Start by marking “Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)” as Want to Read:
Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)

Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 3

(Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics #1.3)

The final chapter!

The Harmony Restoration Movement has failed, and the world is plunged back into war! In the midst of the battle, can Avatar Aang and Fire Lord Zuko mend the rift between them, or will Aang be forced to take actions that can't be undone?
Published October 9th 2012 by Dark Horse Comics (first published September 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Avatar, please sign up.
Gill This website is good for reading avatar the last air bender graphic novels:

This website is good for reading avatar the last air bender graphic novels:

Start your review of Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Promise, Part 3 (The Promise, #3)
Hannah
Jan 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
THAT WAS AMAZING IM A MESS WOW
Iryna *Book and Sword*
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
For the review of the whole mini series, and more reviews, please visit my book blog

4.75/5stars

Yes! What an awesome finale.
I loved Zuko's everlasting battle with evil within.
I love Sokka's...I just really love Sokka.
I love how Aang loves who he is and where he came from. I love his philosophy.
I love Katara, because she keeps everybody in check, and because she's a waterbender (and so I am according to a quiz I took).
I love Toph because she's badass to the core.
description
A wonderful addition to the Ava
(inactive)
May 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i would just like everyone to know that zuko is the love of my life and i would marry him but i would also marry katara thank you for coming to my ted talk.
Caz (littlebookowl)
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
Rating: 4.5
Emma Angeline
Dec 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always loved the series and it translates very well into the comics. Avatar has always tried to deal with more complex sociopolitical and moral issues so exploring decolonisation and cultural appropriation is very ‘on brand’ let’s say, certainly true to the original series (the comics are all canon ofc). Listening to every side of the argument and finding the most reasonable and peaceful (endgame) solution is a consistent theme. Loved it and annoyed I left the next couple comics at home lol ...more
Sophie_The_Jedi_Knight
Aug 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Aah, SO GOOD.

This series came to a great conclusion, although I do know that there are more books. This section has been well done.

Zuko's character was... so beyond great, I just, I can't. And Aang's obviously. I love their dynamic so much. That opening scene was amazing, and the ending one. And wow, there is so much potential to work with for future books. 5/5 stars.
Jahanzaib Asim
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was rewatching one of my favorite episodes of Book 3 today (The one where the team goes and watches the play represntations of their journey) and it hit me, I still haven't read the continuation
And decided to do so after finishing Shadow and Bone.
And maaaaaaannnn, I'm so glad I did.
It takes place RIGHT AFTER the 100 year war. After Aang defeated the Fire Lord, Ozai, by taking away his bending
They seem to think they have found peace and propose a harmony movement, eradicating the fire nation
Alexandra Elend Wolf
"Asking you to end me if I went bad... that was like asking you to figure out right and wrong for me. I didn't just want you as my safety net. I wanted you as my escape hatch. I can't put that on you. I understand now."

What a satisfying end.

I must admit, Aang got on my nerves a lot, but, thankfully, he took the right decision at the end. I mean, I get why he was like he was, I don't hold it against him, but it frustrated me a lot.

It starts pretty intense and continues likewise for the re
Zaynab
Jun 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love how Uncle Iroh invented bubble tea <3
Camila ☼
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

I never really gave much though to the fire nation colonies in the earth kingdom when I watched the show. But it was really interesting to read about how people from the fire nation had made a home in Yu Dao.

This comics are for children, yet they deal with such complex politics too. This show, the writers and the comics continue to amase me with the themes they decide to throw into ATLA.
Carrie (The Butterfly Reader)
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: june-2020
Omg! Dude that ending! This is the best!
maité
Sep 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5 / 5

“I don't think I’ll ever stop feeling lost”...

a million stars for zuko, he's my favorite forever and ever.
linda
Aug 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of the tv show
really loved this conclusion to this part of the comics. ♡ again, i can only repeat what i already mentioned in my review for the promise part 2; i'm so, so happy that the characters act, talk and behave the same way they probably do in the tv show. cool fighting scene, nerve-wracking cliff hanger, great themes - what's left for me to say?? also; i appreciated the fact that suki and iroh appeared in this one. now, i'd like to see more of momo and appa. ...more
James DeSantis
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A promising end to the first arc of the comic universe of Avatar.

Zuko marches with his army to try and settle things with the earth lord. Aang is trying to figure out what he wants and go through his feelings of what is right and wrong. Toph and the others are working together to make sure the two kingdoms don't destory each other. A little humor, a little political storytelling, and a lot of heart.

