Start by marking “Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3)” as Want to Read:
Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3)

Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run

(Death Note #3)

Light is chafing under L's extreme surveillance, but even 64 microphones and cameras hidden in his room aren't enough to stop Light. He steps up the game, but before the battle of wits can really begin, a family emergency distracts him. But even though Light isn't using the Death Note right now, someone else is! Who's the new "Kira" in town?
Published January 3rd 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published September 3rd 2004)

Start your review of Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I'm still loving this series!

Now L and Light are hanging out together. I know right?

I really hope this series has a happy ending! NO ONE TELL ME!

Mel ♥
MischaS_
You know what? It does not matter what you read, what genre or if it's a manga. The only important thing is if you like the story.

description

And I can tell you that I like Death Note very much to the point where I can say it makes me feel physically good. I feel myself smiling and relaxing; I'm excited to turn the page.

I need more of this in my life.

And what else can I say? I'm so happy that Misa is finally on the scene. I love her chaoticness and childish glee. And do I need to mention that she is my n
C.G. Drews
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
WHY IS THE 4TH BOOK NOT IN MY HANDS. AHHHH MASSIVE PLOT TWIST AT THE END OF THIS ONE!!! Okay so, as always, I am a fan. (I mean, DUH. I'm on Vol #3, when usually anything that remotely smells like a series takes me 19 years to work through.) I loved this one particularly much because of the sheer amount of deducing and battles of wits. I loooove smart books. This series is SMART. We're talking genius' battling it off and trying to make the other trip up but being so flawless IT NEVER WORKS.

*hype
Mohammed Arabey
It's a Misfortune Volume..
"They say humans haunted by Shinigami have nothing but misfortune.”
— Ryuk

Okay, So you think all it'll be just 'The Hunter and Haunted"?
Well, think again..

The surveillance between L & Light, Light & L is taken to whole higher level.. and it sure drive Light insane..But he's smart, he'll recover...

BUT...again, Think AGAIN..
“Kira is evil ... There's no denying that ... But lately I've been starting to think of it more like this ... The real evil is the power to kill people
Dannii Elle
Yet again, another stellar installment of the Death Note series!

This third volume felt more action-packed than its predecessors. The good/bad binaries became even more muddied and the the art work turned darker in tone to accommodate it. It felt like this volume marked a shift in the series, where from here on out we have entered more into the world of the psychological thriller. Again, there were many levels to this and many genres were converged on, but it primarily had a crime-based theme. Th
Pooja
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
L has instructed the police officers to put Surveillance cameras in Light's room to have a closer look at his activities.

Ah, Light will not like this:

But he has plans to get rid of it.
This series' best and most important success factor is that both main characters are equally strong and intelligent.

Let me get a phone and recommend this series to you!

Katie.dorny
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
This storyline keeps twisting, twisting and twisting.
I did not see that ending at all - i did not expect this to head in this direction.
Connor
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Really love where the story is going and how even more layers have been added to the suspense. Looking forward to seeing what will happen next!
Karl Marberger
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Light Yagami is a megalomaniac monster and must be stopped. Go Team L!
Kaylin (The Re-Read Queen)
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

My favorite of the series so far!

This is such a crazy smart series, and the plot keeps twisting in ways I'd never expect. Light and L are both fascinating characters and it was super interesting getting in both their heads as they face off.

It still moves a little slow at times and I'm not certain what I think overall-- but I'm definitely invested in seeing where this is going.
Ashley Marie
*flails*

THEY'RE MULTIPLYING
Ferdy
4.5 stars - Spoilers

-Liked this more than Volume 2. It was more engrossing and the battle of wits between L and Light was immensely entertaining.

-I didn't expect L to reveal himself to Light, it was a cool twist. I loved seeing them both trying to stay one step ahead of each other.

-The twist at the end was great. I was wondering how Kira/Light was killing off people without knowing their names - I really didn't see the second Kira thing coming at all.

-I'm glad the second Kira was a girl but I
skylar
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019, manga
*I actually read Volume 3 in the Black Editions, but you can't count the volumes separately there so here we are.

"They say humans haunted by Shinigami have nothing but misfortune.” — Tsugumi Ohba, Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run

One of the best cat-and-mouse games I've ever seen in literature, tbh. Light and L are absolutely brilliant. The tension was high, and the reading experience is addictive! I sat down and finished this in about 1 1/2 hours. Also, (view spoiler)
Nickyjen
Sep 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This one was kind of slow ... I mean I liked all the smart conversations, however it only consisted of talking. I wish it would’ve been more action-packed like the previous two.
Clarissa Emiria
Oct 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
In the final parts I tried to be better about taking the time to look at the graphics as well as reading the story as I had noticed my tendency to just read the text and speach bubbles I was so engrossed in what was happening I wanted to know more, I needed to know more.. xD

I am enjoying myself SO, so much, I feel like a broken record saying it over and over again, but I really do :-) And I finished this in time to go to the library today, too, I'm considering if I should just check out the rest
Giota
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel
Wow! I think so far this is my favorite volume!

