Start by marking “The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2

(The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories #2)

Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt (The Dark Knight Rises, Inception, Looper, 500 Days of Summer) made a big splash with The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories - so now he’s back with volume 2! One of the most ingenious and successful projects to come out of Gordon-Levitt's online creative coalition hitRECord - an international collaboration of artists and writers - The Tiny Book of Tiny S ...more
Published November 13th 2012 by It Books

To ask other readers questions about The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2, please sign up.
Moenokori http://www.amazon.com/The-Tiny-Book-S... <-- Here is where I purchased my copy. My brother's girlfriend has some art in this book. :)…morehttp://www.amazon.com/The-Tiny-Book-S... <-- Here is where I purchased my copy. My brother's girlfriend has some art in this book. :)(less)

Start your review of The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
"As my story came to a close I realized that I was the villian all along."

I love this small book so much!!!
The illustrations are on spot and the little lines said everything. It depicts mental health, depression and suicide. And all those feelings that others would not understand.

Everything was so damn relatable.

Freaking adorable I say!
Jasmine
Nov 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
"I'm tired
of being tired
of being tired
of being"

That's one of many good stories in the book, but it's the one that struck me. I spoke in a couple other reviews about being diagnosed with depression and my shitty shitty meds and how they did nothing. That story that catches where I'm coming from.

I got a second opinion, the therapist thinks I have bipolar II with mixed or "irritable states" this basically means I have bipolar minus the fun part. This story makes me dwell on that as well.

I'm on
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Such a treat. Also completed a BTAT challenge in less than 10 minutes with this one. NAILED IT.
Lauren
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
The second installment of the Tiny Stories series is simply perfect for dipping in and out of when you have a spare few minutes.

This collection offers the reader a plethora of riches ranging from the deeply heartfelt musings (see Life and Death, Accident, He imagined a wonderful world and I just need some time away sketches), to the cute (heart, pillow, And when the day is done sketches), to the poignant (see fish, Gretel, I lost you, She came with a face and creature sketches).

All of the tiny
Despina | inwhirlofinspiration
What I was expecting and more! That was all about.

In this wonderful little book you will find a collection of drawings made by wirrow and many other artists. They all have as a common basis the stories. The stories that were said, came up, or stayed deep and hidden in a brain's lobe.
Here are some favorite illustration of mine:
description
description

You can find more pictures and a flipping-through-the-book video, here.

I suggest that as a gift to anyone who loves stories of all kinds. You can find some really though
catherine ♡
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
An amazing sequel. This book was beautiful and adorable and it was amazing to see how a story could be told in a few simple words.
Megha
OH GOD I WANT A COPY OF THIS BOOK SO BAD!!!
Mia  Bakhthiar
This book jabbed me straight in the heart. Such a tiny book with not-so-tiny feels.
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories. It's a hundred pages of stories that simply consist of a sentence or two and an illustration. And each one packs a small punch.

Simple. Inspiring sometimes. Humorous sometimes. Surprising.
Leish
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was so charmed by the first volume of tiny stories (review), however, I was so under the radar! I didn’t even realize the second volume had been published.

Just like Volume 1, I was absolutely charmed by this tiny book. The illustrations and words were just amazing. I love to see the talent of everyday people being recognized in a big way!

My favorite “story” is quite short, but it sums up my life:

“This is the saddest, most
depressing music i’ve ever heard.

It makes me so happy.”

The wonderful t
Cheryl
Dec 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Volume 2 is a fun collection of short stories. Some of the stories are quirky, which I liked. The illustrations that went with the stories were great. I almost could tell what some of the story were about by just by looking at the pictures. I did not need the words to go with them.

In addition, I like the idea of how this collection of stories came about. I checked out Joseph’s website, HitRecord and it is a very cool site. Everyone should check the site out. There
Nikhat Hetavkar
As brilliant as its predecessor,The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 2 is a great read. The illustrations are adorable and the text thought provoking. It very subtly tugs at your heart strings throughout alternating between cute, funny or sad stories all in the length of one page.

Ohh, dear book, where were you all my life?

P.S Dear JGL, just when I thought I couldn't love you more!! You do this to me! You should be ashamed of yourself!

So PICK THIS SHIT UP NOW!

Not convinced? Let the adorable Re
Priyanka
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tiny Stories is a winner. A thing to have and hold.

It commemorates exquisite ordinariness in a splendid and pleasantly simple way.

As Maria Popova beautifully puts it - " A charmingly minimalist cross-pollination of word and image at the heart of being human."
Jenbebookish
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Not as great as the first, but still a great lil gem.

Read 02/12/2019
kb
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I saw this at Dasa Book Cafe in Bangkok in June, I remember feeling so giddy. I was doing my writing project (#ProjectFlashPiction #PFP7D ) while travelling, and just what kind of kismet was it that we found each other? I liked the format—tiny, compact, sturdy—and liked the content too—tiny fiction, also compact (as in, obvs, short) and sturdy (as in strong in impact). Most of the stories revolve around fear, worry and anxiety, emotions I was very familiar with, and I enjoyed how much I was ...more
Tisha
Jul 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
I didn't understand this book! ._.
Shay
Nov 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
You likely know Joseph Gordon-Levitt as an actor, be it from Third Rock from the Sun (1996-2001) or his more recent work, such as Inception (2010), The Dark Knight Rises (2012) and Looper (2012). However, he is also the founder of HitRECord, the open collaborative production company which produced The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Volume 2, a collaborative anthology of artwork and writing that could easily be described as either a (very) short story collection, or poetry, depending on which piece yo ...more
Romane
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
I finally got my hands on a copy! I still couldn't get my clutches on volume 1, but I think this will suffice and satisfy my cravings for the time being. I totally love all of what's inside, warts and all. I practically went all gung-ho while reading it.

