Start by marking “Love the Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love the Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1)

Love the Sinner

(Brooklyn Sinners #1)

Detective Gabriel Ashby has never looked twice at another man, yet the criminal across from him, the man he’s interrogating, isn’t like any other. Gabe can’t deal with the sudden, intense need he has for one of NYPD’s Most Wanted. Everyone close to Angelo Pagan ends up dead, with the smug gang leader standing amid the rubble. Gabe would love nothing more than to bust ...more
Published May 9th 2012 by Ellora's Cave

To ask other readers questions about Love the Sinner, please sign up.
Bree http://avrilashton.com/?page_id=2798

Go to this web address. At the bottom of the book list it says:
Email avril.ashton@yahoo.com, or fill out the…more

Go to this web address. At the bottom of the book list it says:
Email avril.ashton@yahoo.com, or fill out the CONTACT form to purchase your copy. $4 each.

I just found this after trying to find these books for a little bit. She'll need your PayPal email and your preferred book format.(less)

Start your review of Love the Sinner (Brooklyn Sinners, #1)
Exina
2nd read: May 13, 2015

Loved it, even more than for the first time. 5 stars now, and highly recommended!

“I need you alive. I need you breathing.” He took in a breath then let it out in a rush. “I need you.”

I love when some external reason makes the relationship difficult. Gabe being a detective at NYPD, and Angelo being a criminal, precisely the head of Los Pescadores, one of Brooklyn’s most notorious gangs, are definitely dealing with this kind of problem. They are perfect together, their
Jenni Lea
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Gimme an H! Gimme an A! Gimme a W! Gimme a T! What does that spell??? Well, it doesn't really spell anything but you get the point when I say that...

This book is on FIYAH!!!!!!!!

My eyeballs have scorch marks on them and my eyebrows have been singed completely off.

And the sound effects! All the "hmms" and "unghs" and the "fuck, fucks!" And Gabe's dirty talk.

Oh.
Em.
Gee.

I wish I could hear them out loud... WAIT!!!!! HOLD THE PHONE!!!! Does this book come in audio book format? Is there an audio
Ingie

Written June 3, 2014

3 1/2 Stars - Sentimental and bloody boiling intensively - and after all, extremely captivating with a good topic with a few flaws

At some point —quite long ago— was this a freebie at Amazon and a few days ago I added it with the audio book for just a few dollars.

..and a half

When I'd listening to the last page (a sweet epilouge)
I'd to think a few moments about what I actually felt for Love the Sinner. I knew that I should point out that this novel is incredibly
Lorraine Lesar
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I sit, wait and think
Does Angel contemplate our fate
Does anyone know
Of our love and the things we had to do
‘Cause I have been told
That salvation is my Angel
‘Cause I know our love is not dead
So when I’m lying in my bed
Thoughts running through my head
I know you will come to call, you won’t forsake me
So I’m loving Rafe instead.
Gabriel to Angel (with a little help from Robbie Williams )

Reread time!
He is what he is. He’s certainly not perfect and crime is his name of the game, but when he loves, it’
Nazanin
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5-3.75 Stars

To be honest, it was a 3 stars for me if it wasn’t for those last chapters! I loved them and they higher up my rating. This story was about two guys; one a cop and the other a gang leader. They met each other in an interrogation room and fell in love instantly. I think their insta-love (or I should say insta-lust) wasn’t my thing. It was a forbidden love; one cop, one gang leader! For God’s sake! I expected some angst, or something like cat and mouse/hide and seek game! But nope!
Karla
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 amado stars!

My first book by this author. Found her book randomly in GR and right form the start it became a challenge. The reason why? Because I couldn't find it anywhere and you know how it goes the more you can't find a book the more you want to read it. But finally I got my hands on it and it was worth all the hassle.

"Love the sinner" (book #1 in the Brooklyn Sinner series). I really enjoyed this book and I was really intrigued by the blurb a "forbidden love between NYPD detective
DaisyGirl
1.5 Stars

Gabriel Ashby is a straight NYPD cop. Angelo Pagan is the leader of the Los Pescadores, one of Brooklyn's most notorious gangs. The two meet, fall in lust and then immediately in love. Despite their obvious differences, they buck impossible odds to make their relationship work.

I recognize that many of my GR buddies enjoyed this book and I'm happy for them. I can say that the smexy scenes were pretty hot and the editing was good for Ellora's Cave. That said, I could not get past this sad
Lenore
This book is so bad, it ends up being good.

The sappiness! The cheesy lines! The bad sex! The narm!

It burns. It burns so good (sic).
karlakolumna
Why, oh why do so many romance/erotic novels (of any kind) have to start in the same unrealistic fashion? All it takes is one look, one eye to eye contact and suddenly..

BOOM!!

Lust, desire, unbearable attraction to one another, cocks filling and twitching at the littlest mention of the name of the new object of one's every wet dream, electricity crackling during the slightest touch... All that, from 1 to 100 in 0.001 seconds. Truly amazing.
Gah.

