Start by marking “Desperate Housewives of Olympus (Ambrosia Lane #1)” as Want to Read:
Desperate Housewives of Olympus (Ambrosia Lane #1)

Desperate Housewives of Olympus

(Ambrosia Lane #1)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  252 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
A riotous romp through Olympus with goddesses for the 21st century. When a new goddess moves to Ambrosia Lane, Hera decides she's finally had enough of her philandering husband. She offers herself and the crown of gods to Hades. Hades doesn't want the crown, but he'll take Hera. (Often and twice on Sunday.) He's a heartless bastard--having had Aphrodite rip it out so he'd ...more
Published April 21st 2012 by Create Space (first published July 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Desperate Housewives of Olympus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Desperate Housewives of Olympus

Mandie (Naughty Book Snitch)
Buddy read with Kay Dirty Girls' Good Books’

First I want to say that I love Greek Mythology and I especially love it in my romance! Im not an expert by far but I do enjoy it. I've waited a long time to read this book and I was not disappointed. It was fantastic. I laughed a lot, cried and got really mad at the characters. This book was surprisingly an emotional roller coaster and I did not expect it to get so serious.

Hera

This is a story about 5 Goddess on Ambrosia
Kay
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal-mix
This was a buddy read with Mindy (Naughty Book Snitch) Kenyon.

Man, I enjoyed reading this book and had waited along time to do so. Oh, it was so worth it.

I've always loved Mythology although I'm no expert on it. I think my love of Mythology is because it's a soap opera and I've always loved soap operas. What's not to love? Love, sex,suspense, backstabbing and of course, it's very own over the topness. I don't know if topness is a word but you know what I mean. This novel is about several people.
Mary Ellen Fink
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was so much fun. desperate housewives meets Greek mythology. Goddess and Gods, cheatings, drama, and hilarious. I LOVED IT!!!!!
C.L. Stegall
Aug 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, admittedly, I am NOT a reader of modern romance. I read (and write) modern fantasy, paranormal and even a bit of horror. However, when I noticed that Saranna had written a book in the same vein as my own novel (The Weight Of Night), revolving around Greek Mythology, I had to give it a try.

Well, I certainly wasn't disappointed!

I personally cannot stand those *reality* shows about the housewives. Those women irritate the crap out of me. But, the women (goddesses) that Saranna brings to life in
Brian Steele
To start with, I'm a 30-something straight male who writes "epic horror" and reads pretty much anything that's NOT romance. None of this matters, as I found myself utterly captivated by the tale spun out here. A Post-Mythic roller coaster of cosmic sex and divine humor, DeWylde has obviously been blessed by the Muses.

I must have bookmarked at least a dozen spots that had me literally laughing out loud, everything from a wonderfully witty turn of phrase to more ridiculously complex situations. S
⚜️Trea
Dec 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: challenges-2015
I was so impressed with the cover blurb on this book, but the book didn't live up to it for me. Having a tight household budget, I waited for over a year to purchase it, hoping the price would come down, as I don't like to pay $4-$5 for a book by an author I've had no experience with, just in case I don't like it. When this book was needed for a personal reading challenge, I took the plunge and purchased it, rather than check and see if I could get it from the library. I wish I hadn't!

I didn't
Melissa
May 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-gave-away
I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway, I took it to work with me thinking that I would read it on my breaks but by the 2nd chapter I figured out that this really wasn't the type of book that I should read at work!

Overall, I enjoyed the book as a nice, quick read that didn't require a lot of attention or thought just an entertaining read. It has some good to steamy erotica, and some interesting characters. If your looking for more than that in a book then this isn't the book for you.

Bella Street
Aug 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This isn't your mother's Edith Hamilton!

