Start by marking “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)” as Want to Read:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(Harry Potter #7)

4.62  ·  Rating details ·  3,270,336 ratings  ·  74,963 reviews
It's no longer safe for Harry at Hogwarts, so he and his best friends, Ron and Hermione, are on the run. Professor Dumbledore has given them clues about what they need to do to defeat the dark wizard, Lord Voldemort, once and for all, but it's up to them to figure out what these hints and suggestions really mean. Their cross-country odyssey has them searching desperately f ...more
Hardcover, First American Edition, 759 pages
Published July 21st 2007 by Arthur A. Levine Books

To ask other readers questions about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, please sign up.
Necayl Norris I don't think it ended soon, it was a ten year journey for all. I will miss the story, but "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home, whether…moreI don't think it ended soon, it was a ten year journey for all. I will miss the story, but "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home, whether by book or screen". JKR has written several other books, Mostly adult fiction from what I can tell, and there's always Pottermore! They are also producing a "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" film. There are many contributing factors as to way people "hate on" Harry Potter, most of them unfounded. We will "Always" remember you Harry, Hermione, Ron, and the others.(less)
Justine Bunting Voldemort still has his wand. At the beginning of this book, he measures it against Lucius Malfoy's showing he still has it and it is intact. Dumbledo…moreVoldemort still has his wand. At the beginning of this book, he measures it against Lucius Malfoy's showing he still has it and it is intact. Dumbledore explains to Harry in book 4 that since both wands contained a tail feather from Fawkes the phoenix, the couldn't face each other as they'd refuse to destroy each other pretty much. It is assumed that Ollivander explained something similar to Voldemort when he offered the suggestion of using a different wand. In Harry's vision after arriving at The Burrow in this book, Voldemort tortures Ollivander because his assumption that any different wand would work appeared to be incorrect as Lucius's wand was destroyed when Voldemort faced Harry with it.(less)

·  3,270,336 ratings  ·  74,963 reviews

Start your review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
Tara
Mar 13, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: desperate Harry Potter Fans
Suzanne
“I’m going to keep going until I succeed — or die. Don’t think I don’t know how this might end. I’ve known it for years.” — Harry Potter

Most seventeen-year olds don’t view the possibility of an early death as being, well, possible. But then again, most seventeen-year olds haven’t come face-to-face with death almost half a dozen times before their first kiss either.

In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the seventh and final installment of the ridiculously popular Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowl
Kassidy
Jun 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
It's hard for me to believe that I finished the Harry Potter series... I wish this series would go on forever!
I don't know how I've gone through my life without these books. I regret not reading it when I was younger, but I am so happy that I finally did, better late than never, right?
The world built in these books is so real and tangible, it is truly a masterpiece. The characters are engaging and brilliant, and I love how the plot is so interwoven and twisted within itself, especially in this l
Jayson
(A) 86% | Extraordinary
Notes: It ends too expository and convenient, but the story's compelling, and its new settings are a nice break from formula.
❀ Lily ❀
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe its over.... I've FINALLY read the Harry Potter series.
And WHAT an ending to the series this book was..

Video Review: https://youtu.be/aefPuw_O3n4
Tharindu Dissanayake
"OI! There's a war going on here!"
"Merlin's Pants!"

The six-year build-up is over. The final adventure, towards which we've been sailing for - through six amazing Hogwarts years - is here at last. And yet again, Rowling surpasses her own standards to bring us the most adventurous book of the entire series, to conclude everything is a most dramatic way. Twist after twist after twist is going to keep the reader immersed more than ever. Be warned: once started, you won't have a moment's rest
Jayson
(A) 86% | Extraordinary
Notes: A bittersweet bewitchment: all stumble-back and rally, the touchy truth of bitter youth, and fevered feelings to finale.
Kai Spellmeier
“Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic. Capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it. Use your words wisely and support trans lives.”
- Definitely not JKR

I love Harry Potter as much as anyone, which is why I urge everyone who spends money on these books to also support the trans community.

To say it with the author's words: “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” Well.