If all these novels were to believe it'd be hard
~Mindy Lynn~
This author isn’t new, but she is for me as this was the first of her books that I’ve read. But ironically it’s not the only book of hers I own. I bought a different series but have been hesitant to read it because I have seen many say her books need to be read in order since a majority of her characters and some events in her other books bleed into her following stories. I guess this makes some of her stories feel confusing and incomplete. So I am starting at the beginning in hopes I will be ...more
SheReadsALot
THREE & A HALF STARS--M/M romance between a gang leader and a detective in the streets of BK (NYC stand up!!)

At times the sex scenes felt repetitive (I do not need to see the word "ridge" or "underside" for awhile after this book). It did become mushy at times and...*sigh* there was some excessive crying at times. Also sometimes the words from the male characters had a feminine tone, like I couldn't imagine the characters that were originally presented speaking or reacting that way. But the
❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
These men wore there heart on their sleeves and I love that!

The story has-

Hope...
It good, I liked it.
Bitchie
Jun 16, 2012 rated it liked it
I know this one got some great reviews, but I just didn't feel it. I loved the premise of two total opposites, a cop and a gang leader falling for each other, but this one just felt to pat, too easy. They meet across an interrogation table, and BAM! that's it, twu wuv. Never mind that the cop was straight and never even thought about a man in that way, or that the gang leader was being questioned for murder.

I found these two supposedly tough guys to be too sweet, and they cried too much. The sex
Breann
So a totally straight cop is going to fall for a gang leader after a first meeting? Pft. Yeah, okay. And then the cop continues to see him after the dude shoots him? Pft. Yeah, okay.

I'm with Ann here on the violence. Why is it alright for two guys to beat up on each other when they're in love? All relationships should be held to the same standard regardless of gender. You don't hit those you love (or anyone, really, for that matter).

But it was smmmmmooooooooookin' hot. Bonus star for the
DarienMoya

I lived for Renard Pasquale saying “Amado” and “Cop”. Also, Avril Ashton so AMAZING!!!

That is all...
Romancefantasy Ebookmaven
Aug 12, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
Awful. I don't even know what to say about how bad this one is. I see it has a lot of 5 star ratings so I guess I am wrong on this one. I am a romance fan; I just like to read romance novels and don't care if they are gay or straight as long as there is genuine love to be found. I don't like 'gangsta' sex books. And this book is about a 'gangsta' who has gay sex period. And the 'gangsta' is weak and unrealistic, and the cop is weak and a loser and unrealistic.

But besides all that fake 'gangsta'
Kassa
May 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
In my quest to experience new authors, Avril Ashton is my pick from Ellora’s Cave. While there are numerous good reasons why EC is not a publisher I go to when choosing books (esp m/m books) this particular choice wasn’t horrific. As that’s not a ringing endorsement, I found the writing to be standard if unimaginative, the characters to be stereotypical and predictable, the story littered with clichés, and a plot that didn’t always make much sense. Yet I found the book ok and finished it without ...more
Elle Beasee
Ridiculous.
Over the top.
Overwrought.
Soap-operatic.
Lips clash, bodies writhe together and are wrenched apart, cocks twitch, throb and weep and the emotional intensity - whoo - is akin to a teenage schoolgirl's.
The plot is completely unbelievable. A cop and the leader of a local gang? Who fall into insta-lust? And the cop is, until he meets the gang leader during an interrogation, straight? Nuh uh. Not buying it.
I made it to page 187 but this sucker is over 400 pages long.
Sorry. Can't do it.
Buggy
There seems to be a lot of mixed reviews for Love The Sinner and while it’s not without its faults it worked for me so Yay. The story piqued my interest immediately with its intriguing premise; that of a notorious gang leader and a NYPD detective getting together.

Talk about your forbidden love, how the hell is this relationship ever going to get a HEA? I’m also a bit of a sucker when it comes to the gay-for-you romances and ‘Gabe’ as our cop hero has never even looked at another man ”like that”
Heller
We have the leader of a gang and an NYPD cop. This is a gay-for-you story with Gabe, the straight police officer, falling for Angelo. It's kind of a love/lust at first sight sort of affair where they just fall into bed together.

I didn't really get any sense of jeopardy with these two being involved together and while there was some mild angst, things fell pretty much into place for them.

Regarding Gabe, for someone who has never slept with a man before he had some pretty smooth moves. ;)

Fani *loves angst*
I'd rate it with 1 star, but I actually managed to finish it -and in short time I must admit- so I raised it to 2 stars.

Plainly speaking it's bad: it's corny, sappy, unrealistic, an Harlequin on steroids. It's also love at first sight, for those who detest that thing. As for the cop/mafia conflict, it was non-existent, except in the very end. And still -I'm ashamed to admit- it's readable. I hope I eventually find the courage to go on with the series, but right now I'm not that brave.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
OMG killer freebie today at Amazon US today, 10/14/13! It was $5.38 when I added it!!

