Start by marking “The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3)

The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus #3)

4.46  ·  Rating details ·  352,616 Ratings  ·  14,123 Reviews
Grca badge winner
Annabeth is terrified. Just when she's about to be reunited with Percy—after six months of being apart, thanks to Hera—it looks like Camp Jupiter is preparing for war. As Annabeth and her friends Jason, Piper, and Leo fly in on the Argo II, she can’t blame the Roman demigods for thinking the ship is a Greek weapon. With its steaming bronze dragon masthead, Leo's fantastica ...more
Published October 2nd 2012 by Disney Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about The Mark of Athena, please sign up.
Luke J. Schelvan They've all already been released. Hope you like them!!! I hope that Rick Riordan writes another book!!!!!

Lara
Oct 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Percy Jackson, Greek mythology, action and adventure.
Where the previous books in the series have been funny, action packed and adventurous, The Mark of Athena does it infinitely better. This book has it all: character and relationship development, and action packed plot. Basically, this book was the bomb:

The book picks up from where we were at The Son of Neptune . We finally, finally get to see Percybeth reunited an entertaining fashion (view spoiler)
Sasha Alsberg
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite book in this series so far!!
Ela
WHAT KIND OF AN ENDING WAS THAT, HUH? WHERE WAS THE HAPPY ENDING? Oh my God.... Percy and Annabeth.... why why why why why

******

I won't lie, this book was the book that I was the most excited about in this series. This was the book that all the seven demigods were finally going to meet each other for the first time, and start their quest. AND of course, the Percabeth reunion (whooooooooooooooooooooo)!!!!!!

Rick Riordan hasn't failed me yet. His characters are still what I love about his books the
Sabrina
My Not-So-Final Final Review

Let's start this review in the most eloquently put way I can: I have no idea how to write this review.

When I finished this book a while ago, I would log onto Goodreads every single day and every single day, I would look at my pre-review and think, how can I write this review? What should I include, what should I put emphasis on? I would simply just stare at my laptop's screen until my mom called me down for dinner.

I wish I could write this review to the high calibar
Brigid ✩ Cool Ninja Sharpshooter ✩
OH GOD OH MAN OH GOD OH MAN.

I just ... I can't even ... I can't.

Well ... Good job Rick Riordan. You have written another glorious book. Congrats. I salute you.

But ... YOU ARE ALSO A HUGE TROLL, AND YOU ARE STOMPING ALL OVER MY FUCKING HEART, AND THAT ENDING WAS SO SAD AND BEAUTIFUL, AND HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT A YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE. HOWWWWWW.

... But okay, okay. Let's start at the very beginning. (A very good place to staaaart.)

In his usual trollish fashion, Riordan left the previous book i
Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Delaying death is one of my favorite hobbies”

Gods, how I missed these books! Why did it take me so long to continue this series? Why did I let Rick Riordan down?

It was great to return to the world of the Greek and Roman gods and monsters. Entertaining and so incredibly hilarious! Oh man, I loved this so much. The Mark of Athena has a few tiny flaws, but that doesn't stop it from being an amazing read.

Find more of my books on Instagram
Zanib  Sajjad
Latest Edit:
Oh man, oh man oh man oh man! Confession: First thought that came to mind when the book was released: How will Percabeth react to each other? A kiss? Dramatic hug/cry scene? Honestly, I really want to see more going on in that area. Sadly, I'm not getting my copy until the next few weeks.... I'm in control.... I hope they kiss in front of everyone, you know... WHAT? I'm in control- gosh....
Photobucket
..............

Photobucket

Edited:
Ok, WOW? Is that the cover? And is that Jason and Percy... Fighting? And
Ahmed  Ejaz
Sep 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, full-lengths
Uncle Rick! Now you are going to torture me with cruel cliffhangers? Really? I didn't think you would do that after seven books!
Anyway, carry on! I still love you!

This book was AMAZING! The adventure was the most deadly one yet. And we got to see all the prophesied seven demi-gods on screen. I LOVED THAT!

