Start by marking “Cinderella Dressed in Ashes (The Grimm Diaries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cinderella Dressed in Ashes (The Grimm Diaries, #2)

Cinderella Dressed in Ashes (The Grimm Diaries #2)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  1,171 Ratings  ·  90 Reviews
Loki is controlled by the Queen through his Dreamhunter's Fleece, and he's now Snow White's enemy. No one's sure what the Queen of Sorrow wants to do next, and what her plans with Sorrow are.
In another Dreamory, they learn who Cinderella really is, where she came from, her relationship with Snow, and what historical period she'd affected with what she calls the Forbidden A
Paperback, 1st Edition, 300 pages
Published August 12th 2013 by Akmal Eldin Farouk Ali Shebl (first published December 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cinderella Dressed in Ashes, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Zachary Flye (Zach's YA Reviews)
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Michelle Elizabeth
May contain mild spoilers!

First, anyone heard the rhyme that people jump rope to, the one that that starts off "Cinderella dressed in yellow (yella)"... ? It existed a long time before the title Anna Dressed in Blood; the title of this book is obviously taken from the rhyme, being a novel about Cinderella and all.

8/7/13: OMG! It has a cover! Yay! I want it! :)

8/15: I got my copy today!!

Original Review:
OK. I LOVED this book! It was better than the first (which was still pretty good), and more in
Angela
Jan 23, 2013 marked it as maybe-read
Shelves: fantasy
If Snow White Sorrow didn't sound like Anna Dressed in Blood, this one definitely does.

THE TITLE.

Barbora
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hořela hruška, hořela, rozfajrovaná do běla. - Noc v osamělém říjnu

Tímto citátem bych ráda vyjádřila jak horkou byla tahle kniha jízdou.
It was wrong on so many levels.
A stejně jsem se od toho nemohla odtrhnout, i když jsem někde narazila na hrubku, podivnou metaforu nebo jinou stylistickou neobratnost. Taky moc nepobírám, jak jde dohromady Cinderella dressed in ashes s prequelem Ashes to ashes, cinder to cinder. Něco je tam stejný, ale jsou tam věci co mi neštimují nebo je nechápu.
Sněhurka mi
Nadia
This one was

Mostly because the larger part of the book took place in the dreamworld. I didn't like getting glimpses of the real world with Axel and Fable, those two just got me pissed whenever they appeared. However, the dreamworld part with Shew, Cerene, Snow queen and every other danger was so awesome that I can't but give it a very deserving 5 stars.

I absolutely looooooove Cerene. I like Shew better now after getting her POV and knowing how strong she is. Loki as usual was annoying like hell
Stephanie
Jun 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The release date says December 2012 did it mean 2013?

This is my first review so please dont be to harsh
Update :)

I finished the book today a couple hours ago actually and my mind is still reeling. This book was very amazing and different in the way that the author gives you a puzzle you have to figure out on your own. I love this book very original and left me wanting more. I love the fairy tales and historical and urban legends tie in. The way Sorrow is described it makes you feel like it could
Sondra
Jul 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
~ A beautifully twisted fairytale! ~ Cameron Jace's 2nd book in the series did not disappoint! I really enjoyed getting to know Snow White better in this book, and the feel of the story reminded me a lot of the "prequels" which for me, are darker than the first book of the main series. The writing is witty, fresh, and clearly well-researched to blend fact and fiction (and fairytale of course) into a fantasy novel that I believe adults that enjoy YA fiction will find a worthwhile read. Looking fo ...more
Nele
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it better than the first one, but it doesn't make me want to read book 3 & 4.
Zachary Flye (Zach's YA Reviews)
Review:

Protagonists: One of the things I really enjoyed about this story was that we really got to see from multiple perspectives, unfortunately, none of those were Loki, but honestly, in the end, I didn't care about not exploring his story further in this tale. The first main POV we get to see from is Snow/Shew who takes center stage in this story of her connection to the Cinderella character comes to light. I have to say that I did like Snow's character development better than Loki's. While Lo
Bambi Coppler
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love love love these books however this book for than the others had serious grammatical issues! It was to the point of frustration. That aside, again the author leaves you on a cliff hanger demanding more! It's a well done series thus far and I'm looking forward to reading the next book.
Tori
Aug 26, 2013 added it
I loved it! The author had to have researched a lot to be able to connect history and stories in this tale. You will never look at fairy tales or the world the same way again.
Dee King
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this much more than the first. I like it focused more on Snow White and her "dwarves" Interesting take on that part of the fairy tale. I liked learning about Cinder and her many forms. I figured out Fable and annoying ass Axel's identity in the first book, I do like their devotion to Shew. I haven't missed Lucy, but I am curious as to where she is. And who she is too. Guess I'm on to the final installment, to see how this all plays out.
Kelly
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intensely amazing