Oddly enough, I don't seem to have such a hard time keeping the Pantheon straight anymore. This bawdy romp through Olympus is laced with melodrama, manipulation and even unplanned pregnancy, along with several sweet romances and plenty of laughs along the way.
Ade
Nov 06, 2012 rated it liked it
I think the only reason that I gave this book a 3, is that I decided to read it as a comedy rather than a romance. I didn't particularly like any of the characters, but I am a sucker for happy endings, so...
Stephanie  Hale
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the Greek Gods and this book was delicious. Hera lives up to her reputation in every page. Please read and you will love this series.
Jane Love
Oct 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Couldnt put it down myths and logic out of the window excellent read
Kimberlli
Best thing I've read in all of 2017!
Virginia Nelson
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picture Stephanie Plum multiplied by goddess level powers with the addition of familiar characters made unfamiliar due to their snark and sass and you have Saranna DeWylde's newest masterpiece, The Real Housewives of Olympus.

Since it was by Saranna, I expected amazon level dialogue and female characters full of fun and attitude. What I didn't expect was the absolute level of control with which she wrangled some of my favorite characters to do her bidding.

First off, you have Hera, left on the she
Rosu Aquabutts
"It was okay."

What I wanted was something in the dry, clever, and borderline screwball tone of the Desperate Housewives television series but with the Greek pantheon. Something witty, ironic, and delightfully tongue in cheek, with just enough melodrama to hook me.

What I got was... not that. Desperate Housewives of Olympus is so serious, guys. It's so fucking serious. You don't even know how much Hades loves Hera and her purple frosted tips. The book starts out irreverent and whimsical and then a
Mary Gramlich
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF OLYMPUS by Saranna DeWylde
07/11- Wylde Publishing – eBook

Is there any more complicated relationship than with the woman next door?

I love my husband, who is having an affair with the woman across the street, who really wants the man at the end of the block, who just happens to be capturing the attention of the new girl on the block. You want my husband and I want your boobs so can we trade?

This sounds like any neighborhood or reality show but this one involves the greatest
jordan
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars for sure
Deana-Coffee, Books, Life Blog
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ms. DeWylde gives the reader over the top romance and humor in her book, Desperate Housewives of Olympus. Have you ever wondered what its like for the Goddess wives sitting up on Olympus. Come to find out they are a lot like us, with their everyday woes and issues, but they have a bit more bang to them. Ms. DeWylde takes what we have perceived the Gods and Goddesses and throws that out the window and just makes them more fun. Yes, each is still the god or goddess of their area, but the personali ...more
Melissa
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
They title gives just a hint of the wit of Saranna, and the story doesn't fail. There were quite a few laugh out loud moments mixed in with some nicely done sex scenes. I was immediately sucked into the world of Ambrosia Lane where Zeus is stepping out on Hera, Hades mourns the loss of Persephone and Death is as sexy as they come! Follow five goddess as they go about their angst-filled lives and try to get what every woman wants, her own Happily Ever After. Oddly enough, I don't seem to have suc ...more
Jun 22, 2015 rated it liked it
It's an original book. At first it took a while to catch my interest, then it was difficult to put it down, and then it got some interesting twists in the end. I think it's kind of a "what if" sort of version of the classical mythology happily ever after school, but if you're into mythology it's worth reading it, even if it's just out of curiosity. It contains some couple swapping that may offend some of you if you are a 'purist'; be warned.
All in all, it wasn't bad. I'm a big fan of Persephone
Kim
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I pulled this book up on my Kindle to read I assumed that I was in for a sexy and funny experience. What a shock to find out that this book has amazing depth! The characters were so well rounded and ran the gambit of emotions. Saranna DeWylde has taken characters that most of us are very familiar with from school and other readings and given them incredible personalities and emotions. Yes, this book has it's funny moments but those only seem to offset the myriad of experiences that are flus ...more
Vivi Dumas
Nov 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know a book is good when you can't put it down, even when you're eating. The Real Housewives of Olympus is a funny, sexy journey into the lives of the Greek gods and goddesses. I've never watched Desperate Housewives, but have known my share of soap operas and baby mamma drama.

I felt for Hera in her plight with her cheating husband. In true form of a woman scorn, she devised a genius plan of revenge. In the mist of her pain and rage, she found true love. Zesus, Hera's womanizing husband, lea
Ana
May 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Katy
May 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 - 4 stars, kinda hard to do half stars on Goodreads!

