Start by marking “Forget Me Not” as Want to Read:
Forget Me Not

Forget Me Not

4.71  ·  Rating details ·  2,423 Ratings  ·  228 Reviews
Inspired by the five petals of the tiny forget-me-not flower, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf reminds us of five things we will be wise to never forget:

To be patient with ourselves
To distinguish between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
To be happy now
To focus on the “why” of the gospel
To know that the Lord loves each of us infinitely.
Hardcover, 1, 56 pages
Published April 13th 2012 by Deseret Book (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Forget Me Not, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forget Me Not

Jinky
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Another General Conference talk (Oct. 2011) prettied up and made into a book by this author.  You can read the original discourse HERE or purchase it for free HERE for your Kindle.

This counsel I greatly enjoyed.  I like how Pres. Uchtdorf premised this talk telling of the German legend of how this beautiful flower got it's name "...just as God had finished naming all the plants, one was left unnamed. A tiny voice spoke out, “Forget me not, O Lord!” And God replied that this would be its name."
LeeAnn
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds, spiritual, women
Tis is such a sweet message for everyone to remember, but he geared this especially to women. I think women need to be reminded the very most of how important and special they are to our Father in Heaven. My mother sent this to me and then I got the e-book so I always have it with me. It is one of the few that I have both ways.

One of my most favorite quotes from this talk/book is this:

"While understanding the what and the how of the gospel is necessary, the eternal fire and majesty of the gospe
Tim
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I know that this talk was intended originally or women but if you substitute the feminine words for masculine ones then this talk is equally as relevant to men lol. President Uchtdorf is such an amazing man. This talk is warming, uplifting and down right inspiring :)
Kirsten
This was an encouraging book to read.
Verona
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet, small book! I read this book when President Uchtdorf gave it as a published talk in our church's Ensign magazine. This version was lovely with the illustrations of Forget Me Not flowers on the chapter heading pages. The message was the same with or without the little flower reminders. The tone of this book was very uplifting and encouraging to women. He tells us 5 things never to forget:
1-to be patient with yourself
2-the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice
Catherine
May 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a talk given by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf in the latest general Relief Society meeting. The forget me not flower is symbolic of five things that we should never forget. My favorite is "forget not to be patient with yourself". That is something I constantly need to be reminded of. President Uchtdorf gives wonderful talks, and this has been one of my all time favorite talks. The book is so pretty, too. The pictures of forget me not flowers are gorgeous. I recommend this book for an ...more
Katrina
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was sent to me via a wonderful friend. Im so glad that she did as I have read it and found it very uplifting. A book that can be read more than once when your feeling like you need a little inspiration and a story filled with alot of reminders and a message written within the pages.

An uplifting book to read when you feeling like you need a little faith in yourself. For all that you do .. Always remember to not Forget not to be happy now !!!

Thank you to my wonderful friend ** kath ** wh
Shaylee*cheeky*
Jul 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shelved-books
Why are these kinds of stories so good? It's because they are true. Every single thing that was said is true now, 20 years ago, and forever into the future. Forget not that you are not alone, you don't have to be sad. You can be anything you want to be and come out on top.
Jamie Cottle
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspring, lds
I heard this talk in general conference and loved it. Then was given this book as a gift from my mom and read it and loved it ! This is definetely one of those talks that need to be read regularly so we do not forget how wonderful, unique and special we women are!
Bridget
Jul 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help, religion
President Uchtdorf always has good counsel to share. My 8 year old happened to come in while I was reading this and read the whole book along with me. That will be a cherished memory for this mom.
Chantae
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely love this book.
Jaylene
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely everything I needed to hear today.
kathleen n jones
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women looking for who they are
Very timely advice and reminder.
Maria Thomas
Aug 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, lds
Fast read of a good reminder for all the things we should not forget. Ex: Forget not to be patient with yourself....

Madi Andersen
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So inspiring and uplifting for the sisters in the church.

Super great and uplifting for the sisters in the LDS church to read and ponder. Very great for the youth also.
Marina
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Always a great talk from president Uchtdorf

Very inspiring, and educational in the lesson of God's love for us. He truly knows wY we need to hear.
Rebecca Minick
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lovely

So simple yet so very profound. I enjoyed this little book. I hope you will get this wonderful easy read.
Jill
Aug 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little too fluffy. Not much substance.
Hailey
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful

This was very cute. Especially because it's done by a prophet. It means a lot to me. Thank you. Hailey
Sam
Oct 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short, simple & loving

Great advice on focus and priorities. He starts with encouraging us to be more patient with ourselves. There are 5 things he encourages us to not forget. It takes all of 20 minutes or less to read.
Brielle Bronson
Mar 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book! It means so much to me.

