Start by marking “The Millionaire Real Estate Investor” as Want to Read:
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor

The Millionaire Real Estate Investor

Thoroughly researched with interviews and insights from more than 100 millionaire real estate investors who have struck it rich through Keller's concepts and practices, this book shows readers how to "think like a million."
Published April 1st 2005 by McGraw-Hill Education (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Millionaire Real Estate Investor, please sign up.
Chanchal Pal Yes, this is a nice book and it does tell the ideas to increase real estate wealth. Though I am not into real estate yet I liked the book. It's…moreYes, this is a nice book and it does tell the ideas to increase real estate wealth. Though I am not into real estate yet I liked the book. It's interesting and I found similar views and guidance from the blog of Mr.Pawan Jasuja(http://pawanjasuja.com/) a real estate investor. You can read it too it's short nice and informative.(less)

Start your review of The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
Tim O'Hearn
Nov 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 52-books-in-2016
In a bull market, everyone seems like a genius.

Though the advice contained in this book is, in general, sound, following it will lead the average American on a sure path to misery. That is probably why the first section—almost 100 pages—is a rambling pep talk with about as much relevance to real estate as real analysis. The book fails because it does not do enough to explain the harsh realities of real estate investing.

The market might trend upward, but a "buy and hold" investment made at the
Sean
Mar 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help-books
Best Book on Real Estate Investing that I have read. Gary Keller is an excellent writer. He describes several strategies on real estate investing and creates a cohesive and detailed account. It will inspire you to start investing! Wealthy people pay themselves first and invest in assets (anything that puts money in your pocket each month). Even if you are saving money each month to eventually buy an asset you are headed in the right direction. It you only owned 4 rental properties (debt free), ...more
Carole
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have read over 30 real estate books, and I think this is one of the best. It gives a good roadmap to the journey of real estate investing.
Kyle Brown
Jun 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Not sure how much of the info in this book will be a take away for me personally. As predicted, the book like many real estate investing books seems to promote highly leveraged positions on holdings and seems to negate the risk of assuming all of this debt with the assumption of purchasing the property at a severe discount. I did like that the author clearly did a ton of research with actual investors (including himself) that are in the trenches and know the nuts and bolts of making money in ...more
Tao Lee
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Slow starter, but I've gained a great amount of knowledge from this book. It gets more interesting at the end. I definitely will be reading this book again.

Note to self: The Millionaire Real Estate Investor - think a million buy a million own a million and receive a million. Financial rich stops when you stop working. Financially wealthy is when you make money when you don't work. If you double your time, money and ability - you 8 fold your current investment potential! Buy Books and seminars.
Seth
May 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Parts of this book pissed me off. A lot of baby boomers, in the old economy, talking about how smart and savvy they were when they made it big.

I nearly threw the book, reading the gem about the guy who was "so savvy" that he bought his first investment property with money he saved from a part time job.

Sorry guys, but it just doesn't work that way any more, perhaps you were smart and savvy, but you were also operating in a completely different world: a world where you could work your way through
Michael Hogan
This book is a great introduction to real estate investing as well as a great method to help build a successful career in this field.
Darin
Aug 20, 2008 rated it really liked it
*Required reading*

Financial independence is what most people call retirement. That is finally having the resources to live without working. The reality is that most people today reach retirement age without those resources in place. There are no more golden parachutes, no more pensions, and social security is a bigger oxymoron than the term military intelligence.

People must realize that retirement is an individual matter. It cannot be left to fate or to chance. It must be planned for and worked
Dany Vicente
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I saw this book I thought it was just a book that teach you the basis and the technical of real state investment but the more I read the more I got surprise. This book teaches you not only the investment techniques of real state but also gives you the mindset of how a real investor needs to be.
Everyone can increase his wealth if he acts like an investor and this book teaches you how to be an investor. After teaching you the principles of wealth accumulation, the flow of money, and the
Douglas
Mar 26, 2007 rated it really liked it
A great intro to real estate investing.
Sergiy Lichenko
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Mind Map
description
Check this link

Very, very good book about investing in real estate. It gives you a perspective on what is possible and shows you the strategies for your future investments. It is an easy read, but I don’t recommend to listen to the audio version because it has a lot of numbers and charts.

The first part of the book is identical to the first part of The Millionaire Real Estate Agent where he talks about mindsets and attitudes that successful investors have. It is the same content as you
Danny Hui
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
Reading this book is like experiencing a few years of hands on real estate tactics all in one sitting. It is the one I recommend to people who are looking to get into real estate investing. It's one of those books I wish I had before I got into the game. It offers lots of great advice for beginners and exonerates what I learned while playing the real estate game.

