Start by marking “Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)

Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  54,438 Ratings  ·  5,709 Reviews
Perfect for the fans of Shatter Me who are desperately awaiting the release of Unravel Me, this novella-length digital original will bridge the gap between these two novels from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner, the ruthless leader of Sector 45.

In Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me, Juliette escaped from The Reestablishment by seducing Warner—and then putt
Published October 2nd 2012 by Harper

To ask other readers questions about Destroy Me, please sign up.
Riley You don't need to read this in order to read the next one, it is just a novella. And the order of the entire series, including the two novellas is:

#1…more

#1 Shatter me
#1.5 (Novella) Destroy me
#2 Unravel me
#2.5 (Novella) Fracture me
#3 Ignite me(less)

Christine Riccio
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
DAMNIT WARNER. couldn't put this novella down... THAT NEVER HAPPENS WITH NOVELLAS.
Lucille
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Update 06-19-15: Tahereh Mafi has just announced that Shatter Me is going to be a tv show! OHMYGOD. I have so many feels! We are finally going to see a physical manifestation of Warner! WHY ISN'T EVERYONE ELSE FREAKING OUT?!

It would be a huge mistake if they don't cast Hunter Parrish because he looks perfect as Warner!

-----

SHE WILL CHOOSE ME.

October 16, 2012! I watched Tahereh Mafi's video of this saying that Destroy Me is written EXCLUSIVELY from Warner's point of view!

Tahereh Mafi, you've
Lola
*3.5 stars*

description

Possibly, the reason why I am not loving this as much as everyone else – even though I still enjoyed it – is because I’ve finished the Shatter Me trilogy weeks ago and only now decided to pick this #1.5 novella up.

It may not have been the most intelligent thing to do, but, in my defence, novellas are not my favorite types of reads and I prefer to leave them be, so they don’t risk ruining characters or…some scenes for me. Like it happened somehow with Roar and Liv

This was good though.
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of bad boys with a softer side
...from the perspective of the villain we all love to hate, Warner.

But I don't hate Warner. I looove him.

I didn't thought I could possibly love Warner more but I was wrong. My God,he is such a sweetheart. That scene with the dog killed me. I recently saw Equilibrium and something similar happened over there.

I don't usually rate novellas/short stories but in this case I will make an exception.

Full review to come.
Sofii♡ (A Book. A Thought.)

Re-Read : (13/02/2018)

I love Warner so much !, I've possibly already mentioned in my old review down here, but I'll say it again. This book is so necessary if you're reading the Shatter Me trilogy, I think that will give you a new perspective of Warner and his personal story, you can't miss this one, of course it's a 5/5 Stars for me, always

description

Original Review: (26/06/2016)

“I almost forget that she still hates me, despite how hard I've fallen for her.
And I've fallen.
I've hit the ground
Ninoska Goris
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
English - Español

In Shatter Me Juliette seduced and then wounded Warner with his own weapon to escape and help Adam, but Warner is still obsessed with her.

For people who do not like spoilers, I suggest to leave this supplementary book to the end because it gives way too much information. It is written from Warner's point of view and for me it is as wonderful as I thought.

✨✨✨

En Shatter Me Juliette sedujo y luego hirió con su propia arma a Warner para escapar y ayudar a Adam, pero Warner aun esta
Regan
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-owned-read
I honestly i thought i was with Adam all the way. But reading this has completely changed my perspective on everything, i am so TORN. I cannot wait to read unravel me now..

Also the new perspective was refreshing an allowed more insight on what was happened. I almost cried twice when i found out various truths while reading this..
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Warning: Do not read if you didn't read "Shatter Me" and don't want to be spoiled?! *lol*

I'm not quite sure if an additional short story to a series can really spoil you, but I thought I might warn you just in case! ;-P
But then again the only people who will read this will be people who loved the series so umm.... We're good?! *lol*

Anywayyyyyyy!

First of all: I already liked Warner in “Shatter me” and to read his POV in “Destroy me” only caused me to love him even more! XD

I L.O.V.E. Warner and I
Saniya
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: WARNER FANS.
Shelves: favorites
UPDATE! FUCKINGAWESOME UPDATE!♥
Official BOOK TRAILER and an excerpt of this book.^
Lets just say, I died after watching the trailer. Like.seriously. <.<
My reaction: OMG OMG OMG! DYYIINNG, DYYYYIIINNG! EEEE! AAAHH! OMG! ♥__♥
Warner is good, not great, and love when the soldiers and all are there. It just looks so real. I want the freaking movie. :(

Me right now.^
Oh. Lord. I think I am in Heaven.
My mind is still processing what I have just read.
After re
Booknut
Jun 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Everyone! Quick! IT'S A BOOK FULL OF WARNER AWESOMENESS!!