Avatar lands well here in the final part of the first arc. SO Nice to see Aang grow from this ex
karla. (exodusqueen)
Jun 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
When you told me to contemplate the world, what did you expect me to picture in my mind? A map? Some cosmic energy? [...]
I don’t know how to “contemplate the world” without first thinking of the people i care about.

estos comics son todo lo que no sabía que necesitaba 🤠😭
Lizor
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What more do I need to say? It's Avatar. ...more
Jen • Just One More Page

Review for all three parts under the cut.
(view spoiler)
Swankivy
Jan 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
The exciting conclusion to the "promise" graphic novel trilogy really makes good on its promise! Back in the beginning of this story arc, newly crowned Fire Lord Zuko made Aang promise he would "end him" if he lost touch with the good and started becoming his terrible father, but in consulting with his disgraced, imprisoned dad, he started to get confused about the sacrifices a Fire Lord needs to make and what constitutes the right stand for a leader to be making when faced with war. Now he cont ...more
Sophia
Dec 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Second Read:
Reading this again, I really felt the struggle within Zuko, Aang and the Eath King to do the right thing. Unfortunately, knowing what the right thing to do is the issue throughout the 3 parts of this story line. It felt good to see the character development and see the slow process of this world. Its the dawn of a new age for the four nations and I'm excited to read on and see how this movement comes to fruition.

First Read:
Nations at war again. This doesn't look good for Avatar Aang
Clara
Dec 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. I knew the Avatar Series was good - I know every episode by heart - but this was beyond my expectations. In such a short, children's book they discuss subjects such as colonisation, culture approach and making your own choices. It educates as much as it entertains. Aang will forever be a role model for me, but the path which Zuko struggled with is a reminder that we make bad choices, but that does not mean that we can not make good ones too. I see Katara, and see not only a brilliant waterb ...more
Aleksandra
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

Loved it! I love so many scenes and moments here, especially Aang telling off Roku and saying that it's a new world and you can't enforce old world rules, I love the complexity of everyone's characters, I love the humor (these kids have the best one-liners), I love Aang addressing his air nomad heritage & talking about cultural appropriation, and of course, I am vey excited to read the next comic, the search for Zuko's mother (with the help of Azula *gasp*)!

All in all, I've enjoyed Ava
Ashley
Yep, that was good. Maybe really good. I particularly like the way you can see events here starting to lay foundation for the world you see in Legend of Korra, with the mixed cultures and metal bending, etc. Definitely checking out The Search and The Rift.
Bárbara
Jan 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good, sooo good.
Sokka always carrying the burden of being the idea guy. He never dissapoints.
Aang and Zuko being family... in a way. My heart melts.
And Iroh inventing bubble tea. The real genius of this story.
Cath
Jan 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
3.5/5 stars.
This was good! Things were resolved but it wasn't as good as the first two. I still really enjoy these comics though, I love these characters so much :')
Charlotte Anne Hamilton
[[5 STARS]]

everything worked out. can't wait to start THE SEARCH and see what happens next. Also AZULA!!! i've missed her.
Serena
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
listen I'd die for fire lord zuko ...more
Mel (thebookishmel)
Jul 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
i definitely think that out of the three in the promise, this is definitely the best one because we see the internal struggle between all of the characters with such depth!!
C.B. Cook
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great conclusion to The Promise!

I really enjoyed this continuation of the Avatar series, and I think this was a great conclusion. I'm really hopeful that I'll be able to read The Search soon.
Shravanthi
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'd have liked a little more detail at the end..but that's okay, because whoever is writing these graphic novels is doing a fucking good job! Loving it through and through! :D ...more
Future Teachers, ...: kala ulep review 6 1 1 Nov 14, 2016 10:43PM
2015 Reading Chal...: Avatar:The Last Airbender: The Promise Part 3 1 9 Jul 25, 2015 12:24AM

• Imbalance, Part 3 (Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 2 (Imbalance, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Imbalance, Part 1 (Imbalance, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Lost Adventures (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • Katara and the Pirate's Silver (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #0.5)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Two (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part One (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars #1)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Three (Ruins of the Empire, #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part Two (Ruins of the Empire, #2)
  • The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, Part Three (The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars, #3)
  • The Legend of Korra: Ruins of the Empire, Part One (Ruins of the Empire, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: Toph Beifong's Metalbending Academy (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • The Rise of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #1)
  • The Last Airbender: Prequel - Zuko's Story
  • The Legend of Korra: Lost Pets (Free Comic Book Day 2018)
  • Imbalance (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #6)
  • The Shadow of Kyoshi (The Kyoshi Novels, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - Relics (Free Comic Book Day 2011)
Gene Yang began drawing comic books in the fifth grade. In 1997, he received the Xeric Grant, a prestigious comics industry grant, for Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks, his first comics work as an adult. He has since written and drawn a number of titles, including Duncan's Kingdom (with art by Derek Kirk Kim) and The Rosary Comic Book. American Born Chinese received National Book Award.

He

Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics (6 books)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Promise (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #1)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Search (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #2)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Rift (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #3)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender - Smoke and Shadow (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #4)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender: North and South (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #5)
  • Imbalance (Avatar: The Last Airbender, #6)