Start by marking “The Halo Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
The Halo Graphic Novel

The Halo Graphic Novel

(Halo Graphic Novels)

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  2,083 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
This graphic novel, based on the best-selling video game, brings the Halo universe to life for the first time in the sequential art medium.
Published August 9th 2006 by Marvel (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Halo Graphic Novel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Halo Graphic Novel

TK421
Mar 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Halo used to be my mistress. I loved her. I adored her. Then, I realized my wife was going to kill me if I spent more time with Halo than I did with her. Now, I only play every so often...just when I need to be reminded that I can still kick some Covenant ass.

The other day my wife surprised me with HALO GRAPHIC NOVEL. (She knows she's the only woman for me.) Immediately I opened it up to look at the artwork. It was varied and raw and new and I couldn’t wait to begin reading it. Then I read the
Ben Brown
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halo, comics
The first “Halo” comic that Bungie published, “The Halo Graphic Novel” works for two very simple reasons: 1.) the stories themselves are well written and compelling, and 2.) the art is dynamic and interesting to look at. With the majority of tie-in comics in recent years struggling to do either particularly well – let alone both - it’s refreshing to read a franchise-based comic that doesn’t merely feel like it was made to cash in on a property’s popularity, but also because its creators genuinel ...more
Leena
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this novel and I love Halo. The stories are interesting and the art is amazing.
Luke
Feb 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
#I decided to read this book because I love halo.#This is published as a graphic novel but it is more of a short stories in graphic
form.#I liked the care and detail put into the images themselves.
Out of the different stories my favorites are' last voyage of the infinite succor' and the sergeant Johnson one
as the both had good art styles and the sergeant Johnson one was all in japanese.#I didn't like 'second sunrise over new mombasa' as the art style was not to my taste and the plot was mixed up
Jacob H.
Sep 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
with halo being one of the best games yet, there are alot of books and other things that tell storys that take place befor or after and i like to know about every thing about the halo world. it tells about some things that happens in 1 of the 3 games and tells about it. it was also good because it was made by fans and i like what they think of the halo world.
Vito Gardella
Sep 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gaphic-novels
this is a great graphic novel lost of great art work the story lines in this novel are not a good as i thought they would be i love to read to books like these because when you read it you get a feel of what they are really doing in the story some of the short storys have no conversation at all but you sure can imagen what they would say
Patrick Chen
Oct 06, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Any fans of the Halo game, or whoever wishes to start on it ; D
One of the best comics / games series ever made! No, seriously. It's a great addon to the Halo series and with the release of Halo 3, many fans can expect another Halo graphic novel adding on to the current storyline.
Michael
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Some purists might say "Reading a graphic novel shouldn't count towards your book challenge." To which I say "Fuck you, I'm counting it."

I've considered marking down the VCR's instruction manual, but I can't locate an ISBN on it.
Richelle
Nov 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
I love Halo, but I think I expected something different from this. It's older, and mostly flood themed, which is awesome. The art is cool, but overall I expected more.
Robert
Oct 31, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
Good, interesting, highly distinct and stylized art at times. Meh stories, but what do you want from an action video game comic?
James
Mar 31, 2009 added it
I LOVE HALO!
halhamad27
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As a massive Halo fan, I thoroughly enjoyed the stories and art in this. Would recommend to any and all Halo fans.
Troy Cocks
Nov 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Short, but ties up some loose ends. Like the art better than the Oversized collection.
Mary
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
This one was a quick and easy read. I was able to get through it on a lunch break at work last night. As I’ve said before, I love the Halo Universe. This graphic novel offered four separate stories that added, even more, background information into the world.

Each story was written and drawn by different authors and artists. While this usually isn’t an issue, each story was so short it was a tad jarring switching to the next.

The first story, The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor by Lee Hammock a
Andrew
Jul 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: halo, graphic-novels
The Halo Graphic Novel is the first foray into the world of comics for the Halo universe. It's a good showing and definitely an interesting read. There are four stories contained within, each with an introduction and conclusion in written form, generally some notes from Bungie and the writers and artists.