I love all of Cameron's books I've read so far. The grimm diaries are dark and twisted. Everything he writes is told as though it's the natural explanation... the way things should've been told. Very creative and intriguing the whole way through.
KayteReads
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books-owned
Interesting

I enjoyed this one quite a bit. While the ending wasn't too predictable, it wasn't surprising at all. However, it was very well written.
Mona
Dec 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
What could have been a quick read took longer. There were so many parts that were too descriptive and slow that it struggled to hold my attention.

The dialogues are still as juvenile and painful to read as 'Snow White Sorrow'. Especially Loki's, he was still as childish, cliché and cheesy as he was in Snow White Sorrow. Here's an example:

"Stop talking and fight like a man!" Shew shouted.

"How about we fist fight in the mud instead of using swords?" Loki said playfully, "This way we could get to kn
Meaghan
I enjoyed this one much more than I did the first full length novel in this series. I knew I just had to stick with them! This one seemed more in line to the diary prequels to me. It is great seeing some more of the characters we knew and loved in the prequels come to life in this second novel. I also thought characters grew tremendously compared to the first novel. I never doubted Mr. Jace!! He is an excellent story-teller.

I absolutely loved Cerene. She has a bit of mystery to her and it is so
Elizabethbeth
Jul 18, 2015 rated it liked it
От второй части я ожидала той же атмосферы, что и в Белоснежке, бурного развития событий, разгадывание дневников и так далее. А получила я сон. Сказать, что я разочарована – ничего не сказать. Большую часть книги я вообще не вникала, что же происходит, точнее не хотела понимать. Думала, сейчас эта сцена закончится, и нам все подробно и в крации разъяснят что же произошло. Спустя половину книги, я поняла, что надо все-таки расставить все по местам.

Если в первой части повествование шло от мальчика
zapkode
{my thoughts} - This book’s primary focus is on Snow White and Cinderella. I am in awe at how well thought out all of these books are: the prequels included. I really enjoyed this book and cannot wait to dig into the next set of prequels.

Loki, Fable, Axel and Snow White all come back in this book. The primary focus is about a dream that is taking place in which Snow White and Loki appear to be trapped. Fable and Axel do a ton of research in which they are trying to discover a means in which they
Selena
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cinderella Dressed in Ashes by Cameron Jace, is the perfect sequel to Snow White Sorrow. Not only does it begin where Snow ended, but it continues the saga in a way it could lead to the next book! Sometimes a sequel can be read as a standalone, this is NOT one of them. The characters, scenes and events require prior knowledge that was set up in the first book.

This "episode" begins with Snow waiting at Schloss for Loki to return to her. He does. He does with the full intent of killing her, foreve
Sergej
Jul 28, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5.
This book was very well-researched and had interesting ideas. Characters-especially Cerene-were intriguing. However, i have serious problems.
1. Dialogue is completely annoying.
2. Is this kingdom so small?
3.I couldn't properly connect to Shew.
4. Cerene was sometimes really strange.
5. Cerene's process of making glass. While description is clever and lovely, all those things she needs are ridiculously hard to get.
6. Alex and Fable's chapters were pure exposition, and 2 annoyed me.
7. THAT ISN'T
Amanda
Jun 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Once again, Cameron Jace shows what an amazing storyteller he is. The amount of research in these books is incredible. He manages to shed a new light on nearly every fairy tale there is and bring them all together in a unique and fascinating way. I loved Cerene's character in this book and the number of times the Queen makes an appearance. She has always been a favorite of mine. :) I was a tiny bit worried that I wouldn't enjoy this book as much because I didn't love the Cinderella prequel as mu ...more
PepperP0t
Actually 3.75 stars

Building on the foundation laid in Snow White Sorrow this sophomore effort is just as divisive in the synopsis but is a less silly and humorous outing. The story also fits the key events in seamlessly and begins with Queen of Sorrow attempting to slyly get information from the children of Hamlin by pretending to be sent by Charmwill.

