Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)

Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3

(Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics #1.3)

The final chapter!

The Harmony Restoration Movement has failed, and the world is plunged back into war! In the midst of the battle, can Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko mend the rift between them, or will Aang be forced to take actions that can't be undone?
Published October 9th 2012 by Dark Horse Comics (first published September 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.
Trisa (Absolute Bookishness) You could borrow it from your library by visiting, in person, to get a physical copy. Or, by using whichever program--and, if available, the correspon…moreYou could borrow it from your library by visiting, in person, to get a physical copy. Or, by using whichever program--and, if available, the corresponding app--your library uses for its e-library/digital library collection, e.g. Overdrive (https://www.overdrive.com), Hoopla (https://www.hoopladigital.com/home), or Comics Plus-Library Edition (https://library.comicsplusapp.com) for a digital copy (if your library is part of this).

Hope this helps.(less)

Start your review of Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)
Hannah
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THAT WAS AMAZING IM A MESS WOW
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
For the review of the whole mini series, and more reviews, please visit my book blog

4.75/5stars

Yes! What an awesome finale.
I loved Zuko's everlasting battle with evil within.
I love Sokka's...I just really love Sokka.
I love how Aang loves who he is and where he came from. I love his philosophy.
I love Katara, because she keeps everybody in check, and because she's a waterbender (and so I am according to a quiz I took).
I love Toph because she's badass to the core.
description
A wonderful addition to the Ava
Caz (littlebookowl)
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Rating: 4.5
lethe marks
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i would just like everyone to know that zuko is the love of my life and i would marry him but i would also marry katara thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Rottgrl88
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elemental

Such a satisfying ending to this "chapter". The artwork is just as great as the television series and the comical moments from Sokka are just as funny. Nothing is lost in translation and I can't wait to continue.
Jahanzaib Asim
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was rewatching one of my favorite episodes of Book 3 today (The one where the team goes and watches the play represntations of their journey) and it hit me, I still haven't read the continuation
And decided to do so after finishing Shadow and Bone.
And maaaaaaannnn, I'm so glad I did.
It takes place RIGHT AFTER the 100 year war. After Aang defeated the Fire Lord, Ozai, by taking away his bending
They seem to think they have found peace and propose a harmony movement, eradicating the fire nation
Emma Angeline
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always loved the series and it translates very well into the comics. Avatar has always tried to deal with more complex sociopolitical and moral issues so exploring decolonisation and cultural appropriation is very ‘on brand’ let’s say, certainly true to the original series (the comics are all canon ofc). Listening to every side of the argument and finding the most reasonable and peaceful (endgame) solution is a consistent theme. Loved it and annoyed I left the next couple comics at home lol ...more
Camila ☼
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I never really gave much though to the fire nation colonies in the earth kingdom when I watched the show. But it was really interesting to read about how people from the fire nation had made a home in Yu Dao.

This comics are for children, yet they deal with such complex politics too. This show, the writers and the comics continue to amase me with the themes they decide to throw into ATLA.
Alexandra Elend Wolf
"Asking you to end me if I went bad... that was like asking you to figure out right and wrong for me. I didn't just want you as my safety net. I wanted you as my escape hatch. I can't put that on you. I understand now."

What a satisfying end.

I must admit, Aang got on my nerves a lot, but, thankfully, he took the right decision at the end. I mean, I get why he was like he was, I don't hold it against him, but it frustrated me a lot.

It starts pretty intense and continues likewise for the re
Lizor
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What more do I need to say? It's Avatar.
Sophia
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Second Read:
Reading this again, I really felt the struggle within Zuko, Aang and the Eath King to do the right thing. Unfortunately, knowing what the right thing to do is the issue throughout the 3 parts of this story line. It felt good to see the character development and see the slow process of this world. Its the dawn of a new age for the four nations and I'm excited to read on and see how this movement comes to fruition.

First Read:
Nations at war again. This doesn't look good for Avatar Aang
Ashley
Yep, that was good. Maybe really good. I particularly like the way you can see events here starting to lay foundation for the world you see in Legend of Korra, with the mixed cultures and metal bending, etc. Definitely checking out The Search and The Rift.
Anna lost in stories *A*
another 4,5 stars for the conclusion to this first trilogy :) I really enjoyed this story, definitely looking forward to the second one... and based on the little glimpse at the end of this one... I am gonna enjoy it even more... :)

XOXO

A
Cath
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
3.5/5 stars.
This was good! Things were resolved but it wasn't as good as the first two. I still really enjoy these comics though, I love these characters so much :')
Charlotte Anne Hamilton
[[5 STARS]]

everything worked out. can't wait to start THE SEARCH and see what happens next. Also AZULA!!! i've missed her.
Serena
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
listen I'd die for fire lord zuko
Aleksandra
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Loved it! I love so many scenes and moments here, especially Aang telling off Roku and saying that it's a new world and you can't enforce old world rules, I love the complexity of everyone's characters, I love the humor (these kids have the best one-liners), I love Aang addressing his air nomad heritage & talking about cultural appropriation, and of course, I am vey excited to read the next comic, the search for Zuko's mother (with the help of Azula *gasp*)!

