Start by marking “A Raging Storm (Derrick Storm, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Raging Storm (Derrick Storm, #2)

A Raging Storm

(Derrick Storm #0.5)

The second piece of the Derrick Storm trilogy from #1 New York Times bestselling author Richard Castle, available exclusively as an eBook short.

Days after being brought out of retirement to investigate a kidnapping, Derrick Storm has a dead US senator on his hands, an assassin to track down, and nearly six billion dollars' worth of gold bars--hidden by the Commun
Published July 3rd 2012 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about A Raging Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Raging Storm

Start your review of A Raging Storm (Derrick Storm, #2)
Vikas
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This was again a very quick read being only about 70 odd pages long. This continues the story from the very first book and leads to the 3rd part which I read first but the stories don't tie too much with the previous stories. Overall the story is full of action and spy stuff.

So read the entire trilogy and the 4th book is way bigger than the entire trilogy. Read and then Keep on Reading.

People who don't read generally ask me my reasons for reading. Simply put I just love reading and so to that e
Meghan
Jun 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
A Raging Storm was a good second e-novel. A Brewing Storm set up the story very nicely, however this was the typical middle story in a trilogy. Storm and Shower's are taken to London when they realize that their case about the senator was more than they bargained for, in many ways. Storm continues to be funny and I enjoy finding out his history, I also enjoy his flirtatious chemistry with Showers. The plot of this book was only okay. I am concerned more for the characters as people than as for w ...more
Kim
This books up exactly where the last one left off. Storm is in the thick of a conspiracy reaching around the world and is trying to figure it out before it's too late. There was a slight rehashing of the events of the last book but it was just enough to refresh my memory without being too much.

The story unfolds further with more of the motive behind it all becoming clear. There's not a lot of progression in the Storm/Showers relationship though. I think these novella could be a bit longer. I wa
Lina
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was ok
Just as clichéd as the first, slightly less misogynistic, and peppered with a gazillion typos (threw for through. Whose for who's. Castle would not be amused).

Why don't eBooks get proper editing? It's annoying.
Valerie
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Very good book. A must read.
Yuval
Jun 19, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was better than the first. Although Derrick Storm could really do better. I love Showers, she's a badass. I hope she survives this.
Christy Parker
Feb 12, 2015 rated it liked it
“A Raging Storm” by Richard Castle is the second novella in the Derrick Storm trilogy. The most common complaints that I’ve heard about this book is that it is formulaic, trite, pulpy. All of these things are true. It’s also entertaining as hell. Seriously, not every book that you read has to be highbrow literature. Sometimes, you just want a little pulpy, ridiculous entertainment.

Enter Richard Castle.

For a more indepth review of this novella, you could just check out my review of the first book
Mitch
Jul 13, 2012 rated it liked it
I really liked A Brewing Storm because it felt truer to the Richard Castle character on Castle than any of the Nikki Heat books, but A Raging Storm sorta takes a step back. But first, I gotta say even after just two of these Derek Storm shorts, I'm kinda getting tired of this format, send Storm out on a spy caper with some bare bones of buildup and then, boom, end on a cliffhanger. Annoying marketing ploy for the next short.

But anyway, in a way this book is better than the first, it's less silly
Jul 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2012
I have been missing Castle a lot this summer. Usually I just start re-watching my DVDs but my television time has been greatly reduced this summer so reading these little short stories from 'Richard Castle' help ease the ache. Even though these stories revolve around Derrick Storm, Castle's series prior to Nikki Heat, it is a lovely morsel of the Castle lore from the writers. In fact, you can actually hear Castle's voice in Derrick Storm.

As for A Raging Storm, this brings us a little closer to t
David Dalton
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, action, spies
I am enjoying these Derek Storm short stories. I bought all 3 of them for my wife for Christmas, but I am the one so far who is zipping thru them. I am already 10% into A Bloody Storm (Derrick Storm, #3) by Richard Castle . But in effect these 3 short stories form one longer book. Price tag for all 3 books is $7.50 or so. I might not have spent that much on myself, but my wife is worth it. Plus in effect we are sharing the cost on the Richard Castle books (she is the one who got me hooked on the TV show).

The 2nd book improved a tad over the f
John Amory
Sep 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Much more tightly plotted than the first piece of the Derrick Storm trilogy, though still sloppily edited. There are several instances when their/there/they're is mixed up, as well as your/you're; I paid for these books, the least Hyperion could do is hire someone with half a brain to write and/or edit them.

But my annoyances with the editing aside, the flow of A Raging Storm is much better than A Brewing Storm. The plot moves more quickly, and the confusing use of italics to reflect Storm's thou
Gordon Shumway
Mar 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
I enjoyed the first instalment of this Derrick Storm "trilogy" of novellas (basically one story broken into 3 ebooks).

They must have switched ghost writers for the second one - everything that made "A Brewing Storm" enjoyable, "A Raging Storm" lacked. While the former was hardly going to win any awards, the latter was all but unreadable.