Here are some snippets:

I really enjoyed reading this. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is so brilliant, I've always admired his works. One of the best and truest books I've ever read.
Saiber
Tiny Book of Tiny Stories Vol 2. by Various Artists
2015 Reading Challenge - A Graphic / completely Illustrated book.

This book. I wanted to own it soo bad. Now I do. (I still have to get vol 1 and 3.)

Anyway, this is a powerful little (tiny?) book filled with very clever 2-3 line stories and illustrations that complements them. Some story are extraordinary and beautiful. You are filled with awe in the wittiness of it all. And the illustrations just makes it even more awesome.
Roma
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
General Rating:7/10
Personal Rating: 4/10

This was actually really disappointing, I do not know what I was expecting but this was not it. Still, this collection of tiny short stories it's literal what it say it is.
Cute but not enough, at least for me.
Lisa
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
“This is the saddest, most
depressing music i’ve ever heard.

It makes me so happy.”
Kirsty
Aug 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, thoughtful, and creative. A wonderful little read.
Alexx
Just like the first volume, this was an amazing read as well! The tiny stories were interesting, and for me it really it shows the thoughts and emotions of the various contributors in different, little ways.
Bayan Ashoor
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
No matter how short the stories in this book, their hidden lines are long enough to stay in your mind
Ema badr
He drew all the curtains,so as to not let darkness in ...
but darkness was already hiding,waiting with a grin...
....
Ti
Dec 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-sent-to-me
The Short of It:

A marvelous little package of creativity.

The Rest of It:

This is another, amazing collection of stories and illustrations in the Tiny Book series. I reviewed Volume 1 last year and was so taken with the project in general, that I didn’t hesitate even for a moment when Volume 2 was offered to me earlier this year. HitRECord, founded by Joseph Gordon-Levitt invites writers and illustrators to contribute to these volumes via the HitRECord website.

These works are short, super shor
Gaby
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I just wanted to give a shout out for The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories 2. I was fortunate to read and review the first volume when it came out and am glad to report that this next book is just as enchanting. The Tiny Book is a collection of illustrations and small statements, so that you find a tiny poem/story for every 2 pages.

The book is a collaboration of different artists - "HitRecord" curates submissions from the public to come up with a careful selection that combines humor, hope and just a
Afrina
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: quick-reads
Whoa! Another quick read with so much depth in each story. Honestly, I did not understand a few of the stories, but I know others would understand those that I did not and not the ones I did.

So this book is pretty much about little stories that are significant to the people who wrote it! In some way though, it is relevant to everyone. Most the stories are different to one another, yet they all seem to intertwine. The stories are about life.

This book was as enchanting as the first, which did no
Kelly Hager
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is obviously the second volume of The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories. Each page has a drawing and the page next to it has a short story (very short---a sentence usually). Some are funny, some are sad and all are worth reading.

These books appeal to me for the same reason that PostSecret and the found note project does: it shows that I'm not alone in the world. And yes, not all of these sentences apply to me, but the ones that do...wow.

This is a small book, very portable and definitely readable
Humaira
'How long is a tiny story?
It's as long as a piece of string. A really tiny piece of string that can stretch out from your pillow to this forest, weaving through mountains on the way and birds perch on it and sing!
I see...'

This book was another volume of adorable, unique, witty, tiny stories that made me smile. While volume one was completely black and white, this book had some splashes of colour in it, mainly red and some bits of pink.

Some of the illustrations were moody and atmospheric and rea
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• On the Horizon
  • Who Was Genghis Khan?
  • Deep Dark Fears
  • Gudetama: Love for the Lazy
  • Dear Mrs. Naidu
  • TBH, You Know What I Mean (TBH, #6)
  • The Beckoning Fair One
  • Will Williams
  • Bombay Balchao
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Fearless Freedom
  • Shikhandi and Other Stories They Don't Tell You
  • The Rabbit and the Squirrel: A Love Story about Friendship
  • She Explores: Stories of Life-Changing Adventures on the Road and in the Wild
  • Over the Edge: Death in Grand Canyon
  • Hey Ranger! True Tales of Humor & Misadventure from America's National Parks
  • Jorasanko
  • Loam
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is an American actor whose career as both a child and adult has included television series and theatrical films.

He is known for his roles in the 2009 indie (500) Days of Summer (for which he earned a Golden Globe nomination), a supporting role in the 2010 science fiction film Inception, and for starring in the 2011 drama 50/50. Beginning in commercials as a young child, he mad

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories (4 books)
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 1
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Vol. 3
  • The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories - 2010

News & Interviews

“Your heart has a little empty corner. You won't even know I'm there -- I'll be very quiet.” 85 likes
“I just need some time away to remember why I stay.” 75 likes