What I remember (Spoilers):
The book is divided into three main parts.
Part 1:
Addresses the most important aspect of the game
Jeffrey
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: investing
Its too positive and filled with too many platitudes. Written by and for people who were investing prior to the housing crash where people thought and acted like there was no limit to the housing market. Despite that, there is a lot of good advice in the middle part of the book about how to make sound choices and to plan ahead. One of the most useful things in the book isn't even purely about real estate investment, but rather a critique of the way people use their money and finance their ...more
Marco
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Mostly beginners stuff.
A lot of "self-help" stuff that doesn't relate directly to real estate, but obviously it's part of the gimmick.

It's like the "intelligent investor" but for real estate. I didn't like the intelligent investor, neither this book.

I'd love more details about which locations are good or not, which materials are good or not, furniture, etc...

Overall I highly recommend it if you don't know anything about investing and business in general. If you are an expert I'd skip it
Kyle Bale
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Being the first true book I've read on real estate investing, I am excited to continue in my education. Along with this book I've been watching a fair bit of videos on the subject and am ecstatic to learn more. Growing up, I watched my Dad own a single rental property next to my grandparents' that both allowed my sister and me to go to college and offered some financial peace-of-mind to my parents. Having seen it in-action, I feel confident moving forward, to even greater depths, to invest in my ...more
Bogdan Florin
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

My thesis is that money skills are not thought at school, and if you don’t come from a wealthy family, your parents don’t have the skills to share in order to get change your thinking about finance, how to create passive income and change your mindset from a consumer to an investor and reflect about financial independence.

Gary does. And it does in a very professional way.

Gary is also the author of The One Thing, and his style is simple, and straight to the point.

Gary is a pro real estate
Tina
Aug 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've read this book 1.5 times. The first time (many years ago), I didn't get the whole way through it, but probably more because of my own interest than because of the book itself. Now I'm getting serious about real estate investing and I'm more motivated, so I easily finished it.

My biggest gripe about the book is that the organization of it confused me. The author has divided it up into "Think a Million", "Buy a Million", "Own a Million", and "Receive a Million". The first half was fine, but
Jeshua Newman
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is ideal for anyone who wants to understand the 40,000 Foot view of Real Estate Investing. Given its well organized and succinct format, it is no wonder that this title is thrown around at Real Estate meetups like “The Bible” is thrown around at a Christian Church. I have read about ten books specifically on Real Estate and did not get a third of the knowledge and clarity that I received from this one volume. The plan is simple, the details are clearly communicated, and relevant ...more
Tommy
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So far this is the most thorough and complete guide to real estate investing that I've read. While it doesn't discuss all of the various real estate strategies it dives deep into the financial fundamentals of life and real estate investing and uses some of the most common real estate investing models to demonstrate.

I love that it runs mathematical modeling through various scenarios to demonstrate the relative benefits of different strategies. It's not to say that one strategy is better than the
Rahul Lingala
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: real-estate
The book starts off with explaining how money is viewed by normal people and compares it with how the millionaires view it. It gives a completely new perspective towards money and wealth. Even if you are not interested in real estate, the first part of the book must be read by everyone.

The second part of the book illustrates various successful real estate models adopted by millionaires in the world. It gives some good insights on how to expand your real estate business and free-up your time for
John Canque
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A lot to learn from this book. The first half was a way to change one's thinking about money and investing. The big takeaway is to have big goals, big habits, and eventually have big results. As a real estate book it teaches the way to think about processes and the way to not get burned. Buy right regardless of economy and have process of making investment decisions without being emotional. The book was light on actual strategies, but shows the reader the many ways to make money in real estate. ...more
J. Pablo
Nov 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's a short book, I finished much faster than I expected. Overall, it confirmed a lot of what I already know (which you can also read as I didn't learn much from it, but that's ok). I was really happy that it confirmed that my strategy to become a millionaire, to increase my wealth, is mostly correct. Now all I need is to get some funding.

There were a few bits that were novel and I'm interesting in reading it on written form, instead of listening to it, to consume the diagrams and make some
Jonathan Johnson
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the best book to read on real estate investing
It breaks the process down into “think a million” “buy a million” “own a million” receive a million”
Gary Keller then breaks these concepts down even further
He teaches future investors all of the tricks of the trade from different forms of financing all the way to setting up your team
The best part of the book for me is the end where he presents the stories of about 20 millionaire investors and how they got to where they are today
I would
Kevin Razawich
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: real-estate
A good primer for investing in real estate. it outlines basic formulas and budgets and challenges you to think about investment real estate a different way.