The Last Voyage of the Infinite Succor starts out with a familiar scene, during the level 343 Guilty Spark from the original Halo game. Fans will know that this is the first level where players
Aaron Karp
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Calling this a "graphic novel" is a bit misleading - it's more of a collection of four graphic short stories. While they're all more or less successful, they don't seem to gel into any kind of larger narrative. One of the draws of Halo for me has always been the intricately detailed universe Bungie created for the games, replete with hidden stories and weird Alternate Reality Game marketing elements that revealed tantalizing questions about it. While these stories clearly take place in the Halo ...more
Tim Snell
Oct 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Genre: Science Fiction/Concept
Copyright: 2006

Halo is one of the most popular video game franchise's to date. With millions of games sold, no wonder Marvel wanted to create a graphic novel based on Halo. "Halo: The Graphic Novel" doesn't focus on the video games' story, but rather focuses on events that lead up to the video games. This prequel is told in 4 separate tales all written by different authors. Each story has its own unique art style and story content.

Any fan of the Halo video games wou
Iantony
The first graphic novel from Haloverse!
First of all, the art was quite enjoyable, not the typical art I usually fascinated with but good enough to keep you want to finish the graphic novel.

The story itself was pretty good, especially if you were a fan of the Halo game series and its universe. I am a fan, I've played all Halo games at least and read some of its novels. For me this graphic novel enriched the Halo universe by providing us some insights and backstories not available in the game its
Daken Howlett
Nov 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Mix di storie ambientate in vari momenti della saga di Halo riunite in un unico volume dalla Marvel.
La qualità delle singole storie è estremamente altalenante,passando dal molto utile in termini di continuity al superfluo,ma lo stile grafico è ottimo e vario e vengono utilizzate diverse tecniche narrative,cosa che mantiene la lettura fresca e impedisce all'opera di diventare ripetitiva.
L'unico vero problema del libro è il materiale di base su qui espande,Halo non è una serie che ha mai fatto del
Asher Riley
Mar 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
A wonderful collection of beautifully stylized short stories chronicling key events in Halo's lore. My favorite tale in this graphic novel would have to be "The Last Voyage Of The Infinite Succor". My second favorite would have to be "Breaking Quarantine". All the stories are great, but those two I found to best suit my taste, in terms of presentation and art style. Overall, a must own for halo fans, and comic junkies alike.
Reem Alshatti
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I was actually more interested in the art than the stories.

It was a good read and I only found Rtas Vadum's story behind his two cut mandibles to be quite interesting. Though my favourite story when it comes to the graphics is Johnson's. I very much admired the artists work on this.

overall It was quite a good book and is quite enjoyable for a die-hard halo fan.
Christophe Murdock
Dec 27, 2010 rated it liked it
This was not as awesome as I had hoped, especially with some of the names attached. Giffen's artwork was amazing as always. Moebius' story had to be the highlight. Introductions about each story beforehand were nice, explaining what they were trying to achieve. I like the game, but I'm not a hardcore fan, maybe this is more for them.
Locked Out
Feb 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: halo-series
This sharp looking full colored comic book features a slew of stories.
From the covenant dealing with the flood, to the first testing of the legendary spartan armor. This Comic should not be passed up so hastily the next time you see it in a store or on a shelf! Fans of Halo, thsi comic is for you!
Matt Piechocinski
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it
For having never played Halo, and knowing nothing about the universe ... I thought this was pretty fun. I had to do some wikipedia-ing to figure out parts of the backstory, but other than that, good stuff. Very Aliens like!
Jaye
May 20, 2015 rated it liked it
This was okay. If I'd happened across it when it was new, it might've had more of an impact on me. I've been a Halo fanatic for years now, and I think I learned most of the stories in this book through other materials over the years. The art was nice to see, but that's about it.
Conogher Clancy
Dec 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
O_O SMG
Jared Polston
Mar 17, 2009 marked it as to-read
I have heard good things about this book, and hope it will be good.
Suzanne
Feb 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: default
This book was given to me by a former boyfriend. He didn't seem to realize that someone who has never played the games would have troubles following the comic, let alone care about the characters.
Stuart
Dec 16, 2010 rated it did not like it
This is one of the most childishly written things I have ever read. I suppose it fits in well with the video games, then.
  • Halo: Helljumper
  • Halo: Glasslands
  • Halo: Primordium
  • Halo: The Flood
  • Halo 3: The Official Strategy Guide

Halo Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Halo: Helljumper