Start by marking “Everything Goes: In the Air” as Want to Read:
Everything Goes: In the Air

Everything Goes: In the Air

(Everything Goes Big Books)

Jets and blimps and helicopters and gliders!

Balloons and biplanes too!

everything goes!

Zoom along with Henry and his parents as they take off on an airborne journey and learn about all kinds of flying vehicles.

With clever mini-story lines, seek-and-find activities, dozens of funny details, and cool cutaways, Everything Goes: In the Air is an interactive book that provides h
Published September 18th 2012 by Balzer + Bray (first published September 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Everything Goes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everything Goes

Start your review of Everything Goes: In the Air
Crystal
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
Great book for kiddos interested in transportation. 4yo loved all the pictures. Fun, interactive, educational.
Emmaline MacBeath
May 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
SUMMARY: This is both a fact book about flying machines and a story of a young boy who is going on a trip with his parents by airplane. He asks questions along the way about different types of air machines. There are two page spreads of the different types such as helicopters, hot air balloons, vintage planes, jet planes, and work planes.

ILLUSTRATIONS: The illustrations are colorful and funny. But they are extremely over busy. It is like reading a Where's Waldo book. You must spend much time loo
Caroline Petrow
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Everything Goes in the Air by Brian Briggs

Description: This book is al about airplanes. It uses engaging cartoon like illustrations and speech bubbles to provide facts about airplane, including the history, types and parts of a plane.

Mini Lesson: Diagrams - this book has a great diagram of the parts of the airplane. Its cartoon-like illustrations and simple labeling make it easy for children to see how to create a diagram. It provides key terms about the parts of a plane.

Position of text on a pa
Tasha
Dec 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Brian Biggs has several new books out which is great news for youngsters who love cars, trucks and airplanes. Everything Goes in the Air takes Henry and his family on an airplane ride. Readers get to visit a bustling airport, where they can search for lost babies. From vintage airplanes to modern ones, we learn about the different parts of a place and the various types they come in. Modern airport security is explained, then the book turns to helicopters and hot air balloons. Just before takeoff ...more
Margaret Chind
Oh this is fabulous! Bright and vibrant and full of facts and trivia this book is fun. This oversized book has lots of vocabulary. Reading through early readers can learn through questions asked by the boy going on an airplane ride. This is an awesome picture dictionary. It will provide an excellent gift to a kid before a trip or even someone just interested to learn about all sorts of machines that fly. There is so much to look at including five missing babies on each page. Then a double fold o ...more
Hockey Mama
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My 4yr old is big into planes right now.

This book was great. We didn't "read" the book so much as look at all the wonderful illustrations. The detail, and funny additions to the scenes around the airport were great.

I read some of the text bubbles and I was chuckling. My 4yr old was more interested in the Planes, jets, helicopters, balloons, blimps, and anything else that was "IN THE AIR"

He learned a new word "Parachute" (He thought it was a balloon. We had a great discussion on what a parachute
Dawn
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Graphic Novel #2
Text to self: I really liked this book because I’ve never been on a plane before. I think I made a connection with it because the little boy has never been on a plane before and he’s asking all sorts of questions about all different plane related things.

Text to text: I would connect this book to “Planes Fly!” by George Ella Lyon. Planes fly is also about different plane related things. Both books describe the different things you’ll see on a plane and the parts of a plane.

Text
Marika
Jan 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Using bright colors and fun characters, Brian Biggs, creator of Everything Goes on Land, takes on the air in his newest book. Brian starts with a simple storyline, using it as an excuse to plunge readers into the intricacies of air travel, from airport security to the different types of helicopters to the interior of a commercial plane. Young vehicle enthusiasts will spent hours pouring over the jam-packed illustrations.
Samantha
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
A book about air travel with detailed illustrations that bring to mind Richard Scarry's artwork. The layout reads like a comic book which will appeal to a young audience and information is displayed in text boxes. I'd use this title in a display of books about transportation and recommend it to families traveling with young children for the the first time as it answers many common questions.
Daphne
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It's detailed, funny, and informative - three of my favorite things for a picture book to be. I can see a child spending lots of time on each page, picking up on all of the careful details. Fantastic! I almost forgot: I particularly love the dedication: "For my dad, who taught me how to draw helicopters in church when I was nine."
Jess
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
November 2016 - we don't read the whole text every time, but Ben loves all the big spreads of different planes, asks questions about them, and always seems reluctant to turn the page. He also likes the look-and-find babies, and following the family through the airport. I don't know when he'll have a chance to go on a real airplane, but something tells me he'll love it when it finally happens.
Joella
Oct 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
I liked the fun extra bits in this story. It almost felt like a "Where's Waldo" type of book where there were things (such as the numbers 1 to 100) to look for. Although I wouldn't actually read this in a storytime. The text bubbles are more for looking at on your own or in a one on one reading. Older picture book readers will really like this. Loads of fun.
Maddypictures
Nov 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Busy detailed pages, some in graphic novel format with plenty of sidebar info and speech bubbles. Think Richard Scarry's insane labeling crossed with the humorous hidden details of Martin Handford's Where's Waldo series. Sure to be pored over by transportation fans.
Dannie
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
My 3yo and 4yo both LOVE this book. Although they're usually too excited and busy talking about all the airplanes on each page to actually hear what I read about them! Maybe by the 5th or 6th time through. :) Son went to bed last night hugging the book to his chest.
Kristen
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Way better than some of the books written for kids about what to expect when you go to the airport, this has all kinds of "where's Waldo" details along with lots of information about airplanes, helicopters, hot air balloons, etc.
Miss Megan
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for keeping kids busy, entertained and educated! Kids will pour over this!!
Sylvester
Nov 18, 2015 rated it liked it
3* art
3* story

Lots to look at. Really, you could make up several stories if you didn't like the one printed. Squirt enjoys looking for the babies.
Jen
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pb
This was a very detailed book that presents non-fiction in a palatable manner. Really fun read!
Edward Sullivan
Sep 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Up, up, and away!
Viv
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
The illustration will definitely get the attentions of little ones, especially those who are fascinated by airplanes or anything that goes in the air!
Ms. B
Aug 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Nonfiction meets graphic novel in this oversized book that is full of facts about flights, humor and bright colorful comic illustrations.
Srosch
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brennan favorite
Pam  Page
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a FUN book! Tons of information about flying but busy pictures to look for all types of people, airplanes, and all of the types of activities that go with taking a flight!
Kate

• 10 Minutes till Bedtime
  • Say Something
  • Noisy Night
  • Will Giraffe Laugh?
  • The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog!
  • When Sophie Gets Angry -- Really, Really Angry
  • Crankenstein
  • Mr. Bones (Charles Reasoner Halloween Books)
  • Easy Prey
  • Five Little Pumpkins Came Back
  • A Dog with Nice Ears: Featuring Charlie and Lola
  • I Like the Farm
FROM Weird Business, 1995:

Often compared to Charles Addams and Edward Gorey, Brian Biggs first unleashed his bizarre storytelling skills on an unsuspecting world with the love story Frderick & Eloise (Fantagraphics). Since then Brian's work has appeared in a variety of magazines. He is currently in negotiations for his new graphic novel Dear Julia.

Everything Goes Big Books (3 books)
  • Everything Goes: On Land