The writing is dreadful and I seriously doubt if the finished manuscript passed within 100 feet of an editor at any point before it was published. The characters
Aparna
May 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Stars: 2.5 / 5
Recommendation: A quick and easy read to have a continuity in the trilogy, but nothing as big as raging.

A Raging Storm is the second book published in July of 2012 by fictional author Richard Castle from the TV series Castle (portrayed by Nathan Fillion) (My review of the TV series here: http://inspirethoughts.livejournal.co...). This forms the second book in a trilogy within the series.

As we see in the previous book, A Brewing Storm (My review of the book here: https://inspirethou
Pam Fullem
Aug 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
I must admit I got this e-book from my local library on a bit of a lark, since I enjoy the television show "Castle". I started reading this not aware at first that it is the second in the series. That did not affect its ability to catch my interest. The plot was somewhat predictable, but the characters were engaging. One of the more corny things was that the main female characters name was 'April Showers'! I kid you not! It was a quick, easy read, but did not grab me enough to make me want to co ...more
Nadine
Jun 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This second installment was much better than the first. Full of action, decent writing, and better character development.
Maria
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
What is it about?

This is a collection of 3 short stories featuring Derrick Storm. The Storm novels are Richard Castles’ claim to fame in the TV show Castle.

In the first of these stories, Storm is called upon to help figure out who kidnapped a powerful senator’s son. The next two stories follow directly from the first story which quickly develops international tension.

Was it good?

I have read most of the Nikki Heat novels by Richard Castle, which are also mentioned in the show, and I watched the s
R.
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was ok
Tagcaver
May 31, 2019 rated it liked it
This is book 2 of a series of short books about fictional character Derrick Storm. I would rather have had the short books combined into a larger book to read all together, instead of in individual books.

The second book also apparently didn't have a very good editor. I found "your" used when "you're" should have been used, "you're" used instead of "your" a few pages later, and a "she had ran" instead of "she had run".

Other than the glaring grammar errors the book wasn't bad, just too short. Now
Kirsten Boswell
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Derrick Storm novels are a super quick read and truthfully don’t have the best developed plot lines. However, for Castle fans, these are fun and easy reads that make references in the show extremely enjoyable. Going in knowing it’s a tie-in and done by a ghost writer for the sake of fans, I was not disappointed at all. It’s obviously not a New York Best Seller but that doesn’t mean it isn’t a good read!
Hayleigh
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Storm was actually kind of likeable in this one. Maybe it's the British air haha :p I am so glad that Showers is a strong character who stands up for herself and doesn't take Storms bs. Plot wise, I'm not blown away, but they are super quick reads and I'm definitely invested to see how the hell this is going to conclude.
Mandy
May 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
1.5 Stars. While this book was a little more action packed, I feel like it would have been much better as part of the third novella instead of all by itself. The entire novel was mainly build up for a plot that happens in Book 3. It’s a good car ride or airplane read, but would I recommend it? Probably not.
Pianogirl1126
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
great short read can't wait to read #3!!!
Charlotte Anne Hamilton
[[2.75 STARS]]

these are cheesy tie in novellas for the tv show Castle. they're not the best but they're quick fun reads and perfect for any fan of the show
Mariah Laber
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful series

I love the Derrick storm series because it is filled with action and romance. This series was meant for any type of reader
Sandy
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Even less interesting than book 1. Finished in less than an hour.
Helen
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Fun, but crazy short and ending abruptly
Ann L lason
Aug 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced....exciting

I thought it was a great second book to the Derrick Storm trilogy It kept me on the edge of my chair. Can't wait to start the third.
Milena Gorska
Not very good, but not bad also :)
Shanti Steinauer
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love these books
Rose
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very exciting book.

I like Castles books. He keeps you wanting to turn the page. I can't wait to finish this book. Great Book!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Castillions: A Raging Storm (Derrick Storm Short, #2) 2 8 May 06, 2012 08:45PM

• Rambo III
  • Deadly Storm (Derrick Storm Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Dead Drop (Jericho Quinn #7.5)
  • No True Way (Tales of Valdemar, #8)
  • At Any Price (Hammer's Slammers)
  • Defiant (Kris Longknife, #3)
  • Audacious (Kris Longknife, #5)
  • Full Scoop (Full #6)
  • Blood Pact (Vicki Nelson, #4)
  • Second Wind
  • Daniel & Ian (The MacGregors #5 & #0.2)
  • Live and Let Pie (A Bakeshop Mystery, #9)
  • For the Roses (Rose, #1)
  • Deep State
  • Book of the Little Axe
  • The Countess (Madison Sisters #1)
  • Long Time Gone (J.P. Beaumont, #17)
  • Assassin's Code

Richard Castle is the author of numerous bestsellers, including the critically acclaimed Derrick Storm series. His first novel, In a Hail of Bullets, published while he was still in college, received the Nom DePlume Society's prestigious Tom Straw Award for Mystery Literature. Castle currently lives in Manhattan

Derrick Storm (2 books)
  • Storm Front (Derrick Storm, #4)
  • Wild Storm (Derrick Storm, #5)