I liked this outing a bit better probably because of the lack of silliness. Also the continuation of the story was a winner for this reader. Getti
♣Tessa♣
Dec 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Wow, while a little slow going, and while I'm still wondering how I feel about Cerene, this was still awesome. I think the ending was the best, finally figuring out what Loki's pendant says, who Charmwell is...such a great way to end a story.
I do feel like there wasn't too much going on in here, since Cinderella is so many people I feel like maybe focusing on only Cerene wasted some potential. This could just be me hoping this isn't how she's always going to be/act, since I'm not overly fond of
Shelley
May 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cameron-jace
I am not the best person to write a review.. I like what I like and I do not really know why or how to put it into words. However, I LOVE Cameron Jace. I am in love with his writing and how he portrays the characters. The development of Shew, Cerene', The Queen, Axel and Fable in this book is wonderful. Devoured the book in about 5 days.. I put projects on hold to read this book(Don't tell my boss). The ending is wonderful such a surprise and I love the twist of trying to figure out what Loki's ...more
Bonny Paz
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As much as I enjoyed the first book in the series, this one was badass! I loved how it was darker than the first and the flow was great! I loved how the story progressed. I don't know what I was thinking after the first book was over. I guess I assumed that it would be a totally different story. The way it continued the first book was brilliant. I can't wait for the third installment. Now I am moving onto Insanity. Cameron Jace is beginning to find a place in my imagination with his well thought ...more
Velia
Awesome story. I loved this one and so far it is my favorite.

I loved how it was told from Snow White 's perspective and we get introduced to Cinderella. I loved the action scenes...very cool. Cerene was my favorite of the characters. She was just so sweet and friendly with the vampire chick. I loved how the fairy tale world is so complex, but all tales related and related to the real world. I love the ties to Italian history and the vampire books.

This book was worth the wait (I started the Preq
Onome Etisioro
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Cinderella Dressed in Ashes. The second installment. Snow White's story continues, while we are introduced to our famous (or is it infamous?) Cinderella, only she's cryptic, moody, fierce and downright bad-ass (not to mention covered in ashes). This book drew me in, gripping me ruthlessly. And despite the little things, e.g, the cheesy, cliche and annoying banter, the typos, et cetera...there was no dull moment with thiw book, truly. It just captures you whole. Cameron sure knows how to draw you ...more
Mihail
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
This one was a little slow going. I don't know why, maybe I missed Loki, I hate when book series change protagonists and leave my fav on the bench. I was also had this weird idea about seeing "Dark Loki"s POV.
Anyway, it was still a good adventure. Smaller in scope, we got to see only a handful of fairytale characters, but very private and revealing. Shew grew on me, at the end I was really rooting for her.
The real life connections, the author was making, with historical events and whatnot, felt
Andrea Martin
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
the second book of the grimm fairy tales was one of great interest to me. I loved the way the story goes through the different time settings and the historical references of the many places the Phoenix has risen from. the best part for me was when Shew was able to wake from the dreamworld and face the consequences of all she had been through. I can't wait for the next book to see how Charmwill will be resurrected and the rest of the characters come together.
Trixie Mcbimbo
Jan 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: cameron-jace
The pictures were missing from the e-book I downloaded, and there are a lot of typos that were overlooked towards the end of the book, as if the author was doing a rush job to get the book published and didn't take the time to have it revised properly. I'm not a grammar Nazi in the slightest, but as a writer myself I got turned off quite a bit because I felt like I was a teacher grading a paper. Quality over quantity next time, please, even if it means fans have to wait.
Mandy
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2-kindle
I am really enjoying these stories, I would rate them higher except it seems that towards the end the characters begin to repeat everything over and over in an annoying fashion.

