Start by marking “Das Buch Rubyn: Die Chroniken vom Anbeginn” as Want to Read:
Das Buch Rubyn: Die Chroniken vom Anbeginn

Das Buch Rubyn: Die Chroniken vom Anbeginn (The Books of Beginning #2)

4.24  ·  Rating details ·  6,308 Ratings  ·  624 Reviews
Drei Geschwister, drei Bücher, ein großes Geheimnis

Nachdem es den drei Geschwistern Kate, Michael und Emma erfolgreich gelungen ist, das erste der »Bücher vom Anbeginn« aus den Händen des finsteren Magnus zu retten, sind sie nun bereit für den zweiten Teil ihres Abenteuers. Dieses wird sie an der Seite ihres großväterlichen Freundes Dr. Pym erneut vor gewaltige Herausforde
Published October 22nd 2012 by cbj (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Das Buch Rubyn, please sign up.

Arsheen may be we can read it online bt i am unable to get a site where i can read it for free

Jeff Raymond
Putting aside Harry Potter, the landscape of children's fantasy is...strange. You have your classics (Redwall, various magical series from Lloyd Alexander, Fablehaven, etc), plenty of modern attempts to replicate Harry Potter or Tolkien (Eragon, anyone?). The modern stuff in particular repeatedly leaves me cold, though. Especially when you're looking for fantasy books with appeal to all genders, since most of the middle grade fiction that's not about sports or various wimpy/nerdy children is gea ...more
Jeffrey
Mar 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After the huge success of Harry Potter, there has been a veritable explosion of fantasy novels aimed at the youth market. But like Harry Potter, some of these books have crossover appeal to teens and even adults.

A case in point is John Stephens enjoyable series "The Books of Beginning", which had its start in April 2011 with the publication of the first book in the series "The Emerald Atlas". In Stephens capable hands, this fantasy comes alive and shines. If you have not had a chance to read it,
Martha
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-the-shelf
I actually enjoyed this book more than the first one. Probably because, of the siblings, my favorite is Michael and this is his story. I was about to give this 5 stars ... until I read the ending. Yes, I know it's not a bad ending but knowing the third book won't come out until next year (please let it be next year!) was kind of a downer. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!! lol.

When I said on my Emerald Atlas review that Emma was the least I liked ... I take it back lol. She really grew on me a
Priscilla
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Initial thoughts:

1. Michael was both sweet and annoying...in that sibling/brotherly way. Lot's of great character development and introspection with his character.
2. So much magic and adventure! Fun, fast-paced read. CRAZY CLIFFHANGER CHAPTERS.
3. There were quite a few Dumbledore-eque moments with Dr. Pym. It was awesome. :)
4. Which reminds me, there were quite a few elements that reminded me of Harry Potter and LOTR... Not too sure how I feel about that. Just something I noticed.
5. Lot's of fun
Lily Pis
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Più bello del primo 😍
Cintya Larasinta
Aaah!!!! Kenapa di saat sedang seru mengakhiri bab akhir ini?! Siaaalaaan!!!! Mana novel berikutnya? Mengapa belum diterjemahin juga?! Penasaran!!!!
Angigames
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wooowww… Stephens in questo secondo volume fa un lavoro davvero degno di nota!
La narrazione è ancora molto semplice e,come nel primo volume, incentrata sull’avventura e sul legame fortissimo e indissolubile che lega i tre fratelli Kate, Michael ed Emma alla ricerca dei Libri dell’Inizio, ma in questo secondo volume, il modo di raccontare dell’autore è notevolmente migliorato.
Preparatevi a viaggi nel tempo, separazioni dolorose, verità spaventose, rivelazioni scottanti e a tanta tantissima avven
Julianne
Feb 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it more than the first one - actually I liked it quite bit. It was sometimes overly similar to other series' though (I'm looking at HP and anything Snicket). Still, I'm definitely going to finish off the trilogy.
Aleshanee
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, jugendbuch
4,5 Sterne

Zum Inhalt

9 Monate nach den aufregenden Ereignissen in Cambrigde Falls finden sich die drei Geschwister Kate, Michael und Emma in dem alten Waisenhaus in Baltimore wieder. Der Zauberer Dr. Pym hat sie dorthin geschickt, um sie zu verstecken, denn der grässliche Magnus ist immer noch auf der Suche nach ihnen; nach ihnen und den drei Büchern: den Chroniken vom Anbeginn.

Dass ihre Eltern noch leben wissen die Kinder jetzt, doch weder, wo sie gefangen gehalten werden, noch wie sie sie rette
I wasn't overly thrilled with The Emerald Atlas and even less so with this middle-of-the-trilogy book; the influences of Rowling, Tolkein, Lewis and others was just so overt and the new blend didn't work for me.

