Start by marking “Murder at Honeysuckle Hotel (Trash to Treasure Crafting Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Murder at Honeysuckle Hotel (Trash to Treasure Crafting Mystery, #1)

Murder at Honeysuckle Hotel (Trash to Treasure Crafting Mystery #1)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  434 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
It’s summertime in Honeysuckle, and everyone is lazing in the shade with a tall glass of lemonade. Everyone except Raelynn Pendleton. She’s stuck working at the local store to make the rent while her no-good ex-husband lives it up with a floozy.

When she inherits a Victorian house, Raelynn jumps at the chance to turn her life around. How can she afford the upkeep on such a
Published April 2nd 2012 by Magical Press

To ask other readers questions about Murder at Honeysuckle Hotel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder at Honeysuckle Hotel

Paige  Bookdragon
Needs a bit more polishing when it comes to the romance department. I didn't feel the love between the heroine and the (supposed to be?) hero..
The mystery was a bit alright. But I got a feeling that at the last two chapters, the writing or the story was a bit rushed.

Marsha
Apr 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young Adults and adults
Recommended to Marsha by: Rose Pressey
Okay, so I have a confession to make. I started "Murder at Honeysuckle Hotel" this morning prior to getting ready for church. The problem is it was soooooooo good, I was late for church. Yeah, that's right and now I feel guilty. I guess I am going to have to do some serious praying (smile).

Raelynn Pendleton has been divorced from her cheating husband for one year. She is working at the only grocery store in the small town and renting a room from a cantankerous landlady. Then one day a shady look
Cyrena
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
This is an ebook. There are numerous spelling errors and typos, as well as several discrepancies within the storyline. It is a cute story worth 3 stars; however, the author didn't make the effort to edit her work, so I won't make the effort to give her that third star.
Brittney Calcott
is there a chance for negative stars? if i could take back the hour or so it took to read the first 100 pages, i would. i tried to give it a chance. but life is too short for crappy books.
Jye
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
I have read a couple books by Rose Pressy before and from memory I quite enjoyed them. This book has been sitting on my kindle for almost three years now waiting to be read. But sadly I cannot say that I enjoyed it. In fact, the only thing I can say I enjoyed was how simple and fairly well written it was.

The characters where bland, the MC in particular seemed to have a screw loose. Most of her actions where odd and incredibly unlikely, I will mention them in the following spoiler tags. (view sp
Anita Clay
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Raelynn has just moved into town. She works at the local grocery and is nice to everyone. One elderly lady who she had been kind to dies and leaves her a home. Before she even moves in there is a murder in her new backyard. When she meets the local, very hot, Sheriff Kent Klein, things really take a turn for the better. Or has it.

Raelynn enjoys shopping at thrift shops and repurposing furniture and household items. She decides to open up her new home as a bed and breakfast. Her first customer s
Donna
Aug 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved the premise of this book and the characters involved. The crafting on a budget that Raelynn has to do to decorate her new home is very familiar to me, so I could very much relate to her, but the ideas in the book also gave me some ideas - and I loved that the author gave instructions at the end of the book for the main projects she talked about, the same way other authors give recipes. Anyway, it's a great story, and I loved the descriptive writing style of the author - the backyard of R ...more
Krystyna
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Should you look a gift horse in the mouth?

Fabulous. Just the right mix of mystery, romance and great dialogue. A down on her luck divorcee finds herself the owner of a mansion like house. The only trouble is that not even 24 hours later she is also the householder with a body in her garden. Can she and her BFF find out who killed the teacher and left her body in her garden? Or will public opinion make the hunky sheriff arrest her for the crime. Great dialogue and the two female characters really
Shirley Worley
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Quick, fun read about Raelynn, a divorcee who inherits a house from a lonely old lady who was a customer at the grocery store where Rae works. Things go bump in the night, and then next day Rae finds a body in the back yard. The town gossip mill pronounces her guilty, but soon she and her best friend Claire Ann are looking for possible suspects.

