Start by marking “Forsaken Heart (The Forsaken Series, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken Heart (The Forsaken Series, #1)

Forsaken Heart

(The Forsaken #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  22 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Punished for sins not her own, can a mortal claim her vampire mate?

For Bede MacTaggert this means trusting in the warrior sent for her sister—a man of mystery, of power, and one who could easily sweep her into a world she's destined to be part of.

An imperial gu
ebook
Published April 16th 2012 by Beachwalk Press, Inc. (first published April 3rd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Forsaken Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaken Heart

really liked it 4.00  ·

Carolyne
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Forsaken Heart was provided to me for free in exchange for a review.

'The world of immortals must unite to save both themselves and the mortals they co-exist with from an ancient evil.'

Forsaken Heart caters to an audience who loves their males dominant, their women spunky and their sex hot and plentiful. It's what you'd expect from paranormal romance/erotica, but has a few twists that make it fresh and original and sets it apart from the genre.

The vampires of has one of the most best concepts I'v
Erika
Aug 24, 2015 marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: virgin-hero
DNF at 25%
2nd DNF of the night

The story has potential, but the writing doesn't flow smoothly enough for me. Too bad. I really needed a virgin hero so I wouldn't have to deal with past OW. Ah well. :-(
Stefanie
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I‘ve received the book in exchange for a review. The story is very interesting, and I will keep reading the next books to find out the whole story. You will not find all answers in the first book to your questions 😉. It was not always to keep up with the story, from time to time there were some jumps in the storyline. But I really like the two MC Bede and Gawain and their sweet but also hot lovestory.
Nikki McCarver
May 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is the first in a four part series and I must say the first one is a really great read! It starts off with Bede and her sister being sold to a slaver. Her father eagerly parts with them for a pouch of gold. Bede calms her sister's fears and thinks of this as an opportunity to get away from their abusive parent. Since the death of her mother, everything has fallen onto Bede's shoulders. She loves her sister more than anything and would willingly die for her. They do not even make it to ...more
Alex (Briennai)
Aug 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gawain is sent for Bede and her sister, and Bede must trust him to take them to safety. Gawain has never given in to his personal desires, and he lives to serve his royals. Now, he can barely keep his vampire side from drinking Bede dry.

When Bede's sister goes missing, she has to trust Gawain to bring her back. She finds herself still falling for Gawain, even though he shies away from her at almost every opportunity. She can't help herself, and she just hopes that the both of them will be able t
Carol Flythe
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I've always loved vampire stories and movies and basically anything to do with vampires. But this book is about more than just vampires. There are other creatures, witches, goddesses and gross dads. It flips between the perspective of Bede and Gawain.

There is plenty of sex talk as well so it borders on paranormal erotic maybe? Just my thoughts lol but I'm not against finding new books to read that merge genres. I also liked that the action picked up from the beginning of the story. I didn't hav
Sara Lee
Aug 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle, fantasy
Gunjan Mittal
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Forsaken Heart is the first book in the four part series and is an interesting read. The story starts with Bede and her sister being sold by their father for a bag of gold to a slaver. Bede is smart and starts thing of an escape plan. They both get an opportunity to run away. Bede is like a mother to her younger sister and the bond between the two sisters is really strong.

Read the complete review on my blog - http://blushesandsparkle.com/forsaken...
GillyBean
May 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF 59% - Promising. I got this free for a review but I’m a bit disappointed. I tried but I couldn’t anymore. The story seems all over the show, it’s a bit too rushed and confusing and I couldn’t keep up.
Questian
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-to-read
it was confusing, but it worked in the end.
Louis
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was the first of a really great series. I buy everyone that comes out and wait impatiently for others.
Jessie
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This series is fantastic. Keep on writing. Both you and Ms. Lake have a way with world building. I love you both.
Deborah
rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2012
Apr 29, 2012
Josie Klares
Oct 20, 2012
Elise Whyles
Oct 28, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Jake
Mar 27, 2018
Carlota
Apr 19, 2018

The Forsaken (6 books)
  • Curse of a Dragon's Claim (The Forsaken Series, #2)
  • Forsaken Paradise (The Forsaken Series, #3)
  • Forsaken Norse Wind (The Forsaken, #4)
  • Skarlet Kiss (The Forsaken, #5)
  • Enchanted Waves (The Forsaken Series, #6)