Start by marking “Awake in the Wild: Mindfulness in Nature as a Path of Self-Discovery” as Want to Read:
Awake in the Wild: Mindfulness in Nature as a Path of Self-Discovery

Awake in the Wild: Mindfulness in Nature as a Path of Self-Discovery

Nature deficit disorder has become an increasingly challenging problem in our hyper modern world. In Awake in the Wild, Mark Coleman shows seekers how to remedy this widespread malady by reconnecting with nature through Buddhism. Each short (two to three pages) chapter includes a concrete nature meditation relating to such topics as Attuning to the Natural World, ...more
Published November 1st 2006 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about Awake in the Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Awake in the Wild

Start your review of Awake in the Wild: Mindfulness in Nature as a Path of Self-Discovery
Jeff
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wishes to become more connected to the natural world.
Katrina Dreamer
I felt such excitement and joy reading this book...so many great exercises and meditations and a simple and elegant wisdom that comes from the author's many years studying Buddhism. I feel these practices marry well with my own terrapsychological practices.
Had Walmer
on reading few passages this is like a dear friend and dharma brother, gently showing what we are present with, in this moment
Had Walmer
Have just read a few passages and already am enjoying this fine book;
like a dharma friend to join on a hike anywhere, 'in nature'.
Maya
Apr 19, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ecophychology
I loved all the meditations in the book.
Erin
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Love the connection between mindfulness and nature, this book was very special to me.
Vicki
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was required reading for a class I took, but I really enjoyed it! Excellent guidance for mindful meditation in nature.
Henning
Apr 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Det här är en underbar bok om naturen och vårt förhållande till den. Under läsningen hinner man tänka mycket på var man befinner sig i livet och hur man tar vara på det. Att börja tillbringa mer tid utomhus är för övrigt bland de bästa val jag gjort i mitt liv; rekommenderas!

Bäst blir boken när Coleman är riktigt personlig och talar om andra erfarenheter än sitt förhållande till naturen. På några ställen mot slutet hade jag gärna sett att han valt sådana exempel istället för sina evinnerliga
Amy Beth
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love the way he describes being in nature with such detail to make you really relish it when you're out there. It's an important reminder for me to slow down and appreciate the beauty and wildness as a gift ..too often ignored and taken for granted.
David Brown

• Sacred World: The Shambhala Way to Gentleness, Bravery, and Power
  • How Can I Help? Stories and Reflection on Service
  • The Ancient Oracles: Making the Gods Speak
  • Moon Lists
  • The Healing Wisdom of Africa: Finding Life Purpose Through Nature, Ritual, and Community
  • DSM-IV-TR Casebook: A Learning Companion to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Text Revision
  • Something Deeply Hidden: Quantum Worlds and the Emergence of Spacetime