Start by marking “Exposing the Big Game: Living Targets of a Dying Sport” as Want to Read:
Exposing the Big Game: Living Targets of a Dying Sport

Exposing the Big Game: Living Targets of a Dying Sport

Exposing the Big Game takes on hunting and defends the animals with equal passion, while challenging the readers to reexamine their stance on killing for sport.
Published June 16th 2012 by John Hunt Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Exposing the Big Game, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exposing the Big Game

Start your review of Exposing the Big Game: Living Targets of a Dying Sport
Peacegal
Apr 21, 2012 rated it liked it
If you’ve read my past reviews of books such as Man Kind? and The American Hunting Myth, you’ll know I’ve wished for a more modern, book-length expose of the sport hunting industry. While Exposing the Big Game grants that wish, some bad wording choices prevent this book from being the mass-appeal, Eating Animals-style tome that would really do the most good.

The author starts tossing out the Bubba insults in the preface, apparently guessing that the way to a hunter’s heart is to insult the hell
Owen
Dec 30, 2012 rated it did not like it
My review from Amazon

This book is awful. I read it as I read all things with an open mind, I was looking forward to this book and it's thought provoking, well researched, and thoughtful approach to the subject. I found all of these to be absent from the book I received. First off the formatting is awkward on the kindle with random pictures inserted at various sizes, on every kindle but the fire the grey scale pictures are not particularly clear. Though the pictures that were clear are wonderful.
Susannah
Oct 22, 2012 rated it liked it
While I read this in one night, I was not enthralled with it. I agree with most of what he says, especially about sport/trophy hunting, but he is a bit too radical for me. I gave it only 3 stars, but still recommend it.
Jen
Jan 09, 2016
Imogen
Jun 13, 2012
Jim Robertson
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Country
Cole Smith
Nov 15, 2019
Jenni
Apr 09, 2021
Jim Robertson is a wildlife photographer and self-taught naturalist who makes his home in a remote wilderness setting in the Pacific Northwest, beyond the reach of cable television and mercifully out of earshot of Sarah Palin's daily sound bites.

Living among the likes of elk, wolves and bears has led to a keen awareness of animals as individuals. Yet, with wildlife habitat comes the depraved conc

News & Interviews

Jenny Lawson is the funniest person you know. And if you don’t know her, just read one of her books and she becomes the funniest person you...