adventures of Nicole! This short was light-hearted but had some ominous elements, as well-- that's the combination I like in my paranormal romance stories. I'm wondering, though, how this short story fits into the larger one that is coming out in the novel Burden of Blood. Guess I'll have to wait and see!
Free Books, .99 &...: Two Copies of Blood Awakening, Intl Ends 5-8-12 1 10 May 04, 2012 09:15AM
  • Death's Avatar (Descent, #0.5)
  • Fated Hearts
  • Spell Checked (Logic, #1)
  • Keeper, part 1 (Hidden Bloodlines #1)
  • Seventh Mark (Hidden Secrets, #1)
  • The Grave Artist
  • Broken Butterflies
  • Stake You (Stake You #1)
  • Rise from Darkness (Battle for Souls, #1)
  • Prince Prelude (Legend, #0.75)
  • Dark Revelation
  • Wicked Hungry
  • The Tears of Elios (Elgean Chronicles, #1)
  • A Night at Tears of Crimson (Tears of Crimson, #1)
  • Lover's Betrayal (Misfits of the Lore, #1)
  • Protector (Anniversary of the Veil, Book 1)
  • In Cassie's Corner
  • Synthetic: Dark Beginning

Blood Burden (3 books)
  • Burden of Blood (Blood Burden, #1)
  • Blood of Fire (Blood Burden, #2)