Liked the trash to treasure aspect of Rae's fixing up the historic old home, interesting characters and plot, although the ending felt rushed and incompl
Sandee
Aug 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ereader
I enjoyed this book. It has a good premise and the story is engaging and kept me interested until the end. I did find the story a bit choppy in places. However, as the first book in a series I think it has potential and will likely read more from this series.
Lisa
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Cute

It was a cute read. Not a thrilling or exciting book, but cute. I’m used to murder mysteries with more technical details, but I enjoyed this.
Melody
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
A young woman inherits a house from one of her customers and the first morning after moving in she finds a dead body in her back garden. Ok read, likeable characters.
Ali
May 01, 2012 rated it it was ok

****EDIT*****

The author contacted me regarding this review and explained to me why this had occurred (an oversight due to the self-published nature of her works), apologized for the error, and then stated that she would immediately have the book be re-edited to correct these issues. I will be completely honest, when I saw the initial message come through, I almost threw up, because I was expecting to get reamed out for my initial lackluster review. However, Rose was nothing but courteous and pro
Melissa
Dec 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Cozy Mystery Readers
Recommended to Melissa by: Rose Pressey
I love a silly, light, cozy mystery. For me, over a long weekend or when life gets hectic, there is nothing better than sitting with a cup of coffee and loosing yourself in a complete fluff read. No grabbing the book (or the kindle) too tight because you just can't wait to see what happens next. No blood and guts described about the crime. Just silly sleuthing, friendships, and maybe a little romance thrown in for the heck of it.

With all that being said, Rose Pressey's "Murder at Honeysuckle Ho
Lori Henrich
Dec 18, 2016 rated it liked it
This was pretty good. I liked the characters a lot and the trash to treasure concept is one I like. I wish I had the talent to do things like that but I don't have the ability to look at something and see it as useful for something else. That is why I like those hack videos that show you how to use simple items that you would normally discard.

Raelynn is newly divorced and trying to put some semblance of a life together. She is working at the local market where she takes the time to chat with the
Elisa Hordon
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the first page

so there was murder, mystery, adultery, weird guests a slice of romance and great friends, what more can you ask for in a small town oh yeah lot's of gossip.

Raelynn Pendleton is divorced and ready to start her life again now she has kicked her cheating ex to the curb.
Her best friend Claire Ann has her back always even when Raelynn stumbles across a dead body or when the whole town thinks she is there murderer Claire Ann has her back oh and when Claire Ann is tryin
Abigail
Sep 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I read this while stuck waiting at the hospital. As stated by Rose this was outside the normal paranormal mystery or cozy expected and since ut came out between awaited new books of her other series it was a nice side path.

Feeling blue I am glad I choose this to read. I found myself holding my breath at times, thinking Rae was plum crazy at others, smiling at her willingnesss to.seize the day and feeling bad for her with the craziness of a small.Southern town. I have been her, divorced and in a
Yvonne Taylor
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a fun, quirky read. When Raelynn Pendleton receives a large Victorian home from the late Mrs. Mathers, she hardly knows what to do. She decides to make a hotel out of it and the money goes towards upkeep and bills so that she can keep it.. When a neighbor threatens her, because she should have received the home.
Her first night in her new home, someone shows up dead in her backyard. When Mr. Littlefield stays at the hotel he is really rude. What is he up to?
Everyone in town dislikes Raelyn
Layla Darnell
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun story featuring Raelynn who moved to honeysuckle about a year ago with her ex husband. Working in a store and trying to live her life she suddenly inherits a house from an elderly customer who has passed away. Raelynn is excited and has plans to turn the house into a hotel but her first night on the house she discovers a dead body in the backyard. While everyone is blaming her except her gossip happy friend Claire, Raelynn is determined to keep her dreams of the hotel alive while d ...more
Marti
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
I cannot believe that someone(s) rated this book 4 stars! I found it frothy, saccharine, and inconsequential. The characters are rather much stock--yes, around here we have had meth labs--and the plot mostly predictable. Of course, the handsome sheriff--don't you love how he is described every time as gorgeous, etc.--is going to fall for Raelynn, the ex wife of his best friend who is apparently a real jerk. If I hadn't been asked to review it for Barnes & Noble, I would have deserted it. I d ...more
Rachel
Jan 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Cute is the first word that popped into my head after reading this. It was cute but not really much of a mystery book. Yes a person was murdered but Raelynn doesn't necessarily solve the case like most cozy mysteries so much as has the murderer screw up and get themselves caught for sheer stupidity. Raelynn was a cute character and very likable and the plot lagged a bit in places, but overall a fun read.
Peggie Ross
Dec 28, 2014 rated it liked it
I have read several books with this same formula....down-on-her-luck divorcee inherits a house from an acquaintance, finds a body at the house, the handsome kindly small town law enforcer takes up her case and they fall in love. It was a quick read, fortunately or I wouldn't have finished it. If the sequels are on Book Bub I would purchase them, but not at full ebook prices. Have too many other books already on my TO DO list to deliberately add this series.
Stephanie
Feb 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
This was an ok book. The narrator (Marjie Lenhart) was enjoyable and the reason why I kept listening. I think there is a tad too much filler and not enough plot. However, good enough that I will listen to the next book. Easy plot to listen to while driving. Don't let my comments put you off though. I'm getting kindof picky. :)
Julie Levenhagen
Nov 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Honestly this was more of a 2.5 stars but I like the author a lot so I'm being generous. There was nothing inherently bad aside from a few editing errors (continuity, spelling). It just didn't really grab my attention. The dialogue felt forced, there was too much "tell" not enough "show". Not my favorite.
Nana Prah
Dec 05, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a cute novel. Every woman has her special gift and we learn that Raelynn’s gift does not include solving a murder. Embarrassing herself, stumbling into trouble, decorating, and catching a hunky sheriff are more her specialties.