OVERVIEW
Annabeth, Jason, Piper and Leo reach Camp Jupiter with their warship, Argo II, to tell the roman demi-gods that they have to forget their animosity and team up with them to defea
maymay❀
Full review posted:

Pain, my true and loyal friend, welcome back.

First off, Uncle Rick are you okay? Who hurt you that made you channel your feelings into the ending of this book??

This isn’t gonna be much of a review rather than just a spoilery screaming session, but don’t worry my peeps im gonna break out the spoiler tags, you’re safe.

Now, let me tell you kids, THE AMOUNT OF PERCABETH IN THIS BOOK WILL GIVE YOU LIFE. You know when your ship becomes canon and you basically just want the entire
Leah
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Those were my two reactions when my sister told me the book was about to come out. I can't wait for this book!!!!! (you probably already figured that out by the pictures. he he.) The cover on the book seems so... dramatic. It looks like Percy and Jason are about to fight. Guess I'll just have to wait. Wow, the more I think about it, it is really hard to wait. (sigh)

After awhile
One day guys only one day!!!

After finishing the book

woohoo! I finally finished the book! :)

Oh wait...the next book comes
Maeve
Oct 06, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WHY, RICK RIORDAN?! Why would you do that to us?! I just waited a year for Son of Neptune and now you are making me wait AGAIN for Mark of Athena! All I can say now is: WHAT THE HECK?!
COME FASTER, 2012!

edit 10/23/11:

What the... well, only good thing is that it's September this time, instead of October. Oh well. See ya in a year!
Jessica
Oct 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, made-me-cry, own
FINALLY FINISHED October 5th:

*Dramatic sobbing from girl writing this review* WHY RICK?!!! WHY?!!! Why must you torture me with these gosh darn cliffhangers and these year long waits?!?!?! Do you just enjoy seeing your faithful readers suffer? Do you revel in our pain and anguish from chapters such as THAT PENULTIMATE CHAPTER!!! YOU KNOW THE ONE I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! How could you do this to us?!?!? And to the characters?!?!? Those two in the penultimate chapter, yeah them. That was a fate worse
Nicklein Mae
Nov 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cant-wait-books
Pre-Reading: When I started Heroes of Olympus, this book hasn't been published yet. So, I think it's time for me to dive back into this world. Stoked!

Post-Reading Edit: (3Jun2016)

4 stars!

As per usual with Mr. Riordan, this book was freaking hilarious. Percy and Leo's antics made me clutch my sides and had me dying of laughter hundreds of times. One of my favourite Leo Moments was his encounter with Narcissus. But nothing beats his convo with Aphros. That one was pure gem.

“We have trained all
C.G. Drews

I don't really know how to explain my feelings here, peoples. HOW ABOUT LIKE THIS??
description

ARE WE STARTING TO PAINT A PICTURE HERE OF THE INCREDIBLE PAIN I'M IN RIGHT NOW? LIKE. NO. AND WHAT. AND PLEASE STAHP, RICK RIORDAN, YOU MALICIOUS LEAF.

**hyperventilates**

Okay, but really. Let's talk about this book.

This is my 8th Riordan read, and it is excellent. Probably the best so far. I was woefully bored in book 2: The Son of Neptune but completely in love with book 1: The Lost Hero. And The Mark
Mr. Clean (I am probably not going to be active during summe
there are only two things, the first: the beginning was kinda slow, and the second: what the hell type of ending was that? That was such a huge cliffhanger, why Rick? Why? (view spoiler)
MOVED - CHECK BIO
-_- Chapter fifty-one, second half. Be warned.

In The Mark of Athena, Percy, Hazel and Frank meet up with four others from Camp Half-Blood: Jason, Piper, Leo, and Annabeth. This book's main conflict is pretty simple: Go to Rome, stay alive. Their goal is to make it to Rome, find Hazel's brother Nico, and find the Doors of Death.

This book takes place all over, but the main setting is on Leo's warship: The ArgoII. They visit Kansas, Atlanta, and some more places. ;)

I loved, LOVED, that Annabeth's
10/11/12
Just finished it. Shall post my review when I'm more coherent. But goodness, grab your copies now!