Other than that the stories are fun to read and the twists and turns are exciting. all the suspense makes it hard to put the book down for a break because I want to find out more about Snow White's past and her "Lost Seven" that have pieces of her heart.
  • Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )
  • Sleeping Beauty: Vampire Slayer (Twisted Tales, #2)
  • the Dark (The Portal Trilogy #1.5)
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
  • Blood Red Riding Hood (Zombie Fairy Tales #4)
  • The Unmasking of Cinderella (Enchanted Fairytales, #4)
  • Ever Winter (A Dark Faerie Tale, #3)
  • The Vullens' Curse (The Jade Series, #1)
  • What I've Done
  • Deadland: Untold Stories of Alice in Deadland (Alice in Deadland #5)
  • The Beauty in the Beasts
  • Dream Lover
  • Undying Love (Undying Love, #1-3)
  • Blood and Snow: The Complete Set
  • The Gates (Resistance, #2)
  • Touch (Reaper Novellas  #1)
  • Nameless (Tales of Beauty & Madness, #1)
  • A Life, Freed
Bestselling author of the Grimm Diaries and Insanity series. A traveller and collector of out-of-print books from all over the world, obsessed with the origins of folk tales and the mysterious storytellers who spread them. Many of his books made Amazon's Top 100 Customer Favorites in Kindle 2015 & Amazon's Top 100 kindle list. Cameron lives in California. When he isn't writing or collecting bo ...more
More about Cameron Jace

The Grimm Diaries (4 books)
  • Snow White Sorrow (The Grimm Diaries, #1)
  • Blood, Milk, and Chocolate - Part One (The Grimm Diaries, #3)
  • Blood, Milk, and Chocolate - Part Two (The Grimm Diaries, #4)

Fantasy & Science Fiction Deals

• Bright Smoke, Cold Fire (Bright Smoke, Cold Fire, #1)
  • The Gold-Son
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Trail of Dead (Scarlett Bernard, #2)
  • The Regulars
  • Childhood's End
  • The Mirror
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Voyage to Magical North (The Accidental Pirates)
    $5.67 $2.99
  • Raven's Peak (World on Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Swords and Deviltry (Lankhmar, 1)
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Rebel Wing (Rebel Wing #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Garden of Stones (Echoes of Empire, #1)
  • Dracula [Kindle in Motion]
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Autumn Republic (Powder Mage #3)
  • The Thickety: A Path Begins
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Stinger
  • Lost Voices
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Blade Itself (The First Law, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Extracted (Extracted Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
  • Isle of Blood and Stone
  • Spirit Hunters
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Haven (War of the Princes, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus (Cirque des Immortels, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Brilliance (Brilliance Saga, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Act Two (Cirque des Immortels, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Better World (Brilliance Saga, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Written in Fire (Brilliance Saga, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The Immortal Circus: Final Act (Cirque des Immortels, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Secret of the Sirens (The Companions Quartet, #1)
  • Ocean of Storms
  • Artful
  • Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Chains of Command (Frontlines, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angles of Attack (Frontlines, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Lines of Departure (Frontlines, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga #2)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Into the Dim
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Terms of Enlistment (Frontlines #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Altered Carbon (Takeshi Kovacs, #1)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Kull: Exile of Atlantis
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Fury (Blur Trilogy #2)
  • Gears of War  Aspho Fields
  • Midnight Robber
  • Taken (Taken, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Lion of Senet (Second Sons Trilogy, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • City
    $7.99 $1.99
  • You Suck (A Love Story, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch
  • The Rules of Magic
    $11.99 $4.99
  • Storm (Elemental, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10)
  • Mama Day
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Dreamfall (Dreamfall #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Kissed by Darkness (Sunwalker Saga, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dragon Marked (Supernatural Prison, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Blood Kissed (Lizzie Grace, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Glimmer of Hope (The Avalon Chronicles #1)
  • Celia and the Fairies
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Best Served Cold (First Law World, #4)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Valor (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2)
  • The Last One
  • Genesis
    $11.99 $1.99
  • To Honor You Call Us (Man of War, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunter's Trail (Scarlett Bernard, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Abyss Beyond Dreams (Commonwealth: Chronicle of the Fallers, #1)
  • Wool: The Graphic Novel
    $7.99 $2.99
  • And I Darken (The Conqueror's Saga, #1)
  • Ticker
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard (Barsk, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dead Spots (Scarlett Bernard #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Concealed (Lakewood, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“Ashley burned down the school, smeared in the ashes of her sisters, with a that tattoo on her arm saying, 'I am a pleasure to burn.” 6 likes
“Some wounds never show, not even in the mirror, until we see them in the expressions on the faces of people we love.” 2 likes