Start by marking “Iridescent (Ember, #2)” as Want to Read:
Iridescent (Ember, #2)

Iridescent

(Ember #2)

Candra Ember used to dream of saving the world one person at a time. She never expected to become an angelic weapon and the last hope in the battle against ultimate darkness.

Falling for a Nephilim wasn’t part of Sebastian’s plan. Distraction is something he can’t afford when his rival, Draven, wants what Sebastian has.

Lies, manipulation, and corruption are twisting the li
Published October 16th 2012 by Omnific Publishing (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Iridescent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Iridescent

Start your review of Iridescent (Ember, #2)
Giselle
An Electronic Advanced Reader Copy was provided by the publisher for review. Quotes have been pulled from an ARC and may be subject to change.

We’re back with Candra and her love triangle between Sebastian and Draven. Her love for both of them confused me just because it felt so fast. Insta-love at its best? I’m not sure if it was their angelic powers of persuasion, but she is still as lusty as ever. (It’s only normal.)

This time around there is a plot developing, and when it finally gets unleashe
Valerie
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
4 stars - A twisting turning ride with a kick-butt ending!

This one picks up right were Ember left off and we are right back in the action. And if anyone thought that Draven had given up on Candra, they thought wrong.

I love the characters in this book. Candra is strong and ready to face that she's the weapon in this war between good and evil. She doesn't shy away. She doesn't look for anyones protection. She loves Sebastian and he loves her. But will that be enough for either of them to survive.
Jessica
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Iridescent by Carol Oates is the continuation of the story that began in Ember. The gang is faced with a new foe: the soul stealing Lilith, who possess a powerful weapon and is bent on taking over the earth as her own.

After finishing the first book in the series, I couldn't wait to jump right into this one. There was no lull in the action - it began as soon as the story opened. I felt a little more trusting this time around, like I knew the characters better and could easily predict which direct
YA Novelties
Oct 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Check out our review of both Ember by Carol Oates and Iridescent by Carol Oates on our blog!

****WARNING**** This is a review of both Ember by Carol Oates and Iridescent by Carol Oates

3.5 Stars

Angels seem to be the next big thing in YA paranormal. Much of the latest YA paranormals have been Nephilim based. Whether or not this emerging trend is a blessing or a curse is not a concern, but I have to say that this trend allows me to be thankful that a series like this one has come out. Ember and Iri
Sarah (Head Stuck In A Book)
Just like the first book this one has a gorgeous cover as well although I do think that this one is definitely better, it's sooo pretty!
Iridescent continues on from where Ember left off, Candra and Sebastian are together, and Candra is still dealing with her grief after the tragedy in Ember (those who've read it will know exactly what I'm talking about), and also the knowledge that she is some kind of weapon who will save mankind, though no one really knows what she can/will do.
There is a new ba
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
In this sequel to Ember we get to see so much more. I want to Thank AToMR Tours for allowing me to be a part of this EPIC Tour! Iridescent picks up right where Ember leaves off. All Candra wants to do is save the world. She wants a world where there is peace and everyone gets along and no one has to suffer. Well that is not Candra's reality because she is smack dab in the middle of a war between good and evil. She is the angelic weapon the angels intend on using. She is the last hope for mankind ...more
Marissa
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
After reading Ember, I just remember, looking forward to reading this next story, to continue Candra and Sebastian's story, and let me say first, this was pretty Awesome! It just was! I feel there is so much story that leads you to a few twists and turns. There are misunderstandings, possible betrayal, love, and and evil desire for power. I really liked how we read more into Candra and Sebastian's relationship and you will read some swooning like scenes and angst moments. There are some other un ...more
Beckie Treble
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Now, I love Carol, and I got the chance to help her with this book, back when it was Lilith. I need to read the new version but either way, its gotta be better then back when I read lilith. It was fabulous then, its fabulous now. ♥
Emily
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
"Maybe heaven isn't back there. Maybe my heaven is right here, with her." *sigh* Love, love, LOVE it! ...more
Starr
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pre-2020-read
I received a digital galley, free, in exchange for my honest opinion.
Synopsis from Amazon: Candra dreamed of saving the world one person at a time. She never expected to become an angelic weapon and the last hope in a battle against ultimate darkness. Falling for a Nephilim wasn't part of Sebastian's plan. Distraction is something he can't afford when his rival, Draven, wants what Sebastian has. Lies, manipulation, and corruption are twisting the lives of the citizens of Acheron. The Arch is mi
Nickle Love
Originally published in Night Owl Reads.