This is my first investment real estate book - so I have nothing to compare it to - but I would love an appendix with additional resources on tenant agreements, etc.

For what it's worth - this was a good read to set a foundation and allowed me to be able to reach out and explore other books to round out my knowledge.
Olivia Parker
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor represents the collected wisdom and experience of over 100 millionaire investors from all walks of life who pursued financial wealth and achieved the life-changing freedom it delivers.
If you need a real steal for you - check this website and find yourself a nice office to begin your business!
MatchOffice
Olivier
This book is very motivating in the beginning to make you think like a investor. The first part is what I liked the most.

The part about the how to become is kind of large and not very specific to tell you how it works step by step. It is great to give you a great overview, but you need to study more after that. Not one book will make you an investor.

Liked the motivational and learning part thought!
Tj Lokboj
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish I would have read this as my first book on real estate. The first part of the book is understanding how to think about wealth and real estate and then to think even bigger about your goals. How you think about real estate will determine your strategy so this is why I feel the first part of the book is so important. Gary Keller gives away a lot of nuggets of gold in this book and I would recommend it to anyone trying to build a foundation of real estate investment knowledge.
Marcus Craig
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I couldn't help but to compare this book to Rich Dad Poor Dad. When I read RDPD, I felt that the author was extremely brief on the specifics of how to build wealth through real estate. This books felt like an extension of RDPD because Keller picked up where Kiyosaki left off, and painted an in-depth picture of what a millionaire real estate investor looks like. I would recommend this book to any new or potential real estate investor.
Erin
Oct 17, 2019 rated it liked it
Even though the edition of the book I was reading was from before the Great Recession, it was still a useful resource. A lot of what we have learned about real estate investing through trial and error was written in very straight-forward language here. This book definitely gave me encouragement that we're approaching real estate investing in a way that will ultimately be successful.
Jay
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: business, finance
My first book on real-estate investing. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, but I guess "more" would be the right answer. The general personal finance parts are good, but I already knew all that. The learning about real-estate parts were not as informative as I'd hoped. It's possible my hopes were too high.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Redlands Real Estate Agents: Some Tricks You Haven't Considered 1 1 Jan 09, 2020 09:06PM
MDHI Home Inspection 1 1 Nov 03, 2019 09:17AM
Smart City Pakistan| The Only Smart City in Pakistan 1 1 Oct 21, 2019 04:20AM
Welcome to Estate Sale Companies in Atlanta 1 1 Sep 12, 2019 11:09PM
Online Estate Sale Companies in Atlanta | Gleaton’s the Marketplace 1 1 Sep 10, 2019 11:19PM
Birdhouse REI 1 2 Aug 16, 2019 10:50PM
Unique Porducts at Estate Sale Companies in Atlanta 1 1 Jul 30, 2019 11:44PM

• The ABC's of Real Estate Investing: The Secrets of Finding Hidden Profits Most Investors Miss
  • The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth and Passive Income Through Smart Buy & Hold Real Estate Investing
  • The Book on Managing Rental Properties: A Proven System for Finding, Screening, and Managing Tenants With Fewer Headaches and Maximum Profit
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People's Money
  • What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know about Cash Flow... And 36 Other Key Financial Measures
  • Long-Distance Real Estate Investing: How to Buy, Rehab, and Manage Out-of-State Rental Properties
  • The Real Book of Real Estate: Real Experts. Real Stories. Real Life.
  • Hold: How to Find, Buy, and Keep Real Estate Properties to Grow Wealth
  • Building Wealth One House at a Time: Making it Big on Little Deals
  • Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, and Repeat: The BRRRR Rental Property Investment Strategy Made Simple
  • The Book on Flipping Houses, Revised Edition: How to Buy, Rehab, and Resell Residential Properties
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Tax-Free Wealth: How to Build Massive Wealth by Permanently Lowering Your Taxes
  • The Book on Tax Strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor: Powerful Techniques Anyone Can Use to Deduct More, Invest Smarter, and Pay Far Less to the Irs!
  • How to Invest in Real Estate: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Getting Started
  • Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
Professionally, Gary’s ONE Thing is teaching. He excelled as a real estate salesperson by teaching clients how to make great buying and selling decisions. As a real estate sales manager, he recruited agents through training and helped them build careers the same way. As co-founder and chairman of the board, he built Keller Williams Realty International from a single office in Austin, Texas, to one ...more
“Most people think buying is investing, but they’re wrong. Buying doesn’t make you an investor any more than buying groceries makes you a chef.” 1 likes
“All great achievements are the result of sustained focus over time—all of them.” 1 likes