This book is amazing. Poor Warner - he's feelings for Juliette are so beautiful (and often screwed up, but who doesn't love a good-looking and witty psychopath, eh?!!). He's all like:

And I'm like:

And I still am. Yeah, Adam is a winner (no arguing there) but Warner has my heart! As does Kenji, the brilliant and foul-mouthed lad he is :D

So let us have a moment to appreciate the genius that is Tahereh Mafi...

Can't wait for Unravel Me!!!!
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing

“Sometimes I wish I could step outside of myself for a while.
I want to leave this worn body behind, but my chains are too many, my weights too heavy.
This life is all that’s left of me.
And I know I won’t be able to meet myself in the mirror for the rest of the day.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
This is a novella in Warner’s point of view where we see what’s going on in his mind after Juliette shot him. We get to meet Warner’s dad who is the real monster in the family.
We see Warner’s true and deep feelings for
Soumi
Update : 03/10/2012, my psycho lover has blow me away, making my lips trembling and anchoring a dull ache in my heart. Of Warner.....I love you. Review to come

Update : 6/26/2012 : I'm disappointed on the cover, I really had high expectation to see Warner on the cover :/

What???????? Perspective of Warner..Fuck yeah. I want this right now...my psycho lover Warner, here I come.
♥Christina
4.25 SHE WILL CHOOSE ME. ★'s

“Watching her talk to someone else made me crazy. I was jealous. Ridiculous. I wanted her to know me; I wanted her to talk to me. And I felt it then: this strange, inexplicable sense that she might be the only person in the world I could really care about.”

I can't believe I did not read this before now! In all honesty, I usually don't enjoy these short filler story's all that much. They usually bore me, there for I usually just skip them unless, I want a quick read. I
Mariah of the Night Court
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
WARNER MY LOVE.

***Contains Spoilers***

I HAVE NEVER READ A NOVELLA SO QUICKLY AND INTENSELY LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE.

The whole entire 109 pages were from Warner's point of view and made me love him more than I already do. And he thinks about Juliette a ton, which may sound a bit obsessive, but it still makes me all happy inside. The ways in which he thinks about her though are so, like, I can't even put it into words. Even though Juliette hates him, I still ship her and Warner together.

“That this gir
Jessica (Goldenfurpro)
Warner is a complete psychopath and is literally insane...
Is it weird that I like him better than Adam?

Kainat 《HUFFLEPUFF & PROUD》
Dec 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-hate
Reread.
“Some days I wonder why I insist on keeping myself alive...
I will give no one the satisfaction of my death.”

So i am a huge Warner fan and this book was a sweet sweet treat! This explains his beyond creepy behavior in Shatter Me. Don't get me wrong, i have no problem with him being creepy and evil but it was still fun seeing his vulnerable side. I mean, come on! Who doesn't want to know what goes on in that psychopathic head of his?

"This girl is destroying me. A girl who has spent the
Ariana
Jun 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Oh, my dear Warner, I love you so much it hurts. (4.5 stars)

I saw right through him.
You see, I love it when my heart is right.. and right now it still loves Warner to pieces.
Yes, he’s the bad guy.
No, he doesn’t need to convince me otherwise.

If I liked this amazing and complex character in Shatter Me, well now I feel like I’ve been bewitched by him, his dark mind, his fears, and his struggle. I repeat, Warner is not a good person, the world didn’t make him good, the world was not good to him eit
Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jan 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Love is a heartless bastard.”

This book definitely intrigued me. Being able to see the world through Warner’s eyes was not at all what I thought it would be. The world sees him as a detached, heartless, cruel, and obsessed monster when the truth is much more complicated than that. His life is a deadly chess game and the playing board is a landmine.

Juliette turned his life upside down but also gave it meaning and hope. She’s his saving grace. And she sees him as a monster... which sucks.

“I almo
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
Dec 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
 photo giphy_zps1aunpcv9.gif

God damnit Warner, you little bastard. Why'd you have to go and make me like you?

“I almost forget that she still hates me, despite how hard I've fallen for her.
And I've fallen.
So hard.
I've hit the ground. Gone right through it. Never in my life have I felt this. Nothing like this. I've felt shame and cowardice, weakness and strength. I've known terror and indifference, self-hate and general disgust. I've seen things that cannot be unseen.
And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible,
Anne
Nov 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Anne by: TO PEOPLE WHO HATE WARNER. MORE FOR ME
THIS IS NOT A REVIEW. THIS IS A STORY. A TRAGEDY.
Years ago when I was only but a young - and fairly impressionable too, fairly- girl, I met a boy. Dark and beautiful he was, intense too, and I unwittingly fell in love with him. Abominably madly, completely in love with him. That chapter of my life's been over for almost 4 years now, almost 4 years the story's been over, and still I can't forget him. I never will.