I received an eARC copy of this book from the publisher as part of the tour. I enjoyed and loved reading the first book, Ember, and jumped to reading this one right away. The story picks up right where the first book left off, Candra and Sebastian are finally together but there's still a threat to everyone's existence. It was established that Candra is a weapon that no one has any idea what for, and dealing with the loss of her best friend isn't exactly he
Stephanie Ward
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
'Iridescent' is the second book in the Ember series, which continues to follow Candra - a teenage girl who had her entire world turned upside down when she learned that she's a Nephilim, the offspring of an angel and a human. After breaking all the rules and falling for Sebastian, an angel, Candra must now also face an unknown threat that's coming to kill her and start a supernatural war. She has also learned that she is a secret weapon of some kind and she is their only hope.

There are plenty of
Amber
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
Carol Oates is an author that I look forward to reading her latest work. She has a way with words that I find very appealing. She definitely knows how to catch and keep my interest in her story. This book was no different.

The book picks up where "Ember" left off. Candra is suffering emotional trauma with the passing of her best friend. She doesn't get to rest from her role as a Nephilim. Immediately a new threat comes to town. Lilith throws her into another emotional spin.

Then of course, there
Bookish Temptations
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Carol Oates is one of my favorite authors. Her writing is visual and breathtaking. Ember is the first novel in this series, and it was the first thing I read by Carol. I was captivated by the story, the characters, and the premise. (I have a fondness for angels). Iridescent picks up where Ember left us. Candra wants to help save the world. She’s a weapon, but nobody is quite sure how to use her, including herself.
You can read the rest of my review here: http://bookishtemptations.com/2012/10...
Gabby (What's Beyond Forks?)
Oct 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed

Full Review at: What's Beyond Forks?

I was undecided after reading Ember, but I can now say that I am officially Team Draven. While this book had some moments that seemed to drag to me, it more than made up for it in other moments. There were so many things that I didn't see coming, I was literally on the edge of my seat while I read.
Jessica
Dec 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-review
Iridescent is the second book in the Ember series and is not a standalone book. Carol Oates touches upon history featured in Ember, and all of the characters return in Iridescent. I tried to imagine coming into Iridescent without having read Ember; and honestly, I don’t believe it can be done. You, dear reader, would be scrambling trying to make sense of the world created by Oates and everyone’s relationship; therefore, I highly suggest reading Ember first for the back story.

Iridescent picks up
Virginia
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I wish there were more stars to rated this book! I love this story so much, that I know it will stay in my heart and mind for a long time <3. All the characters were amazing and I specially loved how brave and strong Candra was. I absolutely love he way things ended, it was the most beautiful gift they could all received :)
P.A.
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
I hope it's just because I didn't read the first book in the series but I just couldn't get into this book. I struggled to make it 40 pages before I gave up. Eventually I'll read the first book in the series and maybe after that I will be able to grasp this one. ...more
Jenna
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
didn’t disappoint!

full review here: http://coffeebooksandme.blogspot.com/...
Joan
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
enjoyable, slightly far fetched but overall a good story about love, friendship and bravery.
Heather
Nov 20, 2013
Pam Smith
Aug 13, 2012
Maggie
rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2013
Rebecca Redman
Dec 11, 2012
Mirnaja
rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Carol Oates came into the world on Christmas morning, in an elevator. Raised just across the street from the childhood home of Bram Stoker, author of Dracula, it was only a matter of time before Carol’s love of all things supernatural would emerge.
She began experimenting with fiction at school and keeps the notebook containing her first unpublished novel in her desk drawer. Over three decades lat

Ember (2 books)