Start by marking “The Bronze Key (Magisterium, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Bronze Key (Magisterium,  #3)

The Bronze Key

(Magisterium #3)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  14,769 ratings  ·  1,749 reviews
Magic can save you.
Magic can kill you.

Students at the Magisterium are supposed to be safe. Under the watchful eyes of the mages, they are taught to use magic to bring order to a chaotic world.

But now the chaos is fighting back. Call, Tamara, and Aaron should be worrying about things like pop quizzes and magic contests. Instead, after the shocking death of one of their
Published August 30th 2016 by Scholastic

To ask other readers questions about The Bronze Key, please sign up.
Leanne Chu I'm 'glad' in a sense that I've only discovered this series yesterday. So the wait is not as long. But I feel you.
Zuko's Honor
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  14,769 ratings  ·  1,749 reviews

Start your review of The Bronze Key (Magisterium, #3)
Emma Giordano
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
To be honest, I really did not love this installment! I struggled with book one, greatly enjoyed book two, and book three did not hold up for me.

What I love about this series is the characters. I find the dynamics between Cal, Tamara, Aaron, and Jasper to be very unique and authentic. Each book showcases their development as individuals and a team and I always enjoy the chance to watch them grow further.

What I struggled with the most in this particular novel was the plot. I did not find this
Blaire Hammond
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
my heart is broken into a thousand pieces and I don't know what to do
TJ✨

Dec 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-english
4.5 Stars!

*** SPOILERS ***

I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS KIND OF PAIN COMING FROM A DAMN MIDDLE GRADE! I DID NOT!

GO BACK! GO BACK! I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE HAPPENING!

I spent the whole book wishing this were not a Middle Grade. Wishing this to be a a New Adult, for things to be darker and more intense, FOR AARON AND CALLUM TO FINALLY BECOME CANON! and now I don't know what to say because I'm broken.

THIS IS NOT OKAY!

"He's my best friend. He's my counterweight."

I want to scream how much I
ABookishGift Reviews (Max)
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
fuQ THAT WAS GOOD

but that ending like can we just not

too many emotional books I'm crying halp pls
ambsreads
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This post can also be found on my blog here: https://ambsreads.wordpress.com/2017/...

R A M B L E
This review will probably be short because I amscreamingstill from this book.The Bronze Keyby Holly Black and Cassandra Clare wasdark. The previous two books seemed like child play when compared to this book and I am shocked. I am shocked that these two women aregeniuses. I haven’t felt like my heart was being ripped out of my chest by a book in a long time, but these two authors manage to do it
Carrie
Aug 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bronze Key is the third book in the Magisterium series by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. The action picks back up in this book shortly after the ending of the second as Call, Aaron and Tamara are beginning their third or bronze year at the Magisterium, a school that teaches a special few magic. This particular book in the series picks up the story with a death among the students and a spy on the loose threatening Call.

The Magisterium series is meant for middle grade readers but as an
Alexa ❤️
Nina  van der Kooij
Update: Well, that broke my heart. When's the next?

Update: I like the cover! Can't wait to read it!

I WANT THIS PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME WAIT ANOTHER YEAR
Teodora
Oct 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Bulgarian review: https://bookishipster.wordpress.com/2...

How this book ended is not okay. Everything is not okay. I'm not okay. This can't be middle grade, it's too painful. I did not expect any of this coming, to be honest. I don't like where this is going, but i like it at the same time because this series has so much potential. And so much pain. Can't wait to read the fourth one!
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms (Book.Enchantress)
4.25 Golden Stars
(4 the whole story- bonus: +0.5: the ending)
but as I gave 4.5 stars to the Iron Trial & I loved that much more compared to this, so according to my rating system, I have to give 4.25 to this one (it's complicated! XD ), tho the ending made my heart race like crazy.

Such a quick, cute & funny read!
I was about to give it 5 stars because of the last 40 pages! but you know I'm too dubious about giving 5 stars & the whole story was 4 stars (I waited for it to be started
Michael
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017
WELL THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY.

For the majority of this book, I was so ready to write the rest of this series off. It wasn't necessarily bad, I was just bored and felt as if this book didn't have a plot or purpose. And then I got to those last 20 or so pages. And, damn! All hell breaks loose and the dynamic of the series is permanently shifted and I'm back on board to see how the events are going to play out moving forward.
Lindsey
Jun 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Bronze Key: check the third book in Clare's and Blacks Magesterium series really heats up. The beginning had action but was a little slow for me. It could have been cause I was doing a lot and going through a lot these past couple weeks, so my sole focus wasn't always on the story. Throughout the story you are trying to figure out who the schools spy is and who is trying to kill Call. The trio goes off on their own as usual to try to solve things, but this time things really go wrong. I ...more
Emma
Jun 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic series. The plot moves on at a clip in this story. We find the spy, events turn tragic, we get a new enemy and a surprise identity.
Cynthia
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Annilee
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book definitely wasn't what I expected. And I mean that in the best way possible, because...just. Oh my god. This review probably won't be terribly coherent, because I cannot possibly put my thoughts into accurate words about this. This book took the Magisterium series to places that I never thought it would. I have no idea where it will go from here. And I love that about it. Everything was a shocking blow, I couldn't see any of it coming. Especially that ending.
The search for the traitor
Rana⚡
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Fire wants to burn
Water wants to flow
Air wants to rise
Earth wants to bind
Chaos wants to devour"