Reread. Again: Jan 31st/2016.
Every time I reread this, I become more and mor
Jeff
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Yaaaahhhhh!!!!
*squeals*

It's Warner everyone. Who doesn't want to read his POV?
It's brilliant and has Warner's beautiful voice narrating, so what could go wrong??!!!
.....
Um.....IT"S BORING!!!
That's the only thing. THE ONLY THING. I personally don't like these 1.5 thingamabob-books. What's the point of these??!! They're thin, easy to get through, and what's the point of reading a 100-200 page book that retells only two freaking parts of the story??!! And they're not even the GOOD parts, with Julie
Jan 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2016, ebook, ya, novella
I love Warner, he is adorable. Getting to see that there was a whole different side to him was good. I loved plain old evil Warner but knowing Warner has another side to him made me love him even more. I do believe that he loves Juliette and I want them to be together because they're actually exciting. Warner is my favourite character and he's the main reason why I love this series as much as I do.

I preferred the writing in this because Warner's POV isn't as annoying as Juliette's but I still d
Jessica
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Reread Feb 2017 -- 4/5 stars after rereading it

First Read June 2014 This is a first. I just gave this novella 5/5, but it's prequel (the 1st book in the series) a 4/5. So weird.

Really excited for book 2!
Zain Otoom
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Poor Warner :(
I really liked reading from his perspective. There's a lot we don't know about Warner, and it was very interesting and very sad to see his relationship with his dad. His dad just deserves a kick to his groin ^_^
Also, definitely team Warner.
Emma
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this so much?? this actually has such a well-written development of Warner's backstory and I feel much more confident about this series now.

also!! major trigger warnings for physical and emotional abuse!

--------------

time to see if my pal Warner can redeem himself and be the lesser of the two assholes!!!
Aj the Ravenous Reader
Dec 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Knowing that every word in the book came from Warner, I didn’t do anything except savor every single one of them. <3 <3 <3 I just love everything about him, the way he talks, the way he acts...I even love his obsession with cleanliness. No wonder he looks so perfectly irresistible- he likes to take long baths!!! (oops, spoiler! hahaha).

Clau R.
Yes Warner, yes, I will marry you.

I really liked this novella, and I'm glad I read it after Ignite Me, because I was discovering these great things about Warner at the same time Juliette was <3. And I just knew it! I knew Warner had so much more inside of him and this just made me love him more if that's even possible.
Angelica
Warner, my baby, you deserve so much happiness in this world!
destini mia
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
That this girl would know exactly how to shatter me.

This girl is destroying me.

That last one was just too perfect. I crack myself up.

Destroy Me was a really short novella taking place after Shatter Me in Warner's POV. I didn't need his side to know I was completely Team Warner . . . but this book just reinforced that I'm exactly where I should be.

*heart eyes*

In book one, we got clues as to what was really going on with Warner. He didn't have the happy, pampered and privileged lifestyle peop
Alana • thebookishchick
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“This girl is destroying me.
A girl who has spent the last year in an insane asylum. A girl who would try to shoot me dead for kissing her. A girl who ran off with another man just to get away from me.
Of course this is the girl I would fall for.”

I AM 110% TEAM WARNER AFTER THIS.
GET OUT OF HIS AWAY ADAM!!
OH MY GOD.

description”>
  • Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Among the Nameless Stars (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #0.5)
  • In Time (The Darkest Minds, #1.5)
  • An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • Endurance (Razorland, #1.5)
  • Glitter & Doom (Masque of the Red Death, #1.5)
  • Radiant (Unearthly, #2.5)
  • Annabel (Delirium, #0.5)
  • Phoenix Overture (Newsoul, #0.5)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Catching Suki (Lila, #0.5)
  • Elemental (Elemental, #0.5)
  • Ruled (Birthmarked, #2.5)
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
Tahereh Mafi is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Shatter Me series. She was born in a small city somewhere in Connecticut and currently resides in Santa Monica, California with her husband, fellow author Ransom Riggs. She can usually be found over-caffeinated and stuck in a book. Shatter Me is her first series, with television rights optioned by ABC Signature Studios; Fur ...more
More about Tahereh Mafi

Shatter Me (6 books)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4)
  • Untitled (Shatter Me, #5)
  • Untitled (Shatter Me, #6)

Young Adult Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Scat
  • Chomp
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • I See London, I See France
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Starfish
  • Olive's Ocean
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
  • Little Monsters
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Train I Ride
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
  • Greyhound
  • Annie on My Mind
    $9.99 $1.20
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
  • Ungifted
  • Julie of the Wolves
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Imitation (Clone Chronicles #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Space Between Heartbeats (Betwixt #1)
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Ticker
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
“And I've fallen.

So hard.

And yet I've known nothing like this terrible, horrible, paralyzing feeling. I feel crippled. Desperate and out of control. And it keeps getting worse. Every day I feel sick. Empty and somehow aching.

Love is a heartless bastard.”
866 likes
“People seldom realize that they tell lies with their lips and truths with their eyes all the time.” 527 likes