Start by marking “Book of Curses (The Renning Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Book of Curses (The Renning Chronicles, #1)

Book of Curses (The Renning Chronicles #1)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Meet Raine Renning, your average teenager with her very own twin brother, Thomas Renning. Their lives are pretty normal - if you count moving from house to house, and town to town, normal.

Since the death of their father Leland, their mother Tori has shown her true colors. Working as a hooker and bringing home men only to make more money for her body upgrades.

On the day of
Published July 13th 2012 by Midnight Hour Publishing (first published April 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Book of Curses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book of Curses

Emily Walker
Jul 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I felt like I was easily transformed into Raine's world, or her new world as she put it. It is not easy to flawlessly move through as many characters as there are in Book of Curses, but somehow Hutchinson makes it work.

I found myself wanting to know what would happen next. I thought that it was an easy read even with so much going on. I gave it five stars because it kept my attention and kept the action going.

I also enjoyed that their was no main love story to surround the book on. It is a refre
Taylor Lakke
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reading this book took you to a whole new world. Raine is a strong female who has more courage than most people do at age 18. I love how the author has so many dynamic characters in a world not known to humans. When I started reading this I could not put it down, finished it in one read. Can't wait until the next book is out!
Alexia Purdy
This is one heck of a ride. Never stops, it’s full of action, new worlds and new beings. In fact, the cast of characters was enormous. I am not sure how the author wrangled them all but she did a fine job. I love the main character Raine and her brother Tom. They are ordinary teens tossed into another dimension, full of different supernatural creatures and dangers. If that wasn’t enough, they are the ‘Chosen’ supposedly destined to end the reign of the Gods that have left the land in disarray.

T
Wanderlust
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA Fantasy, YA Paranormal.
3.5/4

Cover - I think the cover is cool looking & intriguing.
Favorite Line - I actually forgot to highlight a fave, i really liked all of the poems though.
Favorite character - Raine

I didn't get into the book straight away, i was unsure for a while whether or not i would like the book. I did eventually get into it & get drawn into the story. So much so i was disappointed when the book ended.
It was an imaginative world & story that the author created. Lots of new & interesting id
Christine bonner
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is about twins Raine and Thomas Renning who mums leaves them on there own a lot and there are all was moving to new places and schools

You have a laugh as well with what the twins get up to in school, Tom is the worse one.

It their 18th birthday and Tom buys Raine a book which there start to read

The book takes them into another world where you have vampires, werewolf's, demons and a lot of others

The twins are the chosen ones and you find out what there have to do, You will fall in love w
Jeannie Palmer
Jul 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book of Curses by L.D.Hutchinson is a good first novel that teens will enjoy reading.

L.D. Hutchinson has effectively captured a teens imagination as she takes readers to a new world with believable characters (Meet Raine Renning, and her twin brother, Thomas Renning). Their lives, far from your average teens "normal" existence, become truly exciting, in a sometimes frightening way, when they are pulled, quite literally, into another world.

As the characters face mental and physical challenges i
Shannon
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Book of Curses is a great first novel that teens will love. Hutchinson takes you to a new world, literally, as her characters undergo both mental and physical trials in a realm that is completely original. Raine’s inner struggle while she tries to adjust to the shock of being thrown onto the front lines is both relatable and intriguing. Between humour and action there is never a dull moment. – Shanon Neprily (author of the Forger)
Stina Rubio
Sep 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Publication date: July 7, 2012
Length: 272

SYNPOSIS: Meet Raine Renning , your average teenager and her twin brother , Thomas. Their lifes are pretty normal- if you call moving house to house, town to town normal. Since the death of their father Leland, their mother Tori has shown her true colors.on their 18th birthday Tom decides to have his ex-girlfriend, and best friend, Christie for a small party and give Raine her gift- one that will change all of thwir lifes forever. A book- while reading it
Valerie Mcqueen
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My review of Book of Curses
The Renning Chronicles Book 1
By L. D. Hutchinson

Rating 5*****

This book was provided free from the author in exchange for honest literary review.

Raine and Tom are teens quite used to taking care of themselves. Their father passed away tragically a few years ago and from that point on mommy dearest ceased to know they exist. Now just after their eighteenth birthday they are thrown into a world only fairy tales are made of.
Together these two twins are tue chosed ones a
Heather Alexander
Aug 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I was given this book in return for an honest review. Wow, what a story. This book is packed to the rafters with non stop action. Raine and Tom are twins living with their unloving mother. Tom buys Raine an ancient book for their 18th birthday, a book of curses. When they read a curse together, they are thrown into another world. A world of vampires, were's, shifters, fey, witches,demons, psychics, nephilim, and lots of magic. They find that they are the chosen, they have to visit the 6 realms o ...more
Merisha28
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for an honest review! ~WaAr~

Raine and Tom Renning are twins that are fixing to celebrate their 18th birthdays when an unexpected event happens and they are forced into another dimension or place. The twins are forced to fight for their lives and to take on a role that prophesied before their births. Will they step up and save this new world and their world? Will they make lasting bonds? As they discover more about the prophecy,they will learn that the have to tak
Tia
Oct 26, 2012 rated it liked it
First installment in the beginning of a series are suppose to draw us in and make us want to read more. At the start of this novel, I was impressed. I loved knowing it was all told from Raine's point of view as well. However, it began to get very typical until pretty much the end, which had me a bit bored. Then finally at the end, I was gripped back into the novel and couldn't wait for the second installment. I don't know if this author has strong enough writing talents to keep me completely int ...more
Amber
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book sucked me in from the beginning. Definitely one to check out! Really enjoyed this book and the characters!!!
Lady X
Isa Katha
Aug 31, 2015
Dms
Jan 22, 2013
L.D. Hutchinson was born in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. She's been writing since she was able to hold a pencil and drawing since about the same time. Her love for reading came when she was about eight and she read her first book, Hawksong a book that helped influence many of the short stories she's written.
More about L.D. Hutchinson...

The Renning Chronicles (2 books)
  • Fang (The Renning Chronicles 1.5)