Start by marking “Under His Roof (Under His Roof #1)” as Want to Read:
Under His Roof (Under His Roof #1)

Under His Roof (Under His Roof #1)

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  126 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Rachel has had great success in her career, but in the meantime has inadvertently shunned her friends and family from her life. So she seeks the help of a professional disciplinarian to provide her with 'motivation' to be kind.

David, the professional disciplinarian, has given up on trying to have a relationship. He's not willing to break his self-made protocol and hit on a
Published April 25th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Under His Roof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Under His Roof

Elle
3 STARS!

I read this because of my friend's recommendation and this is my first read. I didn't expect much either because the cover isn't appealing. Oops! I know I'm in reading slump right now and need some light smut read without having headache. Unfortunately, this book gave me a light migraine. Is this bad? Not really but not good either. Kinda in the middle for me.

Rachel is a successful young woman with bright future. But she lacks of humanity. She barely communicate with anyone beside from w
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
There are disciplinarians for hire who aren't exactly professional Doms? Where do I find this man or woman? Ms. Quinn is a new author to me and I love her brand of domestic discipline and spanking. Rachel is a modern day woman. She's in her late twenties, single with a taxing job. Her career is going well but her personal is a mess. Is it the power of the job going to her head? Why is she losing her friends and being told she's a downright bitch?

I can completely understand and have walked in Rac
Nikki Hayse
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I am a bit confused by the reviews I have read here on this book. It clearly states what the book is about. So the spankings shouldn't come as a surprise. The fact that David has a service of giving disciplinary spankings should clue you in that they are not going there for sex. They are going there for discipline. Now I get it if its not your thing but to trash a book simply because its not your kink is, wrong.

That said, I liked this book a lot. Its a fairly quick read about a professional wom
Katie
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this a lot. The POV shifts in each chapter, gave great insight into what each of them was really going through. While I was a little unsure of the POV's being done in first person, (I prefer to read third POV, usually), I loved the intimacy and vulnerability that each character encompassed.
David, the confident and strong disciplinarian, seemed afraid of intimate relationships. He did not want to get hurt again.
Rachel, the strong, outspoken, career woman, could not let herself be vulnera
Amy Jacobs
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
Under His Roof by Sadey Quinn is the first book the Under His Roof series.

Hmmm...How to put my feelings into words for this read. That is the problem I am having. While this book doesn't go into graphic scenes of sex, it does involve the elements of Dominance and Submission with it being about spanking. I think my main problem with this book was that I was thinking it was going to be a regular erotica featuring smut, smut, and more smut. I went in thinking it was going to be the usual read of a
Kelly
I'm really torn on how I feel about this book. While I can appreciate the idea that a woman in a position of power wants to hand over the reins in her personal relationship, it seemed like there were an awful lot of concessions Rachel had to agree to whereas David didn't have to give up anything and he got everything. The spanking was enjoyable enough but... I don't know. I think I prefer a more balanced give and take in my books, even between Doms and their subs.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

U
Milena
Feb 05, 2013 rated it did not like it
Didn't like the writing style, or the storyline, or the the characters...what more can I say apart from a waste of my time.
Kerry
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book! Here's why...

1) I loved David. He was very calm and straight-forward about his discipline rules and techniques. It is a business for him. Women hire him to discipline them, for a variety of different reasons and in varying ways. David is fair, but also unwavering in these rules. That includes disciplining Rachel. Although they do start a relationship, that is kept apart from the discipline. In other words, there is no erotic spanking followed by sex. In fact, the only s
Terri
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ok. Writing is not bad, but character development is weak.

The characters are kind of emotionless. The author tells us that they are feeling, but doesn't show us. She needs to "show" not "tell".

Also, for anyone really interested in domination/submission don't take your clues for this book (which to be fair, really only lightly touches on this). And as for the use of spanking for 'discipline'...yeah, don't use this story as a guideline for that either.

The main character, David, comes off seeming c
Jane
David meets Rachel and can't get her out of his mind. He wants her to be with him Under His Roof from the very beginning. Rachel feels a strong attraction to him too and it doesn't take them long to move the relationship to a live in one.