Firstly, Light is downright scary!
Secondly, L is one of the most insightful and competent detectives I've ever come across, and while I know next to nothing about him I strongly believe he is a great human being!
Thirdly, every single character is so fleshed out and realistic!
Fourthly, Tsugumi Ohba has done a marvelous job creating a clever and suspenseful story full of though provoking messages!
Lastly, this volume really upped the ante and I can't w
Amy (Other Amy)
I've never once considered finding that notebook and gaining this power a misfortune. In fact, it's made me happier than I've ever been. And I'm going to create a perfect world.

Light continues to be a psychopath. Light's dad continues to be a total badass. L continues to actually live up to his reputation at his own funky pace. This serious continues to be a lot of fun. I have trepidation about the reveal from that last set of panels and the fact that the next volume is entitled Love, but let's
Sesana
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, comics
I really enjoy the battle of wit and will between Light and L., now pumped up a little with the two of them meeting face to face. A new character, another human with a Death Note, is introduced towards the end, somebody who did accept the shinigami eyes. Interested to see where this is going, especially since Light is starting to show some cracks around the edges.
Debbie
Jul 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I haven’t binged a manga like this since FMA.

Really loving the development, and even though I know what’s coming because I’ve watched the manga, it’s still keeping me hooked. Sometimes Light is just way too cocky though, but it’s definitely part of his personality.
Marija
I just finished it and I need time to comprehend what I've just read. This plot twist/cliff-hanger blew my mind.

description

Let's not forget the other plot twist that happened earlier in the volume. I just can not..

description

And L and Kira are going to...

description

Need to read the next volume ASAP

Lashaan Balasingam (Bookidote)
What do you do when you want to keep tabs on your number 1 suspect? Get goddamn closer. Love what L does to keep himself safe while trying to uncover Kira's identity. Sometimes a bit oddball, but more often smart as hell.

And this is where the whole Kira story gets even more complex with the arrival of a new player in town!

Yours truly,

Lashaan | Blogger and Book Reviewer
Official blog: https://bookidote.com/
Cassandra
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: poc-authors
I love the direction we're heading with the story -- I think this one is my favourite thus far :)
Catherine Stormblessed
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
My fav so far.
47Time
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-fiction
Surprisingly, this volume has some depth to it. On one plane you have L directly involved in checking on Raito who is suspected of being Kira. On another plane you have L's views on Kira and his more aggressive new tactics to lower crime. This comic starts to have similarities to the Columbo tv show in that you know who the killer is and are shown how the investigators discover him.

With his room wired with no less than 64 cameras (how overkill can you get) Raito has to convince L that he isn't K
Kelly
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
I think I have an issue with these books, I'm flying through them!! This one was much better than volume. 2 because the rivalry between L and Light has intensified massively. Light is still very clever but has had the arrogance knocked out of him a little by L who is also incredibly clever. There were a few more heart-in-mouth moments, twists and turns and a great revelation at the end BUT I don't have Vol. 4 so I have to wait for it!! Really love this manga.
Saru (Queen of Bookland)
L is actually a giant puppy and I want to cuddle with him.
Madison
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
*insert a million heart eye emojis*
ᴮᴱipek⁷✜
May 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, kindle, 2020, manga
book 32 out of 75
manga

This is so freaking good and addictive. I love this.

5 stars
mckenna ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i forgot how much i really love L 🥺
Shinjini
Aug 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
With great power comes great… Evil?!

The second volume ends with Raito finding out that he was under surveillance due to L’s orders. Which meant he couldn’t directly write in the Death Note as he was sure to be seen by one of the 64(!) cameras placed in his room. L is pulling the net around Raito but there is a lot more to come. Raito doesn’t give up easily. He devises a brilliant plan to fool L and his own father. And Kira strikes again. But there is no suspicious activity that can connect Raito
HI hi hi hi hi hi 12 37 Feb 14, 2008 08:17PM

• Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 3 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #3)
  • Death Note Notebook Light Kira
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 2 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #2)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 2 [Tokyo Guru 2] (Tokyo Ghoul, #2)
  • Death Note: Another Note - The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 3 [Tokyo Guru 3] (Tokyo Ghoul, #3)
  • Death Note: L, Change the WorLd
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 4 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 4 [Tokyo Guru 4] (Tokyo Ghoul, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: The Challengers (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 5 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #5)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 3 (Attack on Titan, #3)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール 5 [Tokyo Guru 5] (Tokyo Ghoul, #5)
  • Attack on Titan, Vol. 2 (Attack on Titan, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: Hero’s Bridge (Naruto, #4)
  • Tokyo Ghoul, Tome 1 (Tokyo Ghoul, #1)
  • Black Butler, Vol. 2 (Black Butler, #2)
Tsugumi Ōba (Profile in Japanese: 大場 つぐみ), born in Tokyo, Japan, is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His/her real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ōba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is spe

Death Note (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1)
  • Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2)
  • Death Note, Vol. 4: Love (Death Note, #4)
  • Death Note, Vol. 5: Whiteout (Death Note, #5)
  • Death Note, Vol. 6: Give-and-Take (Death Note, #6)
  • Death Note, Vol. 7: Zero (Death Note, #7)
  • Death Note, Vol. 8: Target (Death Note, #8)
  • Death Note, Vol. 9: Contact (Death Note, #9)
  • Death Note, Vol. 10: Deletion (Death Note, #10)
  • Death Note, Vol. 11: Kindred Spirits (Death Note, #11)