This was a fast read, very lighthearted. Mashup Desperate Housewives in all their glory (tempers, sex, drama) with Greek Gods and Goddesses - a fun read!

Hera tires of Zeus' infidelity and decides to make her move on Hades, her former sweetheart.
Persephone pines for Hades, Apollo pursues Nyx...and many, many more delicious entanglements!

There were some grammatical errors that are distracting, but all in all a fun read. I do want to read th
Jaclyn Roche
Apr 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series. I started the series with Ares but had to go back and purchase the first two books. I have to say I understand and appreciate the 3rd book much more now that I have read the first two.

Oh Em Gee, I love love these characters and Saranna's reimagining of the Greek Gods. I was reading at 2 am and woke up my toddler from all my snickering at the characters shenanigans. And oh my does Saranna write a great swoon-worthy hot sex scene with Gods who are really all that.

Thi
Alexandra
Apr 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
What if Desperate Housewives would play up in the Olymp? With the Greek gods and goddesses we know and their stories of love and betrayal? This book shows us and it was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Surprisingly deep sometimes, others so sugary romantic and quite funny too. And all of them so likeable, you didn't really know who to root for, had to fear that some hearts have to break (and they do) but (at least me) couldn't really decide which ones you wanted to win. I liked that and I definitely ...more
Saewod Tice
Sep 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh My Goddesses!

This book was SO much fun to read. Not only did it take the 'Real Housewives' and put it right on Olympus, but Saranna once again captures my heart with a multitude of different characters. The way each god and goddess was portrayed in a new fresh voice, but also remained very in line with their mythological backgrounds was beyond my expectations.

For a wonderfully written, steamy, good time join The Real Housewives of Olympus.

It gets 4 lighting bolts and 3 Titans, with a dash of
Rebecca Stigers
Apr 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Didn't know if I'd like this story but I don't think I've laughed so hard in ages! This author did a great job with the characters and who ended up with who! I was interesting to read about the"God's" and their life's. After reading stories and watching movies of the God's and their children this story was nothing like I've read or watched before.. very interesting and the love was good. I loved the humor more than anything! I'd definitely recommend it.
Sofiraindrop
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was ok
just... no
Elc56
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very clever enjoyable read

I love anything to do with greek gods and mythology, and this was a brilliant blend of myth and modern day soap opera. The characters are well shapped, and you dont need to know the myth to enjoy it, although it does give extra enjoyment xx highly recommend this read x
Kat Jameson
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a totally fun new take on the lives of the Greek Gods. When you start the book you're not quite sure where things are going but the ride is fun. Definately a must read for fans of Greek mythology. It will entertain your brain. By the end I was rooting for Hades and wanting to spank Zeus (cause if you don't have honesty in a marriage what else is there...especially if the sex is missing).
  • For the Love of a God (Greek God, #1)
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Goddess On The Run
  • The Blood of Angels (Divine Vampires, #1)
  • Dysfunctional (Trilogy of Dr. Matilda Schmidt #1)
  • Devious Magic (Stella Mayweather, #3)
  • The Pantheon (Olympia Heights, #1)
  • Charming Blue (Fates, #8)
  • SNAP: The World Unfolds
  • The Weight Of Night (The Progeny #1)
  • Rogue's Pawn (Covenant of Thorns, #1)
  • The Passionate Queen (The Dark Queens, #2)
  • Enchanted Again (Mystic Circle, #2)
  • Toxic (Blood Countess, #1)
  • The Carny
  • Medusa, A Love Story (Loves of Olympus, #1)
  • My Immortal Assassin (My Immortals #3)
  • The Book of Nonsense (Forbidden Books 1)

Saranna De Wylde has always been fascinated by things better left in the dark. She wrote her first story after watching The Exorcist at a slumber party. Since then, she’s published horror, romance and narrative nonfiction. Like all writers, Saranna has held a variety of jobs, from operations supervisor for an airline, to an assistant for a call girl, to a corrections officer. But like Hemingway sa

Ambrosia Lane (3 books)
  • Desperate Housewives of Avalon (Ambrosia Lane #2)
  • Ares (Desperate Housewives of Olympus: Ambrosia Lane Book 3)