10/3/12

People, I know it's out and it has a cover. If you must know, I AM DYING TO GET MY HANDS ON A COPY. Gimmmmeeee!

---
I just finished the The Son of Neptune and I am so excited for this I might just keel over and die right now.

But where's the fun in that right? I will miss the release of the cover and I will never get to see the day of the Percy Jackson casts reunion.

So I'm wondering wh
Amber Robertson
“Wisdom’s daughter walks alone
The Mark of Athena burns through Rome
Twins snuff out the angel’s breath
Who holds the key to endless death
Giants’ bane stands gold and pale
Won through pain from a woven jail"

The Mark of Athena is the third book in the Heroes of Olympus series. The book starts off with Annabeth's perspective. She's feeling a cold presence on the ship as the Greeks sail into the Roman camp in order to reunite with Percy.

Unfortunately, since these characters will never catch a break,
Chloe
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THAT ENDING. Best in the series so far, can't wait to read the next one!
Clau R.
4.5, really. I don't know why, but I liked "The Son of Neptune" better (just a little bit). Anyways, this book was AWESOME. Percy and Annabeth have my heart <3.
Elesia
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god, this book was awesome!! My favourite of the series so far!! I love Leo and loved Percy and Annabeth in this book so much!! That ending was crazyyy, so going to read House of Hades asap!! Looooved!!
Helen 2.0
2.5. How are all these kids still alive? Natural selection should have picked them off years ago because clearly they're too dumb to stay out of trouble...

Yet another Rick Riordan book that is longer than it needs to be and is full of bad jokes that make me scold myself for laughing. Don't get me wrong, I love Rick Riordan most days of the week, but when is he going to stop being predictable? And when will he admit that platonic friendships between girls and boys are in fact possible and he does
Vane J.
Rick Riordan has come a long way with this series. And I mean it both literally and metaphorically. Literally because duh, it's the eighth book about these characters - if that isn't long enough for you, then I don't know what is. Metaphorically because if you contrast this with the original series, you can see how much mature it has become: The first books were fun and all, but this... this is the real stuff.

But let's get on with the characters first.

Now the seven demigods from the Great Prophe
Inge
I'm going to be taking a break from this series for a little while. These books should be getting better, and I should be enjoying them. Instead, I'm just getting more and more annoyed by the fact that Riordan uses the exact same formula over and over again. Granted, it's probably earned him a couple million bucks, but it really dragged me down. The beginning and the ending were really good, but the middle 300 pages were just... ugh, it's always "crew meets obstacle, crew beats obstacle, crew fi ...more
Lady Jaye
After Reading:

Frankly, this was sub-par and not at all worthy of Rick Riordan and the characters he's created (By that I mean Percy and Annabeth, not the new people. The others' creation was sub-par to begin with).

What we have here is some very shoddy work. Too many cooks spoil the broth and the many narrators made for a choppy and boring story. The characters were very flat. Mr. Riordan has managed to create a singularly annoying character in Coach Hedge. Piper and Leo are not far behind. Jason
Grace (LovingDemBooks) Z.
Buy this book HERE for CHEAP with FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

3.5 of 5 stars (Please read my rating system further below). THIS IS SERIES IS GETTING REALLY EXCITING. AND DEVASTATING. WHY ANNABETH AND PERCY???? WHYYYYYYYYYY

My rating system: (I do use half stars.)
5 - I do not use the 5 star. Not because a book might not be worthy, but because a book is never perfect.
4 - I loved it! There weren't too many flaws, and I had no trouble getting through it. (A 4 star rating is the highest rating I've ever
Charetta
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
ONLY like 0~20DAYS!!!! Wait a second
description
I have to say that even though like 20 days is horrible its better than a year ago. Really Rick do you enjoy watching people being tortured cuz I have to admit it happens alot with you. Any way the cover of TMOA is really good but really bad at the same time. (BTW Jason your rear end is gonna get kicked by my boyfriend)I just hope nothing bad happens to Percy and Annabeth. OH and to anyone who hasent read the first chapter that was relesed heres a tip DON'T DO
geez..
Oct 11, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Why oh why am I here again!?

