Start by marking “The Magic Toybox” as Want to Read:

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  18 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In this time of electronic wonders, many of the toys we see around us almost seem alive - battery-powered and given a sort of microchip induced artificial intelligence. But what if toys really could come to life through magic and not technology, through the love and belief of the children who played with them? What if their responses weren't programmed and predictable?

In
Published August 1st 2006 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about The Magic Toybox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Magic Toybox

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·

Start your review of The Magic Toybox
Joshua Palmatier
Dec 13, 2011 rated it liked it

Edited by Denise Little

I decided to read this anthology (originally published in 2006, so it may be hard to find) because I thought it would be a great lead-in to Christmas, with stories about toys and childhood memories and the magic inherent in all of that. I wasn’t disappointed. Though the stories aren’t centered around the holiday season, their focus on the magic of toys still captured that same mood for me. And some of these stories were spectacular. Of particular note was D
Laurie Gienapp
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
The stories weren't that bad.. but they weren't particularly good. I would often forget where I'd left the book , and would pick up something else, because none of these stories were that compelling. I did finish the anthology, but by the end, I felt like there were some key concepts repeated over and over. I got really tired of a main character looking at a picture, or a doll, or a doll house, or something else, and suddenly finding themselves in that new setting, instead of the real world.
Typ
Leigh Kimmel
Jul 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This one is a mixed bag for me. All of the stories are written to a professional standard -- there are no complete clunkers here. However, some of them really clicked with me, while others left me feeling meh and one truly set my teeth on edge.
Emily
Mar 09, 2009 rated it it was ok
Decided I'm just never, ever going to finish this book. Started it last summer and had fun taking it with me for entertainment before movies in the park, but none of the stories were spectacular and I just never picked it back up again after getting about halfway through. ...more
Hepatica
Amy Dawson
Aug 07, 2013
Saul
Dec 09, 2013
Denise Little is an editor for Tekno Books.