Example? A Big Bad who is supposed to be dead, but somehow still lives in an incorporeal form (and is looking to find a "new" body). Example? A world of magic and a world of 'normal' that exist side-by-side but with the normals not realizing (at least, they don't after the Great Separatio
Kerith
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade, audio
My first thought upon finishing this was dismay - oh NO, it's over and I have wait until the next one is published to find out what happened. When am I ever going to learn my lesson about the middle book in a trilogy. This was even better than the first one, even if (again) we have children of destiny and magic books and, now, elves. And the obligatory visit to Manhattan.
This story is Michael's, and he doesn't disappoint. We also meet Rafe - oh man, Rafe.
I should point out that I am reviewing
Hannah White
This book was amazing. It started out kind of slow, but after about 50-60 pages in, I was hooked. Haven't been able to put it down all day. So good! A lot of things were kind of predictable (at least for me) but that did not withdraw from how much I enjoyed this novel. I love the themes of this book. I love how real all the siblings are and how relatable I find them. I love Kate, how loving and selfless and kind and strong she is. I love Emma, how stubborn and brave she is, and I can't wait to s ...more
Luna
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Barb Middleton
Dec 09, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was hard to read after the fun I had reading The Vengekeep Prophecies and Deadweather and Sunrise. I needed another edit with more concentration on the plot and less meandering. I skipped along the surface like a rock on water. Of course I have a stack of 30 books to plow through right now, so I might be a wee distracted. Not to mention a humongous order, a two hour speech to prepare for, and lessons for next week. This book reminded me of Michael Scott's series that involve a brother and s ...more
Cath
Jul 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Katja Berger
Dec 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I denne omgang af John Stephens fantasytrilogi splittes handlingen mellem Kate, som ved et uheld ender i en tidligere tids New York, og hendes to søskende der bliver tilbage. I New York møder Kate nye allierede og spindes ind i en historie hun allerede har levet en del af. Ikke mindst finder hun den onde Magus og hans ophav.

Kate besøger vi dog kun mellem de egentlige kapitler, der følger Michael og hans lillesøster Emma. Det er Michael der er denne omgangs egentlige hovedperson, og vogteren af D
Serena.. Sery-ously?
Jan 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
Amanti del fantasy, dell'avventura e di una buona storia.. Non fatevi sfuggire la trilogia-to-be (il terzo uscirà in inglese a gennaio, mi pare :D) di John Stephens!!! Sono sicura che troverete pane per i vostri denti e ne rimarrete soddisfattissimi! :)
Il primo volume, letto più di due anni e mezzo fa (Longanesi, vai con calma a tradurre.. Mica ci si dimentica le storie, nel frattempo!) mi era molto piaciuto ma non mi aveva convinta al cento per cento, soprattutto per alcuni elementi un po' butt
Miss Clark
Chris
Feb 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Since I gave the first book in this series four stars, I feel I simply must give this one five, as the series merits at least four and this second book in the trilogy may, in fact, and most unusually, be even better than the first. It really deserves much more buzz than has come my way, and many more readers. I'm going to have to find more ways to highlight and recommend the series while we wait for the final installment.

Early on, this book gives a nice little summary of the first one (though th
Flygaren Cederlöv
Författaren gör ett genidrag genom att dela upp syskonen så att det är två historier som utspelar sig parallellt. Kate som hamnar i New York i slutet av 1800-talet, en tid då magi och dess varelser fortfarande lever sida vid sida med vanliga människor. Hennes syster Emma och bror Michael är kvar i sin nutid och letar febrilt efter nästa bok i trolldomens tre skrifter. Handlingen utspelar sig ur Kates och Michaels perspektiv.

Berättelsen är snabb och mycket spännande där läsaren aldrig får en tråk
Stefania
In questo libro mi è sembrato di cogliere un miglioramento per quanto riguarda la capacità dell'autore di attrarre il lettore alla sua storia. Forse saranno i numerosi colpi di scena, o forse il fatto che manca la lunga introduzione presente nel primo libro, in ogni caso mi sembrato pi coinvolgente del precedente.
In un certo senso il protagonista diventa Michael, mentre le due sorelle vengono lievemente messe in disparte, ad ogni modo non vi un eccessivo "squilibrio" tra i ruoli dei personaggi.
M
Amanda
AAAUUUUGGGGGGHH! So I IMMEDIATELY need to start the final book. John Stephens, you are a very cruel man. I'm glad that I read them now so that I didn't have to wait and wait and wait for the last book.