I really enjoyed the decorating tips sprinkled throughout the book as murder and mayhem occurred all around her.
Andrea Stoeckel
Nov 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was fun. A little hard to believe, but a lot of fun. A tiny town,a divorcee,she's left a house much to the gossiping hordes chagrin. She's almost killed....and meanwhile she opens her house up as a hotel? Like I said, a lot of fun
Petula Darling
This should probably be on my "couldn't finish" shelf since I only made it an hour and a half into the audiobook, but the book just seemed so far removed from how the world actually works, and the main character so obviously an idiot, that I felt it earned its one star rating.
Sodapop13
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read! Very well written and just one or two typos. I enjoyed Raelynn and her bestie Carrie Ann. I also like the Sheriff in this book, he is a little more supportive then most of the alpha males I have read. The mystery is very twisty as well! I can't wait to read another!
Sandra
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it!
Karen
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Pretty light reading on this one. Odd to find typo's in an ebook. It was okay.
Madison Mega-Mara...: #53 - Murder at Honeysuckle Hotel 1 1 Mar 31, 2014 09:49AM
  • Secret Bond (Jamie Bond, #2)
  • Ghouls Just Want to Have Fun (Calamity Jayne, #3)
  • Armed and Glamorous (Crime of Fashion, #6)
  • Pretty, Hip, & Dead (Agnes Barton/Kimberly Steele Mystery #1)
  • Invitation to Murder (A Card Making Mystery, #1)
  • Absolute Liability (A Southern Fraud Thriller, #1)
  • Sunshine Hunter (Susan Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • Cropped to Death (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery, #1)
  • Rock Bottom (Imogene Museum Mystery #1)
  • Four-Patch of Trouble (Danger Cove, #4)
  • Through a Glass, Deadly (A Glassblowing Mystery, #1)
  • A Cup of Cozy
  • Nursing a Grudge (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #4)
  • Dying for Dinner Rolls (Chubby Chicks Club, #1)
  • Steamed (Maid in LA, #1)
  • Strung Out to Die (Divorced Divas Mystery, #1)
  • Murder in Miniature (Miniature Mystery, #1)
  • Motion for Murder (Jamie Winters, #1)
Forever Charmed available now!

Rock 'n' Roll is Undead, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells, How to Date a Werewolf, and Me and My Ghoulfriends are available on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords. Only 99 cents.

Rose Pressey enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.

When she's n
More about Rose Pressey

Trash to Treasure Crafting Mystery (2 books)
  • Honeysuckle Homicide (Trash to Treasure Crafting Mystery #2)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
  • Anatomy of a Scandal
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Perfect Stranger
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Lying in Wait
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
  • Poppet
  • Mine
  • Ritual: A Novel
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • Birdman
  • Hanging Hill: A Novel
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)