Here’s a list of
Regan
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sigh... I just can't ...more
Danielle
Sep 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Welcome to my re-read of the timeless series “Harry Potter”. 🤓⚡️If you’ve followed along, then you already know, that I’m reading the books, listening to a fun (adult) podcast and watching the movies. ❤️📚🎧🎬

⚠️This review contains spoilers⚠️
If you don’t yet know:
*why we wonder if the Dementors blew a new personality into Dudley
*why we’re calling Harry Barney or Barry, the cousin
*the loss of laughter with a twin
*why the word “always” means more than you know
——-Then proceed with extreme caution!——
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
I hadn't read this book in so long... it's been great to reread it and notice all the details I had forgotten!

It was perfect for the holidays (even though this one is quite dark!)
emma

Hot take: I like A Very Potter Musical more than I like the Harry Potter series. Please feel free to physically fight me. (And no, “AVPM wouldn’t exist without the series” is not a valid argument, because duh.)

God, what an unexpected result this is. Let's talk about it for six pages. I loved Half-Blood Prince so much that I postponed finishing the series for five months. More context: I started rereading this series in December, I was done the sixth book i
jessica
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
happy thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today! we all have so much to be thankful for! this year (and every year), i am immensely thankful for books; but in particular, this series.

i know im not original when i say the harry potter books are what made me fall in love with reading. but they gave me a childhood far more magical and imaginative than i could have ever asked for. they opened my eyes to a world beyond the one in which i lived. the series taught me the value of empathy, that courag
Chelsea Humphrey
Nov 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is finished.

I’m thrilled to say that I managed to follow through with at least one book related commitment this year, and that was to read the entire Harry Potter series for the first time. It’s tough to pick a favorite from the group, but the Deathly Hallows is a worthy contender for that coveted first spot. As the dark tension that began growing at the finish of the Goblet of Fire has come full circle, I felt this was the perfect finale to a (rightfully) highly acclaimed series. I’m so hap
Luffy
Though this is the least magical Harry Potter book, the weakest, the least whimsical, the least logical, it remains that I do consider it a 5 star book.

Keeping the differences in Lord Thingy and Harry Potter in mind, the finale, symbolically played out in the Great Hall of Hogwarts, could not have been better conceived.

I was curious to see if I would cry again. I did. The Prince's Tale gets to me every time. The epilogue seems to belong to Cursed Child more than to Deathly Hallows, but J.K. Rowl
Mohammed Arabey
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First of all, It's awesome finding out that this book is Dedicated specially to you by the Queen herself -for me Joanna Rowling is the English Queen for Magic, just as there's a Queen for muggles- & it's Really yours personally..
If you Stuck With Harry Until The Very End.

I've been stuck with Harry myself for 10 years now..when I first read the Arabic edition of the 1st book on Sep.2003.. I felt how it's different than the movie,The characters more alive ,forcing you to feel that they're your fri
Ahmad Sharabiani
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter #7), J.K. Rowling

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is a fantasy book written by British author J. K. Rowling, and the seventh and final novel of the Harry Potter series.

The book was released on 21 July 2007, ending the series that began in 1997 with the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

The story follows Harry Potter who has been tasked by Dumbledore with finding and destroying Lord Voldemort's secret to immortality.
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
5 Golden Stars

End of an Epic journey,
7 books full of magic & fun & friendship.
7 books of constant thrills
7 precious gems

It's the last station.
We're in the Endgame now.

You can find whole HP series review in full detail Here

I loved the second half of this book wholeheartedly! it was thrilling & wonderful! how they were enlightened by the information. how they solved the mystery! how they reacted, planned & how it ended. it was EPIC!
the first half was mysterious too. I liked that.
but the newspaper
Hamad
This review and other non-spoilery reviews can be found @The Book Prescription

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

🌟 I just decided not to write a review, because you either have read the books or you didn’t and in that case I can’t write a review without spoiling much. Instead I am going to pay tribute to the characters (I established that the series has the best characters ever) with GIFS!!!