So much for development in this one and insight into what drives our characters. Rats, trying not to give anything away here. Nope it's hopeless; can't do it. Anyway, thought that this was excellent and did not suffer from what many bridging books in a series do with that tedium till you get to th
ullianachase
OH MY GOD! IT WAS AMAZING! I LOVE THIS BOOK SO MUCH!
I could not tear myself away from it. And as a result, i've read this book in one day! 500 pages in russian in one day without long breaks. This book remings me of The Chronicles of Narnia, a little bit Harry Potter and Sisters Grimm! Truly funny, adventurous story with fantastic siblings relationship.

Already started reading the third and final book.
Reagan
Oct 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-favorites
OH. MY. GOSH. THIS BOOK WAS BEYOND WORDS AMAZING. I can't even describe my feelings for this series so far, every little bit of it is amazing, and this book just made it even better!!! Every part of this book was perfect and it's one of my favorite books OF ALL TIME. I will definetly be re-reading the first two books before book 3 comes out. I JUST REALLY DON'T FEEL LIKE WAITING!!!
Rick Stuckwisch
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This second book has maintained the excellence of this riveting, well-woven trilogy. Really engaging and thoroughly enjoyable. Masterful story, constantly moving forward on a complex but coherent path. Believable, realistically flawed, and sympathetic characters. I'd compare the books favorably to those of Harry Potter and the Mysterious Benedict, sitting comfortably between those two series.
Courtenay
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's done, and now I have to wait for the third episode in this trilogy. Jim Dale's narration adds to the enjoyment of the three children seeking books of power as well as their parents, who went into hiding to protect their offspring as well as the books. It's a wonderful fantasy, with dwarves, trolls, elves, and wizards. It's not just for young adults!
Ashley Brooke
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book three, please! On the double! (please!)

While 'The Emerald Atlas' was Kate's book, 'The Fire Chronicle' is Micheal's time to shine! Don't miss out on this sequel. It is just as cleverly written as its predecessor and will stick with you well after finishing the last sentence on the last page.

Book three can't come soon enough!
Megan
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love The Fire Chronicle! I finished this one and started the next one immediately so I don't really what happened in which book, but I loved Jake and Beetles. I'm considering opening up a shop. Anyway this was a great sequel to and awesome first book and the whole series this far is amazing.
Sandy Irwin
Nov 03, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
A very exciting adventure/fantasy novel. There were some parts that were clearly inspired by the Lord of the Rings, but otherwise, it was a very original story. I am looking forward to the final installment!
Megan
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm consistently impressed by TV authors who take up novel writing. Minus a few awkward passages, this is an excellent follow-up to "Atlas!" Highly recommend! Truly, this is the heir apparent "Potter" fans have been waiting for.
The Fire Chronicle (Spoilers) 20 68 Feb 23, 2016 05:49PM
Book Three 4 30 Jul 29, 2014 02:10PM
Book Three Title Speculation 12 36 Dec 30, 2012 06:24PM
  • Quest for the Secret Keeper (Oracles of Delphi Keep, #3)
  • Path of Beasts (The Keepers, #3)
  • The Triad of Finity (Oliver Nocturne, #6)
  • Ghost Knight
  • The Vengekeep Prophecies
  • Toothiana: Queen of the Tooth Fairy Armies (The Guardians, #3)
  • Cold Cereal (The Cold Cereal Saga, #1)
  • Rise of the Guardians Movie Novelization
  • The Unmapped Sea (The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place, #5)
  • Lost Train of Thought (The Seems, #3)
  • Joshua Dread (Joshua Dread #1)
  • Goblin Secrets (Zombay, #1)
  • The Dragon's Tooth (Ashtown Burials, #1)
  • Renegade Magic (Kat, Incorrigible, #2)
  • The Mask of Destiny (Billionaire, #3)
  • Dragon Castle
  • Deadweather and Sunrise (The Chronicles of Egg, #1)
  • Splendors and Glooms

John Stephens spent ten years working in television and was executive producer of Gossip Girl and a writer for Gilmore Girls and The O.C. He holds an MFA from the University of Virginia. John and his wife have a dog named Bug and live in Los Angeles. His debut book 'The Emerald Atlas' is the first in a series of
More about John Stephens...

The Books of Beginning (3 books)
  • The Emerald Atlas (The Books of Beginning, #1)
  • The Black Reckoning (The Books of Beginning, #3)
“The point of life isn't to avoid pain. The point of life is to be alive! To feel things. That means the good and the bad. There'll be pain. But also joy, and friendship and love. And it's worth it, believe me.” 24 likes
“Dragons are notable for their lust for gold, not a bad quality taken in moderation. Dragons are immune to fire, obviously. All dragons are terrifically vain, indeed as to who is more vain, a dragon or an elf, I would not want to be the one to decide. Hint: an elf. A dragon should never be engaged in conversation as they are inveterate liars and tricksters, though if you're actually talking to a dragon, you're pretty much toast anyway. Never, ever call a dragon a worm, no matter how much they're asking for it.” 11 likes