Woah, I almost forgot this series! It's not quite memorable to me, but i think that's about to change BECAUSE THAT CLIFFHANGER WAS EVERYTHING

Now that I've stopped comparing it to Harry Potter and that it started having a complete story of its own that's not just about mages and a school for magicians, it got interesting enough.
I still expect way more from the writing style tho. Like its written
Shaina
I’ve gotta read the next one! I’m so glad I have it.
Twists, turns, knots, puzzle pieces in this continuing saga. I’m invested.
Some of the characters annoy me and I just really like others; but that is how they are written.
I’m kinda punched in the stomach by this one.
Justine
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up.

I listened to this as part of my ongoing audiobook project where I listen with my kids.

This third book in the Magisterium series was filled with deepening intrigue, some truly shocking events and revelations, and a cliffhanger ending! All three of us loved this and my kids are now dying for the next installment, due later this year.
maddi
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 stars!!

(view spoiler)
Alina  Carstairs~Herondale
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I swear, every time I read a Cassandra Clare book I cry; This time was no different.
Julieta
Aug 31, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
T.T
Chryssa Tsantsaraki
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I feel dead inside. This ending killed me.
Vanessa
There will be no spoilers in this review, except at the very end, but they will be under a cut!

Got it yesterday, started this morning and finished this afternoon. It was easy to read and just as the second book, very entertaining.

Sadly, I still think the world building is pretty shoddy. I still have no solid idea of how the school or the magic actually work, except for the chaos magic, for example. I also only have a faint idea of how the adult mage society goes about their daily life (Don't
Alison♊⚜️✨(semi-hiatus)
(Personal note)
Oh wow, finally finished this..
For some reason, I always struggle with the beginning of this series' books... oh well, as long as I finish it, it's fine...
Till now, this one is probably the one I preferred most from all, more relevant (and interesting) events were happening ; just took longer to read because I re-started uni :)
The ending was kind of dramatic so I'm gonna go read the next book, bye :D
Stephanie
Oct 10, 2016 rated it liked it
"I'm telling you, you're messing up the story now GET IT RIGHT!"
Rebekah
Book number three in the Magisterium series picks up a little of the slack left by book two, but not as much as I’d hoped. The plot does not follow the pattern of the two previous books and instead opens up the door to wider problems than those personal ones faced by the students.

But then, unfortunately throughout entire middle of the book those students focus on their personal problems. Things happen, of course, but nothing that really moves the plot along until the very end.

Call isn’t quite as
Syd the Kid
Apr 07, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: library, children
Rating: 1.5
This book was extremely boring and I didn't understand what the point of it was for 95% of the book. Last 40 pages where heartbreaking, unexpected, and exciting though. Very disappointing.
Skye (HailHydra)
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
WHAT. THE. HELL. JUST. HAPPENED.
Lauren Evatt
Jan 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: best-of-2016
The Bronze Key is the third installment in a series that continues to impress and raise the stakes in each volume. Once again the writing balances a dark story with a feeling of adventure and just the right amount of humor. I loved exploring the possibilities of chaos magic and how both Aaron and Call handled it. In this book we really get to see why people fear Makars and their abilities. It was also interesting to watch all the characters fighting to not repeat the mistakes of the past and yet ...more

• El guante de cobre. Magisterium 2
  • The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses #1)
  • Queen of Air and Darkness (The Dark Artifices, #3)
  • Ghosts of the Shadow Market
  • Magisterium 01 Der Weg ins Labyrinth: Der Weg ins Labyrinth .
  • The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #2)
  • Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy
  • The Ship of the Dead (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #3)
  • The Bane Chronicles
  • La prueba de hierro. Edición especial 5,95â?¬
  • Die Duftapotheke (3). Das falsche Spiel der Meisterin
  • Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2)
  • The Burning Maze (The Trials of Apollo, #3)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Magisterium-Serie (Reihe in 5 Bänden)
  • Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)
  • Son of the Dawn (Ghosts of the Shadow Market, #1)
  • The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1)
Holly Black is the author of bestselling contemporary fantasy books for kids and teens. Some of her titles include The Spiderwick Chronicles (with Tony DiTerlizzi), The Modern Faerie Tale series, the Curse Workers series, Doll Bones,The Coldest Girl in Coldtown, the Magisterium series (with Cassandra Clare), The Darkest Part of the Forest, and her new series which begins with The Cruel Prince in ...more

Magisterium (5 books)
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium, #1)
  • The Copper Gauntlet (Magisterium, #2)
  • The Silver Mask (Magisterium #4)
  • The Golden Tower (Magisterium, #5)
“That's what heroes did. They ran straight toward danger and didn't ever give up.” 20 likes
“The human soul is the opposite of chaos, of nothingness. The soul is everything.” 11 likes