Feliz
This is a difficult book to rate for me. The writing in and of itself was good, compelling; lots of emotion jumping at me off the pages with not too much purple prose, hot sex scenes, interesting action.
The plot though....
Gabe and Angel lay eyes on each other for the first time in an interrogation room (view spoiler) and are immediately in lust. A cliche, though one I could've bought, but then their "relationship"
Ann
Listened to the Audible on this one and I liked the narrator when he was just narrating, but his voices for Gabe and Angelo were a little meh for me. It made the characteristics of each MC that I didn't really like stand out more.

Gabe came across as whiny when he was bitching about Angelo making the "wrong" choices. Ummm, he's the leader of a gang and you're a cop, you knew that, stop being surprised that his moral compass is a little skewed compared to yours. Stop trembling and shaking and
Chris, the Dalek King
I should not have liked this book. And it honestly makes no sense that I did. I mean, Gabe is the kind of cop that makes me want to strangle him. Slowly. And yet this story was just so very good. I was in it from the beginning and despite all the things that should have turned me off this book, I really liked it. Angel is not your white-washed criminal, he does some pretty horrific things in this book, and yet I really liked him, and wanted him to win, in the end. And the whole cop/criminal ...more
Melissa
May 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
This was a weird story. First, it was insta-love. Like in the first page of the story. I thought this might go something like Mary Calmes' A Matter of Time. Not even close! Gabe is a cop who has always been straight, never questioned his sexuality. Until he meets Angelo, a criminal and leader of a gang. Instant attraction, connection; neither man fights what they feel. So weird!!!! I just didn't buy any of this. The premise was good, but poorly executed. There needed to be a slower build up ...more
♥️Victoria ♥️ ♥️love books♥️
Overall book rating: 4 Stars
Audio book: Narrator Renard Pasquale 5 freaking amazing stars
Book Cover:4 Stars
MC1: Gabriel Ashby
MC2: Angelo Pagon

I don't know how in the hell did I miss this series in my audio library but, somehow I did. I really loved this book and the Narrator was absolute fan-fucking-tastic!!!

I am so BAD!!!! and I don't care LOL

I love these tattered don't mess with mine gang members. They are not afraid to get their hands dirty and oh hell do thy like it messy.....

Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer☠Pher☠ by: Sandi ♥'s way too many M/M books
Shelves: lgbtq, m-m
3.5's - That book was on fire! I feel like I have been singing that in my head the whole time, you know the song right? I think it really is girl and not book but whatever. Overall a pretty enjoyable read. A hint of Romeo and Juliet going on. I will for sure continue with the series. ...more
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
~~~

2.5 Stars.

This was a really tough rating for me. I found that I kept reading against my best judgement. I just couldn't buy into the insta-love in this one. On the other hand, I did shed a tear. So???

Just not my book, but maybe it's yours.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• Nothing Special (Nothing Special, #1)
  • All Kinds of Tied Down (Marshals, #1)
  • A Matter of Time Book I (A Matter of Time #1)
  • A Matter of Time Book II (A Matter of Time #2)
  • Aftermath (Aftermath, #1)
  • A Matter of Time Book III (A Matter of Time #3)
  • Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1)
  • Cop Out (Toronto Tales, #1)
  • Daylight Again (Hell or High Water, #3)
  • Shiver (Unbreakable Bonds, #1)
  • Straight Boy (Straight Guy #0.5)
  • A Matter of Time Book IV (A Matter of Time #4)
  • Fit to be Tied (Marshals, #2)
  • Long Time Gone (Hell or High Water, #2)
  • Once Upon a Time (Calluvia's Royalty, #3)
  • Just a Bit Ruthless (Straight Guys, #6)
  • Embracing His Syn (Nothing Special, #2)
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)
A Caribbean transplant, Avril now lives in Stone Mountain, GA., with a tolerant Spousal Equivalent. Together they raise an eccentric daughter who loves reading and school (not so much school anymore). Avril’s earliest memories of reading revolve around discussing plot points of Nancy Drew and The Hardy Boys with an equally book-minded mother

Always in love with the written word, Avril finally

Brooklyn Sinners (4 books)
  • Sinner, Savior (Brooklyn Sinners, #2)
  • A Sinner Born (Brooklyn Sinners, #3)
  • Sinner's Fall (Brooklyn Sinners, #4)
“I love you.” The words were a curse, harsh and punishing. “I can’t change it and I don’t want to. You’re it for me.” Angelo’s body shook between Gabe’s legs. “I gave you my heart in that fucking interrogation room, cop, yet you’ve been holding yours hostage from me.”
He pulled his head back, eyes over-bright, lips red and swollen. “I want those words. I deserve those words.” His voice wobbled and broke. “I demand those words. I need them.”
12 likes
“Damn it, Gabe." Pagan wrenched out of his hold and grabbed his shoulders. "Tell me what you want."
"To kiss you." The words tumbled from his lips, harsher than he intended. "Just once. To know what it's like. What you taste like."
Pagan's eyes darkened.
"Maybe then I'll be able to forget you."
Pagan arched an eyebrow and stepped forward. "You think it's that simple?"
Gabe held his ground. "Yeah."
"So do it." They stood chest to chest. Pagan's warm breath caressed Gabe's forehead when he said softly, "Kiss me, cop. Then try to forget me.”
9 likes