🌟 Hermione: I think without Hermi
Darth J
(So I never did a review of this and am deciding to add one now.)

I'm a Millennial, and like most Millennials, I grew up with Harry Potter. Not just the books, but we kinda aged with him (or thereabouts). It's a coming of age story for our whole generation, whether or not we received our Hogwarts letters.

And we were there together. We were at midnight release parties and movie theaters, lined up and excited to share in the adventure. I can't think of the number of people who I've bonded with over
April
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I always wonder how the characters are doing after a series ends🤔
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I remember when the hardback came out. Wal-Mart was having a big to do at midnight but I worked 3rd shift at the post office at that time. I stopped by after work around 7 ish am and there were a few copies left. I was so excited and I ended up not getting much sleep and was tired that night at work because I couldn't put the book down.

And I cried and cried. I still do. Some of these books do that to me no matter how many times I read the books.

Happy Reading!

Aj the Ravenous Reader
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Jia and Kyra
Shelves: fantasy, lol, five-stars
***** CONTAINS SPOILERS SO MAYBE DON'T READ THIS WHEN YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK YET. :) *****

“The true master of death does not seek to run away from death. He accepts that he must die and understands that there are far worse things in the living world than dying.” -Albus Dumbledore

To you, yes you, reader of this review , should you decide to read this review from beginning up to the very end, I offer you my deep thanks for your resilience, bravery and loyalty for this may be one of the
NickReads
Sep 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I miss this world.
Nilufer Ozmekik
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
After watching 20th anniversary of my all time best fantasy series( feeling sorry for both Roberts and Watson), I chose the last book to return back to the universe for saying see you soon to my favorite characters.

Even though the book is slow burn, I didn’t mind as long as I already know where it goes. It might be my fourth time read and I’m so sure it won’t be last!

So many people may think why we connect with HP books so deeply? My answer is it awakens different feelings that change at each
chloe
3rd: August 2018 (audiobook)
Listening to this on audiobook was a dream come true. It was like watching a 100% faithful adaptation of the book. Perfection 😭💕

I LOVED my re-read of the series via the Stephen Fry audiobooks. It was magical. ✨

2nd read: Feb-April 2018
I. Am. Dead. I already want to re-read the series again 😭
Reynita ★ The Night Reader ★
REVIEW TO COME TOMORROW

'Do not Pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and above all, those who live without love.'

it still feels weird to me me for finishing this series. I mean, I had read this series since August and I feel really ... weird. I feel like I just bought the first book yesterday instead of months ago. I feel like I just read the first book yesterday instead of months ago.
Months ago, I thought I would feel okay when I finished this series but I do not feel that way. I feel ...
Julie G
My oldest daughter and I started the Harry Potter series this past December and finished the last book today.

It took me 7 months to read the 7 books out loud to her. Seven. A magical number! J.K. Rowling would be proud.

It was a reread for me, the first time for her, and as we closed the cover on The Deathly Hallows, we experienced a moment of silent awe, then one of us (I won't say who) shed a few tears.

We sat there, quietly, staring at each other in wonder. Will we ever have a shared reading e
Harry Potter: Write a Story! 6 131 Jun 27, 2022 08:07AM
What Harry Potter ship is best? 3 22 Jun 25, 2022 07:52PM
Can you kill a wizard by shooting or stabbing him? 48 288 Jun 16, 2022 05:42AM
Biggest plot holes in Harry Potter. (all books) 3 58 May 21, 2022 09:41PM
Who do YOU ship with Hermione? 326 1349 Mar 28, 2022 07:21AM
Favorite Character in Harry Potter 62 166 Mar 20, 2022 08:57AM
Who's death did you cry over the most?? 381 1325 Feb 08, 2022 02:15PM

• Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
  • New Moon (The Twilight Saga, #2)
  • Breaking Dawn (The Twilight Saga, #4)
  • Eclipse (The Twilight Saga, #3)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)
  • Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Hogwarts Library)
  • The Chronicles of Narnia (Chronicles of Narnia, #1-7)
  • The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2)
See top shelves…