I want this book right now! as in will drive all the way to S.A., ring on Riordans door and ramsack his house looking for a draft, copy, something...
The dread is killing me!!

so originally I was going to wait until Jan. or something to buy the book. That way I would only have to wait a couple months for The Mark of Athena. Sad to say i have no self control I disappoint myself. :( Temptation was too high.

Since I cant go back in time I might as well rant about how exic
Jessi ♡
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GODS remember how i said last book was the best so far?? OK THIS ONE IS THE BEST SO FAR!!! oh my god that was amazing! that was amazing! that was amazing! from the beginning, to that heart!stopping!ending! incredible. it just worked so well. ok i admit i did skip some pages on pipers POV but the forced-het-romance between her and jason is so annoying, i'm sorry!
ANYWAYS WHO'S READY TO START THE HOUSE OF HADES AT 2:40am?? this girl
Liz
My thoughts about:

Percy and Annabeth

Both. I love both.

Frank, Hazel and Leo

The plot

No more comments. There would be too many spoilers otherwise...
Too much happened. Too many surprises and thrilling things and unexpected and expected changes...

And finally...the ending...
The cliffhanger of the cliffhangers.

I cannot even write a proper review. This book killed me. It literally killed me. My heart broke.
Everything about this book is thrilling and tragic. I wrote about the second book, that I couldn'
who of the 7 is the strongest? 464 1507 May 21, 2018 12:50AM
The Mark of Athena 1 1 May 11, 2018 06:18PM
Does Any one get annoyed by way Piper thinks about Percy and whines a lot in her mind 255 558 Apr 23, 2018 05:21PM
anyone mad that Reyna tried to make a move on Percy 45 116 Mar 17, 2018 08:49PM
  • The Runaway King (The Ascendance Trilogy, #2)
  • The Council of Mirrors (The Sisters Grimm, #9)
  • Out of Sight, Out of Time (Gallagher Girls, #5)
  • Chasing the Prophecy (Beyonders, #3)
  • A King's Ransom (The 39 Clues: Cahills vs. Vespers, #2)
  • The Kings of Clonmel (Ranger's Apprentice, #8)
  • The Fiend and the Forge (The Tapestry, #3)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8)
  • Goliath (Leviathan, #3)
  • Tiger's Destiny (The Tiger Saga, #4)
  • Sweet Shadows (Medusa Girls, #2)
  • Dark Days (Skulduggery Pleasant, #4)
  • The Rise of Nine (Lorien Legacies, #3)
  • This Isn't What It Looks Like (Secret, #4)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • The Black Book of Buried Secrets
  • The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #3)

More about Rick Riordan

The Heroes of Olympus (5 books)
  • The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  • The House of Hades (The Heroes of Olympus, #4)
  • The Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Paradise Lost (The Vampire Diaries; Evensong, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery #5)
  • A History of Glitter and Blood
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Steeplejack (Steeplejack #1)
    $8.51 $2.99
  • Oz Reimagined: New Tales from the Emerald City and Beyond
  • The Song of Achilles
    $11.74 $1.99
  • Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Black Tuesday (Time Patrol)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Rogue Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #3)
  • Cloaked in Red
  • Warrior's Revenge
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Fire and Bone (Otherborn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery #4)
  • The Elven
  • Children of the New World
    $9.99 $3.99
  • The Best of Robert E. Howard: Crimson Shadows (Volume 1)
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
  • The Graveyard Book, Volume 1
    $8.99 $1.99
  • The Devil in Silver
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Hunt (Disrupted Magic, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Quantum Thief (The Jean le Flambeur Series, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Starship Grifters (Rex Nihilo #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fields of Fire (Frontlines, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Darwin Elevator (Dire Earth Cycle, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Country of Ice Cream Star
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The Cottingley Secret
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Blood Gamble (Disrupted Magic, #2)
  • The Curiosity
  • Virtual Light
    $7.99 $1.99
  • A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Busted Flush (Wild Cards, #19)
    $7.99 $2.99
“We're staying together," he promised. "You're not getting away from me. Never again.” 2411 likes
“I try not to think. It interferes with being nuts -Leo Valdez” 1743 likes