Start by marking “Knight Tenebrae (MacNeil, #1)” as Want to Read:
Knight Tenebrae (MacNeil, #1)

Knight Tenebrae (MacNeil #1)

3.39  ·  Rating details ·  76 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Will a love forged in the past survive the future?

When a bizarre plane crash strands reporter Lindsay Pawlowski and Navy pilot Alexander MacNeil in 14th century Scotland, they soon find themselves fighting for love, honor, and perhaps the future of the human race
Published August 29th 2006 by Ace (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Knight Tenebrae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knight Tenebrae

Sunsy
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: taschenb-cher
Der Zeitreise-Roman hat mir wieder sehr gut gefallen. Ich gebe 09/10 oder 5/5 Punkte.

HIER geht es zu meiner Rezension.
Karla Brandenburg
Apr 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Lindsey comes to interview fighter pilot Alex aboard an aircraft carrier, and on his mission to fly her back, they get caught in a "cloud" that transports them from modern day to feudal Scotland.

The plot? Take a modern day warrior and plunk him down into an army with Robert the Bruce and see what happens. From an historical standpoint, it was very interesting. From a story standpoint, I struggled to get through this one.

Both of the characters are somewhat unlikeable. Alex, because he blends so e
Sorcha
Mar 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Received from LibraryThing's March 2013 Early Reviewers.

Alex is interviewed by Lindsay, a female English journalist, after the discovery of a fighter jet too deep in the Scottish waters. When flying her home, both of them crash through a strange vortex, and find themselves in 14th Century Scotland during one of the most politically active times in the country's history. They need to tread carefully to survive, and consider getting home somehow.

Both seem to be particularly "lucky" - Lindsay someh
Jacqie
Jun 09, 2009 rated it liked it
The two protagonists are thrown back in time quickly, and the action gets going right away, so that's good. What's not so good is that there is almost no emotional reaction to their dilemma, or anything else in the book. One tearful breakdown from the female character, but no discussion of their plight whatsoever. The female main character is also preternaturally quick to react to the situation and knows everything that the pair needs to know in order to survive.
While I'm no big fan of the obl
Melanie
Apr 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I actually won these on LibraryThing.com and the only reason I wanted to read them was because of how much I loved the movie TIMELINE with Gerard Butler.

Now, that movie got only 2 1/2 Stars and that’s really bad because I really, really liked it. It’s not a masterpiece and it’s not meant to be. It’s a cute little story, well acted and filled with action. It did what aimed to do, and that’s entertain a certain audience.

This novel did exactly the same. I enjoyed the mix of contemporary, historica
Finn
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, historical, 2013
I really wanted to enjoy this book. The time period, the history, everything about it screamed that I would enjoy the story. Time travel, two present day characters set in the midst of Bannockburn, it had so much potential.

First and foremost I couldn't root for Alex, didn't feel sympathetic to him, he felt entitled and petulant, and I didn't get drawn into his story, even the points where he was introspective felt most like justification rather than actual introspection.

I couldn't get an adequ
Maya Bohnhoff
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love time travel stories. The juxtaposition of future, contemporary and vintage or ancient people and things is fascinating to me. Julianne Lee clearly shares this fascination, but while I write time travel stories using technology, Julianne does it with magic. I found her handling of the subject made for a wonderful read. So much so that I devoured all three books in the Knight Tenebrae series and went on to read Kindred Spirits and Interloper at Glencoe as well.

Lee has a strong voice, creat
Maya Bohnhoff
Jun 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love time travel stories. The juxtaposition of future, contemporary and vintage or ancient people and things is fascinating to me. Julianne Lee clearly shares this fascination, but while I write time travel stories using technology, she does it with magic. I found her handling of the subject made for a wonderful read. So much so that I devoured all three books in the Knight Tenebrae series and went on to read Kindred Spirits and Interloper at Glencoe as well.

Lee has a strong voice, creates vi
Beatrice
May 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
Alex is a U.S. Navy fighter pilot assigned to fly journalist Lindsay back to Scotland from the ship where she's been interviewing crew members. Closing in on their destination, they suddenly find themselves facing a giant ring of fire mid-air and are forced to eject. They manage to reach the ground safely, but soon realize that they have no idea where.....or when......they are.

Although I love time-travel stories, this one ultimately left me unsatisfied. The two characters seem rigid in that the
Leah
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Time travel back to the 14th century Scotland. This first book in the series takes you on the trials of Alex and Lindsey as they find themselves thrown into a different century and what they go through to settle in. Lots of battle action, but not the average romance story for those looking for that. Lee writes as if you are there smack in the middle of all the chaos. The hero and heroine are not perfect and that's what I like about this series. It's real. There is love found between them but it' ...more
Melissa Smith
I wanted to love this book but didn't. The premise sounded quite intriguing. I did, however, end up liking it.
The historical aspects made me feel as if I could see and smell everything the author described. Very good job.
I liked the interactions between Alex and Lindsay to a point. They both had to overcome their own misgivings about where they'd suddenly found themselves in order to move forward. Overall, I did like the story enough to grab the next book and I'm hoping I'll like the characters
Hilary
Rating: 1.5
Not my thing. I couldn't get past Lindsay's exposition dumps and Alex's luck. I gave up on page 116, so I can't really say anything for the rest of the novel.
Cynthia Nichols
Nov 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
SO much fun - overflowing with historical detaiil and surprisingly well-written. (based on the embarrassingly-cheesy covers the editors chose for these books)
Scott
Mar 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty well done going-back-into-time romance.
Peter
rated it did not like it
Sep 11, 2008
Deana
rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
In the words of Bill Cosby, "I started out as a child." I was born in California, at the age of about zero, on the United States Naval Base at Point Mugu. Dad was a pilot and Mom a former WAVE. For about a year I was an only child, but then my brother was born, and over the years I collected siblings like they were beanie babies. A brother, two sisters, later on a half sister, and we'll not get in ...more
More about Julianne Lee...

MacNeil (3 books)
  • Knight's Blood (MacNeil, #2)
  • Knight's Lady (MacNeil, #3)