I enjoyed the way he came right out and stated his expectations to be in control of Rachel in a domestic discipline relationship. Rachel's emotions and unsure submission was just right to make this short novel a perfect mix of sex, spanking and emotions for a tr
SandyL
This was a quick, interesting story which I'd rate 3.5 stars.

Rachel's recent promotion has caused her to spend way too much time at work, and the stress involved in her job causes her to alienate friends, co-workers and family members. She decides to seek out the services of a professional spanker to help relieve some of her stress. David has built his business giving domestic discipline to women who seek it for all different reasons. But when he meets Rachel, he sees her as more than just anoth
Dee Wy
I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this story of Rachel and David's budding relationship. David makes his living by offering discipline services to women who need it to keep themselves in balance. I was fascinated by the premise, and really enjoyed watching David handle his clients in such a professional manner. I'm not sure I understand why any professional woman like Rachel would suddenly decide she needs to be spanked to get her life back in balance, but I was happy to roll with ...more
Jess
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I liked this book. It was a simple love story, with no steamy sex scenes added only to call it erotica. Though I'd have loved it a lot more if the characters were developed more, feelings were explored in depth. It reminded me of the old mills & boons, where sex was only hinted st, never described. A simple domestic discipline love story...
Angela
Jan 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I am not too keen on the writing style (personal preference) Having said that, the story was unexpectedly good. This is About a Man looking for everything he ever wanted in a relationship and a woman who finds everything she never knew she wanted in a relationship. Not bad not bad at all.
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 1/31/13
Paloma Beck
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the story. I want to see where it goes because right now, I'm not a huge fan of David. I'll be watching for the next book.
Ndulgent Bloggers
Mar 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: rebecca, 2013
Our full review is posted here: http://guiltyindulgencebookclub.blogs...
Denise Koopman
Mar 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well this book was kinda good.I mean a little neanderthal the guy is but it was still over all pretty good.I will read the second book to see how it goes.
Lena♥Ribka
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: f-m
2,1 stars. It was just a bit too much spanking for me.
Lyndac
Good solid book about domestic discipline.
Leigh
Not a bad story, but as with some novellas things get a bit rushed. I think the story would have been a little more believable if they hadn't done the whole moving in together after 5 minutes.
F.
Jun 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book. Will read the sequel to see how the relationship between David and Rachel grows.
Thought the story was developed really well and the characters very believable.
SB CS
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Ok, I guess. There isn't much I can say which is weird. I usually have a strong opinion about a book but I just don't know with this one. It was a freebie, I don't think I would've bought it.
Spynonu
Mar 10, 2013 rated it liked it

Definitely a ...tail....heh, for those who enjoy spanking and a dash of romance.
Kate Richards
Vanessa
Feb 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Deathless Discipline
  • Lovers' Feud (Caden Kink, #1)
  • At His Request 1
  • Body Politics (Rod and Cane Society, #3)
  • The Dom on the Naughty List (Badass Brats, #1.5)
  • Passion Next Door (The Pleasure Brigade, #1)
  • The Dom Prize  (The Dominants Series 1)
  • Under By Duress
  • Bound & Inked
  • The Unrequited Dom
  • Submission (The Plume, #1)
  • The Billionaire's New Assistant (The New Dominators, #1)
  • Naia and the Professor
  • Disciplining the Duchess
  • The Initiation of Ms. Holly (The Mount, #1)
  • PA Exposé
  • Maintenance Night (Valley of Surrender, #0.5)
Sadey Quinn is a writing nomad, a goofball, a smut peddler and a lover of all things good and sexy (like orgasms!). She writes BDSM and spanking fiction, sometimes dabbling in romance for loves and hugs.

She's writing, reading, wine and beer drinking, vegetable-cooking, and all around fun-having...Sadey has a dirty mouth and a dirty mind. She'll take adventure over boredom and loves to get into the
More about Sadey Quinn

Under His Roof (2 books)
  • Taking His Hand (Under His Roof #2)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
  • Otherkin
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
  • One Summer Day in Rome: A Novel
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99