One of the best inspirational books for women. A beautiful story of God's love. I would recommend for any LDS woman who could use a pick me up.
Greg
Forget Me Not is one of President Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talks, from the October 2011 Semi-Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was later reproduced as a small booklet and as a Kindle single. Some of my favorite quotes from his talk included:

1. "God wants to help us to eventually turn all of our weaknesses into strengths, but He knows that this is a long-term goal. He wants us to become perfect, and if we stay on the path of discipleship, one day we will
Kimberly
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What is there is to say about President Uchtdorf that has not already been said. In this small and simple book of 5 of the greatest truths of life President Uchtdorf reminds woman just how important they are. He presents these 5 great importances us as the petal of the forget-me-not flower, like the little flower he reminds us that God is always with us, he never forgets us. In our struggles he is standing by our side.

This is a very short book, but the words throughout it are clearly meant to h
Michelle
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspiration, lds
I really loved this book and the beautiful way it was written! This book will leave you feeling so special. It's not a very long book and it's FREE on Amazon! Beautiful words of blessing and encouragement, I won't say any more because I don't want to be a spoiler.

I highly recommend it!
Kimberly
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-nonfiction
"Forget Me Not" is the talk Pres. Uchtdorf gave in September 2011 at the General Relief Society meeting. It's not hard to see why this is one of his most popular talks - if not the most popular. Pres. Uchtodrf is eloquent with his words. Through his own testimony of the gospel and love of our Heavenly Father, you can feel that the Lord loves you, too. I love how he uses the forget-me-not flower to illustrate is point that, though we personally feel small, we are not insignificant to God.

Out of a
Vivian (Vivi) McCormack
LOVELY FORGET ME NOTS

Reading this wonderfully written lIttle but powerful message from them,reminds me my heavenly father does and is talking to us and reaching out to us each and every day. We are to stop and smell the roses or to forget - me - not. Boy, there is definitely something that touches me and reminds me daily of his love for each and every one of us. With me saying all of this and getting down from my wall of stone., I need to ask for help when in need and not build the walls in plac
Heidi
Jul 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds
This book is "just" Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk from October 2011's Relief Society session of General Conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints bound into a pretty little volume with beautiful pictures. I had to buy a copy so that when I'm starting to feel down on myself I can pick it up and remind myself that God will never forget me or the value that I have. I believe that anyone who is Christian and occasionally (or frequently) struggles with self-esteem would benefit ...more
Nancy
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-nonfiction
Short but very sweet and uplifting.
BCMUnlimited
May 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
See official review: http://www.bookscompletemeunlimited.c...

I loved the simpleness of this book. Every woman needs to remember to be patient with ourselves and to distinguish between a good and foolish sacrifice. Not to mention to be happy now and that we are loved. This is a short book, it was originally given in the LDS general confrence for Relief Society, but it can speak to any woman. Sometimes, as I know I do, we forget why we're doing what we're doing. We forget ourselves and focus on e
Emma
Feb 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don't close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day's ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life."

I LOVE this book! It has such a great message for everyone, especially women. It is so uplifting and has great words of advice that can help readers live a happier and more meaningful life, if applied. A short book with an important remind
  • Created for Greater Things
  • Daughters of God
  • The Beginning of Better Days: Divine Instruction to Women from the Prophet Joseph Smith
  • My Dear Sisters: Inspiration for Women from Gordon B. Hinckley
  • The Light We Share
  • Daughters in My Kingdom: The History and Work of Relief Society
  • The Continuous Conversion: God Isn't Just Proving Us, He's Improving Us
  • Small and Simple Things
  • Consider the Blessings
  • Increase In Learning: Spiritual Patterns For Obtaining Your Own Answers (Spiritual Patterns, #1)
  • Weakness Is Not Sin: The Liberating Distinction That Awakens Our Strengths
  • 21 Principles: Divine Truths to Help You Live By the Spirit
  • What Would a Holy Woman Do?
Dieter Friedrich Uchtdorf, a former German aviator and airline executive, is the Second Counselor in the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).

Uchtdorf was born to ethnic Germans Karl Albert Uchtdorf and Hildegard Else Opelt in Moravská Ostrava (German: Mährisch-Ostrau), which at the time was in the Nazi-occupied Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia (now O
More about Dieter F. Uchtdorf...

“I would like to use this little flower as a metaphor. The five petals of the little forget-me-not flower prompt me to consider five things we would be wise never to forget....first, forget not to be patient with yourself...second, forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice...third, forget not to be happy now...fourth, forget not the why of the gospel...fifth, forget not that the Lord loves you.” 7 likes
“The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments. They are the ones who, thread by daily thread, weave a tapestry of gratitude and wonder throughout their lives. These are they who are truly happy.” 4 likes