All in all, I've enjoyed Ava
C.B. Cook
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great conclusion to The Promise!

I really enjoyed this continuation of the Avatar series, and I think this was a great conclusion. I'm really hopeful that I'll be able to read The Search soon.
Shravanthi
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd have liked a little more detail at the end..but that's okay, because whoever is writing these graphic novels is doing a fucking good job! Loving it through and through! :D
Mel (thebookishmel)
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
i definitely think that out of the three in the promise, this is definitely the best one because we see the internal struggle between all of the characters with such depth!!
Bárbara
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good, sooo good.
Sokka always carrying the burden of being the idea guy. He never dissapoints.
Aang and Zuko being family... in a way. My heart melts.
And Iroh inventing bubble tea. The real genius of this story.
Melinda
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Will I ever love anything as much as I love this universe, Aang and Katara's unnecessary relationship and all?
GrilledCheeseSamurai (Scott)
Feb 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dark-horse, comics
Great conclusion to this arc. LOVE the ending and LOVE that I can be back in this world again.
Haley Keller
Oct 14, 2012 rated it liked it
I have no idea where to even start. I will say that it's good I'm not doing a video review for this because I would start rambling and never stop.

I know a lot of people haven't been too thrilled with The Promise from the beginning, and this (the last one of this storyline/arc/whatever) just made everyone hate it more I think. I wasn't very happy with it either. I appreciate what their trying to do with this story, but I don't think they pulled it off very well. The idea of exploring the "new" wo
Jen • Just One More Page

Review for all three parts under the cut.
(view spoiler)
Swankivy
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
The exciting conclusion to the "promise" graphic novel trilogy really makes good on its promise! Back in the beginning of this story arc, newly crowned Fire Lord Zuko made Aang promise he would "end him" if he lost touch with the good and started becoming his terrible father, but in consulting with his disgraced, imprisoned dad, he started to get confused about the sacrifices a Fire Lord needs to make and what constitutes the right stand for a leader to be making when faced with war. Now he cont ...more
Clara
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I knew the Avatar Series was good - I know every episode by heart - but this was beyond my expectations. In such a short, children's book they discuss subjects such as colonisation, culture approach and making your own choices. It educates as much as it entertains. Aang will forever be a role model for me, but the path which Zuko struggled with is a reminder that we make bad choices, but that does not mean that we can not make good ones too. I see Katara, and see not only a brilliant waterb ...more
B.C.
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was by far the best of the three. The comedy was right, the characters were right. It was just good. The only issue is that it did not take us all the way to Captial City. I know there is another series comming out now, so i hope it takes up to then.

This was really good, i just wish it had taken us up to present in the Avatar world. I can only assume i will be spending more money in the future. Part of a Master Plan? I believe so.
Jasmine
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love everyone in this tea shop.
Future Teachers, ...: kala ulep review 6 1 1 Nov 14, 2016 10:43PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Avatar:The Last Airbender: The Promise Part 3 1 9 Jul 25, 2015 12:24AM

• Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Three (Imbalance, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part Two (Imbalance, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part One (Imbalance, #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire Part Three
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, #3)
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1)
  • Avatar Volume 1: The Last Airbender (Avatar #1)
  • The Rise of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Legacy
  • Avatar Volume 2: The Last Airbender (Avatar #2)
  • The Lost Scrolls: Earth
  • The Legend of Korra: The Art of the Animated Series Book One: Air
  • The Legend of Korra - Lost Pets (FCBD 2018)
Gene Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. In 1997, he received the Xeric Grant, a prestigious comics industry grant, for Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks, his first comics work as an adult. He has since written and drawn a number of titles, including Duncan's Kingdom (with art by Derek Kirk Kim) and The Rosary Comic Book. American Born Chinese received National Book Award.

He

Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics (8 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Search (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Rift (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Smoke and Shadow (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #4)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #5)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - Imbalance (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #6)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Lost Adventures